ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.10 (Changelog)

Hello all,

I think I found a bug!  Last night I had a tent in my hands, and I had planks attached to a wall I had built, and I had an option take planks in the hand. I  took the planks in my hand, and the tent disappeared  from my hands and was not anywhere !

Bring bycicles to the game, and please keep the EXP server online and don't wipe them ! I am playing on them 😉

52 minutes ago, dallebull said:

I gotta test on my server again then, when i tried they didn't react at all to smokes, but that's 1.09, and assumed that nothing changed since they haven't put anything in the patchnotes. 

They react to anything you throw basically, smoke a little more it seems. However it won't keep their interest for long, which makes sense.

Dear Devs, if you read this. Please make sure you fix all the new (old) desync bugs before you push it to stable. Right now on EXP you often have to reconnect, because you cannot take stuff in your hands, often you are fistfighting, but others see and hear you shooting, and so on.

So my mates and i play exp since a few days. And  there is the very annoying bug, that you cannot take anything in your hands and have to reconnect every now and then, very often it is desynced of what you see you are doing and others see and hear. Examples:

• i think i am fist fighting a zombie, but its not killing it, others see and hear me emptying a full clip of my UMP
  • i am shooting fx45, its constantly jammed, just click click. Others hear and see it shooting. (But no damage)
  • plenty of this issues.
  • Not connected with this, but also very annoying: You cannot respawn anymore when unconsious, because of a bug with the new respawn menu.
  • This were old issues and are mostly fixed in the current stable version. Please do not get them into stable again, but fix it first.
Edited by krazikilla
  • Beans 1

Also what do you all think of thunder (if close enough in proximity) triggering the 'search mode' in infected?  I thought it would be interesting if loud thunder bangs caused infected to start looking around.  

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, aaronlands said:

Also what do you all think of thunder (if close enough in proximity) triggering the 'search mode' in infected?  I thought it would be interesting if loud thunder bangs caused infected to start looking around.  

Don't they always look around? But I like that loud rain and thunder deafens them to your noise.

3 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Don't they always look around? But I like that loud rain and thunder deafens them to your noise.

I think there are three 'states': 1. wandering around, 2. investigating a sound or movement, and 3. chasing a target.  I am wondering if it would be good to have the thunder activate the infected into state 2.  

Also I really like that the rain and thunder affect their perception.  

I'm gonna sound sadistic when I say this, but I hope that for every "wEn rElEeS ????" question, the devs push the update a day further, just so they have more time to improve the game experience and piss off the kiddies just that little bit.

OT: I think the hand saw should be used to cut branches (sticks) off a tree, similarly to how you cut off bark with a knife.

Edited by Masgel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aaronlands said:

I think there are three 'states': 1. wandering around, 2. investigating a sound or movement, and 3. chasing a target.  I am wondering if it would be good to have the thunder activate the infected into state 2.  

Also I really like that the rain and thunder affect their perception.  

But that's kinda it, that the rain and thunder affect their perception and therefore they don't just run around. I think that there are already enough visual and auditory distractions for players that this would just not work. Normally if you see zeds running to some direction, they are chasing someone (or an unfortunate animal). 

2 hours ago, Griev said:

when will this move to live?

Same as always - when its done. And as soon as its done, someone will ask "when is the next release?"

• Like 1

dam sherlock why did I not think of that! such a helpful chap.

1 hour ago, Griev said:

dam sherlock why did I not think of that! such a helpful chap.

They never say a release date until the patch is considered release ready and it is announced, usually the same day. So it is pointless to ask.

The vehicles are working well. The priority is to eradicate the cheaters who are in incredible numbers on private servers. Only on WFR RU Vanilla EU, a server easily filled with 80% of players who cheat and who do not hide it, it's a festival ... Today this cheating problem must be treated first as the priority priorities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2020 at 2:01 PM, discipled said:

I highly disagree with you. Tools and knives should last short amount of time. I think that was their attempt at making the game hard because they reduced the respawn timers by a lot. It's a survival game and it should be a hard struggle. If every time you live from being a new spawn, what's the point? It makes the experience cheap. The PVE aspect should have a bit of anxiety and fear associated with it. The struggle should be just that, a struggle. I personally think that once you're very fed and hydrated it is too easy, but that's just me.

Absolutely not.
A game, any game, first of all must be realistic ... or at least "plausible", otherwise it becomes crap and does not allow you to identify with the character and the "story" and enjoy the game.
AFTER, but only after, you can accept "oddities" if these serve to "balance" aspects of the game that, just because it is only a game, could never be too realistic not to make the game too boring or banal.
I think of the zombies that are reborn after a while that a player has moved away: it is absurd and completely unreal ... in a "plausible" context the infected do not rain from the sky and not even reborn again "adults" ... but it's game, that's how you need it, those who arrive later must be able to find their "ration of infected", so it is right that they are reborn, but only after you have strayed very far and for a certain amount of time, not only if you go to some areas in a city, or go to a farm out of a country and back in the country... you work on balance time-distance for respawn.
But the mere fact of ruining objects in an exaggerated way beyond all logic just to make the game a little more difficult is pure and simple BS! it just makes that game more stupid and unreal. if anything, a possible "balance sheet" (if it were required) must be sought in another way. Rather by making knives and boots much rarer, and leaving only stone knives (which logically can have a limited lifespan) and trainers (as above) common.
The game as it is now is just that absurdly stupid.
And a piece of advice to those who seek only and exclusively the "game difficulty" whatever absurdity it involves: buy a Rubic's Cube, this is the right game for you, not an FPS of any kind.

Edited by Riddick_2K
  • Thanks 2

Even if i repeat myself.  Are DEVs reading here?  Please give us a sign.

There are a few quite gamebreaking desync bugs in the current EXP Versions.

"

So my mates and i play exp since a few days. And  there is the very annoying bug, that you cannot take anything in your hands and have to reconnect every now and then, very often it is desynced of what you see you are doing and others see and hear. Examples:

• i think i am fist fighting a zombie, but its not killing it, others see and hear me emptying a full clip of my UMP
  • i am shooting fx45, its constantly jammed, just click click. Others hear and see it shooting. (But no damage)
  • plenty of issues like this

This were old issues and are mostly fixed in the current stable version. Please do not get them into stable again, but fix it first.

Edited by krazikilla

4 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Absolutely not.
A game, any game, first of all must be realistic ... or at least "plausible", otherwise it becomes crap and does not allow you to identify with the character and the "story" and enjoy the game.
AFTER, but only after, you can accept "oddities" if these serve to "balance" aspects of the game that, just because it is only a game, could never be too realistic not to make the game too boring or banal.
I think of the zombies that are reborn after a while that a player has moved away: it is absurd and completely unreal ... in a "plausible" context the infected do not rain from the sky and not even reborn again "adults" ... but it's game, that's how you need it, those who arrive later must be able to find their "ration of infected", so it is right that they are reborn, but only after you have strayed very far and for a certain amount of time, not only if you go to some areas in a city, or go to a farm out of a country and back in the country... you work on balance time-distance for respawn.
But the mere fact of ruining objects in an exaggerated way beyond all logic just to make the game a little more difficult is pure and simple BS! it just makes that game more stupid and unreal. if anything, a possible "balance sheet" (if it were required) must be sought in another way. Rather by making knives and boots much rarer, and leaving only stone knives (which logically can have a limited lifespan) and trainers (as above) common.
The game as it is now is just that absurdly stupid.
And a piece of advice to those who seek only and exclusively the "game difficulty" whatever absurdity it involves: buy a Rubic's Cube, this is the right game for you, not an FPS of any kind.

That's the problem... you think this game is an FPS... it's not. It has the aspect too it... but it was never intended to be an FPS from the origin of the Standalone. It's an open sandbox survival game. It's PVE and PVP... but not FPS.

• Beans 2

On 10/23/2020 at 10:47 PM, tandwan said:

We already explained to you the reason you get aim lag us because you chose to play on a server with high latency. That's not a game issue, that's a you issue.

We have Ping with high delay to beat you with low delay, but this delay shooting bug makes us unable to play at all. This is very unfair.
Do you think that our low ping server have human rights?There are too many Hacks!, So we only play high ping servers
 In addition this delayed aiming shooting bug was added by them to repair 1.06 ghost bullets. There were no such bugs before

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 10:16 AM, Parazight said:

Total garbage. You repeatedly complain about “aiming lag and ghost bullets” and have been refuted multiple times, by numerous people and never offer any counter arguments or quality evidence to support your claim. 

“online discrimination”. This is a joke, right??

We have Ping with high delay to beat you with low delay, but this delay shooting bug makes us unable to play at all. This is very unfair.
Do you think that our low ping server have human rights?There are too many Hacks!, So we only play high ping servers
 In addition this delayed aiming shooting bug was added by them to repair 1.06 ghost bullets. There were no such bugs before

On 10/23/2020 at 10:16 AM, Parazight said:

Total garbage. You repeatedly complain about “aiming lag and ghost bullets” and have been refuted multiple times, by numerous people and never offer any counter arguments or quality evidence to support your claim. 

“online discrimination”. This is a joke, right??

Check out game update 1.07.152957 (20.02.2020)

Fixed: A case of bullets not being registered when starting to shoot while the weapon is moved (This is the delay aiminglag patch bug)

Since then, I have to many  feedback times that they just don't fix it. look Twitter link https://twitter.com/beishanyouxi/status/1324043484186095616?s=21 (They are all aware of the problem)

Edited by zBS-788d5ef71cd43a71

1 hour ago, discipled said:

That's the problem... you think this game is an FPS... it's not. It has the aspect too it... but it was never intended to be an FPS from the origin of the Standalone. It's an open sandbox survival game. It's PVE and PVP... but not FPS.

Ok... It's not a "FPS" in the "classic" sense (although too many play it like that out of boredom, I guess), and believe me I'm the first to support it... In fact, if you search with my nik on Steam I was looking for companions of my language (unfortunately I do not know English and I have to use Google. I think you understand from how I write :-D) to share adventures ONLY PvE and since I activated my personal server, where I can hunt, fish, build the my base in peace and wandering around the map with the NIVA, a good part of my playing time is there. If you want (or don't trust me) I can host and show what I do and the base I built (thanks especially to Arkensor's "DayZCommunityOfflineMode". I can also let you try all the cars and all the weapons).
However, I call it an FPS because in any case you play it in first person (FP) and in any case you have to defend yourself (S); that they are infected, wolves, bears ... or, if in public servers, even "human a**holes" (murderers out of boredom, simple marauder, etc.)
So in fact it is an FPS. A "survival FPS" and NOT a "war FPS" (like ArmA: his "War Alter Ego" 🙂 ).
Believe me I do not confuse the 2 concepts, although still very similar, I only used the term FPS in the "generic" sense because DayZ is that anyway, of a "particular type", but it is.
Having said this, which I hope is understood despite the Google translations (😕)...
I remain of my idea that any game where you play a character in a certain context... be it of "war" (ArmA, Battlefield, COD, etc...), or be it of "survival" (DayZ, in this case)... however so that it is "immersive" and that it makes you forget that it is "just a game" it SHOULD be as plausible as possible, and limit any possible exceptions to this as much as possible. I have already given some examples, needless to repeat myself.
I can do one more last:
The Sun they implemented with 1.08 is awful, absurd and unrealistic. Whenever I have to see him in the trees he is always an "eyesore" and reminds me how stupid and poorly written this game is and ruins the identification and fun of a game that still has its pleasant and funny (otherwise I wouldn't be here writing for him again).
As well as the absurd consumption of materials, the backpacks that must be emptied to put them in the car, the increased difficulties in placing tents or palisades not perfectly level, etc... All deliberate choices, not defects of the game... this is what bothers most: it is not a defect, it is done on purpose 😬

And... t-shirts, sweaters and jackets that cannot be worn together (as in reality), but only one at a time. This dont know if it's deliberate or a simple bug/lack 🤔

For me these are all things that ruin the game... and it saddens to see that at each patch/update they fix 10 but ruin another 3/4... that with the defects of the game still never repaired (see cars) and the shortcomings serious (boats and canoes) make me think of a fun game, yes, but very "agonizing". I think his real luck is just that he has no effectual alternatives.

😧

• Thanks 1

comon guys, stop spamming the EXP Feedback Thread with some useless bs, but rather give EXP relevant feedback.  -> BUGS!

I've been pummeled to death by another bear that just gliched into building like its nothing. These guys don't care for walls, ceilings, windows or locked doors. Please, fix that at some point. You can check if things are wrong by simply getting bears attention and running into any building. They will glitch their head first, then their claws and soon their entire well-being. And what happens if a bear has little zombie helpers? These guys will catapult themselves and him and wherever. The bear that killed me first gliched into shed, then into the roof and do "it's job", like usual, with a single swing. Wolves at Tisy? Usually staying on roofs because they can run on walls like a spiderman. Won't waste time with "feedback" feature, for it takes forever for whatever in there. Will rant here instead.

What is the current lifetime for player dropped items? 

Died up north today on official Exp. ~5 hrs ago, when i got back only the Backpack and Mosin was left.  Also Died once in Guglovo on the way, ran straight from Electro to just find my Backpack and Axe. I was there within 2 hrs, might have been 1.

I intentionally dropped all my clothes/bp/weapons on the ground and walked away before i died both times (not on the corpses). 

Felt alone on the server. Lots of loot everywhere, no lag, zombies spawned where i got, so the chance of someone else getting to my loot and just keeping the clothes, twice, is zero.

That makes it important to put your most precious stuff inside your backpack if your'e starving/dying and want a chance to get your gear back, bury it if you can. Clothes/vests perish waaaay faster. 

Ps. Also tried out the Smokes on my 1.09 server, zombies are less interested in them than in roadflares, they just get alerted by the sound and start looking for players. 
So you cannot use them to get the attention off you, and if you want to lure them away, small stones are just as effective. 

Edited by dallebull