Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136700

ANOTHER ONE? ANOTHER ONE! Lets see what we're looking at for this one:

- Adjustment of Arrow/Bolt damage output
- Fix for one method of stuck handslot
- Additional fix for desync'd view of other players equipment
- Adjustment to Infected FOV and Alert (Ongoing - not where we'd like it yet)
- Adjusted player spawns
- Added Coyote pack to loot spawns

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Infected alert state is very reduced - Aggro range / etc reduced
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 11

6751A654BE00D9704DA5244E82DAE65953EBEC4B

On my Pilgrimage run to Castle Black, i forgot to include.

2000+ Meters, i ran it a very long way and the infected kept up. I like how some attack, some don't but it is reducing a ton of desyncing i have noticed.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Added ALICE pack to loot spawns

And so my search begins.

• Like 1

Ooooh cool fam! Excited to go find an ALICE pack :D 

@Hicks_206 (DayZ), not sure if this a pressing fix for you guys, but I know a lot of us would like to know. Will the fruit trees spam bug be fixed in .61? I don't think I have to say how much more survival the game would be without those infinite resources.

• Like 1

You guys are on it with these updates... Great game and Great fun this .61 run of updates have been the most challenging and fun so far for me..... Met up with a player just before the servers went down. For the life of me I cant remember his name.. Something Sultan... If anyone wants to team up and run the map together hit me up on steam... Masprotech on there too....

• Like 2

Oh ALICE PACK! Can't wait to find it!

I hope the fix to the player spawns means a higher variation because I don't like it how it is atm just spawning between Cherno-Electro and at the beginning of svetlo :/

Had a very good experience yesterday playing on exp and had my first crash ever on 0.61 branch will report if game is still in mind to crash today! THANKS for this amazing update support on exp atm

5 minutes ago, Espa said:

Ooooh cool fam! Excited to go find an ALICE pack :D 

@Hicks_206 (DayZ), not sure if this a pressing fix for you guys, but I know a lot of us would like to know. Will the fruit trees spam bug be fixed in .61? I don't think I have to say how much more survival the game would be without those infinite resources.

i would say no, its helpfull to test without dying of starvation in 5 minutes.

later its enough time to balance those things

6 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

6751A654BE00D9704DA5244E82DAE65953EBEC4B

On my Pilgrimage run to Castle Black, i forgot to include.

2000+ Meters, i ran it a very long way and the infected kept up. I like how some attack, some don't but it is reducing a ton of desyncing i have noticed.

Oh yeah just let the zombie run near to you til he starts a attack animation and now you can run away and you will be faster than him :)

9 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Adjustment of Arrow/Bolt damage output

Nice!  I saw a number of crossbows spawning last patch but I had a hard time finding bolts.  Hopefully we see some more of them this time around.  For science, of course.

• Like 2

Has the update been pushed to steam yet? Ive never been at home when the updates come in and wanted to check this build out before having to return to work.

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Wolves and Coyotes confirmed.

No no its a name for a classic DayZ mod pack =P

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, wasnu said:

i would say no, its helpfull to test without dying of starvation in 5 minutes.

later its enough time to balance those things

I'm totally down if they have a fix for it when it hits Stable if they want to make things easy for Exp - I just want to see this done well and feel what its really like to be panicked for food haha

6 minutes ago, Espa said:

I'm totally down if they have a fix for it when it hits Stable if they want to make things easy for Exp - I just want to see this done well and feel what its really like to be panicked for food haha

it is not sooo easy to fix this type of bug because it is related to the animation system and the player controller. Will highly likely be fixed in 0.62 when they add these new systems I think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

No no its a name for a classic DayZ mod pack =P

Your joke detector is on the Fritz Senor Hix-u.

I know this Coyotes not the barking type. ;)

It's this one, seen on my back here:

PEJLk.jpg

• Like 4

This might be a super awesome update. Bow, Crossbow damage? is the distance, aim any better? will we be able to craft all kinds of arrows, and bolts soonish.

I love having more AI :) especially coyote's

Brian Hicks said, coyote's and with his 5 million dollars in the bank the rumors are true. Soon we will have airplanes too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Kaindl_AT said:

it is not sooo easy to fix this type of bug because it is related to the animation system and the player controller. Will highly likely be fixed in 0.62 when they add these new systems I think.

Status Reports have been very clear that 0.62 is a cosmetic update to Chernarus.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Your joke detector is on the Fritz Senor Hix-u.

I know this Coyotes not the barking type. ;)

It's this one, seen on my back here:

PEJLk.jpg

I was going to report this post for misleading me. I thought we had trucks and bikes in the game.

WTF biohaze? hehe

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Status Reports have been very clear that 0.62 is a cosmetic update to Chernarus.

ok than I forgot something to read but I think the part with the bug will only be fixed in combination when adding these new animation system is correct? isn't it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

- Adjusted player spawns

YES! I knew you guys would come around and add the NWAF tents player spawns! Such a good addition to the game!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jakon72 said:

YES! I knew you guys would come around and add the NWAF tents player spawns! Such a good addition to the game!

Totally! Infact we even gave it its own name on Steam!

Arma

• Like 15

Just one thing, more... ammo plz civ ammo. Not a lot just a few extra boxes in my backpack on player spawn loadouts.