lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.11

On 2/17/2021 at 3:06 PM, ScrotyMcBoogerBalls said:

Any server owners here having issues with mags not spawning on any weapons even if they are set to spawn with a mag 100%since this update?

According to Sumrak on the Namalsk Discord, its a known bug in 1.11.

3 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

GTA V has cars that WORK on fully populated servers.  They don't fly unless you jump a ramp, hell, you can even fly a plane and it... just.... works.   Can DayZ EVER get this mechanic functioning properly on a 60 player server?  1.11 was supposed to be a major bug fix for the game and yet, BI chose to not fix the elephant bug in the room.... no one is surprised, understandably, given their record, but you would think maybe, just maybe, they would surprise people... But nope, it's business as usual.  Give them a few crumbs every once in a while and string them along a few more months... rinse... repeat.

And its been the elephant in the room for years. The current dev team even said last year that it was not easy to fix (they inherited this implementation).  The DayZ 2020 in Review said they were hoping to address it with an expanded team, so it's like it was announced they were fixed. As for GTA - far more resources, a completely different engine and just different work.

https://dayz.com/article/general/DayZ-2020-Year-in-Review

"With support from new additions to our team, we hope to resolve our ongoing weaknesses regarding some of the synchronization issues and physics-related problems with vehicles."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2021 at 2:08 AM, mobbie said:

No, it's the game it's the only game that game doesn't boost in and has low fps in modded and official servers i have worse fps than had with 2080ti lol. did put in a ticket they said to be a hot fix for it with 1.11 doesn't seem to be the case

you had RTX 2080Ti and got an RX 6800 ? wtf bro?

On 2/16/2021 at 5:05 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

lol, come on, its not going to affect flying cars. Those are a function of server-side physics + any server or client lag [underpowered or overloaded].

Other than that, its a very good. things. All sorts of great loot table changes made over the last 6-12 months and now the team will see how they affect gameplay when everyone starts fresh (some people have forgotten part of the CLE design is to push you off the coast). Hard to really truly test that when merging changes and everyone is fully geared.

wipe does affect cars... since there is no more junk that server needs to work with... a lot lighter load on the servers now.. since bases are gone and stashes too.. so yeah i bet it most certainly affects cars.. 😄

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

you had RTX 2080Ti and got an RX 6800 ? wtf bro?

wipe does affect cars... since there is no more junk that server needs to work with... a lot lighter load on the servers now.. since bases are gone and stashes too.. so yeah i bet it most certainly affects cars.. 😄

rx 6800xt smashes the 2080ti and keeps up with 3090.

Also cars still try to kill you when you take their wheels off when they just spawned how is this not fixed?

Edited by mobbie

They said in 2020 that they would be looking into vehicle issues, quoting them here:
"With support from new additions to our team, we hope to resolve our ongoing weaknesses regarding some of the synchronization issues and physics-related problems with vehicles."
 But... Tha being said, we surely can't expect that to be soon, probably by fall best case scenario.
 Althought it is not fair to compare to a rockstar game, it's fair to say that bohemia wants to fix it without spending any additional money. Almost every sync issue is due server perfomance, not only that, a few other features cause problems due that too (remember when wetness affected weight?) so better servers would help alot. But thing is, they want to fix it via coding, which makes it cheaper in a long run.
 I just hope that tencent get bigger inside bohemia and help them with that, since it looks like tencent's money is almost infinite.

Yesterday i roamed around in livonia. i view things i asked myself:

-Why can't i get some bark off a tree with a hatchet?

-Why cant i wash my hands in the river?

-Why do i get salmonella if i had washed my hands just bevore drinking of a vell on the vell?

and something prevented multiple characters from geting a new jacket or vest on. i tried, from ground, from hands, empty, my charakter naked.

and due to the fact i died the last 10 times i played from salmonella and puking, i think it might need a tiny bit of balancing there. i mean it should be survival but i mean its not the "salmonella simulater 2021"

in other concerns i think the experience in vanilla over all gets better and better. thanks for keeping the work up!

4 minutes ago, McWendy said:

You can wash your hands in a river. Not sure what you did wrong. 

i guess the game wanted me to get salmonella, so with my bloody hands it gave me only one option, to drink 😆

• Haha 1

Just now, MathTheRender said:

i guess the game wanted me to get salmonella, so with my bloody hands it gave me only one option, to drink 😆

The trigger can be quite awkward and not display properly, need to run around a bit to see it. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, thepoey said:

Lol. GTA V had something like...literally 1,000 people working on it, with a budget of over $137 million. DayZ, in its prime, had...what, at most, 80? And a budget that didn't even come close to that.

And GTA V, the cars don't "just...work"; it's the result of A LOT OF TIME AND MANPOWER AND MONEY. It's not magic, the way a lot of y'all seem to think it is. 

This is EASILY the most absurd comparison I have ever seen on here or the subreddit, and that's saying something. Good god. 

There were proper working cars, bikes, quads, bicycles, dirtbikes, tanks, planes, helicopters and boats in Arma Cold War Assault ( 2001) , Arma Armed Assault (2006), Arma 2 (2009) and Arma 3 (2013) 

20 years after they released their first proper game including working vehicles, after DayZ being worked on now since nearly 10 years and after Dayz being released and sold as a final and finished product since 2 years now it is behind me how someone still can defend this. 

Either BI released the game running on a halfarsed, unfinished and unstable engine or if this is not the case, they were not willing to invest the manpower to fix it until now......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

Either BI released the game running on a halfarsed, unfinished and unstable engine or if this is not the case, they were not willing to invest the manpower to fix it until now......

This is basically the reason why we have these issues with vehicles. A combination between a new engine, moving from client to server-side and BI cutting down the DayZ team by 2/3. 

Imo, they probably should have stayed with client side. Anyway, this is all in the past. Now we can just hope they fix/improve it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

This is basically the reason why we have these issues with vehicles. A combination between a new engine, moving from client to server-side and BI cutting down the DayZ team by 2/3. 

Imo, they probably should have stayed with client side. Anyway, this is all in the past. Now we can just hope they fix/improve it

Aye, especially since those 2/3 were (by the sound of it at least) essentially the people working on the engine... So the current DayZ team basically needs to wait for the Enfusion team to fix engine related stuff and then somehow apply that to the DayZ hybrid solution. I'm no tech guy, but building a game with one foot in one engine and one in another sounds like a recipe for just the kind issues we are seeing.

This is why I truly miss some kind of newsletter/dev talk like the old Status Reports during early access. Having actual "status reports" for post release development would be kind of awkward, but a newsletter talking about what is happening with current development, plans for the future and specific issues would be very welcome indeed. It doesn't have to be detailed roadmaps with dates and content goals (this has come back to bite them in the arse in the past as we all know...), but something would be better than nothing. Some players will always read "we are working on a fix for problem X" as "we are releasing a fix for problem X very soon" and then get pissed off when it doesn't come in a week, that is no reason to offer exactly 0 information about anything at all, drop updates basically out of the blue and simply refuse to discuss certain issues that the community regards as critical.

They said before the end of 2020 there would be some kind of roadmap for 2021, now we are nearly 1/6 of the year and one update into 2021 - and still no roadmap. This is something that annoys people - no communication is bad communication, essentially. And screenshot competitions don't count.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

Sitting in my watchtower/base in DayZ 1.11.

Getting level 5 bleeding in a couple of seconds from my barbed-wire attached to the OUTSIDE of the fences.

I thought "Continued damage from a fireplace or barbed wire after moving away from it" was fixed in 1.11??

If you don't notice quickly enough that this has happened you bleed out in about a minute.

There are enough things that kill you in this game, my base walls SHOULD NOT be one of them. This bug has been in for months and months and i am so sick of dying to it.

Please for the love of god, fix this bug!!

PS

The audio was removed as some of my friends were in a gun fight and were swearing their heads off, and i don't want a forum ban.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GeordieMarv said:

Sitting in my watchtower/base in DayZ 1.11.

Getting level 5 bleeding in a couple of seconds from my barbed-wire attached to the OUTSIDE of the fences.

I thought "Continued damage from a fireplace or barbed wire after moving away from it" was fixed in 1.11??

If you don't notice quickly enough that this has happened you bleed out in about a minute.

There are enough things that kill you in this game, my base walls SHOULD NOT be one of them. This bug has been in for months and months and i am so sick of dying to it.

Please for the love of god, fix this bug!!

PS

The audio was removed as some of my friends were in a gun fight and were swearing their heads off, and i don't want a forum ban.

yea thats really disappointing. this was one of the fixes I was looking forward to in 1.11 guess I'll not be building much of a base at all now. how many times has this happened to you since 1.11? 

Did you all got that mail from Bohemia just now? You know that one wherein they boost their big update?! Lmao. 

Big increase in players? Well yeah everyone wanted to see if they finally delivered, we all now know they didn't. 😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

yea thats really disappointing. this was one of the fixes I was looking forward to in 1.11 guess I'll not be building much of a base at all now. how many times has this happened to you since 1.11? 

This has been going on for so long, i think most of us were looking forward to this fix. It's pretty evident it's not fixed at all. Extremely disappointing!

It's happened only once so far, but to be fair i haven't had barbed-wire attached to my fences for long, so i'm pretty sure it's going to happen again.

Edited by GeordieMarv
typo

3 hours ago, GeordieMarv said:

This has been going on for so long, i think most of us were looking forward to this fix. It's pretty evident it's not fixed at all. Extremely disappointing!

It's happened only once so far, but to be fair i haven't had barbed-wire attached to my fences for long, so i'm pretty sure it's going to happen again.

hmm ill have to do a proper analysis on it tonight and see what's happening. I'll try on console.

On 2/19/2021 at 5:17 PM, McWendy said:

Did you all got that mail from Bohemia just now? You know that one wherein they boost their big update?! Lmao. 

Big increase in players? Well yeah everyone wanted to see if they finally delivered, we all now know they didn't. 😂

Yeah celebrating a list of more or less minor bugfixes as if they had newly invented the wheel...the whole gameplay loops have to be overhauled, ballanced and polished bitterly...from the ridiculous starter gear...nutrition, hydration and deseases...to the horrible endgame mechanics ( vehicles and basebuilding)  just to name a few. Honestly they actually should overhaul the game as a whole and try to get the different mechnics work together and to make sense...

What sense does it make to have dehydration, contaminated watersources , deseases and stuff to counter it like water cleaning tabs when there is no need to drink water at all because you could keep your hydration level perfectly fine by eating fruits and mushrooms.....

The point is, that if you are new to DayZ it feels like a tough and hard suvival experience while it is nothing else than broken and unballanced mechanics on the one side and finding exploits to counter them on the other....

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Derleth said:

Aye, especially since those 2/3 were (by the sound of it at least) essentially the people working on the engine... So the current DayZ team basically needs to wait for the Enfusion team to fix engine related stuff and then somehow apply that to the DayZ hybrid solution. I'm no tech guy, but building a game with one foot in one engine and one in another sounds like a recipe for just the kind issues we are seeing.

This is why I truly miss some kind of newsletter/dev talk like the old Status Reports during early access. Having actual "status reports" for post release development would be kind of awkward, but a newsletter talking about what is happening with current development, plans for the future and specific issues would be very welcome indeed. It doesn't have to be detailed roadmaps with dates and content goals (this has come back to bite them in the arse in the past as we all know...), but something would be better than nothing. Some players will always read "we are working on a fix for problem X" as "we are releasing a fix for problem X very soon" and then get pissed off when it doesn't come in a week, that is no reason to offer exactly 0 information about anything at all, drop updates basically out of the blue and simply refuse to discuss certain issues that the community regards as critical.

They said before the end of 2020 there would be some kind of roadmap for 2021, now we are nearly 1/6 of the year and one update into 2021 - and still no roadmap. This is something that annoys people - no communication is bad communication, essentially. And screenshot competitions don't count.

Yeah, and according to a former project lead, the rug was pretty much pulled out from under them regarding the Enfusion work. DayZ didn't even get the full Enfusion. A lot of decisions made outside of the Dev Team's control. 

Agree with all of this though; I miss the SRs and drip feed of communication. I'd love more tangible insight into what problems they are seeing and what work is being done to address it. I understand wanting to "under promise, over deliver" but insight is nice. 

9 hours ago, Private Evans said:

There were proper working cars, bikes, quads, bicycles, dirtbikes, tanks, planes, helicopters and boats in Arma Cold War Assault ( 2001) , Arma Armed Assault (2006), Arma 2 (2009) and Arma 3 (2013) 

20 years after they released their first proper game including working vehicles, after DayZ being worked on now since nearly 10 years and after Dayz being released and sold as a final and finished product since 2 years now it is behind me how someone still can defend this. 

Oh I'm not defending it. I understand there are internal and valid reasons why cars are a problem, and I think a lot of DayZ's problem essentially boil to down BI  not wanting to invest properly into the Dev Team and the work they need to get things done. None of this makes some of the game's problems any less frustrating, but I do think it's still in a better state than it has ever been, despite what the 0.62 purists will tell you. I also tend to speak from the place of there being a clear difference between The Dev Team, and the people signing their checks. Doesn't excuse a lot of DayZ's problems, but I can forgive a lot of them.

My point was mainly that comparing GTA's Development to DayZ's is just...really, really, really, foolish and silly. It's not even the same level. 

• Like 2

There is a reason all the original devs ( and the second and third wave) all bailed on this game and studio.

@thepoey im a 0.62 purist then. Purely for the fact that it had, and as any survival game should have, a friggin bow. 

12 hours ago, amadieus said:

well i'm happy to inform you that DayZ Expansion mod is working on Client Side vehicles.. i don't know more then that...

21 hours ago, mobbie said:

rx 6800xt smashes the 2080ti and keeps up with 3090.

But the software and inferior raytracing perfomance and lack of DLSS and other cool RTX features like RTX voice or green screen is not worth it tho... with Nvidia you still have stable drivers that work... that's why i am not sure about upgrading to RX 570... costs same as my GTX 1050 but way better perfomance... but the drivers are scary... more likely to cause issues and stuff... not to mention the other software stuff like recording a video and instant replay

but ok do what you want... your choice