Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

3 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

how long did you wait before you returned and checked the shed?

Not long, I've been struggling re-learning how to not die from from the environment. I've got my routine back together now though and will chuck one do something else and come back next chance I get.

Still disappointed I can't throw them at a tree and get them to lay on their side anymore. 

same here, throw an barrel with "g" looks lik the barrel is sinking under the map.

i didnt wait a while to see if it "respawns" in the shed where i found it.

will test it tommorow

21 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

i have found that barrels do not "despawn" but return to their point of origin. having placed a wool coat and helmet in a drum and moving it in a building near where i found it i logged out and waited about an hour and logged back in to discover that the barrel was not in the building, i searched the vicinity and found the barrel in the shed where it was originally discovered with its contents inside. Has this been discovered already and is there already a job ticket for it?

There is a ticket on the subject (maybe you did report it?): https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121192

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I guess you will see it in the logs but the server performance on "THE TEST" server was not good for the last 30 minutes or so. Everything was really choppy and I got stuck on nearly every door. Additionally my status indicators did not update. The status windows still said hydrated/energized but I did not regenerate any blood. I ate many cans and nothing changed. Relogging did not change anything.

A related question: should I post something like that to the tracker or is the forum good enough?

4 minutes ago, bingo_fuel said:

There is a ticket on the subject (maybe you did report it?): https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121192

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I guess you will see it in the logs but the server performance on "THE TEST" server was not good for the last 30 minutes or so. Everything was really choppy and I got stuck on nearly every door. Additionally my status indicators did not update. The status windows still said hydrated/energized but I did not regenerate any blood. I ate many cans and nothing changed. Relogging did not change anything.

A related question: should I post something like that to the tracker or is the forum good enough?

You're supposed post to the tracker, not sure about the new one but the old one was like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick and put me off. It should be available in game and I will continue to just post my random observations here.

10 minutes ago, bingo_fuel said:

i would put it on the feedbacktracker.

the not updating status is nearly like the old bug where you have to walk some meters without shoes to get it fixed, now you have to change your shoes to other shoes and it will be fixed.

strange...but worked for me

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

You're supposed post to the tracker, not sure about the new one but the old one was like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick and put me off. It should be available in game and I will continue to just post my random observations here.

8 minutes ago, wasnu said:

i would put it on the feedbacktracker.

the not updating status is nearly like the old bug where you have to walk some meters without shoes to get it fixed, now you have to change your shoes to other shoes and it will be fixed.

strange...but worked for me

Yeah you are right. Hicks said in the first post that they are searching for server performance issues/status not updating/stuttering while aiming and all of that was the case so I created a ticket.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Axe rarity would be irrelevant to fire making difficulty, a stone knife knife is all you need to get sufficient fire making supplies from a larger tree, get two bark, get a branch, split branch into thirds, make a hand drill and campfire, add remaining stick as attachment to the fire, cut and split more branches. If I'm planning on farming I don't carry an axe I carry two stone knives, one pristine one for cutting up pumpkins and animals , another (usually my first one from the beach) for cutting wood, rags, and opening cans.

In my experience so far burlap is plentiful also once you get away from the coast a little bit, was stripping down my bag for a run through NWAF the other day and was shocked that I had 5 burlap sacks that I guess I grabbed just because they were there.

I'm with you on the hypothermia, I had my solo cockroach playstyle so dialed in with the mild temp in .60 that I only died from glitches or breaking my own rules for shits a grins. A survival game should punish you for being impatient and now that's back!

I only logged in for a few minutes last night, couldn't get into it for whatever reason. In that few minutes I logged into mooing outside the barn I was in and was pretty stoked, I snuck out and peeked around the fence to see anther player sprinting crouched across the field. I don't think he noticed me but pretty sure he spooked the damn cows watched him go over the crest of a hill and then hightailed it in the opposite direction found some apple trees and got my stats back to neutral from my mad dash from the coast the day before and logged out. 

You are right with all your responses, but my point is, I want the early struggle to be longer.  That is the most enjoyable part for me. I even f11ed after I get leveled off.  The best experiences have happened in that zone. It sometimes doesn't happen. I guess I picked on the axe because you can just sit with long burning logs, without that there's more gameplay to hypothermia. How the hell can you even burn fresh wood from tree or bush? Picking sticks up on the forest floor makes more sense.

Bushes=long cooking stick, wet.

Tree=logs, wet, can be dried

forest floor=dry sticks

log piles by houses=dry logs

books everywhere, it's a apocalypse burn them up!

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Yup. You got it.  

Hehe, just checking the coordinates in the status monitor are correct. I noticed it was formatted [x, z, y] instead of [x, y, z].

21 hours ago, ori42 said:

Yeah they should increase range on the x-bow for sure. 

Nah.

In-game this bow is already shooting 100 m/s (328 ft/s). In reality it's only advertised to shoot 305 ft/s (93 m/s) with a light 350-gr arrow. Heavier arrows, slower (420 gr ≈ 85 m/s).

Not a long range weapon.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Coheed_IV said:

You are right with all your responses, but my point is, I want the early struggle to be longer.  That is the most enjoyable part for me. I even f11ed after I get leveled off.  The best experiences have happened in that zone. It sometimes doesn't happen. I guess I picked on the axe because you can just sit with long burning logs, without that there's more gameplay to hypothermia. How the hell can you even burn fresh wood from tree or bush? Picking sticks up on the forest floor makes more sense.

Bushes=long cooking stick, wet.

Tree=logs, wet, can be dried

forest floor=dry sticks

log piles by houses=dry logs

books everywhere, it's a apocalypse burn them up!

Fair enough, I think they're going to stay pretty gamey with tge fire mechanic though. I also agree with how dumb it looks on paper, I live somewhere mild and humid like Chenarus and good luck stating a fire without accelerants, dry kindling or moss, or what we call nookie wood the petrified sap veins you find in rotten evergeen stumps and logs. 

Did characters get wiped? Was just about to play when I noticed my guy wasn't on the main menu. Server information says no character currently alive. I find it unlikely that I was killed while logging out. Maybe it's a bug, so I'll try relogging when I connect, but I don't have high hopes.

EDIT

Oh, never mind. Seems fine. 

Interestingly when I was playing last night no matter how much I ate or drank I never got hydrated or energised or stuffed. Just logged in now, and I guess spamming at the water pump finally caught up with me because I am vomiting errywhar.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KingOfTime said:

-bio haze-

I am the bastard that shot you. That was my old hideout before the area was built up. My friend and I were dying of hypothermia, and we took the opportunity to live when it presented itself. Sorry for the bullets, but everyone else I ran into tried to murder me, and I thought you guys might be the same that I had to run from near Stary.

edit...cant figure out quote cause Im a dunce

Next time just ask.  You didn'thave to completely scrub the camp, either.

• Like 1

Some wildlife is in. Saw some deer tonight. 

Not all infected aggro when running or shooting takes place. Weird..

Servers were smooth for me and a mate. But for another it lagged like crazy. Desync continuously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Gews- said:

Hehe, just checking the coordinates in the status monitor are correct. I noticed it was formatted [x, z, y] instead of [x, y, z]

Are you sure? I played yesterday and im pretty sure it was xyz (x=west-east), (y=altitude), (z=north-south)

19 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Are you sure? I played yesterday and im pretty sure it was xyz (x=west-east), (y=altitude), (z=north-south)

Correct order, but I'm using "z" for altitude and "y" for North/South, so [x, z, y].

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Correct order, but I'm using "z" for altitude and "y" for North/South, so [x, z, y].

Yep grid coordinates are typically x=left/right y=up\down in two dimensions like looking at a map north up, z would be the third dimension depth/elevation. Way to stick it to math BI. 

I really hope the snaps, cracks, and whirring bullet sounds are on the must-fix before stable.

• Like 2

Just found  chainsaw before logging for the night, i Guess i shall have fun tomorrow with said chainsaw and infected hordes.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DaveB said:

Just found  chainsaw before logging for the night, i Guess i shall have fun tomorrow with said chainsaw and infected hordes.

I had one previously. You can one shot an infected if you can hit it's head otherwise it's about 3 hits before one goes down.

• Like 1

Is cooking possible on the current experimental builds?

It's been quite a while since I have played this in anger, but decided to give it a go. I did my usual survival malarkey with crafted backpack and a fishing rod. Caught fish (so that's still working) and killed a chicken (getting the fillets) then built a fire. All fine up to this point. Previously all you needed to do was provide fuel (wood) then light it and add the food to be cooked. There was a perfect time to remove the food; too early and it's still raw, too late and it's burnt. Now all food just gets ruined there seems to be no way to get it to a cooked state (and I have sat there watching the status changing). I tried using a frying pan thinking maybe it needs to cookware to stop it being ruined but I couldn't find a way to put the pan on the fire then the food in the pan.

TL;DR? Can you cook, and if so how?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

Is cooking possible on the current experimental builds?

It's been quite a while since I have played this in anger, but decided to give it a go. I did my usual survival malarkey with crafted backpack and a fishing rod. Caught fish (so that's still working) and killed a chicken (getting the fillets) then built a fire. All fine up to this point. Previously all you needed to do was provide fuel (wood) then light it and add the food to be cooked. There was a perfect time to remove the food; too early and it's still raw, too late and it's burnt. Now all food just gets ruined there seems to be no way to get it to a cooked state (and I have sat there watching the status changing). I tried using a frying pan thinking maybe it needs to cookware to stop it being ruined but I couldn't find a way to put the pan on the fire then the food in the pan.

TL;DR? Can you cook, and if so how?

you have to use an pan/cooking pot or an simple branch to cook food.

easiest way is cut an branch from an tree, put the meat on it and look with branch in your hands to the fire and you will get the option to grill your meet.

directly placed in the fireplace all things get ruined

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, wasnu said:

easiest way is cut an branch from an tree, put the meat on it and look with branch in your hands to the fire and you will get the option to grill your meet.

Thanks for that, I'd figured out that direct placing of food ruins it but I just couldn't figure out how else to cook it. I would NOT have thought of the stick so that advice is much appreciated.

I have tried to use the frying pan but no combination of dragging, dropping or right clicking seemed to allow me to add the raw food to it.

I presume that caught fish can also be cooked in the way you mention? I'll take it as a yes unless someone corrects me.

Out of interest does anyone have a video link for this? I've been looking but few people bother killing/cooking their own food and rely on loot and robbing corpses.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wasnu said:

Thank you for responding. I typed a whole message including some other quotes of people and had to relog. When I relogged my message was gone. :( But it was basically what you typed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

Thanks for that, I'd figured out that direct placing of food ruins it but I just couldn't figure out how else to cook it. I would NOT have thought of the stick so that advice is much appreciated.

I have tried to use the frying pan but no combination of dragging, dropping or right clicking seemed to allow me to add the raw food to it.

I presume that caught fish can also be cooked in the way you mention? I'll take it as a yes unless someone corrects me.

Out of interest does anyone have a video link for this? I've been looking but few people bother killing/cooking their own food and rely on loot and robbing corpses.

You'd be surprised with how many people play the hermit way. People just dont twitch it (or whatever is used today)  because well its not fun to look at. (Not that this old geezer gets the whole look at another play a game phenomenon)

Do the cooking attributes like; 

-tripod -frying pan -cooking pot

Do they even work?