SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

2 minutes ago, atomquark said:

Which Athlon do you have?  Might have an upgrade for you.

My play session today was pure luck.  Opened up the server list clicked on a 59/60 got in first try.

Got the nude Vybor spawn.  Went north bumbed into crash site.  Suppressed Streyer Aug before pants.

3800+ I think, my board is showing caps starting to go, my bios flashes 2007 when it boots, I don't think it's quite that old but close.

I've got a lead on an i7 barebones with no OS or video as soon as my good job goes back full time.

7 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

*snip*

Anyone finding animals other than chickens in the wild.  Found 2 deer before the servers went down but one was glitched into a wall and the other some garbage cans.  Wondering if wildlife spawns are working correctly

Found two cows at the base of Green Mountain got within striking distance with my stone knife before one ran, the others legs were stuck so chopped at it a bit then remembered my pickaxe and killed it. The cow and any chickens I've see seem kind of slow to react compared to earlier versions.

• Like 2

I noticed that actually.  In previous versions i had never actually seen a chicken i would just hear them and then they would be gone.  Now i am able to punch them to death.  Not sure how i feel about it though as i am able to walk up to a cow or chicken on a farm irl without worry that it will flee and am unsure if taking down the fence would make a difference in that behaviour.

Couple of things.. This patch so far is running decent... Little lower fps but the further I move from the big towns the better it gets, obviously. Second whats up with all the k.o.s. kids running around?? You scream that your friendly to them and it doesnt matter.. Was testing out the hand drill and torch making and black screen you are dead... Get over it kids move along to something more suited for that..Like this new game thats out Battleborn.. Might be more suited to what you want.. There end of rant...

Other than that.. Great job devs!!!!!!! Looking awesome so far!!!!!

• Like 1

Downloading the exp. update now and looking forward to it. I actually went back to .59 this last week. Grew tomatoes and pumpkins, cooked chicken breasts, hoped to try fishing but this update gets in the way of that. In effect I was learning things that will serve me well in 0.60. My thinking is that every time you are forced by need into a confrontation with other players you risk everything. Even the best PVP player is going to lose 50% of his/her battles. Sure they gain the reward with their victories but can lose it all minutes later. That isn't, in my opinion, the way people would respond in real life. I know the squeakers don't care about this but I do. To survive long term means having the means to pick and choose which encounters you want to initiate. It is interesting to think that I can manage on my own terms to do just that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, masprotech said:

Couple of things.. This patch so far is running decent... Little lower fps but the further I move from the big towns the better it gets, obviously. Second whats up with all the k.o.s. kids running around?? You scream that your friendly to them and it doesnt matter.. Was testing out the hand drill and torch making and black screen you are dead... Get over it kids move along to something more suited for that..Like this new game thats out Battleborn.. Might be more suited to what you want.. There end of rant...

Other than that.. Great job devs!!!!!!! Looking awesome so far!!!!!

Working as intended, the torch was added to compliment the road flare as a craftable way to encourage other players to kos you while staying true to living off the land.

• Like 2

Just now, BCBasher said:

Working as intended, the torch was added to compliment the road flare as a craftable way to encourage other players to kos you while staying true to living off the land.

Lmao.... Sounds about right..

Logged on this morning it was "server splosion" the one I could get on was superhigh ping so it was laggy

Just played 0.60 for four enjoyable hours. Mostly things were great with functionality better than expected. I noticed that there is quite a lot less flickering renders with my new GTX970 than with the 7970 I had before. I did have one problem though, I got on one of the DE exp servers while the others were down and there were not one single loot item in all of Kamy and Elektro. Not one item. Everything I had I crafted and all I had to eat was chickens. It wasn't very fun. I don't know if this was some error state in teh server or what happpened. I only saw one other player ungeared but he ran away. Saw no zeds. I DID hear shots but couldn't tell wether they were real or fakes. I switched to a UK server and it was normal.

The only real bug I found was that the rangefinder is still broken.

All in all this is a great step forward.

• Like 1

Just played for a couple of hours. Yes!  Everything clicking and frames at 70 plus even though the server I logged into was a higher ping than I wanted. I found a barrel right off the hop and not much else so I ran inland, carrying my barrel like a dung beetle in the National Geographic documentaries, all the while expecting to get KOS'd. I stopped and deliberately drank from every pond I came across with no ill effects so far. I came across different types of bullets but no rifles or pistols until eventually I found a Sporter and 50 x 22 rounds. I felt so much safer loading that one long rifle cartridge into the rifle.(Yeah, right! )  I didn't find any backpacks, even the school girl type. I noticed a few graphical artifacts but nothing to even remotely detract from playability. Also no infected until I got inland and then it seemed only one or two. All in all a very cool experience and looking forward to what happens next.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

In one month almost as many posts as .59 had in three months, even the negative shitposters are doing what they do because they have an interest in the game succeeding.

yo, just saw you getting kicked by BE from SC-10 1st eprson... wanna join emu, dudestar and me?

3 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

yo, just saw you getting kicked by BE from SC-10 1st eprson... wanna join emu, dudestar and me?

Getting kicked off every server, goto validate and reboot my pc.

58 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Getting kicked off every server, goto validate and reboot my pc.

if that doesnt fix it you might have to reinstall BE manually

1 hour ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

if that doesnt fix it you might have to reinstall BE manually

It's weird, I'll join a server and get kicked over and over then I swap servers and it's fine. I've got no choice in where I call a home server though.

I found two more bugged cows one stuck in haybales and the other doing that cool run around in circles thing the animals used to do. Rounded out the night with a nice brown leather vest and some hand crafted waterbags.

Mad cows   

Got held up at the barn northeast of Guglovo by 3 people. I thought about taking my gun out, but they were right on my ass so I decided to comply. They took damn near everything useful but were nice enough. Headed into Novy Sobor with high salt levels and started looting up, hoping to find more ammo to replace what had been stolen. Found some shotgun shells and the gun to match, and headed towards po-po station. I was checking out a shed when I heard footsteps run next to me and into a house. I sneaked up around the house and blasted the dude, instant kill. I was hoping it was one of the 3 that had held me up seeing as it was so close, but it was apparently an apple farmer, dude had like 20 apples.

Anyway after my cold blooded, salt-infused murder in Novy, I ran around and remembered that I forgot an mp5k mag in the police station, so I turned around and started looping around the police station, looked at house and there were 2 people just standing in the doorway. I sprinted off and so did they, I don't think they even had guns in their hands. Might've been able to blast them too, but I was done with drama and cut town. 

From what I saw there's loads of improvement! Walking on rocks is now a thing, lots of flickering and weird graphics issues from the previous patch were gone, and the hotbar keys were reliable and fast on a full pop 1st person server.

• Like 1

I believe I played 14+ hours today? Too much to try to recount at this late hour....

Emu, Luc, Dudester, IMT, Gary, all were playing on and off throughout.

Light sources seem to effect the skins on our character models.

Spoiler

dQ4Jf1m.jpg

^Pink eye confirmed?

a5A3mhc.jpg

APi97uY.jpg

B3LF4gi.jpg

fIVkuKw.jpg

Black hole sun.... won't you fish?

Spoiler

n7gqVfU.jpg

OaXI59q.jpg

The road glows neon from the fire and the rest glows red from a flare....

Spoiler

ntKd53U.jpg

Spoiler

Craft your own Chernarussian Tommy gun simply by dropping a Trumpet on RAK!

7F9CLv7.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 9

Oops, didn't mean to quote. Can't seem to edit it.

Wanted to say that I really hope the loot distribution is "experimental" aswell. :P  I played for about an hour and now I am fully kitted, got an AK-101 with PSO-1, 120 rounds and an M4 with ACOG, also full US camo.

18 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Found two cows at the base of Green Mountain got within striking distance with my stone knife before one ran, the others legs were stuck so chopped at it a bit then remembered my pickaxe and killed it. The cow and any chickens I've see seem kind of slow to react compared to earlier versions.

Don't let that the tree-huggers know nor Greenpeace .... i don't think they understand the need of it  ... "it's the apocalypse n' stuff bro"

Anyway, i noticed too that the chickens are lazy. And even if they run, when the hit an obstacle they just stop and stand still waiting to be slaughtered.

Edited by mammut (DayZ)
  • Like 1

Greetings everyone , i was wondering if anyone else is getting less FPS in this build.I had some awesome FPS in the last working build but in this one it feels like it had dropped 5-10 FPS at least.

Also when it's raining seems like it's killing my FPS,i was going to the NWAF when heavy rain kicked in and  FPS dropped and it's kinda felt like 0.59 for a brief period.

• Like 1

ran in to a foreign fellow, asked me to applicar  a saline bag he had, gave me a 30 round mag for the sporter i was carrying. found a amphibia  with mag. then a hunting scope. infected seen to be hit or miss by server. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CQF_Royal said:

Greetings everyone , i was wondering if anyone else is getting less FPS in this build.I had some awesome FPS in the last working build but in this one it feels like it had dropped 5-10 FPS at least.

Also when it's raining seems like it's killing my FPS,i was going to the NWAF when heavy rain kicked in and  FPS dropped and it's kinda felt like 0.59 for a brief period.

Same here, looks like Rain and Clouds are to much for my old potato.

• Like 1

I'm having a lucky day it seems. Spawned in Severograd, found a car. Fixed it, found a stranger, picked him up. Turns out its newbie, excited about car. While he is still happy about the ride, I spot a chopper crash. It has an AK 101 a M4 and 2 Cmags with 10 shots in total. I let the guy have the M4. We drive to a police station and find 2 glocks and four magazines. The other police stations I saw were mostly empty. Epic luck. When we were discussing where to make camp the servers went down. With the car parked in the middle of the road (I was moving it). Always happens at the least best moment ^^

One weird thing though. I drove to close to a truck and the car stopped (the usual problems). In order to move it away we took off the wheels twice and it moved the car out of the truck's radius. It worked again. Then there was a server restart. After, I got in the car and drove for a mile. My new friend asked: "so, are we driving?" I went : "What do you mean? Of course we're driving!"

Turns out to him we were still on the same old parking spot, while I had moved the car a mile away. When I got out, I found myself next to him, but no car there. He could still see it where it originally stood, I could see it a mile in the distance. He could also still get in and out of the car and would vanish (in front of me) when doing that. I finally got into the car and we drove on.

• Like 8