Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137302

^^ Is it totally messed up that I don't think that's a bad idea at all? Haha

• Like 1

Revisited Experimental tonight for a short time.  A couple of you seem to have the hands slot testing on lockdown, so only a couple notes to offer:

• The offroad hatchback is now drive-able in 4th gear (off-road, too!).  Could be placebo effect but it sure seemed to me that they have it tuned just about right.  Not too grippy, and certainly not as drifty as before.
  • The gypsy caravan trailer things are now spawning loot.  Appeared to be "shed loot" in the ones that I checked, at least for now.
  • Had some slight lag a couple times when moving inventory items around, which was pretty surprising on a server with only 5 people on it.  No major performance issues that I noticed, otherwise.  But yeah, 5 people.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

**SNIP**

If they'll let you eat humans, I'm guessing we should be able to make clothes out of the skin. I'm not one of these cannibal types either. But I would definitely use the leather from a found body to make gear out of.

• Like 3

Today Status Report day.I can't wait new picture for new animation and visual update.

I got a Lada on the coast and drove down to electro. At three valley i wanted to pick up a player chased by zeds. He didnt survive to get in the car. Looting his body was not possible.

At Tulga a "firefighter" was shooting at the car. I tried to hit him. BAMMM. He got puched a few meters away and the car stopped and rolled a little forward. Wheels damaged. Pretty realistic. I want to see the same on Zeds.

At Kamyshovo again shots. i thouht he was fighting Zeds. Let him get in the car. just bevore Electro he opened the door and wanted to leave the car. (he was not speaking). Wussshhhh, Suddenly, Back in Kamyshovo in the car parking where he entered the car. I tried to move on, but the car didnt move. I got out of the car, finished the Zeds, asked the other one to try the vehicle and bandaged. UUps, Dayz! Black screen, You´re dead.

Spawned in Electro. After 15min my body was still on the street and the car was gone. No looting possible on my old body.

Pooled all zeds in case of boredom and went back to 3 Valleys where the first guy died. he was still there unlootable. ( 30 mins after)

The Lada is less slippery but also "spinable" at 100Km/h on grass. Also pretty stable 130Km/h down the skislope at Tulga. :-)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, goateswyn said:

I got a Lada on the coast and drove down to electro. At three valley i wanted to pick up a player chased by zeds. He didnt survive to get in the car. Looting his body was not possible.

At Tulga a "firefighter" was shooting at the car. I tried to hit him. BAMMM. He got puched a few meters away and the car stopped and rolled a little forward. Wheels damaged. Pretty realistic. I want to see the same on Zeds.

At Kamyshovo again shots. i thouht he was fighting Zeds. Let him get in the car. just bevore Electro he opened the door and wanted to leave the car. (he was not speaking). Wussshhhh, Suddenly, Back in Kamyshovo in the car parking where he entered the car. I tried to move on, but the car didnt move. I got out of the car, finished the Zeds, asked the other one to try the vehicle and bandaged. UUps, Dayz! Black screen, You´re dead.

Spawned in Electro. After 15min my body was still on the street and the car was gone. No looting possible on my old body.

Pooled all zeds in case of boredom and went back to 3 Valleys where the first guy died. he was still there unlootable. ( 30 mins after)

The Lada is less slippery but also "spinable" at 100Km/h on grass. Also pretty stable 130Km/h down the skislope at Tulga. :-)

The not being able to  loot body's happened to me so no push to stable yet on this patch.

You guys are amazing QAs! You deserve tons of beanzzzz!

I am interested if this patch fixed the actual crashes, i had a lot of them on stable branch. I had memory crashes and also freezing crashes (i had to reboot my pc).

Did anyone seen crashes on this build? i did have to chance to test it.

Hope this is the final one! good job devs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Does this mean we can make human leather clothes?

no, but try the new "human face mask".

are you causican and want to look asian? no problem, just find an asian character, skin him, and wear his face as a mask. :)

• Like 4

whats happened to Southcentral 0-2? its not on the severer list.

25 minutes ago, Fing said:

Whatever it is, hasn't worked right for a very long time. Ping appears ok, but whenever i would connect, it would disconnect, weird behaviors. So i avoid that server.

remember its 70 ping for me to deep us servers, otherwise i would play there. Others say its ok... i don't know.

1 hour ago, Fing said:

It hasn't been there for at least 3 hours now.

Well found out that if you shoot an arrow into a zed trapped in a V3S cargo the arrow stays in place causing an obstruction to your V3S on return. I thought it was the zeds trapped in the VS at the time to see it in mid air and stopping me from going forward lol.  I do hope us southwest central 02 comes back. Missing everyone that was playing on that server :-(

1. So the most critical things in this patch are the hands still being locked while doing an action with F, or menu correct?

- constant cancel symbol is the case, cause and effect from doing an action. In my case the kindling, others rocks, some water etc.. spamming is still an issue. It will desync slightly the client, but with little to no effect and bounces you right back into the game.

2. Vehicle stabilization and linking all directions with the environment still needs to be completed, otherwise the vehicles seem to drive just fine?

Around infected, Characters, objects, and proximity of other vehicles?

What if there was a way to restrict infected from coming within 5m of the vehicle, and the rag doll effect on vehicles, was reduced to a few animations, would that help it any?

@Baty Alquawen

If i may devs, i would hold off till Monday, at the earliest so many of us can go through more testing for you this weekend. Is that possible? I would hate to rush out and not have all the testing required, and more bad feedback arise from it.

P.s I don't care what anyone is saying but this performance height, is amazing, I am topping 130+ most times, with little to no memory, and cpu uses. I have to thank you guys for really working hard on the performance increases.

My system is just gobbling it all up :)

Edited by sneakydude

Can i run over infected now? Would be awsome. I hit that thing in the middle of the road and it smashed somehow the front of the car and freezed there. I took the Bus back for the foto.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/101730053384584571/B9954919A43B6AC18ED417DC46DE0278B59FD3F6/

Edited by goateswyn

25 minutes ago, goateswyn said:

Can i run over infected now? Would be awsome. I hit that thing in the middle of the road and it smashed somehow the front of the car and freezed there. I took the Bus back for the foto.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/101730053384584571/B9954919A43B6AC18ED417DC46DE0278B59FD3F6/

I don't believe the hitboxes are setup correctly with the vehicles and infected, or AI.

• Like 1

I found something that may be of interest.

While cutting branches from trees and then splitting them into thirds with the stone knife I was getting a bug which froze my hands slot into what was labelled a skinning action.

Cut branch with stone knife so it falls to your side (not to shoulder slot).

Cut into thirds with same stone knife.

All actions will seem complete as you now have sticks in thirds but if you look back to the tree you will no longer get the standard options and will instead get the, "cancel current action" option.

When you choose cancel you get the dialogue, "I've stopped skinning".

ElbXz78.jpg

• Like 3

Also, when I spawned in I was wearing blue canvas pants and a white t-shirt instead of the green t-shirt and black jeans I usually spawn in wearing.

One good thing, it can all be torn into rags....

BOUXfZp.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spawned into a downpour outside of Solnichniy.

I quickly came upon a sedan and drove to Kamishovo where I was forced to pick apples and light fires to keep from hypothermic/starving.

Once I was stable I tried to start North but ended up crashing the sedan, totally wrecking it just as I tried to leave.

I then made my way to Elektro and thought I might try my luck there. I still had to light a fire once in the process but I made it across town safely.

qEgayfU.jpg

Loot was a little scarce but I was able to get a shotgun and some rounds and eventually a yellow fire fighters jacket to ward off the elements.

I then made my way to Novy Sobor, looted the police station quickly and continued North.

H3offNu.jpg

By the time I reached the northern debug near Stary Yar emu had a run in with a KoShole wearing a pink payday mask in Lopatino and died trying to talk.

I tried to track his assailant as I was not far from Lopatino and made a large circle around the town peaking in from a distance and eventually wen to the spot where emu died and found his corpse was gone.

Then there was a herd of cows... and the server crashed.

I never saw a sign of the guy who shot him so I turned north once more to try to find Tisy base.

By this time emu had found a truck and made a quick run up to the base and was able to meet up so we could loot as a pair.

Q4Y5GIf.jpg

*Fun fact, emu's drink 9-18 liters a day!

I got a Coyote backpack, and we found an M4 and an SVD!

All in all, a pretty good haul. :)

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

By this time emu had found a truck and made a quick run up to the base and was able to meet up so we could loot as a pair.

In all .61 experimental I found only two vehicles (one 15 minutes before restart and one V3S without tires), and I never got to Tisy base. I play so slow   :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, igor-vk said:

In all .61 experimental I found only two vehicles (one 15 minutes before restart and one V3S without tires), and I never got to Tisy base. I play so slow   :)

I went a bit slow yesterday as well but I blame the rain! It can really slow things down or change plans drastically, which makes you need to reconsider your plans or next move which is nice.

• Like 1

g6YCuQ4.jpg

This is what I call hardcore hunting (with Emuthreat), still not enough. I'm still aiming for my military tent full of cow steaks.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

snip

Hunted to the brink of extinction, the DayZ cow has been designated an endangered species since patch 0.61.137302.  It is rumored that a small but ravenous group of Van Halen adoring hunters are primarily responsible for the plummeting bovine populations throughout Chernarus.  Please think of the starving cawadoodys in Dolina!  And don't let those delicious rib eye's go to waste in the next persistence wipe.

• Like 4