Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

hello !

Today I started fishing in experimental  and what I caught was... hilarous !!

702833201611132206031.jpg

a pair of wellies !

nice !

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

When I was standing in the bush, the pack actually walked past me. Perhaps if I had been squatting down, they would never have stopped? The closest wolf was facing almost directly away from me. I may have imagined it, but he appeared to make a sniffing animation, before he turned towards me and attacked.

So, I don.t know if he smelled me, or he just happened to turn in my direction and saw me, or if by turning my head, I made a noise.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Arma2/3 modding but I've done a fair bit, I'm assuming SA is still taking from that. The AI has a view cone and hearing radius with a base effectiveness modified by skill stats. A second radius (or directional if wind heading is dynamic) based sense emulating smell would be how I'd personally implement additional target acquisition methods.

I was full on wanting to kill the wolves at the time so I didn't try anything to avoid or get them to forget about me, I think now I have a goal.  

• Like 1

The random opening doors bug is back in EXP. 

Was in dolina today, everything looked as in poltergeist with all the doors opening and closing around me lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Arma2/3 modding but I've done a fair bit, I'm assuming SA is still taking from that. The AI has a view cone and hearing radius with a base effectiveness modified by skill stats. A second radius (or directional if wind heading is dynamic) based sense emulating smell would be how I'd personally implement additional target acquisition methods.

I was full on wanting to kill the wolves at the time so I didn't try anything to avoid or get them to forget about me, I think now I have a goal.  

Is this a pernicious attempt by the devs to force us to the East side of the map (so that we are always down wind of the wolves)?

I'll have to head up to Novo and see if I end up as dog food up there, too.

• Like 2

Anybody else notice they nerfed the long wooden stick? Used to be a 1 hit kill in the head for zombie and people but it seems to take 6-7 hits now.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2016 at 0:42 PM, emuthreat said:

To be honest Basher, I don't think anyone else would try to RUIN such a fine pelt by tanning it.  For shame...

I've been around Novo a few times so far and haven't heard or seen any there. I'm going to try my luck on skaltisy now that infected spawn there. If there are dogs there it'll be a nice closed ecosystem to observe them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kohlbar said:

Anybody else notice they nerfed the long wooden stick? Used to be a 1 hit kill in the head for zombie and people but it seems to take 6-7 hits now.

I have still been able to one-hit some zombies to the head with the wooden stick, but I've been unable to figure out how to do it consistently. I've always assumed that sneak attacks (before the zombie aggro's) dealt more damage but lately I haven't always found that to be the case.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, plasteek said:

I have still been able to one-hit some zombies to the head with the wooden stick, but I've been unable to figure out how to do it consistently. I've always assumed that sneak attacks (before the zombie aggro's) dealt more damage but lately I haven't always found that to be the case.

Yeah same, I've got a couple one-hit kills but I think it's mostly when I get a free stab in the back of the head. Haven't had much PvP with a stick so I can't tell if they changed that.

Recently I've had 2 friends die because they couldn't tell they are being shot without the snap sounds. All the sounds are great but the snaps are some of my favorite ugh it's frustrating!!!

• Like 1

I got into a bit of a dust-up at the Tisy base today.  I was running with a buddy, and we spotted a player on top of the new two-story building by the statue in the middle of the base.  I managed to get into the building while Traveler kept a scope on the roof, After a bit of crouch-walking around, I coaxed the guy on the roof to scoot slightly out of cover.
We decided that I should breech the roof door just as he fired on the exposed player camping the roof.  It appeared to be a clean headshot, as I opened the door and turned to see another player laying down with an AKM.

I de-synched to the point that I had to open the door and rush to my impending doom three times, which may have saved my life in all the confusion.  I peppered the player and circled around him as my legs broke, and I trained my bullets at him as I fell unconscious. 
A couple minutes later, I was being bandaged and force-fed, but would not wake up.  I lay there, unconscious on that rooftop for nearly ten minutes, as he ran around the base looking for saline or epinephrine.  I woke up to 1650 blood and 3600 health, and we high-tailed it out of there, laden with the excess guns and ammo from the two hapless campers.

The de-synch was real.  That is twice in two days that navigating a door fouled my gameplay in a more than minor way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koffeekage said:

Has anyone seen Motor-vehicles?

if i am not wrong hicks said, vehicles are disabled in this patch cause of the problems they have with desync.

7 hours ago, plasteek said:

6 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Yeah same, I've got a couple one-hit kills but I think it's mostly when I get a free stab in the back of the head. Haven't had much PvP with a stick so I can't tell if they changed that.

Recently I've had 2 friends die because they couldn't tell they are being shot without the snap sounds. All the sounds are great but the snaps are some of my favorite ugh it's frustrating!!!

Try hitting them on the forehead. It might not work everytime but I noticed hitting them there with a .22 is a guaranteed kill, lower they will/might survive. And I think sneak attacks indeed do more damage. I have one-shotted infected before they could they aggro by running up to them fast and hitting them fast in the back of the head with the axe.

I appreciate that close combat is a real nightmare to code, but it has been a problem for DayZ even from the early mod days. 

That said, I was trapped upstairs with a zombie armed only with a sharp pointed stick. It was far from ideal but I did manage to get a hit in and the zombie dropped to the floor and started crawling after me. Repeated sharp stick blows to the head (now a far easier target to aim for) seemed to do nothing; blood was shown but after 5 or 6 of these I had to give up due to another zombie getting agro'ed.

A minor bug update - hold breath is not doing anything at the moment. I hope they look into it, because the natural weapon sway is too much at the moment without being tired.

I played for while at weekend and things that were buggy for me are:

-Foot steps sound in 3rd person is strange. Sometimes i feel like those are not mine steps but someone's else. I dont play 3rd person normaly and i remember that because of it i was tripping in police building for like 15 min because i was sure there is someone else there too.

-We were shooting guys in police station in Novy Sobor with my friend. I was in green 2 story builidng that is exactly in front ( on the other side of road ) of police station main entrance  and my friend was in almost same looking red building on my right. When he was shooting guy at side entrance to police station with his CR527 i could not hear any shots. He did fire 2-3 times. I have video of it but its all black because of some bug with either dayz or nvidia experience.

- I was in Vybor and i run in to some guy and we started gun fight in the middle of field and he just combat logged after i hit him. He logged of instantly. I was sure that player stay ingame for some short time after logging off. Dunno if thats bug or not.

- Picking loot from dead bodies or ground sometimes is really buggy. You cant pick up some stuff because it seems u already did but server didnt sync with inventory that player can see etc. Relogging helps but not always.

- Sometimes items in Your hands bugs out. It looks like they are empty but You cant pick up guns or anything from ground. Throwing with "g" helps there but its still bug i guess.

- Pistol silencers that someone already mentioned but maybe its because of condition of silenceer? badly dmg vs pristine one can somone confirm that both are not working? or maybe just badly damaged ones?

Can anyone please tell me did they fix scope's rectangle ( adjusted scope image to fit screen perfectly ) and did they fix rangefinders?

I had an incident fumbling hot keys on my way from Svet to the the south east point and ended up dead, between Berizino and Solchiny right on the highway. I got a spawn right on the point and rushed back to see if I could loot my corpse. I didn't find my body but pretty sure I found the guy who did, couldn't understand him so I got back on with my plan. I found everything I needed to grow pumpkins around the point which aside from getting stuffed was part of my plan to survive the swim I was planning now that I'd lost the wolf steaks I was going to use. I swam to the little Island with trees just off the point below Tulga and got a fire going to warm and dry me from the short swim and heat some pumpkin slices to keep in my pockets for the long swim to Skalatisty. Step one went well but by half way to the big Island I knew I was in trouble, the water is very cold for swimming this time of year. I chose to wear a full green paramedic uniform because I hadn't come across anything waterproof and was full hypothermic by the time I landed on the other side even with the hot pumpkin in my pockets. I really figured I was done for but gave it a go shooting for the nearest flat spot with bushes close by to get a fire going, totally missed the infected lurking so now I'm dying of hypothermia and getting beat on by a zombie. Killed him with my pick axe and got that fire going and kept feeding it sticks, after what seemed like forever my wife called and did her usual ask me if I'm "winning" and I explained yet again no one wins DayZ you just try to take longer to loose and at that moment my status went from the dreaded red "hypothermia" to a beautiful brown "freezing" and the dying stopped at 340 health and 1200 blood.

So now that I'm there I can say if you can make it or spawn there Skalatisy is a wonderful infected shooting gallery with a fine selection civilian firearms and ammo and enough powdered milk to support two or more survivors. I had to have killed more than 30 with a magum and mosin and although I'm finding it hard to believe there ever would have been that many people there but I'd say the respawning infected is working pretty smooth, haven't see one pop out of nowhere and saw signs that the AI's eyesight diminishes at night. I feel like Will Smith in "I am legend" with my own little zombie lab now.     

• Like 4

my 3rd person char is on skalisty and there are many other players lurking around on that island.

yesterday i was sitting in the bushes of an low pop server and counted 8 "hoppers" in 2 hours.

it´s like kamenka now, many traffic over there.

keep your eyes open ;)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

...and saw signs that the AI's eyesight diminishes at night.

They are ptetty short-sighted during day as well. I passed them crouched some 20m or less during day. during night they dont see me from 5m or less when proned and 10m when crouched.

• Like 1

Yeah. it can be dangerous to take a swim now for sure and get soacked. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wasnu said:

my 3rd person char is on skalisty and there are many other players lurking around on that island.

yesterday i was sitting in the bushes of an low pop server and counted 8 "hoppers" in 2 hours.

it´s like kamenka now, many traffic over there.

keep your eyes open ;)

I haven't seen even a sign of anyone and I'm sitting at 300 health waiting for by blood to come back, should make any encounters extra tense.  

• Like 1

Having an issue with my character reverting to a female. Ive tried changing it but it keeps going back to the female character

12 minutes ago, Masprotech said:

Having an issue with my character reverting to a female. Ive tried changing it but it keeps going back to the female character

Mine was set to random after I updated, you have to pick your character and I think "apply" or it goes back to random. 

• Like 1

Got a chance to play experimental over the weekend. Logged in and started collecting gear. I found a pitchfork but couldn't put it on my back or the ground so I ran around with the pitchfork in my hands until I found a shovel. I had some seeds so thinking I would eventually do some farming I tried to put down the pitchfork and take the shove. No luck. I had to log out and log back in to find the pitchfork on the ground and then I could pick up the shovel, which of course I could not put down or put on my back. About this time I ran into another player who said 'hello'. I said 'hello' back and moved towards him but he must have interpreted my shovel in hand as a threat and took off. I went into a house, saw a pistol and tried to put the shovel on the ground. Eventually I ended up pressing 'G'. The shovel flew away and I was suddenly laying down, half submerged in the floor. I couldn't crouch or stand up. I could 'swim' around though and swam up to the shovel but couldn't take it. I did notice more infected and more varieties of same so things look promising. I'll try again this evening and see what happens.