boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎24 at 9:18 PM, S3V3N said:

I think it's time to stop giving the devs sugar. My posts are usually more work than its worth it. Most of them are constructive. But this update has been pending since last year and they are making a show off it at Pax, as if they were releasing the game tomorrow. I saw a lot of improvements in the PAX presentation, but why on earth would you first announce something in the middle of 2015 and then repeatedly fail to even remotely release at the date you gave? End of February was late. End of April is ridiculous. And I'm not even sure we'll see the update this Wednesday. Ah well, playing Life is Feudal is more fun anyway. Not every asshole tries to kill you, because they actually thought about that problem. 

Brother... you are not alone and you probably know this.

It's kind of uncool for the mods to b#@ch slap someone who has been in the loop for as long as you have and you are just saying what "we" are all thinking.

As a forum member who has tried to be reasonable and patient I have always come across as I person who, while "Understanding" the Alpha thing, still expects a certain level of professionalism from the guys working on this title....and when they keep tripping over their own words it just gets old.

I'm not angry....now I'm just amused.

I have been away from 0.59 for a whole two weeks...so now I'm going to jump back on and start a new character. I am playing a game where I see how many times I can tour the entire map before I get dusted...(my record so far is 8!)

See you guys on the coast 

• Like 1

I'm not impatient. I'm not really hyped for 0.60 either (nor 1.0). Yet it's hard not to be annoyed, because while I don't mind waiting, I do mind when they make the game look bad or themselves look incompetent. Been going on since alpha. Just to name a couple recent examples, "We've discussed our intent to have a .60 build in the hands of the consumers at the end of February"? Really shouldn't have said that. "Sooner than folks think"? Come on "DH", you should have seen that was setting up a meme. Don't publicly state your goals if you have a history of failing to meet them. A lot of the criticism is quite preventable.

Didn't hear great things about the PAX stream, poor mics, not so much interesting discussion, when I tuned in myself there was some streamer who didn't seem to know that cars have gears (sigh) so I let others do the watching for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Gews- said:

-snip-

I agree whole heartedly. I bought the game as soon as it released on steam and I wish the devs (specifically Dean and Brian) would've been hush hush about release dates or, how did they say, "approximate, possible release periods that may or may not happen".

I know Dean Halls BIG slogan during pre-alpha development was "transparency" and I feel like the team's definition of transparency was giving us ballpark release dates (bad ones at that). However I'm sure that normal transparency (tweets with new weapons, map changes, mechanic bullshit) without the ballpark release dates would've saved these guys a LOT of criticism.

Am much more hyped for a patch that will bring radically different gameplay (player controller), new content is always nice tho. I wonder how the game is gonna look like in the end?
How many vehicles are we gonna get? How tacky is maintenance gonna be? I kinda don't dig the whole loot lottery thing. Doesn't make sense to me nor like fun gameplay. Did it once, won't fix a car again till they change it. Especially if they just add all the other maintenance parts of vehicles to that massive, massive list of "industrial" spawn points... #prayforeasymaintenancebikes

Edited by Buakaw

I'm so sick of this weird overly-complicated Call of Duty simulator this patch has become. Hackers, dupers everywhere just killing themselves til they respawn in the right location and then getting back to their gear to start again. Playing legit is just beating yourself up anymore because there is no reward for going up north, no action, no surprising encounters, no danger of dying at every corner. The only thing that's challenging in this game right now is the players. That is THE only thing. Everything else is a cakewalk. I got tired of getting killed by M4s on-sight on the coast (was looking for decent freshie combat) and decided to go up north, but the whole thing just felt so pointless. .60 needs to get here soon.

On 4/23/2016 at 2:53 AM, boneboys said:

The Devs are out there on recognizable medias but you are never happy, too blind to see...

Take what is offered and be happy, stop trolling the forums with your discontented attitude.

And sorry for double posting but you need to step off a bit. Discouraging criticism is wrong, people have every right to be pissed at this game right now and they also have the right to vocalize it.

On 24/04/2016 at 2:42 AM, Excanto said:

I measure downloads in "The Big Bang Theory" episodes.

hey, so ask the girl living next door to download it for you.

Edited by pilgrim*

9 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I'm so sick of this weird overly-complicated Call of Duty simulator this patch has become. -snip-

What?

Been this way since the mod circa September 2012.

Until we get some of those big changes (A LOT MORE INFECTED NOW PLEASE) GearZ of DoodieZ is what 90% of the players will do.

• Like 1

Junior and I played another hour or so last night and it's really a shame there's not a whole lot to do. All three of our junk computers are performing beautifully with very few lag induced immersion breakers.

The high point "I see a goat or some thing, he went that way" so we jog off in the direction it ran carefully cresting hills and taking a knee to scan. After a few minutes we see him out in a field and I crouch, let my guy take two breaths and boom, one shot with an iron sighted Mosin that lands exactly where it was pointed for a change. Tanned some hide, made a vest, cooked some steaks.

I'm half expecting the next patch to fuck up any performance gains we've got in the last four months now because that'd be how my luck works.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Junior and I played another hour or so last night and it's really a shame there's not a whole lot to do. All three of our junk computers are performing beautifully with very few lag induced immersion breakers.

The high point "I see a goat or some thing, he went that way" so we jog off in the direction it ran carefully cresting hills and taking a knee to scan. After a few minutes we see him out in a field and I crouch, let my guy take two breaths and boom, one shot with an iron sighted Mosin that lands exactly where it was pointed for a change. Tanned some hide, made a vest, cooked some steaks.

I'm half expecting the next patch to fuck up any performance gains we've got in the last four months now because that'd be how my luck works.

You two make me sad, really. To have a father and son bouncing around in-game and sharing their adventure is pretty damn cool if you ask me. Props to you guys. And nothing kills DayZ immersion like choppy frames and low LOD.

I go through PC hardware like my wife goes through hair styles and I wish you guys were closer so I could slap a couple better rigs together for ya. Take comfort in the fact that I "think" FPS issues are going to be a lot less dramatic. I started playing on my laptop while I was travelling recently and I "think" the frames are already generally more steady and only drop around the predictable spots on the map. Any patching they do will be better Q/A'd due to the integration of test scripts that work better in the new engine environment I would imagine.

Chin up...and keep your kid alive! Those KOS buggers always try to pick off the young ones from the herd first.

• Like 2

Decided to get on after work until the servers went down tonight, and I met a guy in Svetlo and we shared a spliff together. After that we killed a guy, chatted, and looted while making our way towards Berezino before the servers finally crashed. Was a relaxing change of pace from the playstyle that was getting under my skin for a while.

On 4/26/2016 at 6:15 AM, Kohlbar said:

whole thing just felt so pointless. .60 needs to get here soon.

Other than new render, nothing will change in .60  :(

Edit: o yeah, there will be ski lift in Tulga

I mean there's gotta be something new besides that, like working weather or maybe they tweaked the loot spawns? I know the zombies had work on them... that alone is enough for me to be excited about.

6 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

I mean there's gotta be something new besides that, like working weather or maybe they tweaked the loot spawns? I know the zombies had work on them... that alone is enough for me to be excited about.

What I understand so far:

- New Renderer is coming

- New UI is coming

- Zombies are more scary

- Random items in clothing and world-containers and weapons with random attachements

- Hicks wanted to show us some weather effects but the Server decided to not show us this. So I think this should be in as well.

- Remake of some towns, like Cherno etc.

- No new Items in the first Exp-Build does not mean no new items in any 0.60-Build.

Edited by SirDeen
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, philbur said:

You two make me sad, really. To have a father and son bouncing around in-game and sharing their adventure is pretty damn cool if you ask me. Props to you guys. And nothing kills DayZ immersion like choppy frames and low LOD.

I go through PC hardware like my wife goes through hair styles and I wish you guys were closer so I could slap a couple better rigs together for ya. Take comfort in the fact that I "think" FPS issues are going to be a lot less dramatic. I started playing on my laptop while I was travelling recently and I "think" the frames are already generally more steady and only drop around the predictable spots on the map. Any patching they do will be better Q/A'd due to the integration of test scripts that work better in the new engine environment I would imagine.

Chin up...and keep your kid alive! Those KOS buggers always try to pick off the young ones from the herd first.

Son(s) any times my stories seem like two people working together it was the older one, and then there's the younger one who's like an annoying motormouth youtube squeaker who's trying to play the game wrong for laughs. Both fun in their own way and actually one of the first things that popped into my head when considering why fatherhood might be something I'd be interested in.

We were all down with a head/chest cold yesterday so some DayZ was played and it's funny you mentioned keeping them alive because the easy loot and uncooperative eleven year old pushed me over the edge. My youngest hasn't played in awhile and I'm not sure if he was jerking me but every inconsequential object netting ridiculous commentary and no progress north to meet me so I told him it was "on". My youngest son died of two magnum slugs trying to barricade himself in a house on Skalitisy before I turned the gun on myself. Next up was the older boy but murder was the plan from the get-go, spawn fresh on empty server, orient, gear up and meet. That one ended in a pretty decent gun battle at the Kami police station considering he busted his legs on the stairs moments before I got there. 

We all seemed to have more hurt feet, broken legs, and random "you are dead"s than I've seen in quite awhile and ironically a few failed suicides jumping off some pretty high stuff uninjured than I seem to remember having in a long time.

• Like 1

So what is the problem again with telling us when the patch will hit? I thought the devs are looking for a new way to inform us about upcoming changes. Well, one way to start would be to tell us when patches come out. End of April is the last info I have, and if they will postpone it again, they might as well stop making announcements. Why is it impossible to tell us today, at e.g. 22:00 (after the workday is over/last entry):

"Guys, we are gonna release 0.60 tomorrow"

Or not. Why is it so difficult to let the community know 24h in advance what you are doing? I have a free day tomorrow after having nightshifts and lateshifts for the past days. If I knew Dayz is updating tomorrow, I'd probably wait to see if I can join an experimental server. If I know it is not coming, I'll go out and smell the roses. I wouldn't mind playing tomorrow afternoon, but since this is experimental I know all slots will be taken within minutes. Like I said in February: this patch should hit stable right away. There is no point or difference between stable and experimental servers for months now anyway. 

So why is it so difficult to let us know about a release 24h in advance? I think instead of all their complicated plans to better misinform us, the devs could just tell us every Monday-Tuesday, if we'll see a release that week. Any other working profession manages to give you an estimate. How did Hicks get into this development? The more I see of him, the more I'm convinced he doesn't know anything about producing games. There probably was a raffle at Bohemia...

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, S3V3N said:

How did Hicks get into this development? The more I see of him, the more I'm convinced he doesn't know anything about producing games. There probably was a raffle at Bohemia...

Those...dear sir...are some pretty pointed remarks.....

And pretty damned valid ones as well

14 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Other than new render, nothing will change in .60  :(

Edit: o yeah, there will be ski lift in Tulga

That's like saying

"Other than an atomic bomb, we didn't do anything to Nagasaki."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rags! said:

That's like saying

"Other than an atomic bomb, we didn't do anything to Nagasaki."

Still no new zombies spawning system, no new weapons, no new player controler and animations system, no basebuilding, no new vehicles, no new survival elements..... (OK, maybe Tisy base)

So, it will be same old coastal shitmatch but in DX11. 

Next time read who I quoted.

35 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

Still no new zombies spawning system, no new weapons, no new player controler and animations system, no basebuilding, no new vehicles, no new survival elements..... (OK, maybe Tisy base)

Czech @SirDeen's excellent comment. All of the things he things almost definitely are making it into .60 exp. Also, with the whole loot economy being able to be adjusted on-the-fly thing, maybe they tweaked the spawns to be less Wal-Marty? To be honest I was kinda having a blast watching Mr blackout struggle to keep from starving to death on the .60 stream. Not saying I want the respawning to be broken when it's release buuuut... I wouldn't mind....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rags! said:

i'm confused. Then confirm that there will be no new render ?

14 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Next time read who I quoted.

Firstly, there will be things in the update apart from Tulga and Enfusion, as if Enfusion wasn't enough. It will be the most important update done to this game ever. Unlike you, Bohemia Interactive is creating this game with the final product in mind. Not "Oh, next update will still have people fighting on the coast so it's a bad update". If you think this update is not monumentally important for that reason, then you are foolish. If you are downplaying the importance of Enfusion implementation and it's long term effects on the game and development speed, you've either not been paying attention to what Enfusion implies or you lack the capacity to comprehend what you've read.

I believe both are equally likely. 

• Like 1

I had the weirdest bug ever happen to me just now. I went into the police station in Komarova and on the second floor is a nice shiny cr75 with a full magazine in it. I can't pick it up though but as I am trying I hear shooting outside. Sounds like an automatic pistol, kinda like the CR75. I really need that pistol now so when i see it in teh floor inventory i notice that as the person outside is shooting, the bullet count in this gun drops and the gun is firing and cocking. But its layign there on some bins. At first I thought the server had crashed or I was lagging but I could eat, rip up clothes, open doors and equip other items. Very strange.

4 minutes ago, Killawife said:

I had the weirdest bug ever happen to me just now. I went into the police station in Komarova and on the second floor is a nice shiny cr75 with a full magazine in it. I can't pick it up though but as I am trying I hear shooting outside. Sounds like an automatic pistol, kinda like the CR75. I really need that pistol now so when i see it in teh floor inventory i notice that as the person outside is shooting, the bullet count in this gun drops and the gun is firing and cocking. But its layign there on some bins. At first I thought the server had crashed or I was lagging but I could eat, rip up clothes, open doors and equip other items. Very strange.

This happens with many guns and equipment...a player picks it up and it appears as if it is still on the ground. You can't "Take" it, but you can "Inspect" it. It even goes through the reloading animations if the person holding it reloads it. There used to be a bug in the game where you could actually interact with the items and you could literally unload guns out of people's hands or take off their scopes by interacting with the weapon on the ground and it would reflect the weapon in their hands.

So... I was just playing on the Grey Matter server derping around Berezino, and it started raining for like 15 seconds but still it rained! That's the first time I've seen it since .59 came out! I hope it happens more often in .60