Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137116

55 minutes ago, FatihScope said:

Will there be any updates today on "exp"?

As it is almost 10 PM here, I highly doubt it.

4 minutes ago, B1gWh17 said:

Can anyone confirm if experimental has persistence on for vehicles?

The current build has no persistence for vehicles, at least not on the Southcentral 0-2 server.

• Like 1

Same for NE-02 I guess. Not really sure what we are supposed to be testing for on experimental at the moment if perisistence isn't enabled.

the vehicles are all complete and full of gas, you do not need persistance to test them for driving

1 hour ago, PongoZ said:

the vehicles are all complete and full of gas, you do not need persistance to test them for driving

Or for smashing them into each other. Or grenading them.  Or driving them off cliffs. 

• Like 1

We need fully enabled persistence for a period of at least a week to make sure that vehicles can be managed and circulated in a reasonable way that does not require serverwide resets of persistence for vehicles to be usable after a few days.

• Like 1

I've been testing vehicle persistence and vehicle positioning. So far it doesn't seem to be working for me. I will continue testing.

These past two months have been pretty shitty for decent updates , it honestly feels like we are going backwards in progress ; vehicles broken , Desync is too much on stable servers that are full pop for too long , fireplaces are being fixed and broken with each patch , and there's still too many issues with the zombies physics which makes me want to scream at the devs and tell them to release the new animation system and player controller so we  dont have to deal with these three year old aids-zombies .

i was hoping the new year would bring bigger patches but further apart (like one of the status reports said coming closer to the 3 year anniversary) but as of the past two-three months we have been literally at a stand still , kind of reminds me of the half a year wait to get .60 pushed through to stable , I hope this isn't going to be the norm through the rest of development becuase at this point I don't see us entering beta until late summer 2017 :( . 

Ill play other games to get my mind off of it but honestly I'm craving dayz lately and I can't bring myself to play it due to the low pop and non persistent vehicles of experimental , and the general state of stable being so desyncy and vehicleless . Also , I still haven't seen a pack of wolves lol I guess I should go to dubrovka ...

Good job Devs, don't listen to all the sissy-lahlahs around here bitching. I doubt ya'll do anyway. Maybe just to laugh at mouthbreathers furiously hammering away at their keyboards, fatfinger mistakes and all.

Not much to do on EXP at the moment. Looking forward to new stuffs :)

8 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Good job Devs, don't listen to all the sissy-lahlahs around here bitching. I doubt ya'll do anyway. Maybe just to laugh at mouthbreathers furiously hammering away at their keyboards, fatfinger mistakes and all.

Not much to do on EXP at the moment. Looking forward to new stuffs :)

Even the experimental crew that have their own jackets thinks experimental is nothingness right now , devs please push .62 to experimental as fast as possible , your bestest testers are getting bored and resulting to insults XD

• Like 4

Was running around a bit this morning.  @Girth Brooks, @Fing and got all these vehicles on top of the ramps at Tisy:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840666139

(How do you like that @IMT? )

Also, somehow, I jacked up my inventory to display huge icons - anyone know how to turn that off?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840665026

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

Ha thur. No wonder Girth got that lada up that ramp so easy.  He was using the hover version of it lol.  Did you have yo give the busses a bit of a run up to get them over the lip? And what is are next challenge :-)? 

Hard to understand how someone can say little has changed in exp in the last few months with a straight face. 

It is weird that the health healing bug seems to come and go. Some of the buildings seem to have door problems creeping in.  But to say the game has not moved or improved at all in the last 2 months is so silly that it is hard to respond to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Even the experimental crew that have their own jackets thinks experimental is nothingness right now , devs please push .62 to experimental as fast as possible , your bestest testers are getting bored and resulting to insults XD

I still play Experimental every day because most of our regulars still play Experimental and I want to provide them with useful data. Although my character has been alive for I believe 3 week now and it's kitted to the teeth there are still things to do and test so please do not generalise.

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

Was running around a bit this morning.  @Girth Brooks, @Fing and I got all these vehicles on top of the ramps at Tisy:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840666139

(How do you like that @IMT? )

Also, somehow, I jacked up my inventory to display huge icons - anyone know how to turn that off?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=840665026

I call Photoshop! Ghehe, it seems that the bus and lada both passed the Tisy test then? What about the sedan? Perhaps they all might pass the Tisy test this build.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PongoZ said:

16 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Or for smashing them into each other. Or grenading them.  Or driving them off cliffs. 

But that's not the point. Vehicles aren't currently in stable due to the stress they can cause player positioning and network sync. If we can't get multiple vehicles running in the same area with players in each vehicle then there is no stress on the servers. If persistence isn't enabled, there's no stress on the servers. Isn't that what we should be attempting to do on experimental currently? Stress the servers as much as possible?

Not having persistence on seems to be a way of keeping the experimental servers functioning without having to have the dev's need to monitor them. We all know vehicles drive fine(even though I still don't understand why the V3S is only front wheel drive).

9 minutes ago, B1gWh17 said:

But that's not the point. Vehicles aren't currently in stable due to the stress they can cause player positioning and network sync. If we can't get multiple vehicles running in the same area with players in each vehicle then there is no stress on the servers. If persistence isn't enabled, there's no stress on the servers. Isn't that what we should be attempting to do on experimental currently? Stress the servers as much as possible?

Not having persistence on seems to be a way of keeping the experimental servers functioning without having to have the dev's need to monitor them. We all know vehicles drive fine(even though I still don't understand why the V3S is only front wheel drive).

I think they are having a/some bug(s) with persistence of vehicles. They were persistent before so I think it's just a bug.

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

I think they are having a/some bug(s) with persistence of vehicles. They were persistent before so I think it's just a bug.

That's my point thought, like, we know if we are playing experimental we are going to encounter bugs that we wouldn't on stable. Unless they already have a fix in internal builds, whats the point of having the vehicles on experimental(with no persistence so as to not cause the bug)?

5 minutes ago, B1gWh17 said:

That's my point thought, like, we know if we are playing experimental we are going to encounter bugs that we wouldn't on stable. Unless they already have a fix in internal builds, whats the point of having the vehicles on experimental(with no persistence so as to not cause the bug)?

To test them and provide the developers with useful data. :) Vehicles are basically spawning everywhere on the map so finding one shouldn't be that hard. Unless you're unlucky of course and they haven't spawned in the west for example.

• Like 1

@Fing and @IMT, not sure how Brooks got Fing's bus up there from the East entrance that you two came in.  To get mine (which I brought in from the West entrance by the Radar Station), I had to get out on foot and scout a clear path as those tiny concrete curbs are everywhere; I had to wind around the central plaza with the statue, but once I did, I was about 100m straight in front of the middle ramp - you just floor it, making a slight right turn before the ramp to miss another curb (which we marked with a flare) - I was going 48 kmh in 4th gear with the shift key held down when I hit the bottom of the ramp - so fast, I almost crashed at the top.  

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2

Played a bit last night with Kohlbar and one of his peeps.  I drove down with a cargo truck and they both had sedans by the time we got situated in Staroye.  We had some fun driving around like idiots and killing up the infected at NWAF tents.  I got ahold of a chainsaw, which is still beastly even without fuel.

Vehicle graphics cancer is still a thing.  We had two sedans and my truck at the airfield, and we all started getting slide-show graphical problem.  It got so bad at Bash, that I could not even log back into the server, and called it a night.

Edit: more players encountered the same issue yesterday.   The game would freeze-up and hang on a frame for about five seconds, then a half-second of progress.  It occurred for me mostly while driving; once even in a brand- new vehicle.  Some people had the same issue while on foot nowhere near a vehicle.

Edited by emuthreat
Deetz

Ha thur. No wonder Girth got that lada up that ramp so easy.  He was using the hover version of it lol.  Did you have yo give the busses a bit of a run up to get them over the lip? And what is are next challenge :-)? 

3 hours ago, IMT said:

Persistence works fine. Vehicle spatial orientation doesn't. It's been a known bug for a while. The reason for persistence to be disabled for some experimental servers is to increase server load. I.e. if people found vehicles and hid them. It would be really hard for people to find and test vehicles. Hence why persistence is disabled so vehicles will constantly spawn after server restarts. 

https://trello.com/c/MYYTVXFL/107-stable-hotfix-vehicle-spatial-orientation

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kronons said:

Persistence works fine. Vehicle spatial orientation doesn't. It's been a known bug for a while. The reason for persistence to be disabled for some experimental servers is to increase server load. I.e. if people found vehicles and hid them. It would be really hard for people to find and test vehicles. Hence why persistence is disabled so vehicles will constantly spawn after server restarts. 

https://trello.com/c/MYYTVXFL/107-stable-hotfix-vehicle-spatial-orientation

Read... I'm talking about VEHICLE persistence, I know that the normal persistence works. Last build they mentioned "Fixes for proper persistence of tents, vehicles" so I'm assuming the persistence for vehicles is still not working. And disabling it to increase server load does not make any sense at all because except for some regulars Southcentral 0-2 which is normally full is now barren. Yesterday was the first time I've seen multiple people online and even saw 3 people in-game. Other than that I think Experimental is kind of dead.