ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

Anyone else got sick very fast and is unhealable?
I´ve been running around the past 3 weeks with 4 chars. Each of them got sick after a little while and i wasn´t able to cure any single one of them.
I have not eaten anything raw/with dirty hands. I have tried 48 pills of tetracycline, 30 Codeine and 24 charcoal pills. The last char is alive, but i cannot get his food/water levels beyond 3/4 of max, no matter how much chickens/sheep i eat. If i eat or drink too much or too fast (...), he eventually pukes...?! Anyone else got that? Havn´t had this on stable...There´s also no known sickness that matches these symptoms.. 😕

Edited by Wedg3

They have changed the energy meter to actually be proportional to your energy level, so it won't get full white until you're getting close to the ceiling (which has been lowered, previously it was 20,000 but now it's considerably lower, not checked the exact number yet). Also your stomach will get full much quicker when eating steaks, so if you binge like in 1.09 you'll puke.

• Like 1

Thanks for the infos, that´s helpful.

Ok, so it may be cholera - i have been running through chernarus since last tuesday, every day for 2-3 hours, so in total now 8 days - since then i took 4 packs (48 single) Tetracycline pills - and i am stil sick - i just guess the "healing" mechanics should maybe be looked into a bit more..

On 11/13/2020 at 5:55 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

You're funny.

I saw this, and was so happy to see it happen to the Head of Development on DayZ, and it's been nothing but crickets since.  It is beyond rational thinking how any developer could experience this and not think, we gotta get a handle on this!  But nope, if it something that makes sense, then BI runs the other direction.

I'm not angry.... I'm extremely disappointed at the continual piss poor decisions made by the team making this game.  It was comical at one point, now it's just depressing. 1.10 ... whoopee, I guess.

You're not.

55 minutes ago, The Apocalex said:

Was there a patch yday, cant see it in the changelog

no, last update was the 12th

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

no, last update was the 12th

hmm means that they either skipped a day as its always tue and thu or 1.10 is about to drop

Edited by The Apocalex

Cooking pot gas disappearing from The inventory and it just the sas stov left when they are combined. Anyone else have this problem?

Hello. Logistics of customer communication and studio development is broken. When will the logistics repair in the studio take place? Bad Stable Updates - where stability is not in the right place. Why are tickets created on the Day's Feedback tracker? Tickets with problems there more than 2.5 years, do not get work on problems. Updates on the pilot get feedback about the problem, but it doesn't work. It was also on Armagh3, tickets about the problem get stuck for a long time - then we are told that it is too late that it would fix no resources, as the main group of developers is working on a new Infusion. Now there are a lot of problems in Day 1.00 -1.10, and we are told that the main development team is now working on the new Arma4. We have broken games Arma3 2.0 and Day 1.10, without the right to get repairs in the right place and at the right time. Day's 1.00 has a big problem desynchronizing the client-server-client in all aspects of the interaction in the game, but the technical support does not answer anything about these problems. Why are players silently waiting to address the performance issue of Day's servers?

The official north can not provide different scenarios for players? Why, in some scenario questions always offer mods server, and in matters of performance offer not to play on the mods server? The circle of choice closes, as the player everywhere can suddenly get a negative experience. Negative experience is often associated with problems of the game. The player spends hours developing the experience of the character, for example, got into the car, and died within 5-10 minutes, as the car was thrown for 100 meters, hit and crashed.
I hope for your understanding. Sorry for my Google translation.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:45 PM, Snake14180 said:

Cooking pot gas disappearing from The inventory and it just the sas stov left when they are combined. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah its been reported loads. Ive now lost 2 large gas canisters in the repeat when i logged out/ in again. I went from great shape to on the brink. All my food was in that cooking

Ok, so it may be cholera - i have been running through chernarus since last tuesday, every day for 2-3 hours, so in total now 8 days - since then i took 4 packs (48 single) Tetracycline pills - and i am stil sick - i just guess the "healing" mechanics should maybe be looked into a bit more..

Is it possible you were re-infecting yourself with your hands, canteen, water bottle?

New experimental build about to go live. Devs want playtesting to concentrate on DayZ EU - UK 0-3 (Experimental/Unstable) 78.129.165.73:2502 for profiling of server performance.

Good opportunity to hop on there and make the server really struggle, and help devs get data on server performance problems.

UPDATE 1.10.153593 (released on 26.11.2020)

FIXED

• A server crash related to actions
  • Attachments of the Gas Stove were disappearing upon reconnect
  • In specific cases, the character could not regain the ability to jump and sprint after healing a broken leg
  • Issues with the unconsciousness state when falling on steep terrain
  • Damaged M3S truck wheels were indistinguishable from the pristine variant
  • Occasional graphical glitch that appeared when interacting with the M3S truck side plates
  • Glass in the windows of the M3S truck turned into pristine state after destroying
  • The Fire Barrel could not be attached to the barrel slots to the M3S truck
  • Empty gaps and ghost inventory slots when attaching a barrel or crate to the M3S truck
  • It was not possible to stop the car engine in specific cases
  • The engine damage point from water level on the M3S engine was too low, causing the vehicle to be damaged in more cases than it should be
  • An occasional issue where the screen could get darker after respawning
  • The player was able to deploy some items on sea water at certain places
  • Temperature on food was fluctuating when cooked on direct cooking slots
  • An exploit for fast cooking, using smoking slots
  • Broken reflectors on the Sarka 120 did not change their texture properly
  • The radiator of the Sarka 120 could not be seen unless you opened the trunk of the car
  • Liquid could be poured or drained to/from closed barrels
  • The actions for draining and pouring liquids could not be switched while in prone
  • It was possible to build the territory flag pole with 3 long wooden sticks

CHANGED

• Improved server performance by optimizing the variable synchronization
  • Improved server performance by optimizing the OnCEUpdate call on each item
  • Wetness of an item no longer affects its weight
  • Improved the off-road performance of the ADA 4x4
  • Lowered the transfer of damage from reflectors to the surrounding zones on the Sarka 120
  • The player should not look at the car to be able to stop the engine

MODDING

• Added: CanHaveTemperature to enable an item in the world to cool down
  • Added: CanHaveWetness to enable an item in the world to dry
  • Fixed: Client crash when parsing an invalid JSON file (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155225)
  • Changed: ProcessItemWetnessAndTemperature split into ProcessItemTemperature and ProcessItemWetness
  • Changed: WorldWetTempUpdate and FoodDecay can now be enabled and disabled separately (db/globals.xml)

KNOWN ISSUES

• Items wont get wet during rain
  • Like 3

Based on initial Feedback a quick note on

38 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

Wetness of an item no longer affects its weight 

This was a very performance-heavy function, and removing it was part of our approach to improve the server performance fast with the least impact on survival gameplay. We will consider bringing it back once we have a better implementation in mind.

38 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

UPDATE 1.10.153593 (released on 26.11.2020)

FIXED

• A server crash related to actions
  • Attachments of the Gas Stove were disappearing upon reconnect
  • In specific cases, the character could not regain the ability to jump and sprint after healing a broken leg
  • Issues with the unconsciousness state when falling on steep terrain
  • Damaged M3S truck wheels were indistinguishable from the pristine variant
  • Occasional graphical glitch that appeared when interacting with the M3S truck side plates
  • Glass in the windows of the M3S truck turned into pristine state after destroying
  • The Fire Barrel could not be attached to the barrel slots to the M3S truck
  • Empty gaps and ghost inventory slots when attaching a barrel or crate to the M3S truck
  • It was not possible to stop the car engine in specific cases
  • The engine damage point from water level on the M3S engine was too low, causing the vehicle to be damaged in more cases than it should be
  • An occasional issue where the screen could get darker after respawning
  • The player was able to deploy some items on sea water at certain places
  • Temperature on food was fluctuating when cooked on direct cooking slots
  • An exploit for fast cooking, using smoking slots
  • Broken reflectors on the Sarka 120 did not change their texture properly
  • The radiator of the Sarka 120 could not be seen unless you opened the trunk of the car
  • Liquid could be poured or drained to/from closed barrels
  • The actions for draining and pouring liquids could not be switched while in prone
  • It was possible to build the territory flag pole with 3 long wooden sticks

CHANGED

• Improved server performance by optimizing the variable synchronization
  • Improved server performance by optimizing the OnCEUpdate call on each item
  • Wetness of an item no longer affects its weight
  • Improved the off-road performance of the ADA 4x4
  • Lowered the transfer of damage from reflectors to the surrounding zones on the Sarka 120
  • The player should not look at the car to be able to stop the engine

MODDING

• Added: CanHaveTemperature to enable an item in the world to cool down
  • Added: CanHaveWetness to enable an item in the world to dry
  • Fixed: Client crash when parsing an invalid JSON file (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155225)
  • Changed: ProcessItemWetnessAndTemperature split into ProcessItemTemperature and ProcessItemWetness
  • Changed: WorldWetTempUpdate and FoodDecay can now be enabled and disabled separately (db/globals.xml)

KNOWN ISSUES

• Items wont get wet during rain

Wait wait wait... items should get heavier as they get wet. Unless there is some reason for testing purposes instead of just gutting that.... items definitely get heavier as they get soaked. That makes total sense to me.

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

Wetness of an item no longer affects its weight 

This was a very performance-heavy function, and removing it was part of our approach to improve the server performance fast with the least impact on survival gameplay. We will consider bringing it back once we have a better implementation in mind.

discipled  I take it that you didn't read this post?

or didn't understand it.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

I suspected that was the reason, I guess moving the calculation to the client should be the way to do it. Opens up a small window for hackers to cheat stamina calculation, but that's a sacrifice I believe we are all willing to make if it keeps vehicles on the ground where they belong... 😉

Edited by Derleth

Thats some amazing news, but why experimental branch and not straight stable?
 Because right now due performance issues stable is unplayble.
 I don't think it can become more broken.... And i certanly don't wanna wait yet another week to play

• Beans 1

Improvised shelters loose the cargoinvenotory after server restart, all loot dropped on ground!

Shelters cant be used anymore!

Shelters cant be packed!

• Like 1

I have a question for dev team. Why do you wanna keep so many empty barely low player base servers instead having fewer but more populated servers with better machines ? I think it is a win win you only keep few servers and with the money you save you upgrade your servers. Better quality and more full servers.

Edited by gandhi's flip flop
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cj187_berlin said:

Abrigos improvisados perdem o depósito de carga após a reinicialização do servidor, todos os saques caem no chão!

Abrigos não podem ser usados mais!

Os abrigos não podem ser embalados!

very good!

Just now, gandhi's flip flop said:

Eu tenho uma pergunta para a equipe de desenvolvimento. Por que você quer manter tantos servidores de base de jogadores vazios e com poucos jogadores em vez de ter menos servidores, mas mais populosos, com máquinas melhores? Eu acho que é uma vitória ganhar você mantém apenas alguns servidores e com o dinheiro que você economiza atualiza seus servidores. Melhor qualidade e servidores mais completos.

In Brazil we have 3 servers, 1 in the first person and two in the third person (but none for the consoles), the 3 are always full and with long lines to enter and only open vacancies thanks to the fact that we are expelled from nothing all the time ( an extremely annoying bug!), it would be nice to relocate some of the servers that are empty to places where there is really demand. There are countless empty servers in Europe and North America, but in South America there are only 3 Brazilian servers, I would prefer not to have the localized translation for br / pt, but more servers!

On 11/27/2020 at 12:03 AM, cj187_berlin said:

Improvised shelters loose the cargoinvenotory after server restart, all loot dropped on ground!

Shelters cant be used anymore!

Shelters cant be packed!

Any specific type of the improvised shelters? We were unable to reproduce this so far.

On 11/27/2020 at 1:46 AM, gandhi's flip flop said:

I have a question for dev team. Why do you wanna keep so many empty barely low player base servers instead having fewer but more populated servers with better machines ? I think it is a win win you only keep few servers and with the money you save you upgrade your servers. Better quality and more full servers.

We do this sometimes, but for now we do not want to do it too often, as it affects players who spend a long time building their bases or have communities on specific servers.

• Thanks 1