SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Ah, I see the usual Exp thread degeneration has taken effect.  This means the Thread Police are letting us all vent.  Thanks Thread Police!  (don't go too crazy or they may lock the thread and that's no fun at all for anyone.)

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 1

• Like 3

This is what happens when your waiting for a new patch and you have too much time on your hands :P

party-hard.gif

hotline-bling-gif-7.gif

funny-gif-club-cant-handle-party-hard.gi

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 5

Whats driving like in .60?  Only found one car and was only missing one wheel.  Was one nearby but the car seemed to have been worked hard on by someone so i couldnt bring myself to steal it.

So maybe this is no longer the right forum for this post but due to 0.60 being offline but I rolled back to 0.59 to get my Dayz fix. For some reason frame rates were much worse than I remembered. After the roll back I was only getting 12-13 FPS on the absolute lowest graphics settings. It was so bad that I only played a few minutes Sunday and shut it down. Today, I tried again with the same results. After 10 or 15 mins. of game time I was almost seasick by the choppy graphics and my head tracker motion. I was ready to quit when running West at a small village A06POE (closest I can come spelling wise) when my frames suddenly jumped to 35- 40 and the game became instantly much more playable. I found different areas around this location where frames were decent. Outside this areas the frame rate dropped again to choppy 12-13 FPS. Literally in the game you could move into an area, there would be a bit of blurring and a frame rate stagger and suddenly frame rates would jump. Likewise you could move backwards from this area and in a matter of a few feet frame rates would plummet. I felt I was under a 'Frame Rate Dome'. I have screenshots but haven't figured out how to get these from Steam. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cage53 said:

So maybe this is no longer the right forum for this post but due to 0.60 being offline but I rolled back to 0.59 to get my Dayz fix. For some reason frame rates were much worse than I remembered. After the roll back I was only getting 12-13 FPS on the absolute lowest graphics settings. It was so bad that I only played a few minutes Sunday and shut it down. Today, I tried again with the same results. After 10 or 15 mins. of game time I was almost seasick by the choppy graphics and my head tracker motion. I was ready to quit when running West at a small village A06POE (closest I can come spelling wise) when my frames suddenly jumped to 35- 40 and the game became instantly much more playable. I found different areas around this location where frames were decent. Outside this areas the frame rate dropped again to choppy 12-13 FPS. Literally in the game you could move into an area, there would be a bit of blurring and a frame rate stagger and suddenly frame rates would jump. Likewise you could move backwards from this area and in a matter of a few feet frame rates would plummet. I felt I was under a 'Frame Rate Dome'. I have screenshots but haven't figured out how to get these from Steam. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to my world, I have been playing this way all this time until 0.60. In all the big places I got like 10-15 fps and outside maximum 30. Even now with the new renderer it's only a bit better in the big places (I get around 20 fps). But what most people tend to forget or don't know is that putting your settings on the lowest possible can be counter productive. This is because the processor will do almost all work and the graphics card will do almost nothing. Best is to put everything at very high and work your way down that way by playing with the settings one at a time.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, IMT said:

Even now with the new renderer it's only a bit better in the big places (I get around 20 fps).

I had better FPS on Cherno docks and in Dupky with lots of buildings then in forests out of Cherno. I couldnt belive when fps counter showed 45 (50-60 inside)! Last build I got in had worst performance but still way better than .59. 

• Like 1

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has seen a night-and-day difference in frame rate.  .59 had me averaging 30, and .60 is solid 60 frames.  Coincidence? I think not.

• Like 1

Is there any information about when the exp branch will become available for us again?

If you are coming here to ask, the answer is probably no.  Twitter seems to be the first line of information.  It may be as soon as tomorrow afternoon, or as long as next week.  It's spring, go plant a garden or catch a fish while you wait.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

If you are coming here to ask, the answer is probably no.  Twitter seems to be the first line of information.  It may be as soon as tomorrow afternoon, or as long as next week.  It's spring, go plant a garden or catch a fish while you wait.

It's 0930 there, I'm sure they'll have it out any minute.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

It's 0930 there, I'm sure they'll have it out any minute.

Such a bad man, lol, you're kinda mean for a Canoe lover.

And there has been no update on twitter just yet.

'

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Whats driving like in .60?  Only found one car and was only missing one wheel.  Was one nearby but the car seemed to have been worked hard on by someone so i couldnt bring myself to steal it.

No real difference from .59 I could see.  Haven't tried a V3S though.  The Lada and the Sedan are the same as before..  Only thing is you can remove headlights now, I don't think that was possible in .59 unless you used new UI.  Same old tire glitches, if they are damaged or worn you can repair them with a tire repair kit but you'll still have to get a lug wrench, take them off and put them back on before the car recognizes that you made the repair at all.  If you don't and try to drive, you'll just end up sliding all over the place and that can lead to blown tires..

Damaged car parts like doors and such do not show damage like before but will still eat gobs and gobs of duct tape if you feel like fixing it up.  It does seem to help allay some of the collision damage in the engine compartment if the hood is in a better state of repair.

And Sedans and Lada's are still all sparkly white.

Edited by barnabus

except for the server crashes 0.60 is as playable/unplayable or bugged as any other version before. I hope they only hold back 0.60 to fix the crashes because I can easily live with the rest of the bugs.

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

How can I do all of that if the servers are down?

1 hour ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

except for the server crashes 0.60 is as playable/unplayable or bugged as any other version before. I hope they only hold back 0.60 to fix the crashes because I can easily live with the rest of the bugs.

Yep, that was the biggest issue for me, if you even can call it an issue.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, barnabus said:

Edited by mammut (DayZ)

Still no news? When they break something, they break it really good!

• Like 2

On 11. 5. 2016 at 4:11 PM, The Riddler (DayZ) said:

266,1 MB Update !!!

Edited by semrohatej
  • Like 1

Let's go!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2016 at 3:21 PM, wasnu said:

Wellcome to exp. testing team ;)

Most of the peps here started like you...

once exp tester, exp tester for ever (how long it will last for us)

I'm not optimistic.  After hitting "connect," I've been sitting on the Novo overview screen for almost 2 minutes.  Typically, that has not been a harbinger of a stable build for me.

ETA:  That's odd, this should have quoted IMT's immediately preceding post.

Edited by Thurman Merman

Just now, Thurman Merman said:

I'm not optimistic.  After hitting "connect," I've been sitting on the Novo overview screen for almost 2 minutes.  Typically, that has not been a harbinger of a stable build for me.

Yep, same here. After a while it ported me back to the main menu. I think the problem still persists unfortunately. *cries a little*

A dialogue popped up in my task bar from the DayZ icon when shutting down that said, "Enfusion engine, "I'm still alive....".

Funny.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

A dialogue popped up in my task bar from the DayZ icon when shutting down that said, "Enfusion engine, "I'm still alive....".

Funny.

At the server itself it says "You are dead".

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Yep, same here. After a while it ported me back to the main menu. I think the problem still persists unfortunately. *cries a little*

I never even got ported back.  just black screen oblivion.  Just now shut it off with the task manager.