lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.11

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

But the software and inferior raytracing perfomance and lack of DLSS and other cool RTX features like RTX voice or green screen is not worth it tho... with Nvidia you still have stable drivers that work... that's why i am not sure about upgrading to RX 570... costs same as my GTX 1050 but way better perfomance... but the drivers are scary... more likely to cause issues and stuff... not to mention the other software stuff like recording a video and instant replay

but ok do what you want... your choice

with your HW knowledge you shouldn’t be using anything more powerful then UHD 630, its 2021, there are no driver issues on NVIDIA or AMD side unless you are a total piece of antitech(in which case you shouldn’t even look inside your case/make changes to your pc in any way), AMD version of shadowplay(Re-live) actually works better and have more features than shadowplay

3 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

well i'm happy to inform you that DayZ Expansion mod is working on Client Side vehicles.. i don't know more then that...

Pretty sure they have said it has been incredibly difficult 

About the 0.62 purists ...of course you are right regarding framerates, overall stability and especially animations, the game runs and feels much smoother and more fluid,  the map looks better than ever...we've got modding support and last not least I guess the largest amount of infected since the very start of the SA,

BUT ! Contenwise and much more important regarding gameplay mechanics and ballancing I absolutely prefer the pre Enfusion versions. If I could I would immediately swap better frames and animations for all the things they had shown us back then like contaminated areas, barricading, bicycles, the Little Bird or the Duster Plane..

I am absolutely convinced that if  Brian Hicks had continued his work on DayZ without a complete change to Enfusion we would have got a much better game years ago, a game more adult and much closer to Dean Halls original vision....maybe a bit clunky and glitchy...but FUN

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

So I decided to be a bit of dick recently, stick to the town as a freshie and fool around. One of those tomfooleries being creating a nice infected aggro train. I know this is not a new discovery but I can only reiterate how silly it is that the infected absolutely disregard anything else once aggroed. When I met another player they could kill all infected chasing me in comfort because they would not fight back or anyway react to others, just chase me. 

Also, most of the time on a high pop - full server, infected would still be completely glitched out and stuck in place, stuck in scenery etc.. 

Also also, CLE totally sucks, no loot anywhere with such amount of players. People who claim how there is too much loot, just got somewhere first. I could not even get rocks to spawn on a trail, so I could make at least an improvised knife. As much as I love the new timers, it also means that starting fresh is basically a game of chance. Yes it's not survival it's a roulette. But the difficulty curve should go up when you leave civilization not the other way around. 

Reshade doesn't work with Dayz anymore right? It works for me in offline mode but as soon as I want to join a server it crashes.

uaFUW6H.png

that's odd too because nvidias new effect thing works. granted it's more restrictive but still

Edited by Buakaw

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

So I decided to be a bit of dick recently, stick to the town as a freshie and fool around. One of those tomfooleries being creating a nice infected aggro train. I know this is not a new discovery but I can only reiterate how silly it is that the infected absolutely disregard anything else once aggroed. When I met another player they could kill all infected chasing me in comfort because they would not fight back or anyway react to others, just chase me. 

Appearently this mechanic can also not be made right. 

Before if you sneaked around a town and another player aggroed a infected they could easily be coming your way aswell. That's also not right....

Infected should take over aggro to the nearest player (who is not sneaking) 

31 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Appearently this mechanic can also not be made right. 

Before if you sneaked around a town and another player aggroed a infected they could easily be coming your way aswell. That's also not right....

Infected should take over aggro to the nearest player (who is not sneaking) 

I would expect at least bunch of them would. But yes, they used to switch targets, reminds me of a situation when my friend and I were in two houses across the street and the infected would run over to the one who shot so they ended up running back and forth. That was quite funny 😄 but also could be seriously used as a tactic. Now they just run after one target and don't get distracted. 

@lynn.zaw @ImpulZ

Could you explain the reasoning behind why the newest versions of Reshade are blocked, but not older ones?
I understand this is a developer decision as Battle Eye doesn't normally block them.

edit: apparently the newer Reshade versions even work in Arma 2 and 3, but not in Dayz for some unknown reason.

Edited by Buakaw

By the way, as predicted the battery drain feature of car batteries has brought nothing but frustration. I simply can't believe the feature was implemented in this form - if the engine can't charge the battery then by the gods neither should it drain it!

Anyway, modding community stepped up of course to make the feature what it should have been:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2403496172

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

On 2/20/2021 at 11:16 AM, Private Evans said:

About the 0.62 purists ...of course you are right regarding framerates, overall stability and especially animations, the game runs and feels much smoother and more fluid,  the map looks better than ever...we've got modding support and last not least I guess the largest amount of infected since the very start of the SA,

BUT ! Contenwise and much more important regarding gameplay mechanics and ballancing I absolutely prefer the pre Enfusion versions. If I could I would immediately swap better frames and animations for all the things they had shown us back then like contaminated areas, barricading, bicycles, the Little Bird or the Duster Plane..

I am absolutely convinced that if  Brian Hicks had continued his work on DayZ without a complete change to Enfusion we would have got a much better game years ago, a game more adult and much closer to Dean Halls original vision....maybe a bit clunky and glitchy...but FUN

Besides some guns and a handful of vehicles, Enfusion dayz is nearly back to 0.62 + plus some things we've never seen before. It would be great to see vanilla air drops or AI events like the survivor missions mod but i dont think its going to happen, it will be left to mods - that being said the real content of this game is the player interactions/pvp, everything else just facilitates that and to playstyle.

Edited by The Apocalex

On 2/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, Private Evans said:

You are not telling me that the broken nutrition system has been made worse ??? A few days ago I gave DayZ another try ( just to clearyfy I am playing vanilla and on public servers only). I started on a low pop Uk server...on my first run I was killed after maybe 10 to 15 minutes from the first two players I ran into, maybe even the only other players on the whole fucking server.

Looking obviously like a fresh spawn and being unarmed the killed me on sight without even trying to communicate...well ok this DayZ 😕 My second run was about one and half hour before I died of as it seemed a mix out of starvation and a cold ?

Allthough I completely had changed my clothes to dry ones after being soaked at the beginning. New dry jeans, a dry police jacket, a beanie, an anti stab vest, working gloves and boots...and even using a heat pack and eating vitamin pills like crazy.....

I also had tons of apples, pears, mushrooms, plums and if I remember correctly 2 or 3 cans of sardines or tuna.....and I died ..what the fuck...and during all of that time I did not drink a tiny drop of water ...my hydration being white nearly all the time, dropping to yellow only twice..

Honestly this is anything but fun and at the same time anything but realistic. This game still has a lot to offer...but everything that could be fun, like looting appartment blocks, avoiding zombies or investigating gun shots in the distance etc. is being killed by this ridicolus hunt for nutrition.

This is not harsh or unforgiven...this is simply very very bad gameplay 😞 

And then when you finally made it far inland ...being well geared and well fed, you can play for hours without thinking of food...what always is ending in getting bored and being killed in PVP because there is no endgame other than broken vehicles and this pain in the arse basebuilding system.

And why is it just me and my friends making the same experience again and again and again when giving this game a new try....because most people are playing on modded servers or are more or less new to the game, simply thinking that all this failing is because of the games unforgiven nature, while it is because of its shitty game mechanics and gameplay.....

some months ago I wrote this 

Since I found most people not really understanding what I am talking about I made 3 test runs tonight that should cleary prove that dehydration and starvation completely works the wrong way and quiet the contrary to how it is in RL and how it should work ingame too.

1. test : vanilla server, usual starter gear, lying on the grass at the coast and not moving at all , no eating and no drinking

nutrition icon (apple) went down to yellow, red and then flashing until I died of starvation after around 30 minutes while the hydration icon (bottle) remained white until the end

2. test: vanilla server, usual starter gear, constantly jogging with no break, no eating and no drinking

hydration icon went to yellow first, shortly followed by the nutrition icon, then the nutrition icon went red, then flashing..till I died of starvation after around 25 minutes with the hydration icon still being yellow 

3. test : vanilla server, usual starter gear, constantly pressing the sprint button ( sprinting and jogging) without a break, no eating, no drinking

hydration icon went yellow first, then the nutrition icon went yellow also, then red and then began flashing, after it was empty flashing for a while the hydration icon went red also, seconds later I died of starvation after around 15 minutes with the hydration icon being red but not empty or flashing.

This clearly shows that the nutrition level drops much too fast compared to the hydration level. It should be exactly the other way round. Having then fruits and vegetables etc give you such a big hydration boost (which is realistic) would then also make much more sense then now. 

As I said this is not game breaking but under bad conditions like high populated servers, a bad spawn point, a lot of hoarded food etc, it is no fun especially if you do not have that much time to play or if you are a new player.  Last but not least, compared to how easy the endgame is once you are well fed and have found some decent gear it would be not a bad idea anyway to reduce the pace at the start  and to add some more difficulty to the endgame beside PVP....

WAAAH WAAAH BABY WANT FOOD... get good cmon

• Sad 1

On 2/20/2021 at 3:39 AM, TheSzepy said:

with your HW knowledge you shouldn’t be using anything more powerful then UHD 630, its 2021, there are no driver issues on NVIDIA or AMD side unless you are a total piece of antitech(in which case you shouldn’t even look inside your case/make changes to your pc in any way), AMD version of shadowplay(Re-live) actually works better and have more features than shadowplay

it's actually reverse... you don't know nothing... and especially about drivers that AMD has... they work but what about blackscreen issues that AMD cards have? it's pretty random... for some it happens... for some it doesn't... you're living under a rock 
and i would have you know i built my own PC... put it together all by myself... i know my shit so please go be obnoxious somewhere else

49 minutes ago, The Apocalex said:

WAAAH WAAAH BABY WANT FOOD... get good cmon

You obviously didn't Read anything and are now in fact that so called baby. Good job! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

it's actually reverse... you don't know nothing... and especially about drivers that AMD has... they work but what about blackscreen issues that AMD cards have? it's pretty random... for some it happens... for some it doesn't... you're living under a rock 
and i would have you know i built my own PC... put it together all by myself... i know my shit so please go be obnoxious somewhere else

I’ve built more then 70 different PCs in the last year(it’s what i do for a living), different combinations of components, all features tested and yes, there are no driver issues on AMD side or NVIDIA unless you get a faulty card from manufacturing but sure, i guess you have bigger sample "batch".

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 3:36 PM, GeordieMarv said:

Sitting in my watchtower/base in DayZ 1.11.

Getting level 5 bleeding in a couple of seconds from my barbed-wire attached to the OUTSIDE of the fences.

I thought "Continued damage from a fireplace or barbed wire after moving away from it" was fixed in 1.11??

If you don't notice quickly enough that this has happened you bleed out in about a minute.

There are enough things that kill you in this game, my base walls SHOULD NOT be one of them. This bug has been in for months and months and i am so sick of dying to it.

Please for the love of god, fix this bug!!

PS

The audio was removed as some of my friends were in a gun fight and were swearing their heads off, and i don't want a forum ban.

It would appear that the taking damage from fireplace when moving away from it bug is also still not fixed either!
Notice i go from lvl 0 to lvl 5 bleeding in seconds as i move away from the fire before it is even burning properly. I then go from lvl 5 to lvl 7 bleeding as i move even further away. What was even more annoying is that i apparently couldn't bandage myself with either a bandage or a sewing kit??? So i was doomed to die.

So as far as 'Continued damage from a fireplace or barbed wire after moving away from it' being fixed is concerned, i appear to have 2 videos that show it's still happening on 1.11 on PC. This is also on a community server and not an official, but i doubt that would make any difference to this still happening?

11 hours ago, GeordieMarv said:

It would appear that the taking damage from fireplace when moving away from it bug is also still not fixed either!
Notice i go from lvl 0 to lvl 5 bleeding in seconds as i move away from the fire before it is even burning properly. I then go from lvl 5 to lvl 7 bleeding as i move even further away. What was even more annoying is that i apparently couldn't bandage myself with either a bandage or a sewing kit??? So i was doomed to die.

So as far as 'Continued damage from a fireplace or barbed wire after moving away from it' being fixed is concerned, i appear to have 2 videos that show it's still happening on 1.11 on PC. This is also on a community server and not an official, but i doubt that would make any difference to this still happening?

Since both barbed wire and fire causing repeated damage are desync related, they can probably not be completely eliminated before desync itself has been completely eliminated. Looks like they fixed one or more ways it can happen around fires/barbed wire - but not all.

That said, I have never had it happen with fire, and the barbed wire thing has not happened in 3-4 patches or so. So they're getting there, but as with everything else weird around the game I would guess the busier and more strained the server, the greater the risk of it happening.

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

Since both barbed wire and fire causing repeated damage are desync related, they can probably not be completely eliminated before desync itself has been completely eliminated. Looks like they fixed one or more ways it can happen around fires/barbed wire - but not all.

That said, I have never had it happen with fire, and the barbed wire thing has not happened in 3-4 patches or so. So they're getting there, but as with everything else weird around the game I would guess the busier and more strained the server, the greater the risk of it happening.

Thanks for the info.
If this is truly related to desync then i fear it will never be fixed, as we all know how terrible the lag/desync in this game is.

7 hours ago, Derleth said:

I think the fireplace bug only started to happen with 1.10 right? At least I experienced it three times during 1.10. Thankfully not so far with 1.11. Should be fixable if this bug only recently appeared. But yeah, sad to see that it is still not 100% fixed.

• Like 1

First of all I'm sorry to post my/our (console) issues in the "master race" section of the game but I don't know if any of the DayZ Team is actually reading the console section in this forum. So please bear with me...

Anyway this so called "Stability Update" is a mess on console (imo)... Some of the patch notes and fixes are great and much appreciated but the devs still haven't fixed or at least improved server performance, cars, Item/Inventory desync and general performance issues. I'm running DayZ on my Series X and Chenarus @1080/1440p runs mostly fine but in 4k and Livonia (in general) runs "very very bad" performance wise!!

Then some of the old bugs where introduced with this update (e.g. you can't loot items from zeds straight away and most of the times you can't loot guns of players back by pressing the action or equip button). For those 2 problems there are workarounds but I wonder how you guys (BI) can call this update a "stability" one when it reintroduced old bugs and doesn't do "anything for the general stability in the game except the wipe of official servers because of the (still ongoing) massive duping issue (which btw still hasn't been fixed!!!)...

😣

@Devs

Please fix/improve DayZ for us console players by at least fixing "some" of the most annoying console related problems (e.g.):

1. Add/Tweak Sensitivity options (at least fix the iron sight/scope sensitivity issue)!!!

2. Give Community Server admins access to init.c (they pay alot for their servers and deserve to get access to init.c)

3. Add/introduce the "double tap to always talk option" on Xbox so we don't need to hold down the damn push to talk button the whole time when talking to other survivors (please do it like with the Playstation version where you are able to double tap the voice button to enable "always talk")

So I'm not even asking/begging you here to fix cars or suddenly major improve the performance (issues) on old + weak hardware (PS4/Xbox One) but at least work and announce a next-gen console version of DayZ that make use of the up-to-date/potent hardware of the Xbox Series X and PS5. Oh and please fix/optimize the server side/performance of your game once you on it, please hire someone to work/fix the server performance/fps issues.

I've sold my PS5 so I can't judge DayZ on PS5 anymore but when I've played it the last time on PS5 it was still "30fps" which imo is a real shame and very frustrating for every PS5 player.

Anyway please keep up the work devs and please don't forget about us console players! I would highly suggest that you devs actually play DayZ on console for a couple of hours "as a normal survivor" and see for yourself how frustrating these console issues can be...

Thanks for your time and effort! ❤️

On 2/22/2021 at 7:53 PM, TheSzepy said:

I’ve built more then 70 different PCs in the last year(it’s what i do for a living), different combinations of components, all features tested and yes, there are no driver issues on AMD side or NVIDIA unless you get a faulty card from manufacturing but sure, i guess you have bigger sample "batch".

i don't build PC's like you but i know my shit... and AMD drivers can be bad... sometimes stable... some times bad... meanwhile Nvidia is mostly stable and rare to have a bad driver... 
you can look everywhere on the internet... there's plenty of evidence that AMD's drivers cause issues and Big Tech Youtubers like Linus covered this... it's not just me here... 
Also AMD's drivers make the card run better in the long run... they improve perfomance... but Nvidia is slowing down the cards over time... it's proven and a fact... but AMD has a lot more bad drivers that mess something up.. it usually happens when the card has just launched and stays for some time from what i seen

On 2/24/2021 at 2:47 PM, amadieus said:

I think the fireplace bug only started to happen with 1.10 right? At least I experienced it three times during 1.10. Thankfully not so far with 1.11. Should be fixable if this bug only recently appeared. But yeah, sad to see that it is still not 100% fixed.

Yeah. My thoughts too. People say this is due to lag, but i've literally just had it happen again on a server with 5 people on it.
No lag, as you can generally tell when the server is lagging/desyncing due to zombie behaviour (they're either rooted to the spot, or chase you all of 5m and stop). This zombie behaviour could be pathfinding in general though and not all down to lag/desync.

I'm just not convinced the barbed-wire and fireplace bugs are entirely down to lag. 

Same as usual. You get excited about a new patch and its still the same, buggy and not worth playing. Certainly the cars. Hours of work and the car hits an imaginary object that ruins everything. You say to your self well maybe its just a one-off. You spend more hours finding all the parts to rebuild said car, jump in and the car flips upside down and kills you ruining the car again.... Twice....

Game is still broken. Waste of time.

44 minutes ago, Dwardo Rodregez said:

Same as usual. You get excited about a new patch and its still the same, buggy and not worth playing. Certainly the cars. Hours of work and the car hits an imaginary object that ruins everything. You say to your self well maybe its just a one-off. You spend more hours finding all the parts to rebuild said car, jump in and the car flips upside down and kills you ruining the car again.... Twice....

Game is still broken. Waste of time.

Would you like to help with development? 🙂

Edited by Masgel
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry I didn't realize this was a non-profit community development scheme? Oh no wait it isn't its a game I purchased from a company that makes millions every year from selling products that are not fit for purpose....

• Thanks 1