bent.toe

1.0 and what i hope for.

1. Being able to pick gender and race. And the ability to pick from different facial hair, beared, moustasch etc. The dynamic facial hair in the game are horrible... Wtf? 

2. A compass should be added in inventory at spawn. 

3. Variety in zombies, rotten and decayed, fat ones, different races, carrying a weapon on shoulder, an axe in hand, backpack etc. 

4. Jeans as spawnable clothes

5. Custom controls

6. Infected and zombiefied animals. 

7. Explosions (barrels, cars, canisters) 

8. 5 hours day and 1 hour night (could play a whole 24h in one sitting). 

9. Country flags on clothes/backpack. 

10. Complete cars (flat tyre or missing petrol at the most). 

11. Bears 

12. More common weapons and gun cleaning kit in and around cities with police buildings. 

13. Better RNG and logic loot i. e patches, first aid, medicin in hospitals, car stuff in garages and at gas stations, food, tents, and clothes at supermarkets and so on... You get the picture. 

14. Spraypaint 

15. NV goggles

16. Revolvers, 357 and. 44

17. Bow

18. Bear traps and tripwire. 

19. Dual layer of clothes? Sweater and raincoat or shirt and peacoat. 

20. Winter and - 20 degrees above NWAF. Making it a harsh and challenging environment to live in. 

21. Slings for rifles, making them hanging on the chest/belly. 

On to bugs/weird features. 

1. Clipping.. Just fix it. Characters look retarded with hair sticking out of a helmet. 

2. Assembly a car, walking for miles at snail speed with a tire. Spending 15+ hours to find a sparkplug... Wtf? 

3. Tents not placeable in forest or on sloope.

4. Custom controls or more control options. 

5. Clothes / gear ruined after 2-3 hits from a zombie. 

6. Eating / drinking reduced. 

7. Frame rate in all cities and during fightas. This is weird... I remember when i first started playing back in august 2018, i was so impressed by the fps. Silky smooth and never any problems. Today it's almost unlplayable in some cities. 

8. Fluid inventory and more controler friendly. 

9. Risk vs reward, fix the RNG. I don’t want to spend 1 hour to hike to a castle only to find a canned spagetti and a lockpick. 

10. Cars.. How hard can it be? Fluid controls, automatic gearbox and not having players shooting 20 meters up in the air... Come on. 

11. Building.. Have a look at the forest game. Make building a base fun and exciting. Not tedious and boring. A pristine axe breaks after 7 trees..... So we need around 15 axes to get logs for a decent base. 

12. Unrealistic breakage of in-game items. Knives, axes, supressors etc. all break after minimal use... Rubbish Lidl /wallmart stuff? It's not realistic. 

13. Apples, mushroom... Running through a field with hundres of apple trees and not one apple? 

14. Duping.. I hope it's gone for good. 

15. Combat logging and ghosting.. I hope it's fixed with some serious action like 10 minute wait time between server switch and random location spawn within 400 meter from your last location. 

Now on to some features i like to see. 

1. DM... Like it or Not, but it needs to be in there. People need to blow off some steam for a quick 30 minutes. Both dm and BR are a thing with mods on the PC version. 

2. Non-combat zones (forced weapon on shoulder when entering area) where we can trade and exchange stories or meet up with friends. 

3. Pickable spawn (only coast spawns) to get closer to your friends. Spawning in elektro when your friends are up in Severograd are boring, tedious and will take 90 minutes. If you could pick svetlojarsk it would be 25 minutes. 

4. Ability to start generators in cities to get Street lights... Maybe 15 car batteries at the electricity building? 

5. Killed players and gear should stay for 25 minutes. 

6. More camo patterns from different countries armies. 

7. Gas grenades and more variation in  gasmasks. 

8. Caves and underground bunkers. 

9. Horses to ride on (most obvious transportation in an apocalypse). 

10. Weekly challenges/happenings like in-game airdrops or hidden chests around Chernarus. 

11. Stats (no not kills) on days/hours survived, animals hunted, places visited, cans eaten and so on. Fun stats to compare with friends. 

12. More visable gear on the player like holster and pistol, canteen hanging from belt, ammo pouches etc. 

And you? 

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

18. Bear traps and tripwire

Best traps are already in. 

29 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

12. More visable gear on the player like holster and pistol, canteen hanging from belt, ammo pouches etc. 

Chest holster is in too 

31 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

13. Better RNG and logic loot i. e patches, first aid, medicin in hospitals, car stuff in garages and at gas stations, food, tents, and clothes at supermarkets and so on... You get the picture. 

Hospitals do spawn medical gear, not sure what you've been finding in them. Also pretty much always find tools and car parts in garages. Police and stations also seem to spawn loot I would expect to see. 

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

1. Being able to pick gender and race. And the ability to pick from different facial hair, beared, moustasch etc. The dynamic facial hair in the game are horrible... Wtf? 

2. A compass should be added in inventory at spawn. 

3. Variety in zombies, rotten and decayed, fat ones, different races, carrying a weapon on shoulder, an axe in hand, backpack etc. 

4. Jeans as spawnable clothes

5. Custom controls

6. Infected and zombiefied animals. 

7. Explosions (barrels, cars, canisters) 

8. 5 hours day and 1 hour night (could play a whole 24h in one sitting). 

9. Country flags on clothes/backpack. 

10. Complete cars (flat tyre or missing petrol at the most). 

11. Bears 

12. More common weapons and gun cleaning kit in and around cities with police buildings. 

14. Spraypaint 

15. NV goggles

16. Revolvers, 357 and. 44

17. Bow

18. Bear traps and tripwire. 

19. Dual layer of clothes? Sweater and raincoat or shirt and peacoat. 

20. Winter and - 20 degrees above NWAF. Making it a harsh and challenging environment to live in. 

21. Slings for rifles, making them hanging on the chest/belly. 

On to bugs/weird features. 

1. Clipping.. Just fix it. Characters look retarded with hair sticking out of a helmet. 

2. Assembly a car, walking for miles at snail speed with a tire. Spending 15+ hours to find a sparkplug... Wtf? 

3. Tents not placeable in forest or on sloope.

4. Custom controls or more control options. 

5. Clothes / gear ruined after 2-3 hits from a zombie. 

6. Eating / drinking reduced. 

7. Frame rate in all cities and during fightas. This is weird... I remember when i first started playing back in august 2018, i was so impressed by the fps. Silky smooth and never any problems. Today it's almost unlplayable in some cities. 

8. Fluid inventory and more controler friendly. 

9. Risk vs reward, fix the RNG. I don’t want to spend 1 hour to hike to a castle only to find a canned spagetti and a lockpick. 

10. Cars.. How hard can it be? Fluid controls, automatic gearbox and not having players shooting 20 meters up in the air... Come on. 

11. Building.. Have a look at the forest game. Make building a base fun and exciting. Not tedious and boring. A pristine axe breaks after 7 trees..... So we need around 15 axes to get logs for a decent base. 

12. Unrealistic breakage of in-game items. Knives, axes, supressors etc. all break after minimal use... Rubbish Lidl /wallmart stuff? It's not realistic. 

13. Apples, mushroom... Running through a field with hundres of apple trees and not one apple? 

14. Duping.. I hope it's gone for good. 

15. Combat logging and ghosting.. I hope it's fixed with some serious action like 10 minute wait time between server switch and random location spawn within 400 meter from your last location. 

Now on to some features i like to see. 

1. DM... Like it or Not, but it needs to be in there. People need to blow off some steam for a quick 30 minutes. Both dm and BR are a thing with mods on the PC version. 

2. Non-combat zones (forced weapon on shoulder when entering area) where we can trade and exchange stories or meet up with friends. 

3. Pickable spawn (only coast spawns) to get closer to your friends. Spawning in elektro when your friends are up in Severograd are boring, tedious and will take 90 minutes. If you could pick svetlojarsk it would be 25 minutes. 

4. Ability to start generators in cities to get Street lights... Maybe 15 car batteries at the electricity building? 

5. Killed players and gear should stay for 25 minutes. 

6. More camo patterns from different countries armies. 

7. Gas grenades and more variation in  gasmasks. ,

8. Caves and underground bunkers. 

9. Horses to ride on (most obvious transportation in an apocalypse). 

10. Weekly challenges/happenings like in-game airdrops or hidden chests around Chernarus. 

11. Stats (no not kills) on days/hours survived, animals hunted, places visited, cans eaten and so on. Fun stats to compare with friends. 

And you? 

1, yes. 2, don't be stupid. 3, zombies in various states of decay....sure, but weapons and such....no. 4 and 5, sure.  6 and 7, no.  8, sure. 9 - 12, ridiculous.  13, already does. 14, yes.  15, I don't think it's a good idea. 16 and 17, yes.  18, already have bear traps. 19 and 20, meh.  21, better yet, have an option to sling TWO weapons rather than one weapon and an axe, shovel, or pick.  About your bugs.....1, YES.  DEFINITELY.  2, that's just the way it is.  YOU try carrying a wheel and inflated tire.  3 - 8, agree whole-heartedly. 9, them's the berries as they say.  10 - 15, ABSOLUTELY.  Your wishlist of features.....1 - 4, NO WAY.  But I WOULD say that spawning should be completely and totally random, ANYWHERE on the map.  5 and 6, sounds good to me.  7, I can take it or leave it.  8, sounds cool.  9, only if you find a saddle first, THEN run the risk of dying trying to break the damn beast.  10, this is DayZ, not The Division.  11, I am kinduf curious about that myself to tell the truth.  12, the extra "eye candy" would be cool, but let's focus on the game WORKING before we put icing on the the details.

How's that?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

bent.toe is really hoping for a PC so he can mod ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

How's that?

How's what? 

Do you want a cookie or something? 

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

How's what? 

Do you want a cookie for all you put? Sounds like you just want a friendly easy game with sun shine an rainbows. Oh The division 2 is out i do belive what you put sounded alot like that game. Not Dayz just saying.

• Like 1

Many things you mentioned are already in the game or supposedly getting added later, like bears, custom controls and spray paints.

Things like cars and bases are supposed to be part of the end game and something that require group effort. 

Some of the things are straight up silly, like realistic decay on axes or more durable clothes. Quality axes will last for tens of years in real life with little maintenance while your character lifespan is usually counted in hours.

Rest can be solved with modding. I suggest you switch to PC.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, benedictus said:

Rest can be solved with modding. I suggest you switch to PC.

Never. 

• Haha 1

The 1.0 update for Xbox will be content-wise similar to the 1.01 update on PC, you can read more details here: https://dayz.com/article/game-update/pc-stable-update-1-01

There will be some additional Xbox-specific fixes/changes, but don't expect a different game from it.

I hate to be the dream-crusher here, but the features you listed above would keep our entire team busy for a very long time, and some are just not what we want to see in DayZ.

• Thanks 4
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, bent.toe said:

How's what? 

You asked for others' thoughts, and you're going to be a dick about it? 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

The 1.0 update for Xbox will be content-wise similar to the 1.01 update on PC, you can read more details here: https://dayz.com/article/game-update/pc-stable-update-1-01

There will be some additional Xbox-specific fixes/changes, but don't expect a different game from it.

I hate to be the dream-crusher here, but the features you listed above would keep our entire team busy for a very long time, and some are just not what we want to see in DayZ.

In all honesty, if they would just do something about duping/ghosting/combat logging, fix the lagging issues in the cities, and add some other guns, then I'd be fine with it.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

More than 5 years you mean? 

2 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

You asked for others' thoughts, and you're going to be a dick about it? 

I asked what others hoped for, not a smart ass that answered every point i listed like i should care. 

Variety in gear would be cool. I would have liked to have tucked my pants into my Tan Jungle boots while wearing CUU pants to look more like a Marine Lol. 

I'd be happy with the majority of PC 1.01 content & mechanics. Two new weapons & the hunting scope, medicament working so no more flu and multi vits working. Bleeding feet for all those bear foot bandits lol. SFX for bullet casings dropping ,steaming weapon barrel when firing during the rain. Increased chance to knock someone uncon instead of flat out one tap someone in ballistic combat . Plus rendering , server & sound optimisations across the board. Loads of game crash fixes & inventory simulation fixes etc. Bullet damage rebalance, armour rebalance , less food drops on zombies. I'm down for the game to be made significantly more difficult as it still feels exceptionally easy to get geared. Oh and I hope to the DayZ gods we get the big persistency fixes in the forms of extra backups that PC received , base builders need some love & hopefully the awful stuttering is fixed from the server simulations going all wonky. The main thing I want more than anything is a few character locked servers, for those streamers, base builders & hardcore survivalists who want to play and not be stream sniped, have there base server hopped into or be combat ghosted. Plus duplication has got so out of hand on console the coastline is unbearable, as someone who plays 8 hrs a day & 5 times a week I feel I've got a good handle on the community & by far the biggest issue that needs fixing is duplication.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

SFX for bullet casings dropping ,steaming weapon barrel when firing during the rain. 

That would be fucking sweet. 

• Like 1

All good suggestions. Honestly I’d be happy with the current game, just not broken. You can add a million features, but if it’s unplayable there’s no point 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bent.toe said:

That would be fucking sweet. 

Both in PC 1.01 right now so if we get everything there trying to give us on the 27th we will get the bullet casing dropping sound & steaming barrel (if rains reactivated). 😁  Im sure it depends on how well testing goes but its worth checking the link in the comment  made by  ImpulZ above, hes the community manager for full details on everything we stand to gain. Its alot

Edited by TheYetiBum

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

Both in PC 1.01 right now so if we get everything there trying to give us on the 27th we will get the bullet casing dropping sound & steaming barrel (if rains reactivated). 😁  Im sure it depends on how well testing goes but its worth checking the link in the comment  made by  ImpulZ above, hes the community manager for full details on everything we stand to gain. Its alot

I’d be curious testing the smoking barrels in a pond, some RP tempering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

In all honesty, if they would just do something about duping/ghosting/combat logging ..//..

When you log in you have to spend 20 mins on the server - if you log out in under 20 mins then you get a 5 minute timer before you can log in to another (or the same) server.
If you need to quit playing after less than 20 mins - its no prob, because you won't be back at the game inside 5, will you?

Technically, to do this on Xbox (which is all all public hive) - the Devs have just to run a standard Universal Time worldwide on each instance of the DayZ server software  - use GMT for instance.  
It doesn't affect server time, it does nothing in game, it just timestamps your character when you log out, then checks the timestamp when you want to log back in. Xbox = all public hive, so it works across all Xbox servers.  

right @ImpulZ  or anyone ???  .. or is there a prob I don't see ?

Edited by pilgrim*

55 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

When you log in you have to spend 20 mins on the server - if you log out in under 20 mins then you get a 5 minute timer before you can log in to another (or the same) server.
If you need to quit playing after less than 20 mins - its no prob, because you won't be back at the game inside 5, will you?

That might help with the duping, but that won't fix combat logging or ghosting into someone's base (that's why I never bothered with building walls and just stuck with strategically placed tents)  I noticed, however, that the 1.01 update for the PC, presumably similar to what we are to expect for console, does NOT address the duping exploit.

Edited by Stagman70
  • Like 2

Please dial back the insults and aggressive posting a bit. A large bit.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

That might help with the duping, but that won't fix combat logging or ghosting into someone's base

It's true - my suggestion is to reduce duping - IMO duping is THE main TOP unfair gameplay on Xbox, and also on PC (when it turns up). The point is that an anti-duper - an anti HOPPER - Timer CAN be done completely inside DayZ software.. so it works on any public hive - either PC or Xbox.. and ATM Xbox are ALL public hive.  So cut down HEAVILY on duping and the game  makes a big advance.

Combat logging on xbox, to my own understanding (tell me if I'm wrong)  - is a problem of  the Xbox Microsoft network.. so it is not directly under DayZ software control, it is NOT standard internet connection and it is not under the control of BI - our Devs can't redesign the MS Network so that a player can't instantly leave a game. (but if they are not let back in by DayZ software for 5 mins, then that would cure combat ghosting)
I believe it works this way, it's built into the MS xbox gaming network - and this is the problem, combat logging (out) is a thing outside of BI and DayZ software. - but again, tell me if I'm wrong.  

also - IMO combat logging is only a BIG problem (compared to hopping)  if you are a combat freak who wants to play straight CoD battles. A standard DayZ technique is to shoot the guy in the back before he sees you. Getting the drop on someone is one key part of the DayZ game. And plenty fo fighters do NOT combat log (they'd rather fight to the death, right?) On PC the (short) timer -logging in and logging out cant be avoided by the player, and that sorts any combat logging or ghosting. IMO that existing PC timer should be at least x2 as long - 20 seconds each way - so people would think more carefully before they logged out. but as it stands, it works to prevent ghosting/combat logging and feeling safe to do it anywhere near other players.

[ I have other Xbox suggestions that could be implemented inside the DayZ server software, but Xbox players would hate them (I know) .. lets see what happens when the Duping problem and the Base-building play has been sorted, first ]

For Hoppers - You've seen my suggestion. AND more zombs in military bases and around mil tents would give hoppers a HARD time and also make play more interesting for normal folk. The PC Dead by Dawn server (offline today) puts five times as many zombies around mil loot. It would be difficult for a hopper to get in and out without finding 3+  zombs on his back in 10-15 seconds.

For Bases - the full gameplay of bases has not been worked out yet; and on Xbox all servers are public servers (so no private friends-only servers to build "safe" bases on)  so 50% of players are building bases (slow and long) and 50% of players are getting their LoLs tearing bases down (easy and fast)..  Bases are in the game, all the parts of bases are available - BUT now they need balancing to make them interesting as part of DayZ - and not just a thing to spend time on.

Players try to use bases in easy to find open or city places,  as if they were FORTRESSES - but they ARE NOT FORTRESSES.  They take time to build, they are weak,  and they are ONLY about 2% safer than putting tents in a main street .  And a hidden tent or stash is about 400 TIMES safer than a base.

The rules and dynamics of how bases work to FIT into DayZ gameplay WILL be developed. In the meantime build your base in a HIDDEN place (for EFs sake). Right now it is NOT =no way= a FORTRESS.

40 minutes ago, Christopher122 said:

So wait, is it confirmed bleeding feet for barefooters? 

lol WHAT? I hope not.. You're feet dont bleed from walking barefoot in real last time i checked.  The people who walk barefoot actually build the calluses on the bottom of the foot providing a thick layer of skin protection

• Like 1