SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

Ok guys Im having massive issues trying to load dayz.  i keep getting the following error

"ERROR CREATING ENFUSION ENGINE, POSSIBLE ERRORS:

GPU NOT SUPPORTED

GPU DRIVERS NOT ACTUALIZED

DIRECTX BROKEN

OTHER KIND OF ERROR.

I have an i5 4670k

Evga gtx 980TI

windows 10 Genuine.

I have deleted and reinstalled dayz.

I have deleted the gpu driver and reinstalled.

I have removed Geeforce experience and reinstalled

still does not work, please help

5 hours ago, donkennedy01 said:

still does not work, please help

Why does everyone want troubleshooting help in any forum but troubleshooting? 

Well, you're here now... Only thing you haven't done is repaired / reinstalled directX. I can't recall if dayz needs a redist version of directx... Did it give you an option to install directx redist and you declined it by chance? 

I know we used to have that issue with another game- people thought since they already had the latest version of directX they would decline it and not be able to get the game running. Once they installed it, it worked. With that said- it's the only thing you haven't fixed / reinstalled so if it were me that's what I would be doing next... making sure I had the right redist (if needed) or reinstalling directx.

Edited by eno
  • Like 1

Ok I like it that you get hot when you are running around.  But the cool down could be quicker on it.  I'm constantly soaked just to stop overheating.  And it took me 40 mins to get from hyperthermic down to normal temp when I was drenched, walking and naked.  I hope they look into this as it is a constant battle to regulate temperature. Yes running makes you hot/overheat yourself, jogging would just make you hot and when walking you cool down and if wet you cool down very quickly. These are just my thoughts.

I do hope barrels make a reappearance in .61 so I can start stashing things again as there are to many tents and they are easy to spot from a distance when put up. I have only 3 so far after quite a few hours searching.

• Like 1

My military tent from 2 weeks ago is still there, still full of left over stuff and a machine gun. The only thing I noticed is, when I put that tent up, the door was facing west, but it went up with the door facing east, now the door is facing west. I've never seen a tent spin, must have been high winds.

1 hour ago, Excanto said:

My military tent from 2 weeks ago is still there, still full of left over stuff and a machine gun. The only thing I noticed is, when I put that tent up, the door was facing west, but it went up with the door facing east, now the door is facing west. I've never seen a tent spin, must have been high winds.

Tents seem to be reorientating during the restarts... Makes things problematic if you're placing civ tents inside car tents.

Hey on another note... I notice they have apparently fixed ammo boxes and pouches... vehicle persistence too by chance?

1 hour ago, eno said:

Hey on another note... I notice they have apparently fixed ammo boxes and pouches... vehicle persistence too by chance?

I wonder if Gorka helmets are more common now as well then haha.

• Like 1

Anyone want to see some freaky $heiot?  On a public server go to any heli crash or vehicle spawn point then logout.  Log into US public server TX 2-3.  All crash sites are bugged and appear as multiple helicopters. If you go to vehicle spawn points you will see some crazy stacking of automobiles.  You cannot wonder around freely because it will rubberband you back to your starting location but if you jog about 10 or 15 steps then stop and wait 10 or 15 seconds for the server to catch up, you can inch-worm closer to the attraction. The server has some mad lag and it’s been like this for over a week now.  I don’t know who to inform to fix it and don’t care much because it has provided me with some unusual screen shots and videos.  All these photos are from different crash sites.  Helicopters and police cars do not spawn loot but derivable vehicles do spawn with car parts and tools.

SCREENSHOTS HERE 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

there's servers with no crosshair.  woodlands is one.

I'm sayin it doesn't belong in the game in general. Kinda a dumb mechanic when it basically lets you know exactly when to shoot by how it pans over players bodies.

17 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

there's servers with no crosshair.  woodlands is one.

sorry, got name wrong - server is called northwoods.  didn't notice til @kohlbar replied.

Edited by Red_Ensign

On 7/16/2016 at 9:40 PM, Kohlbar said:

Ok seriously can hip-fire crosshairs stop being a thing in this game? isn't that kinda the point that hip-fire is reserved for panicked spray and pray moments where you dont know exactly where you're going to hit? It's just extremely  frustrating because sometimes hip-fire is more accurate because it sort of "locks on" players when it pans over them, letting you know exactly when to shoot. Whereas with the ADS, that decision is left up to you. I'M SALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Damn, fair enough. I must admit I like having a crosshair, it's just I stumbled upon a guy the other day and took the time to aim down sights, hitting him twice, when he suddenly pulls up and instantly hip-fire locks onto my head and kills me instantly. Sure the crosshair is nice but does it really have to have a fucking auto-lock feature...? Don't pretend like it's not an autolock feature either because it lets you know when you're gonna hit 95% of the time

Edit: I even talked to the guy in PM afterward and he said himself it was dumb luck and that the hip-fire is overpowered

Edited by Kohlbar

Well... Running along the northern edge of the Severograd mine I glitched under the rocks and died. Fuck this for awhile. 

53 minutes ago, eno said:

Well... Running along the northern edge of the Severograd mine I glitched under the rocks and died. Fuck this for awhile. 

Rocks are proving as deadly as barn stairs these dayZ.

• Like 1

Kohlbar, there is no such thing as hipfiring in Dayz. The player takes aim with the gun as soon as you raise it. The only difference is your perspective - either thru ADS or not. And there is no auto-lock feature either, can't tell if you are joking or being delusional. It isn't overpowered either and at least a general reticule isn't wrong either, as it is fairly easy IRL to tell where your bullets will go without ADSing for like 20-30m. You could defo sitll hit a player sized target at that range imo.

What's a bit overpowered perhaps are those 2 movement abuses that can be done with the reticule as well as how relatively easy it is to aim dead center. But none of that is here to stay I believe.

Barrel persistence update.

A couple weeks ago I posted a comment on my experiences with a few barrels I’ve stashed and I just wanted to give an update on their status.  Each of these barrels had one common item placed inside them, were positioned on separate public servers and had no interaction except to view them in the vicinity window.

2 Barrels stashed on the 20th June

3 Barrels stashed on the 25th

3 Barrels stashed on the 29th

3 Barrels stashed on the 1st July

All barrels still there with no inventory change.  I will continue to update until they are stolen or despawn.  I know this is kind of a dead topic but I’m simply documenting my experiment for those who may find it interesting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Kohlbar, there is no such thing as hipfiring in Dayz. The player takes aim with the gun as soon as you raise it. The only difference is your perspective - either thru ADS or not. And there is no auto-lock feature either, can't tell if you are joking or being delusional. It isn't overpowered either and at least a general reticule isn't wrong either, as it is fairly easy IRL to tell where your bullets will go without ADSing for like 20-30m. You could defo sitll hit a player sized target at that range imo.

What's a bit overpowered perhaps are those 2 movement abuses that can be done with the reticule as well as how relatively easy it is to aim dead center. But none of that is here to stay I believe.

Being delusional? So I guess it's just normal that you can pull off a 150m instakill with a mp5 by timing when the crosshair "twitches" over the person's body. I know it'd be easy to tell at about 20-30m, but that dead center thing is exactly what i'm talking about. Look at the crosshair closely when it pans over a zombie or a person's body, it'll twitch and snap onto their body. Many players get so used to this that they know exactly when to shoot just by timing the crosshair, and it usually ends up being a heavy hit to the torso or head, not broken arm, especially if you aim it from 50+ meters away.

6 hours ago, Buakaw said:

It is overpowered. You can hit consistently at hundreds of meters. I made an example here:

I agree that the idea of a crosshair in general isn't necessarily bad.

However the character does not automatically "take aim", your camera position defines this. Sure, arguably no "hip fire" because his gun is usually shouldered, but his eyes aren't looking down the sights either. He's usually just pointing it.

• Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:04 PM, Judged_Guitly said:

Anyone want to see some freaky $heiot?  On a public server go to any heli crash or vehicle spawn point then logout.  Log into US public server TX 2-3.  All crash sites are bugged and appear as multiple helicopters. If you go to vehicle spawn points you will see some crazy stacking of automobiles.  You cannot wonder around freely because it will rubberband you back to your starting location but if you jog about 10 or 15 steps then stop and wait 10 or 15 seconds for the server to catch up, you can inch-worm closer to the attraction. The server has some mad lag and it’s been like this for over a week now.  I don’t know who to inform to fix it and don’t care much because it has provided me with some unusual screen shots and videos.  All these photos are from different crash sites.  Helicopters and police cars do not spawn loot but derivable vehicles do spawn with car parts and tools.

SCREENSHOTS HERE 

I've seen that one more than one server (one called GregsServer springs to mind). Incidentally, for you hopeful types, even if you can overcome the insane rubberbanding, none of those multiple crashsites has any loot.

what's going on with inventory today?  I just logged back in after work (2 hours since last logging in on break) and stacks of ammo that weren't full are now full and things that weren't pristine are now pristine.

I mean... thanks for making my 2 rounds of .308 into 20, but...

[edit]  ok logged in again and everything went back to the way it was.  so... never mind.  go home, game - you're drunk.

Edited by Red_Ensign
  • Like 1

I hope boars get melee attacks.

Considering they are not typically defenseless animals and are already in a game where prey animals can attack, they should be able to tear you up with tusks in close quarters.

Goats should also have a chance to ram you, deer to gore you with antlers, and most of the behooved animals should have a chance to buck with their back legs if you horse around behind them.

A cornered or injured fox might bark, growl, or snap, I've even seen some aggressive roosters in my day....

• Like 1

Nice video, dude. Got a big thumbs up from me. Static crosshairs were freakin' awesome because they were only effective when the player wasn't in sway, and they didn't tell people exactly where they would hit. I don't know why they made them dynamic and I don't know why it took me until now to be so annoyed by it. Just my two cents static crosshairs are better.

26 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

Nice video, dude. Got a big thumbs up from me. Static crosshairs were freakin' awesome because they were only effective when the player wasn't in sway, and they didn't tell people exactly where they would hit. I don't know why they made them dynamic and I don't know why it took me until now to be so annoyed by it. Just my two cents static crosshairs are better.

And not to mention, they look better as well. Not so important, but for a game that used to be going for a minimalist UI the elaborate, distracting, highly visible dynamic crosshair seems strange.

Something that really bugs me—in the game files there were different crosshairs for different weapons. For example, a rifle crosshair, a shotgun crosshair (larger, less precise), a pistol crosshair, etc.

A crosshair is supposed to represent where you are pointing something, no? So, to take one example: why would pointing a shotgun be less precise than pointing a rifle? Or for that matter, a stick? Why do they get different crosshairs? It's pointing. It's the same thing. And more so than many rifles, most shotguns are designed for natural pointing. Why would their crosshair be less precise?

Unique crosshairs for different weapon classes (especially such minor differences as rifle vs shotgun) belong in unrealistic or casual shooters, Overwatch, Call of Duty, etc. Not in DayZ. Just the fact this was (is) considered I find supremely annoying.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

deer to gore you with antlers,

Hey there, city boy, deer would be much more likely to stand up and chop at you with their front hooves.  ;-)  But I totally agree with your idea.  Let's hope Chernarus is dangerous for some reason other than stairs. 

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2