lynn.zaw

Stable Update 1.11

2 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Still, most people just preffer PvP only, just check any newer YT video. Maybe it always was like this, I don't know. Maybe I'm just rambling nonsense.

Unfortunately it is true. I personally despise easy loot pew pew servers ... just look at this:

disgusting.jpg

... it's disgusting.

• Like 6

The game died with Brian Hicks being gone....me and my friends are still talking about all the epic and cool and funny adventures and stories we had in dayZ...but all of these stories happened long before version. 1.0 the most even when playing the mod and not only that, the playerbase and community has changend nearly completely too...and not to the better....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Unfortunately it is true. I personally despise easy loot pew pew servers ... just look at this:

disgusting.jpg

... it's disgusting.

But...but...inerrrrractionnnsssss!

I will never set foot on one of those servers, but neither am I about to tell all the people playing on them that they're playing it "wrong". They just enjoy a completely different game than I do. 

I mean let's just face fact, the core base of players who want the kind of punishing, hardcore survival game that Dean envisioned* is much smaller than the bulk of players who enjoy the above type of servers. That's just how it is.

However there are quite a few really well crafted servers out there that focus on survival - they just don't attract as many players. Typically just a handful of die-hards. Also something that annoys me is when players will say "I would wanna play hardcore, but I want high pop waa waa" so they hop on the pewpew servers... So the survival servers stay low pop. I know this is not the place for server adverts, but I'm pretty damn pleased with how my own servers have turned out - except for being sparsely populated. Anyone is welcome at anytime.

*) Also, often guys praising "the mod" turn out to be praising epoch or some other mod of the mod..

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

I will never set foot on one of those servers, but neither am I about to tell all the people playing on them that they're playing it "wrong". They just enjoy a completely different game than I do. 

I'm just amazed that someone makes this much effort to turn DayZ into a DM shooter when I think that many better alternatives exists.

What makes DayZ attractive to people I would think should play Battlefield or CoD instead?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

I'm just amazed that someone makes this much effort to turn DayZ into a DM shooter when I think that many better alternatives exists.

What makes DayZ attractive to people I would think should play Battlefield or CoD instead?

Yeah, well. I guess what they want is basically a more free roaming pubg, Pubg has that stupid battleroyale shrinking storm, if it had a sandbox mode perhaps these servers would be smaller...

Edited by Derleth

7 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Yeah, well. I guess what they want is basically a more free roaming pubg, Pubg has that stupid battleroyale shrinking storm, if it had a sandbox mode perhaps these servers would be smaller...

Yeah but at the same time the free roaming is "how to get to NWA and be geared in 30 minutes" 😄 anyway, point taken still I would expect more Arma for that? But maybe DayZ is more accessible or something ... 

7 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Yeah but at the same time the free roaming is "how to get to NWA and be geared in 30 minutes" 😄 anyway, point taken still I would expect more Arma for that? But maybe DayZ is more accessible or something ... 

Arma3 is extremely dated when it comes to inventory, character controller, movement and animations. It is just so hopelessly clunky compared to DayZ. Now if and when Arma4 comes along with all the improvements the DayZ standalone have brought - but with all the flexibility of Arma - goddam. That's a game I look forward to...

• Beans 3

Изменения и дополнения конечно хорошо, но пожалуйста не надо спешить выкладывать сырые обновления, протестируйте получше...