Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136700

17 hours ago, ShallowTech said:

Looks good. For those of you that are already full geared, when you spawn, do you run straight to north military bases?

is this a thing? Chance of spawning in fully geared?

7 minutes ago, boggle said:

is this a thing? Chance of spawning in fully geared?

No they were wondering how people got geared so shortly after a wipe.

Pro tip: Be the first one at the high loot areas or wait a couple hours after a wipe.

I'm always fully-geared like an hour after each wipe, lol.

That's why I'm calling for less (military) loot all the time. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sneakydude said:

All the main points on the map, they either run as fast as they can like "king of the Hill"

I ran as fast as i could this morning as soon as the patch was applied, there was people already past the airfield.

Shocked me.

Still, everyone is so slow. Although I mostly play on low pop, after a new build hits and I'm right there from the beginning I usually do the same and twice now I have hit Stary, Veresnik and the NWAF without any sign of a player or even that a player was there.

16 hours ago, ShallowTech said:

Yeah it is a little frustrating... I noticed the same thing, watch some guys log in at mil tents, run through and then run out and log. Makes me feel like I would need to do the same just to try out the mil gear. Most of the testing I am just off the coast farming, killing zombies, trying out functions. Then some ass that geared up from server hoping comes down to the coast and shoots me for the hell of it... Hope to see the loot spread out a little more. Maybe find some AR-15's in some cabins or houses, in cites and towns around the map. That way you can have a chance when they come in shooting first :-) I mean, if there was a zombie apocalypse in the US, many rural areas would be pretty stacked with at-15 rifles, ammo and hunting rifles. :-) As well as tactical vest and clothing!

I don't know about the Czech Republic but here in the west of Europe or at least The Netherlands we have very strict rules on guns. You can only have a gun if you have a permit and those are hard to get and cost a lot of money. And I don't even know if people allowed to have guns in their houses, perhaps only pistols. Not sure how all that works but all I know is that it is very strict compared to the United States.

13 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

...as well they should. English Longbows were finely crafted weapons of war. Bows in DayZ are cobbled together from a random stick and some string. An improvised bow shouldn't be able to compete with firearms. Crossbows are a slightly different story, of course, since they're made from modern materials.

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

I'm curious as to why there's a character wipe with every patch. I'm fine with it, it's experimental so whatever, I'm just wondering why every patch comes with a character wipe when, as far as I recall, that hasn't always been the case. Sorry if that's been asked before, I don't always keep up with with the experimental threads.

Having a wipe each time is actually important. They start with fresh and clean data which yields the best data results in the end.

7 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I had a long split run today. first with @Luc Tonnerreand @IMTon the SNG 1PP.

I had a rugged spawn north of Rify, where I refused to eat apples and had to resort to eating chicken cooked on a stick.  Krasnostav was a complete bust Seeing evidence of players passing before me, in the form of discarded armbands, and after spotting some wolves attacking either infected or wildlife ahead of me, I ran to Novy Lug.

Having staved off starvation by way of a couple chickens, I made a stash of improvised arrows and ran down to Mogilevka to meet Luc.  IMT ran from near Svetlojarsk, to catch us in Novy Sobor. We looted about, never finding anything of substance until reaching the NW Airfield. Somewhat geared, we headed to Tisy, where we found wolves as we approached the radar building.  We killed the cursory three wolves, and I insisted on cooking them right there, to see if the rest would come for revenge, but they didn't. We got geared to the teeth at Tisy, seeing nobody along the way.

Sorry about the Spoiler inception below, I couldn't really fix it.

Reveal hidden contents

Luc had a bad case of the plastic face,  and was having trouble keeping his gun fed, as he insisted on shooting every zombie he saw.  

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

And IMT had a chronic case of the blackface all day.  He was beginning to get truly agitated by the fact that we found twice as much 5.45 and 5.56 ammo in the far north, as we did 7.62x39 for him.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

The coyote backpack seemed to help his morale, though.

Having accomplished the mission of finding the new Coyote backpacks, Luc and IMT succumbed to the pressures of their time zone, and had to log off.  Awaiting the impending wipe, Luc and IMT tested whether a shotgun fired from beneath Luc's chin would refresh both of their spirits for tomorrow.

Hide contents

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

The ballistic helmet must have caught the shot, because IMT had to log out and wait for the wipe like a high-society-type, with his face intact.  He magnanimously left me with his cooking pot, and bid me farewell.

I Eventually ran south to meet up with Kilgore on SC 0-2  -- after IRL making myself an epic, 4-meat 3- cheese sandwich with mayo, two different mustards, onions, thinly sliced carrots, mushrooms, red and green romaine lettuce, and baby spinach.<<<< @Hicks_206 (DayZ)  I hope you are getting the hint, RE: Advanced Crafting Goals.

I met up with Kilgore near Zaprudnoe, and we ran down near Grishino in search of deer, or preferably cows, from which to make some tanned leather goods.  We ended up looting the airfield and foolhardily chasing about some deer, until we wisely decided to retrieve the barrel and move on. The barrel remained persistent for over a half hour on two separate occasions.  We found deer by Altar, and cows too. Kilgore killed the first two deer, so we planted the barrel and emptied out our inventories.  I ran south with my AUG, and killed five cows at once, in what I call a "Beefining," and Kilgore collected and tanned all the leather as I cooked all the meat.

As a sidenote: @Kohlbar Spotted us running out of Grishino with the green barrel, just moments before we achieved our tanning mission.

For the record, there is still a green barrel with tanning supplies and shotshells in it on Southcentral 0-2, roundabouts 073/ 059 as DayZdb has it.  I still have the tanned leather...

I got maybe two hours left in me as this post hits the page.  Don't hesitate to hop into the TS:  ts.welcometothejungledayz.com

Geared to the teeth? You guys were! Argh, still mad about the fact that I only kept finding ammo for your guns but not for mine. The most frustrating of all was that Luc was burning through his ammo shooting infected while I had to be careful and pick my shots carefully. Maybe they tweaked the AKM and 7.62x39mm spawns and instead are spawning more AK74, AKS and 5.45mm rounds.

2 hours ago, Zboub le meteor said:

i played a little bit more than 1 hour today, spawned near svetlo under some nasty rain. i was cold after looting the first two houses in svetlo, so i stopped a first time, got lucky enough to find matches and a knife. got rid of the cold status and looted houses/cars as fast as possible. when i reached the police station, i was freezing and starving, so i looted a few more houses and made another fire. no raincoats were found :( ... . i struggled so mutch with the rain that i had a hard time finding food, infected carried no loot either (1 can of soda and that's it on 10+ infected killed). i managed to get some apples to not die from starvation, just enought to run to the nearest town. i had to make another fire and get some more apples. rain all the fucking time !!!

it was barelly possible to survive and not so fun since you have to stop every 2 minutes to make a fire, loot some apples, be cold again, dry up, starve, get some apples, get cold etc... . if you can't find a raincoat, this kind of situation is very bad and there is not mutch you can do about it, you are doomed to go ahead at a snail pace until someone axe you while you're drying up. i would love to see working heatpacks in that situation. infected were not a threat at all, they mere mostly unresponsive. i had 2 crashed in 1 hour, more than in the two last iterations and fireplaces were not visible in my hand nor in the chimney before being lighted up.

loved the new models in the trello, can't wait to see them ingame, that backpack details are awsome !

Grab some seeds, a pickaxe, hoe, shovel, what ever and make a garden plot and plant some seeds. Make a fire under a tree and just wait until your food magically grows while you are cozy and stay dry and warm.

5 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Yeah it's ridiculous, you have more chance of finding a powerful gun, a magazine and the proper ammo at one of the military locations instead of looting towns or cities for civilian gun, magazines and ammo.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IMT said:

Grab some seeds, a pickaxe, hoe, shovel, what ever and make a garden plot and plant some seeds. Make a fire under a tree and just wait until your food magically grows while you are cozy and stay dry and warm.

good idea ! i still feel it's a little bit too mutch to have to make a fire and a garden 5 minutes after your spawn, when you should be looking for a backpack, a few rags and a melee. it remind me the brutal experience that 0.55 experimental was after 1week with barely anything new respawning (or was it 0.54 exp ?).

Well I did some testing of my own this afternoon.  I rely wanted a cherno or further west spawn but no luck there.  It would seem that the devs want us around Berezino.  Most of my spawns where in that sort of area.  I did get a couple of Electro spawns, 2 Berezhki, One Svet and skalisty Isld, but mainly around Berezino.  Zed agro is poor as I would have to run up and punch then to get them to chase me then kill me lol.  They don't break agro for far to long now a days.  If its raining when you spawn in forget it as you will die unless you find a coat quickly.  That will induce server hopping methinks.  The general loot seems to have reduced (I do think its current lvls would be good for final release/beta( Yes mil might be to much still at this moment in time)).  And I would like to find more loot in flats, high rises, the old prison and general all the other locations that loot used to spawn into.  I'm getting a bit board of searching the same old places for the same old items.  Although I do see a start in loot not always spawning into their good old locations.  I'm not sure if I will play .61 when it is released to stable if the loot stays at its current lvls.  I'm a bit of a kleptomaniac in the game and I don't feel that I will get long enough on .61 to for-fill that need lol. Plus I want to drive around not run around every where to do my collecting. I feel that I have done enough running around in the game all ready lol. It has been fun testing .61 exp looking forward to .62

37 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

There is maybe enough for 5 ppl, then there is none.

No the military loot is more then low, and stop hopping to other servers.

Joking, but its pretty low for the last few patches..

25 minutes ago, Zboub le meteor said:

good idea ! i still feel it's a little bit too mutch to have to make a fire and a garden 5 minutes after your spawn, when you should be looking for a backpack, a few rags and a melee. it remind me the brutal experience that 0.55 experimental was after 1week with barely anything new respawning (or was it 0.54 exp ?).

.54 was the persistence bugs, you know with massive loot explosions? it was easy to re create that for the devs....

errrr or was that .48?

Edited by sneakydude

22 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

ALICE isn't in this build - had a bit of confusion.

Coyote is, however.

New patch today boss?

17 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

There is maybe enough for 5 ppl, then there is none.

No the military loot is more then low, and stop hopping to other servers.

Joking, but its pretty low for the last few patches..

Not to my experience, also the loot respawn is pretty frequent (15 minute cycles I believe if nobody is in the area)

Does anyone actually know if the helo spawns have been fixed? Couple of patches ago they disappeared after a short time of being visible. Loot stayed there.

6 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Not to my experience, also the loot respawn is pretty frequent (15 minute cycles I believe if nobody is in the area)

Does anyone actually know if the helo spawns have been fixed? Couple of patches ago they disappeared after a short time of being visible. Loot stayed there.

Ill let you have all the military gear, you can... on that note

Gone Fishn'

6DE0C7A7CEF18C9A47100C7F3F7325C257AB8258

4 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

the spaming appletrees with f-key got a possible fix, didn't it?

if yes, i found a way to bypass it.

Post it in the feedback tracker, could be important.

Apple spamming fucks with server performance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Post it in the feedback tracker, could be important.

Apple spamming fucks with server performance.

i was going to as soon as someone confirmed this was supposed to be fixed.

will make it a private report, so not everyone abuses it again

10 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

i was going to as soon as someone confirmed this was supposed to be fixed.

will make it a private report, so not everyone abuses it again

No and if it was fixed, i broke it 5 seconds yesterday after new patch spawn.

My opinion its just a mechanic change, like the stone finding works fine. Maybe they want us to keep using it until they fully tweak with the hydration system.

Regen, all of that. I never did ask that question before. It will be fixed, it has to be the same code as looking for stones, and that works fine.

But i am not convinced the regen system is working exactly perfect yet. Stuffed, Bright green, Bright, or dull Green only regens blood, then stops all regen to the health.

Just saying if it was left in on purpose to keep us testing those other systems, which is fine by me.

Edited by sneakydude

9 hours ago, emuthreat said:

We run where the opportunity is.  Sometimes that means spending a couple hours getting healthy off of wolves, cows and deer, while stocking up on SKS, repeater, and blaze ammo, killing zombies and chickens with bow and arrow, and choosing the right time to make moves on big loot runs.

Right after a big rain is a great time to loot, being somewhat sure that most other players will be preoccupied with not freezing to death.

Contact me about this tomorrow perhaps, and we can do something about it.  if people are hopping EXp for PVP, we need to shut that shit down with prejudice.  Bring a cooking pot and a portable gas stove, not for human meat--unless we kill one hopper and capture his friend. On second thought, fuck it, bring handcuffs and bleach...

I will work as park ranger on your new server for $125 USD weekly.  You won't regret it.   Short of that, How about you hop into this TS that Riddler encourages us forum regulars to use to meet up and have successful experimental test runs.  There is almost always someone willing to play, though we are usually on 1pp servers. 

This is bullshit,  Git Guud.  Join the TS and come learn to play.  We promise to try an hold your gear until you make it back from your first two mistakes per day.  I'll even run a backpack to you in my hands, if you guarantee to stay online for at least two hours; no debt incurred, just happy to help.

Okay, okay... I will jump in the next time I am on. It is difficult sometimes with the wife and kids running around yelling at me :-) but I will get in. You guys can show me the ropes. I was able to get to a military base yesterday to the north, got some good gear and then headed south to meet my cousin. He was dying from no shoes and being attacked by zombies. However, I was able to get to him and we both made it back to the military base. We started to gear him up, on the way through the area we had an unfortunate meeting with another fully geared player. I only had time to shoot and it seemed so did he as we killed each other :-) I just did not know what he was going to do and since we came around the corner on each other, the only thing I could do was assume the worst. He response appeared to be the same as he was pulling out his shotgun as he ran by, he got off a good shot and killed me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Okay, okay... I will jump in the next time I am on. It is difficult sometimes with the wife and kids running around yelling at me :-)

Wouldn't it be in your best interest to get them yelling at you inside dayz? maybe put a stick in their hands and tell them to try and find you in the game???

just saying sometimes life can be good.

- and there is a mute button for some reason HAHA

One more thing on the improvised bow. The arrows goes straight through zeds, animals and players. They kill them nicely but you can see the puffs of smoke as they hit the underbrush behind them never to be found. When the crossbow and bow arrived arrows stuck to walls, trees and on bodies, please bring this back.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

No and if it was fixed, i broke it 5 seconds yesterday after new patch spawn.

at least the simple, "sit in front of a tree and spam f"-way isn't working for me anymore.

did you try it for apple trees or only for stones?

10 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

at least the simple, "sit in front of a tree and spam f"-way isn't working for me anymore.

did you try it for apple trees or only for stones?

Yup trees, and water worked the same way. Spam F

Stones work perfect, your blocked or canceled.

Tested, and SS for you

2DC33EBE397A233C92E3847161038CD18B122188

Edited by sneakydude

Hydration test. Going to puke get to 0

and post my same results on regen.

Health 4935, and blood 2490

cause i was using a fishing rod to kill Z

• Like 1

Give us a real gift :D, Enable in the game Groza or scout rifle 

dayz-steyr-scout-3d-model-preview-dayz-2

Obs:  enable scout rifle to use NATO SUPRESSOR.

Edited by kataro

47 minutes ago, kataro said:

Give us a real gift :D, Enable in the game Groza or scout rifle 

dayz-steyr-scout-3d-model-preview-dayz-2

Obs:  enable scout rifle to use NATO SUPRESSOR.

I think ALICE pack is more closely to be in-game than scout rifle xD

Bad news @Hicks_206 (DayZ), this never was a problem before.

3C77EA6DCA7508779C715B2249BDCAFCECC4FBA3

I was testing a few things, on low lvl crafts. Found a nice Trap, set it and 3/3 times sprain ankle while setting it.

Then you hear screams after your fixed up.... OH FUCK hahaha I love it. Got it on video.