Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137116

Sure would be nice to hookup with you guys on experimental and test those vehicles and the driving of them. I had so many beefs last time, i refused to drive in one again other then the lada and the hatchback.

Do they all drive nice now or are they still a problem with the bus and the v3s?

- I uninstalled exp to head to a private server for saturday night fun times. We have some war games going on, if you guys are ever interested. But if i install exp on sat morning to play with you guys will it effect my safe to go backwards on .61 private stable server?
I usually havent tried that.

and most of all whats up with the bulletproof glass windows? asked in general pop none seem to know.

Anyways i hope you all had a great new years, i just started back on another project working for a box store IT job, so i have been rather busy to play some with you on exp-ts

No update today guys. Thank you for your feedback, I am watching you :).

Enjoy your weekend!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

No update today guys. Thank you for your feedback, I am watching you :).

Enjoy your weekend!

Thank you for the information Baty.

Alright guys, stock up, recharge your legs or refuel your vehicle, it's time to make camps again for the week-end! :D

• Like 4

Hey guys, just had a silly and small quick-fix idea for the Car sound system.

If the Devs plan on implementing a new system, awesome, but in the mean-time, wouldn't it be just as possible to just internally reduce the volume of cars to about 30-40% of their natural state. I know a lot of friends are having to reduce their volume completely just to be able to speak to others on their TS, or VOIP to strangers. 

Just a thought :) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Espa said:

Hey guys, just had a silly and small quick-fix idea for the Car sound system.

If the Devs plan on implementing a new system, awesome, but in the mean-time, wouldn't it be just as possible to just internally reduce the volume of cars to about 30-40% of their natural state. I know a lot of friends are having to reduce their volume completely just to be able to speak to others on their TS, or VOIP to strangers. 

Just a thought :) 

Oh yes, pleeeeeaaase!

• Like 1

i haven't filed a bug report for 1 1/2 years...and for the life of me i just can't sort to see only dayz relevent bug reports. can someone possibly guide me to how i can search for a bug-report in dayz? i am in the advanced search and no matter what i enter in the query there's "no results found"...

anyway the back/front-door of the log cabin/pub/inn is not functional. (no door interaction symbol available)

edit: reported

Edited by joe_mcentire
refactoring
  • Like 1

Wellp, back to the bug mines...

@Baty Alquawen Are you aware of the issue that is causing hanging screens/slideshow for players?  It seems to be a localized effect.  I found a cargo truck yesterday in Grishino and only drove it to the castle in the old fields, and then down through the field north of Stary Sobor before I got the slideshow of asymptotic doom.  After I managed to gain enough control of my display to reset my computer, I tried joining again, and instantly began the slideshow again.  I joined a different server, found a different vehicle and positioned myself 1.5 km away from the now-wrecked truck I was driving when the problem began.  I logged back into SC 0-2 successfully after leaving the area.

Similarly, I have been in groups of around three at a time when all of us started getting very badly choppy frames, but the others were able to slowly turn their vehicle away.  This seems to confirm that certain areas are a symptom, if not the cause of this bug.

So here's my question:  If this "crash" requires the player to taskman out of the game, or even reset the computer, then how do we go about gathering good data on this? AFAIK the crashdumps aren't generated by forcing a shutdown of a frozen game.

Also, what's the deal with disappearing busses?

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma 

Just kidding, here it is.

Edited by emuthreat
Stuff 'n' things
  • Like 1

I want to test if the glow strips on my fire fighter jacket light up in head lights...

That can be easily arranged.  The strips on fireman's jackets on infected do not light up.

that likely indicates these will not.  I guess that is the one advantage of playing on 3rd person...I am looking for a car anyway. 

Edited by PongoZ

1 hour ago, PongoZ said:

that likely indicates these will not.  I guess that is the one advantage of playing on 3rd person...I am looking for a car anyway. 

I meant that we could drop off a vehicle for you to test it out.  Paranoid much?

Experimental is pretty lonely. Not much wolf trouble this time, in fact, a bit of wolf help.

qHgSnMP.jpg

Anyways, I was making my way towards the military base at Novy Lug when I heard a gunshot. When I investigated, I found someone @☣BioHaze☣ might recognize.

13 hours ago, joe_mcentire said:

i never thought about it, but why is the fov limited to max. 75?

It isn't. Those slider numbers don't correspond to degrees. The max FOV is over 100° (horizontal).

• Like 6

4 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Experimental is pretty lonely. Not much wolf trouble this time, in fact, a bit of wolf help.

qHgSnMP.jpg

Anyways, I was making my way towards the military base at Novy Lug when I heard a gunshot. When I investigated, I found someone @☣BioHaze☣ might recognize.

It isn't. Those slider numbers don't correspond to degrees. The max FOV is over 100° (horizontal).

It's done, the kill is confirmed now. Last time when he combat logged after I shot him unconscious and tied him up I wasn't sure the job was finished, now it is.

• Like 1

can someone also confirm that you cannot interact with dead animals. i have killed (exclusively) three chickens and i cannot do anything with their carcasses.

1 hour ago, joe_mcentire said:

can someone also confirm that you cannot interact with dead animals. i have killed (exclusively) three chickens and i cannot do anything with their carcasses.

Killed a chicken and it glitched out. Body is still standing with no interaction.

DYj0fJ0.png

Edited by atomquark
no coffee
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, -Gews- said:

-snip-

-snip-

Nice shot!

And "turn about", is certainly fair play.

....thanks!

• Like 1

And again DicklePickle bit the dust. After killing some wolves Hell and I got the truck which I parked outside of Tisy and when at the truck we encountered another pack of wolves. Because we had no space we decided to just take some last stuff which we stuffed in a tent in the military base and then get out of Tisy. When driving over there I wanted to turn the engine off between the shower barrack and bunkbed barrack but I accidently pressed Get out and I managed to hurt myself quite a bit. I ran in the shower barrack really quick to see the damage while I heard some shots.

I asked where Hell was and he responded in the truck and we both thought that the other person was shooting. Seemed like another person was there so Hell got to the other shower barrack and we decided just to wait and let the other person deal with the wolves and wait for his move. Nothing happened but I couldn't do much because my shoes were ruined and I would lose health when moving. We knew what the outcome would be if we would just take the truck. Before we got the truck out of there the driver would get a headshot. So we decided to look for some shoes for me and leave the truck for now even though it had a SVD and Steyr in it. Hell and I got seperated at some point and I eventually found some wellies while he was making his way back in the area of the truck.

Suddenly he says he found a Orange mountain backpack laying on the hill just south-west of the barrack compound with some stuff in it. My first guess was that the person got killed by the wolves. So I made my way quickly over there of course running directly to the hill. When I suddenly saw a person laying down, great tacitcal choice on his behalf *gniffles*. When he moved I saw that it was not Hell and started shooting him and he dropped fairly quickly. I immediately went to the body and checked his pulse, his name was Jarin and I thought damn it's not DicklePickle.

But faith was with me because immediately I started taking shots so I turned around and there he was, kneeled and shooting towards me. I threw some shots and there he went, unconscious again. This time, I didn't tie him up, he got an immediate headshot. No remorse for bandits! They also immediately rage quit afterwards which made my double kill even sweeter. If you want to be a bandit and shoot everyone, at least be gud at it!

Here are their dog tags:

L0sflwO.jpg

• Like 3

PickleDick is really starting to cause ruckus, i'm kind of amused by his antics.  I hope to meet him (and kill him) soon.

• Like 2

Ran thru Tisy this morning.  You know, if you run through it, then kill soem time cooking your wolf meat, then run back through it, it sure spawns a lot of military tents.  Made myself a little military tent village:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843293094

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040825046/screenshots/

You can't see them all, but there are 13 in total.  With see-only alleys, dead-ends, etc.  At one point, I set one up wrong, and pinned myself between 3 tents and the wall - had to log onto the UK server then move forward about 2 meters before logging back to SC-02.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 4

Played a couple sessions today off and on, with Thurman and IMT.  The video freeze-up crash is still happening, but not as bad as it was on Friday and Saturday.  Mostly just bumpin' around the map and wrecking up the vehicles.

I accidentally discovered where to add coolant to a V3S cargo, while trying to load a barrel into the inventory.  It is new to me, but our new friend Hell said that his people were topping off coolant on .60, so we'll have to test that method to get dead engines to turn over again.

Aside from that, we've just been getting to know the locals.  One fellow in particular, DicklePick, has an uncanny knack for crossing paths with us.
In the first case, I was driving back to near where we had left a vehicle earlier, and I saw a ghostly apparition of the sort that happens when one is following another driver and you appear to crash into their vehicle; though no vehicle is actually present at that time.
It did however, clue us in to which way the vehicle was moved, as the apparition appeared noticeably to the west of where the truck should have been parked.  So we followed the hunch and headed off in the only place of any interest in the direction of the stolen truck.
Sure enough, there was our blue V3S cargo that had been stolen, along with a hatchback.  As Thurman and IMT watched the vehicles, I crept along the hillside above the road where the truck was parked.  Before I could even get a clear view of the suspected destination, DicklePick and Co. come running back to the truck.
IMT takes out the first of the pair, Jaris, I think.  And Thurman hosed Dickle as he aimed a bow out of a tree towards him.  They quit the game before I could get ID screenshots on them this time, but I believe one of us got a screen before they quit.

Later on, I logged back on to find that Thurman had just been passed by someone driving a bus through Novy and Stary.  He gave chase as I hopped in a nearby orange V3S chassis hauled-ass down from where I had logged off.  By the time I made it around Veresnik, Thurman had managed to catch up to the bus driver.  He attempted to make contact in Kabanino, and was met with gunfire as the player fled into a nearby house.  I drove my truck around town as a diversion, while Thurman made his way into the area and discovered that the player had switched houses.  He had a pretty good LOS, but no shot, so I drove my truck up to a nearby fence and hopped out with the lights on and engine still running.  After gathering up about a half-dozen infected, I breeched the door and ran into a room on the ground floor, killing the one infected in the doorway.  My plan to flood the house with infected was a no-go, as the dead one at the door seemed to have blocked the rest from entering.  Trusting Thurman's intel, I ran upstairs and let off one shot through the door as I opened it, following up with 3 more as I watched the crouched camper crumple to the floor.  Checking the pulse, I discover that it is none other than DicklePick, cut down again, less than an hour into his second attempt of the day. 

If you are reading this, DicklePick, please try to say hello.  As comical as this is to run across the same specific player twice a day on a server averaging 5 players, we are starting to feel bad.  We admire your tenacity.  Thanks for the laughs.  My face still hurts from that episode in Kabanino.  : P

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 4

awesome,.

Hey those v3s work nice except that you can hear footsteps while driving and you have the slight FPS pause.....

14 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Ran thru Tisy this morning.  You know, if you run through it, then kill soem time cooking your wolf meat, then run back through it, it sure spawns a lot of military tents.  Made myself a little military tent village:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843293094

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040825046/screenshots/

You can't see them all, but there are 13 in total.  With see-only alleys, dead-ends, etc.  At one point, I set one up wrong, and pinned myself between 3 tents and the wall - had to log onto the UK server then move forward about 2 meters before logging back to SC-02.

When I got there and saw it I said to Emu: "they added a new tent city to Tisy" haha.

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Played a couple sessions today off and on, with Thurman and IMT.  The video freeze-up crash is still happening, but not as bad as it was on Friday and Saturday.  Mostly just bumpin' around the map and wrecking up the vehicles.

I accidentally discovered where to add coolant to a V3S cargo, while trying to load a barrel into the inventory.  It is new to me, but our new friend Hell said that his people were topping off coolant on .60, so we'll have to test that method to get dead engines to turn over again.

Reveal hidden contents

Aside from that, we've just been getting to know the locals.  One fellow in particular, DicklePick, has an uncanny knack for crossing paths with us.
In the first case, I was driving back to near where we had left a vehicle earlier, and I saw a ghostly apparition of the sort that happens when one is following another driver and you appear to crash into their vehicle; though no vehicle is actually present at that time.
It did however, clue us in to which way the vehicle was moved, as the apparition appeared noticeably to the west of where the truck should have been parked.  So we followed the hunch and headed off in the only place of any interest in the direction of the stolen truck.
Sure enough, there was our blue V3S cargo that had been stolen, along with a hatchback.  As Thurman and IMT watched the vehicles, I crept along the hillside above the road where the truck was parked.  Before I could even get a clear view of the suspected destination, DicklePick and Co. come running back to the truck.
IMT takes out the first of the pair, Jaris, I think.  And Thurman hosed Dickle as he aimed a bow out of a tree towards him.  They quit the game before I could get ID screenshots on them this time, but I believe one of us got a screen before they quit.

Reveal hidden contents

Later on, I logged back on to find that Thurman had just been passed by someone driving a bus through Novy and Stary.  He gave chase as I hopped in a nearby orange V3S chassis hauled-ass down from where I had logged off.  By the time I made it around Veresnik, Thurman had managed to catch up to the bus driver.  He attempted to make contact in Kabanino, and was met with gunfire as the player fled into a nearby house.  I drove my truck around town as a diversion, while Thurman made his way into the area and discovered that the player had switched houses.  He had a pretty good LOS, but no shot, so I drove my truck up to a nearby fence and hopped out with the lights on and engine still running.  After gathering up about a half-dozen infected, I breeched the door and ran into a room on the ground floor, killing the one infected in the doorway.  My plan to flood the house with infected was a no-go, as the dead one at the door seemed to have blocked the rest from entering.  Trusting Thurman's intel, I ran upstairs and let off one shot through the door as I opened it, following up with 3 more as I watched the crouched camper crumple to the floor.  Checking the pulse, I discover that it is none other than DicklePick, cut down again, less than an hour into his second attempt of the day. 

Reveal hidden contents

If you are reading this, DicklePick, please try to say hello.  As comical as this is to run across the same specific player twice a day on a server averaging 5 players, we are starting to feel bad.  We admire your tenacity.  Thanks for the laughs.  My face still hurts from that episode in Kabanino.  : P

All credits go to Thurman, he shot Jarin and DicklePick both. I was half a second late on Jarin because Thurman gave him an headshot and as he started doing the ragdoll animation I shot, just missing his head.

In a way I feel sorry for him but then again, he shot BioHaze blatantly in the head and after I got him unconscious he logged off and he and his friend tried to ambush Hell and me so somehow I don't feel sorry. Also, he shot at Thurman again, who was trying to make contact. Apparently this fellow doesn't learn from his mistakes and his lessons. This is a prime example where banditry does get you killed, in this case over and over by the same group.

The other thing I don't understand is that he is always not that well geared. He's always carrying his bow and a Winchester but yet tries to pick firefights with fully geared people. I guess that's a choice on his behalf but he needs to understand that unless he's a good shot, he's going to die a lot more. It's not that he doesn't have the time to gear up because from the time we killed him and his friend to the point where you guys killed him he had two and an half to three hours to gear up which would leave him with enough gear to encounter someone who's decked out like me.

But that FAL though, I watched it on YouTube with 0.25 speed and it took 2 shots to take him down. The one shot through the door which probably even reduced the damage and then there was the second shot which dropped him. It's without question the best gun at the moment in-game, topping even AKM's or M4's with drum or coupled STANAG mags. Keeping it well fed can be a bit of a challenge though but if you treat the gun how I usually treat mine you'll be fine (killing zombies with secondary or melee and players with main).

Edit:

Wonder which goodies they have in store for us. :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, IMT said:

W

Wonder which goodies they have in store for us. :)

Nothing visible, only setting changes.

• Like 4