SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

8 hours ago, -Gews- said:

My GPU is LOVING this patch! Point-sixty is far out, man.

2 questions: FPS? :P and where can I get some?

2 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

For the cost of one crummy server, the streamers give BI a huge amount of exposure, A.K.A. advertising, precisely in an area where BI's target audience is likely to see it. This deal is MUCH better than money for BI!

While a necessary evil, it's a slap to the dedicated community. Streamers already make money from the game and other benefits, so to get special treatment in order to attract more players to buy the game while the actual community scrambles over itself to try to make it functional for them is quite lousy. I wonder how many bug reports they would get if it was just the squeakers and streamers on there. It may be one server in reality, but another way to look at it; to me it was 10%+ of dedicated resources being given to a 0.1% who contribute only on stable, not exp. As Bohemia said themselves, this is not meant to be a fun experience and definitely not indicative of final product so what streamers are showing off is a broken toy. BI is stuck too though because if they didn't get on they'd be bitchin' to their legions of fans and turn Twitter into a complaints circus and have a detrimental effect on 0.6 hype, regardless of how good the stable will be. In short, most tend to be petty in these situations.

People, I don't want to hear any more moaning or groaning concerning the amount of Exp servers available at this time, they are up for testing purposes only.

Concerning the so called Streamer only server and some claims which amount to blatant defamation (Rule #2 applies), I will not hesitate to issue infractions and/or suspensions if this continues.

The server in question is there for the trusted, including myself and other Forum Staff.
I have for example been in discussion with Mr Hicks this morning concerning certain aspects of server performance.

Please remain civil.

• Like 4

This was fun! I've managed to log in on the first click (after 3 hours yesterday night with no luck but still 2 good sessions yesterday)

and after 10 minutes the server restarted. Dumb luck with bad luck combined. Now about the bugs:

1st/3d view = my character have no need for water/food whatsoever no messages nor status green/red 

1st view = all status work just fine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mugur said:

This was fun! I've managed to log in on the first click (after 3 hours yesterday night with no luck but still 2 good sessions yesterday)

and after 10 minutes the server restarted. Dumb luck with bad luck combined. Now about the bugs:

1st/3d view = my character have no need for water/food whatsoever no messages nor status green/red 

I'm sure that luck has nothing to do with it. With the addition of 60-slot servers, I expect that they are "restarting" more frequently, now ... which is obviously a good thing for the forensics folks at BI.

16 minutes ago, mugur said:

Please add this in the BugTracker sub-forum.
https://forums.dayz.com/forum/151-060-experimental-bugs-repro-steps-screenshots-videos-and-crash-dumps-massively-helps-development-thanks-for-your-support/

Thanks.

50 minutes ago, mammut (DayZ) said:

How do you try to join? With the steam queue tool? I'm asking because i picked a server and marked the "join the server as soon as a slot is available". Soon after the game started and since then i'm stuck with a blue Screen (not Windows one :-)) My question is if i only wait long enough is that going to work out?

So you didn't have the game already launched? I'd suggest to have the game already open and then use the Steam server browser. Could maybe get stuck somehow.

2 hours ago, wasnu said:

Did i miss something or are those Pants are new?

They're new. They come in beige, black, blue, brown, dark grey, light grey, khaki, and white.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, St. Jimmy said:

So you didn't have the game already launched? I'd suggest to have the game already open and then use the Steam server browser. Could maybe get stuck somehow.

I'd come to the same conclusion. So now i try it as you mention. See if that works. A question remains for me; What has priority: a. the queue or b. me hitting the connect button ingame. Don't know yet.

Vehicles are again doing terrible things when two are brought close enough together.  Things like refusing to ever move again....

But this place looks nice, in an ominous sort of way.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Edited by emuthreat
altar
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, boneboys said:

People, I don't want to hear any more moaning or groaning concerning the amount of Exp servers available at this time, they are up for testing purposes only.

Concerning the so called Streamer only server and some claims which amount to blatant defamation (Rule #2 applies), I will not hesitate to issue infractions and/or suspensions if this continues.

The server in question is there for the trusted, including myself and other Forum Staff.
I have for example been in discussion with Mr Hicks this morning concerning certain aspects of server performance.

Please remain civil.

I think there could be better more efficient ways of communicating with your player base, instead of posts like these. Be happy that you have a market for your product, and that people are dying to play the newest patch. I've read other places that you guys are working on more experimental servers, if you focused on that in your communication you could turn this thing into a positive spin instead of what you did here.

On another note - does anyone find their weapons to jam more often than before? My PM RAK is a nightmare, have not been able to fire of more than 4 shots before a jam.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mugur said:

Status are working for me in 1st/3rd person view. We had such a bug before, try to take little damage (infected hit, fall, shot in the leg), that helped in the past to get the status working again.

1 minute ago, c4p said:

Status are working for me in 1st/3rd person view. We had such a bug before, try to take little damage (infected hit, fall, shot in the leg), that helped in the past to get the status working again.

Easiest and safest way, turn off your boots and run some meters.

shots in the legs could hurt horrible :)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, chrhein said:

On another note - does anyone find their weapons to jam more often than before? My PM RAK is a nightmare, have not been able to fire of more than 4 shots before a jam.  

What kind of condition is your ammunition in? Have you tried sorting it at all?

Edited by Tatanko

My first thoughts of .60 is as follows.

After I managed to get passed the "Input not supported" issue when starting the game I found the input lag in the menu to be really bad.

There's only 3 UI resolutions:

Windowed (yeah right why anyone would play in window mode is well over my head)

1280x720, which apparently my monitor doesn't support, hence the input not supported problem, despite me actually getting it to work on that res, also half the text is out of the left side of the screen and this was the default res that was set.

1366x768 at least the text fits on the screen lol, still same input lag.

Again, once you get passed that there's the constant "connection failed" when trying to join a server, now if you're determined on getting into a server after an hour you'll be sitting on "please wait" for a further 10 minutes (not exaggerating at all here it was a genuine 10 minute wait) which pretty much now looks like it's stopped working, alt tab out and check task manager to find it's not actually stopped working but now it's just a white screen when tabbing back in.

All in all, after spending 2 hours on DayZ (without actual game play) it's not looking good... For me at least.

Well I've gave up for the day lol, I hope you guys have better luck.

Cant find a single .6 server... Also, server listing is terrible. Learn your devs to use threads/subprocesses. UI is locked every refresh............................................................................................................

I thought you guys didnt want to release 0.6 until it was working somewhat OK, this is just terrible and the optimizations you've done in this engine is WORSE than the original game. I don't see how this have the potential to become anything better than the previous renderer.

AMD FX Am3+ 8370 BE
nVidia Geforce Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 (4GB)
16GB DDR3 1866

My FPS in dayz is somewhere between 2.75 on minute average. And thats in the menu background render, gonna be interesting to see how it works in-game, once i find a server that actually works.

AND THE TEST SERVERS ARE PASSWORD PROTECTED.... TOOK ME LIKE 10 minutes to list the servers, and then once I tried to connect to a PUBLIC category server, it refused me and now I have to re-list all servers before I can try to click the next server... Interesting.

Edited by Ironhuge

Can anyone confirm that animals are spawning on Skalisty Island? I've heard of rabbits so far, but I'd like to hear it from multiple people and find out if there are other animals there as well.

26 minutes ago, Ironhuge said:

Cant find a single .6 server... Also, server listing is terrible. Learn your devs to use threads/subprocesses. UI is locked every refresh............................................................................................................

I thought you guys didnt want to release 0.6 until it was working somewhat OK, this is just terrible and the optimizations you've done in this engine is WORSE than the original game. I don't see how this have the potential to become anything better than the previous renderer.

AMD FX Am3+ 8370 BE
nVidia Geforce Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 (4GB)
16GB DDR3 1866

My FPS in dayz is somewhere between 2.75 on minute average. And thats in the menu background render, gonna be interesting to see how it works in-game, once i find a server that actually works.

AND THE TEST SERVERS ARE PASSWORD PROTECTED.... TOOK ME LIKE 10 minutes to list the servers, and then once I tried to connect to a PUBLIC category server, it refused me and now I have to re-list all servers before I can try to click the next server... Interesting.

Uhm, I believe you are completely unaware that in the filter settings UNCHECK the Passworded servers so they don't show up and ALSO set your Ping to zero or a very high number (700 or so) - if you had read ANY of this thread you would have known that this solution has been discussed several times already.

If everything really looks so terrible, why not revert back to stable or wait until DayZ is in Beta Mode? Until then, good luck.

Edited by TheMeepFactor

I played about 16-17h in 2 last days, "survived" about 20 restarts, gun can disapear if u put it on ground, just select 1 ip and spam from remote not from fav or internet list.... 
FPS is awesome of old fps... Will u open more servers or what ? We deserve it :( 

4 minutes ago, TheMeepFactor said:

Uhm, I believe you are completely unaware that in the filter settings UNCHECK the Passworded servers so they don't show up and ALSO set your Ping to zero or a very high number (700 or so) - if you had read ANY of this thread you would have known that this solution has been discussed several times already.

If everything really looks so terrible, why not revert back to stable or wait until DayZ is in Beta Mode? Until then, good luck.

I've got the ping setting to 2000, password protected unchecked. Three .6 server are showing. two of them are password protected and the third is of wrong version.

A frame from the video that I captured at the new, half finished, Tisy base! Sorry about the aliasing, forgot to tweak some video settings before I started recording but I was too excited!

Spoiler

z1C6dfd.png

Edited by starvingart
  • Like 1

What's the secret to connecting?    All of the Experimental servers are maxed.   I don't understand how so many of the DayZ streamers are getting on to Experimental so quickly.   I guess I'm just a bit envious, but come on!   I want to feel the warmth all of the .60 bugs, too!

22 minutes ago, shinjuru said:

What's the secret to connecting?    All of the Experimental servers are maxed.   I don't understand how so many of the DayZ streamers are getting on to Experimental so quickly.   I guess I'm just a bit envious, but come on!   I want to feel the warmth all of the .60 bugs, too!

Yesterday a streamer@twitch told the viewers that he had to try 3 hours to get finally in before starting the stream.

I try only to get in when the servers restarts, did work for me every time. But I am not a streamer, hehe.

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ironhuge said:

I've got the ping setting to 2000, password protected unchecked. Three .6 server are showing. two of them are password protected and the third is of wrong version.

Same Problem here.

Can only find 3 0.60 Server.

Server 1: THE TEST (Public) - Password Protected

Server 2: THE TEST 10 (Public) - Password Protected

Server 3: The last one is one of the officiall Exp. Servers, mostly one from the UK but he don't show up everytime. But also, if i try to connect i only get a connection failed error

Managed to connect after an hour and managed to play for a bit under an hour before the server reset. Managed to reconnect, sort of, and got a 90-second countdown, but it kicked me off at 20 seconds. Tried to reconnect but the server was full, so was a bit miffed. Shit happens, though.

Last time I got on I played for about a minute before it crashed, and got a framerate of about 35 when looking at the city (I'm not good at the city names - there was a steep road leading up into town from the coast where there was a pier and cranes and stuff). This time around my frame rate never went below 40, and averaged at around 60 with a peak of 80 or 90.

To begin with the fog was thick, and then it got even thicker before fading out. It was atmospheric and amazing. I didn't encounter any major bugs, though my shoes got ruined and my leg got chipped when I was walking inside of a building. Items in items is really good, though I never found more than one item in a container. Found a backpack with one can opener, found some trousers with one stack of .380 and a jacket with one stack of shells, a protector case with one epipen and so on.

But yeah, now that I've had the chance to run around I'm thoroughly impressed by the frame rate (given that it's only the first optimisation pass) and the general graphical improvements. May give it another go tonight, but as it stands I'm happy to wait for stable now that I know the extent of the improvements on my system.

• Like 1