Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

-bio haze-

I am the bastard that shot you. That was my old hideout before the area was built up. My friend and I were dying of hypothermia, and we took the opportunity to live when it presented itself. Sorry for the bullets, but everyone else I ran into tried to murder me, and I thought you guys might be the same that I had to run from near Stary.

edit...cant figure out quote cause Im a dunce

Edited by KingOfTime
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Coheed_IV said:

Well, I'm pretty excited about this patch!

200_s.gif

Quick constructive criticism, only because CLE really matters now.

I think axes should be much rarer.  They are so important to easy survival.  The problem is if you don't have a axe to get sticks from bushes, the forest floor is too unforgiving.  It's just one stick, they should be easy to find in the forest.  Easy access to sticks should be a way to battle hypothermia.   Right now you can cook a chicken with just a stone knife, and its much more of a struggle to do it without a axe, which is great. That period might not happen or is too quick though. 

This entry level period should last longer and could be expanded IMO. Less backpacks, less axes, less matches.  Then more burlap, high % finding sticks, more crap shirts for rope, way more books.

I loving hypothermia and the rain, except how fast you lose blood.  Other options to keep the rain off would be great, it should have a disadvantage of being really noticeable like a pink raincoat, maybe wearing a big blue tarp would be fun.

Incredible work devs!  .61 is going to be great.

PSA, if your not using the hotbar to reload, start, it's pretty awesome. Hotbar is functioning reliably!

Axe rarity would be irrelevant to fire making difficulty, a stone knife knife is all you need to get sufficient fire making supplies from a larger tree, get two bark, get a branch, split branch into thirds, make a hand drill and campfire, add remaining stick as attachment to the fire, cut and split more branches. If I'm planning on farming I don't carry an axe I carry two stone knives, one pristine one for cutting up pumpkins and animals , another (usually my first one from the beach) for cutting wood, rags, and opening cans.

In my experience so far burlap is plentiful also once you get away from the coast a little bit, was stripping down my bag for a run through NWAF the other day and was shocked that I had 5 burlap sacks that I guess I grabbed just because they were there.

I'm with you on the hypothermia, I had my solo cockroach playstyle so dialed in with the mild temp in .60 that I only died from glitches or breaking my own rules for shits a grins. A survival game should punish you for being impatient and now that's back!

I only logged in for a few minutes last night, couldn't get into it for whatever reason. In that few minutes I logged into mooing outside the barn I was in and was pretty stoked, I snuck out and peeked around the fence to see anther player sprinting crouched across the field. I don't think he noticed me but pretty sure he spooked the damn cows watched him go over the crest of a hill and then hightailed it in the opposite direction found some apple trees and got my stats back to neutral from my mad dash from the coast the day before and logged out. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Killed some wolves finally.

emuthreat and I killed all but 1 from a pack and got shot friendly like but survived.

Shortly after that everything went downhill.

Throughout the session I told him to mind the rain, and told him to take the first (yellow) raincoat we found but he insisted Gorka pants and running would be enough.

You were wrong!

Here's emu dying while roasting his butt.

p4Ab32O.jpg

After stashing emu's stuff with Brooks, we hunkered down in a mil tent to eat and heal. That's when the last wolf sought revenge. We heard the howling close in for quite a long time. It kept circling our tent and eventually when Brooks ran out it pounced on his back. I winged it, Brooks finished it off, and then logged out shortly afterwards.

Left here in the tent alone, I was nearly healed and decided to wait the last minutes until emu arrived. Soon after he arrived he began piling on his old gear again and we merely prattled on as if we hadn't a care in the world. Bang, blood squirts from the right side of my head and I fall to my left in a pretty graphic depiction of my demise and I am dead.... emu runs out in a panic and is gunned down as well.

My first run in with KoS in a long time and I really blame myself.

Our location and the length of time spent there was certainly pressing my luck.

After spawning near Tulga I immediately found a Taloon backpack and Sporter with a nearly full 30 round mag and began the trudge North, once more....

-bio haze-

I am the bastard that shot you. That was my old hideout before the area was built up. My friend and I were dying of hypothermia, and we took the opportunity to live when it presented itself. Sorry for the bullets, but everyone else I ran into tried to murder me, and I thought you guys might be the same that I had to run from near Stary.

edit...cant figure out quote cause Im a dunce

16 minutes ago, KingOfTime said:

Sorry for the bullets, but everyone else I ran into tried to murder me,

*You should know you killed someone who NEVER Ko'S's.

And every time I am KoS'd I do not run to seek revenge in some fashion.

After 41/2 years of being spawn sniped or being shot at for the crime of checking my compass, the sting doesn't last long.

No need to make excuses for being a murderer. Everyone tries to justify passing the grief potato but you had no way of knowing who we were or what our motivations were without verbal or text interaction, which you were too cowardly to attempt.

You always have a choice, it's always "your story".

In this case, your story wasn't very creative or sophisticated (IMO) but you managed to get some fast and cheap gear. I hope you lived on, warm and dry, with maybe a hint of my innocent blood still lingering on my collar/your mind.

Anyway, YOLO Experimental, all lives are sacrificed to the all powerful hive data GodZ, ready to eternally wipe all our ass, Amen.

(*emu thought we were killed by 1 man for the record. He never saw more than 1 person after running out)

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

*You should know you killed someone who NEVER Ko'S's.

And every time I am KoS'd I do not run to seek revenge in some fashion.

After 41/2 years of being spawn sniped or being shot at for the crime of checking my compass, the sting doesn't last long.No need to make excuses for being a murderer.

Everyone tries to justify passing the grief potato but you had no way of knowing who we were or what our motivations were without verbal or text interaction, which you were too cowardly to attempt.

You always have a choice, it's always "your story".

In this case, your story wasn't very creative or sophisticated (IMO) but you managed to get some fast and cheap gear. I hope you lived on, warm and dry, with maybe a hint of my innocent blood still lingering on my collar/your mind.

Anyway, YOLO Experimental, all lives are sacrificed to the all powerful hive data GodZ, ready to eternally wipe all our ass, Amen.

(*emu thought we were killed by 1 man for the record. He never saw more than 1 person after running out)

We barely survived, I am typically the hero but years of being shot has changed me. It should make you happy that I ruined your sweet helm, and couldnt take it with me. For the record it was 2 clean headshots, with an extra to the body by my friend. I was kind of dumbfounded that the windows to the tent were open

Edited by KingOfTime

8 minutes ago, KingOfTime said:

We barely survived, I am typically the hero but years of being shot has changed me. It should make you happy that I ruined your sweet helm, and couldnt take it with me.

The helm was emuthreats.

If you have moved over to the dark side and KoS, you have lots and lots of company.

I do not believe I ever will and if all of my friends here decided to do so when I played with them, I would go lone wolf again.

I know I'm in the minority but I also know I die less, in a survival game.

P.S.: I do appreciate you coming forward. It's always interesting to hear the other side.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

The helm was emuthreats.

If you have moved over to the dark side and KoS, you have lots and lots of company.

I do not believe I ever will and if all of my friends here decided to do so when I played with them, I would go lone wolf again.

Its funny, were you just some randos I wouldnt care so much, but Ive been watching you guys post forever now and kind of wish I hadnt taken the shot lol. I dont always KoS, but that night we decided we were a death squad. My apologies. Perhaps in another life we will meet again, with less lead involved.

edit: I also lone wolf most of the time...spend a lot of time fishing/reading/hiding.

Edited by KingOfTime
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

The helm was emuthreats.

Respek brother, I chose not to pull the trigger on a guy in my crosshairs yet again last night even though 90% of the player base wouldn't do the same.

In my 1500 or so hours I've killed less than a dozen other player all in self defense, because that's my story.

• Like 6

Has anyone seen it raining in any other buildings? I was in a 2 story building when it started to light rain and while I was upstairs it was coming through the roof but after it started raining harder it stopped raining through the roof.

1k4r5F3.jpg 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Has anyone seen it raining in any other buildings?

Yes, emuthreat took a pic of it raining in one of the newer barracks buildings, I'm not sure if he reported it anywhere.

@KingOfTime I kept thinking to close the windows on the tent but never voiced my concern or took the initiative, definitely another poor choice on my behalf.

Can someone test something for me? Carry some unpacked nails in your hand and attack a infected and let me know if it goes down in 3 shots or if it takes more. I attacked a infected when a box full of nails and it took a lot (about 10) hits to kill it but after unpacking the nails I was able to kill another infected with just 3 hits.

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yes, emuthreat took a pic of it raining in one of the newer barracks buildings, I'm not sure if he reported it anywhere.

@KingOfTime I kept thinking to close the windows on the tent but never voiced my concern or took the initiative, definitely another poor choice on my behalf.

idk if it wouldve mattered too much, from a distance the door is invisible, and i could see you in the tent as long as I didnt zoom in

Edited by KingOfTime
  • Like 1

My new thing is throwing a flash bang when my friends aren't paying attention and simply saying "flash bang" right before it goes off.

That's if I'm bored and feeling antsy, or want to spook someone....

As reported prior, the flash bang no longer flashes or creates the ears ringing.

In fact, I've always thought the flash bang sounds like someone kicking the side of a dumpster, albeit a hard kick, it's the sound of a dumpster being kicked nonetheless.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Has anyone seen it raining in any other buildings? I was in a 2 story building when it started to light rain and while I was upstairs it was coming through the roof but after it started raining harder it stopped raining through the roof.

1k4r5F3.jpg 

its an gafics bug, you see rain inside buildings but you will not get wet.

same bug is in .60 stable.

relogg will fix it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

My new thing is throwing a flash bang when my friends aren't paying attention and simply saying "flash bang" right before it goes off.

That's if I'm bored and feeling antsy, or want to spook someone....

As reported prior, the flash bang no longer flashes or creates the ears ringing.

In fact, I've always thought the flash bang sounds like someone kicking the side of a dumpster, albeit a hard kick, it's the sound of a dumpster being kicked nonetheless.

I can verify this, wasn't paying attention because I was preparing to run if it agrod the infected I threw it at. Now that I think about it though it was a thud sound but I was too far away to get flashed or ears ringing.

Do they still damage pants and shoes if you get them close enough?

Edited by BCBasher

7 hours ago, DaveB said:

From what i observed, the packed modifier stand for stuffed.

That would make sense indeed.

44 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Do they still damage pants and shoes if you get them close enough?

Yes, I believe they do.

Someone else placed one too close to someone else last week and it damaged stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yes, I believe they do.

Someone else placed one too close to someone else last week and it damaged stuff.

It would be beyond me doing solo but maybe your group could try hitting an infected with multiple ones to see if you can kill it. I got absolutely no reaction with one but I can't say it didn't take damage.  

22 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

It would be beyond me doing solo but maybe your group could try hitting an infected with multiple ones to see if you can kill it. I got absolutely no reaction with one but I can't say it didn't take damage.  

The same night you posted about your aggro experiments using a flash bang I had also done some testing myself.

I landed 3 flash bangs within close range of an infected and it merely stopped in it's tracks for a bit before continuing normally.

I had no indication that it took damage but it might have.

A very long time ago, I believe someone went through the trouble of killing an infected with empty cans. I think it took 100's of throws....

rhQW18a.jpg

SU4G0vX.jpg

Here's a couple brightened up shots from the experiment. I had also peppered the scenery with different colored smoke grenades to see what the infected did.... which was not much.

I kept one flash bang and decided to finish him with a frag grenade, crumpled like a cheap suit.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

The same night you posted about your aggro experiments using a flash bang I had also done some testing myself.

I landed 3 flash bangs within close range of an infected and it merely stopped in it's tracks for a bit before continuing normally.

I had no indication that it took damage but it might have.

A very long time ago, I believe someone went through the trouble of killing an infected with empty cans. I think it took 100's of throws....

rhQW18a.jpg

Here's a brightened up shot from the experiment. I had also peppered the scenery with different colored smoke grenades to see what the infected did.... which was not much.

I kept one flash bang and decided to finish him with a frag grenade, crumpled like a cheap suit.

Interesting, The infected that i hit also stopped dead in his tracks at the spot where it went off yet the surrounding ones seemed to slowly migrate towards it for a bit before they went back to their unaware wander behavior. Between that and them seemingly migrating towards me hidden but close I think they're showing some clear signs of different awareness levels. I believe it was mentioned some time ago that they were planned to be able simulate "smelling" you or some sort of in between awareness state, very nice!

• Like 2

i have found that barrels do not "despawn" but return to their point of origin. having placed a wool coat and helmet in a drum and moving it in a building near where i found it i logged out and waited about an hour and logged back in to discover that the barrel was not in the building, i searched the vicinity and found the barrel in the shed where it was originally discovered with its contents inside. Has this been discovered already and is there already a job ticket for it?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

i have found that barrels do not "despawn" but return to their point of origin. having placed a wool coat and helmet in a drum and moving it in a building near where i found it i logged out and waited about an hour and logged back in to discover that the barrel was not in the building, i searched the vicinity and found the barrel in the shed where it was originally discovered with its contents inside. Has this been discovered already and is there already a job ticket for it?

I've been picking up and throwing most that I come across and they go poof as soon as they leave my hands, I've been doing it right out side the shed I find them in and when I turn around they have not returned. 

how long did you wait before you returned and checked the shed?

Edited by koffeekage

4 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I've been picking up and throwing most that I come across and they go poof as soon as they leave my hands, I've been doing it right out side the shed I find them in and when I turn around they have not returned. 

how long did you wait before you returned and checked the shed?