boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Yea if it's in debug it will despawn , but I highly doubt anyone's hiding colorful barrels out there ... Right ? Right guys ? lol I've got two barrels on the edge of the map with two cars next to it , they are soo close to the "barren edge" I bet if I parkedthem twenty feet more north they would despawn !! But seven someone definitely is taking them , or you are placing empty barrels down (empty barrels reset after a few hours), or the server you are on is just shitting the bed ...

I had stashed two barrels and a car near vavilovo , very close to the edge of the map in deep woods crowded by fields with nothing in them . I thought noone would go around there but three days ago with only 6 people on the server three dudes stole me and my two friends sedan while we were taking the other one for a spin ... We ended up crossing paths with the three guys on the other side of the map hours later (and yes we got our car back by force).

So think of it this way , the dayz world is small as fuck compared to how we really think it is , people travel so fast and do it nonstop , if you think a camp is safe it most likely is Not! I can't wait for survivors to have to move slower , when fuel isn't infinite anymore and base building is in and when stamina is added camps will be much safer as people won't be traveling for hours during play sessions , but rather trying to make bases and collect supplies !

Edit : in more depressing news now , I feel as though we won't even have a new experimental update til late February ... Here's to waiting forever :0 !!

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Like I said: my barrels were in a city. I'm gonna go all out and say: they were under a bridge! Thus my name for it "Camp Hobo". It seems those areas - although brilliant camp sites for barrels aren't persistent anymore. I'll cry many salty tears over this, since it was my best camp ever ;)

• Like 1

I just can't figure out why these barrels are gone, but the tents aren't. It's well possible someone found them and poked holes into them just to vent their frustration about nothing else being inside. But I can't figure out why the left the tents (2 car tents and 2 civilian inside the car tents) and didn't touch any of their inventory. Perhaps they thought: "with the barrels gone, this guy is gonna put his stuff in the tents". But this guy has other plans. I'm just really wondering if barrels were somehow affected by the last patch. It seems so weird only they are gone; they were in a pretty odd location, so possibly some new "cleanup" feature has been added that removed them from there. Though it is really a perfect spot for them!

I never take tents and always take barrels.  My guess is someone just robbed you.

Like I said: my barrels were in a city. I'm gonna go all out and say: they were under a bridge! Thus my name for it "Camp Hobo". It seems those areas - although brilliant camp sites for barrels aren't persistent anymore. I'll cry many salty tears over this, since it was my best camp ever ;)

You draw the strangest conclusions based on the least amount of information. That's all I have to say.

So what's the word on status reports, are those still bi-weekly? Should we just expect not to see one until after .60 is live? Thoughts?

Has anyone else's barrels disappeared since the last update? I play 1p on public and my barrels are still there, whereas I play 3p on a private hive and only the tents are still there. I took out most of the stuff from the barrels with a friend, so there were no weapons or ammo in them (only leather and a few tools), yet all 5 barrels are missing, wheras nothing has been taken from the tents. I find that pretty confusing, as I don't know who would leave the tents untouched, but steal all the barrels. Plus the barrels were much better hidden, too. 

If I wouldn't still have them on the public server I would assume barrels were reset, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So I'm just wondering if anyone experienced missing barrels or anything weird like that since the last update.

Just curious what server that was on. I find and raid multiple camps everyday day I play.

Depending on what I find in the camp determines my actions. Craploads of guns and combat related gear normally leads to a full dismantling of camps, while farming/survival gear typically finds me leaving notes and goodies behind. A bunch of random stuff leads me to picking a few things I need, leaving some ok stuff along with a note.

But when it comes to barrels there's no exceptions, I just love me some barrels. So I liberate them back into the wild they came from.

(I'll often monitor camps for weeks before decimating the KoS kiddos plunder, it's just us hillbilly's doing some taxation)

• Like 4

Just curious what server that was on. I find and raid multiple camps everyday day I play.

European servers, both of them. I doubt you'd be running around on those. I like to play a more survival style by myself and on the 1p servers, while I collect guns and go killing things and people more on the 3p server; my friends will only play 3p and can't be convinced that 1p is really nice. One of the barrels had an empty FAL in it, but apart from a revolver,I think that was the only weapon left there. I'm carrying scoped blaze, AUG, AKS-U, FNX, Glock and tons of ammo and magazines now, though. Because before I log off when there is a maintenance I always pick up whatever I can carry.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Status report for March 1st is out gang. Go have a read. Lots of hard work going on to bring us .60 to experimental sooner than later! 

....and its good to finally be back on the forums. 

• Like 2

Can someone tell me if .60 is coming out today or not? I was told that the 1st of every month would be a new patch and that's what the devs said too....

39 minutes ago, gmpaul said:

Can someone tell me if .60 is coming out today or not? I was told that the 1st of every month would be a new patch and that's what the devs said too....

The statement you are referring to actually said something along the lines of : " we're hoping to have at least one update a month to stable branch " that's paraphrasing of course because I can't find the actual quote, but that was the gist of what hicks was saying in one of the past status reports .

So no , updates are in no way PROMISED to come out every month , just that they wanted that to be their goal from that status report and on (which obviously wasn't met, we are now on month 3 of .59 , but that's to be expected unfortunately in alpha games , but good news is we are right around the corner to something monumental for dayz !).

• Like 1

Ooooh I'm salty. My friend told me that .60 was being released tonight so I went and PvP'd with my friends in Cherno until my character died. Had a good night though, met a friendly player and did some trading before turning a corner and killing a guy with a FAL that ended up killing my friend in the volley. The friendly came running back as soon as it happened and helped me sort out the loot. Ended up getting surrounded and sprayed down on the hill next to construction site. Oh well, onto the next character.

4 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Ooooh I'm salty. My friend told me that .60 was being released tonight so I went and PvP'd with my friends in Cherno until my character died. Had a good night though, met a friendly player and did some trading before turning a corner and killing a guy with a FAL that ended up killing my friend in the volley. 

Yeah,0.59 is quite enjoyable. At least we are not playing a terrible version of Dayz, while we wait. It's still really odd we don't get more info, as I too expected and hoped today would be the day. Hopefully it will be Friday then. Fridays are great for releases. This development pace though...still too slow.    

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

Yeah,0.59 is quite enjoyable. At least we are not playing a terrible version of Dayz, while we wait. It's still really odd we don't get more info, as I too expected and hoped today would be the day. Hopefully it will be Friday then. Fridays are great for releases. This development pace though...still too slow.    

I agree one of the best updates to date.  I have to disagree on the pace of development though, personally I love the fact we can play evolving and different versions of the game.  I am really enjoying .59 base building is good cars are good (for the most part) and ammo is rarer which is great as you haven't got as much control over the weapon you use and forces you to evolve.  Really looking forward to .60 though I don't care if its just the renderer and no other content.

• Like 1

Here is some info about 0.60, btw. I guess we'll keep waiting for it, until it's done. Nothing new here, moving on (just wondering, why I have to find this on Steam and not the official forums):

http://steamcommunity.com/games/221100/announcements/detail/877444819689318328

One surprise though: seems like we'll see some mapchanges with New Cherno being added to reshape the capital city into something more interesting. That's great to hear and will be nice to explore. We'll also be seeing guns spawning with attachments and vehicles with different parts. I'd like if the vehicle (body) parts would spawn in industrial areas or garages now. That would mean, some people with vehicles have a new objective in the game, i.e. to build their car from pristine parts. (I'd find it entertaining if later on we'd have 3-4 base colors for the car, so we can find all wrong color parts and puzzle our cars together.) 

There are a few things in the update that surprise me. I guess base-building and vehicle fluids/damage will be tackled later. Which is fine for me, since to properly use a base, you need a stable server/version. There's probably going to be a few updates, before that can happen. I just wish they show some love for the infected and create the herds and other features we have seen, soon.

There is so much on the plate right now. Predators and aerial vehicles, bikes and radios...we have a lot to look forward to this summer!

---

Quick question: has anyone been able to dye leather with oak bark in 0.59? I always get the message: "that's not enough bark for even one piece of leather" or something like this; I've put in ten or more bark, just to make sure the amount isn't the problem. So far only nails worked for me. It also seems that the types of bark are generalized with the only exception being beech trees, whose bark appears lighter in the thumbnail; everything else is just called "tree bark" and looks the same.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, S3V3N said:

Here is some info about 0.60, btw. I guess we'll keep waiting for it, until it's done. Nothing new here, moving on (just wondering, why I have to find this on Steam and not the official forums):

http://steamcommunity.com/games/221100/announcements/detail/877444819689318328

One surprise though: seems like we'll see some mapchanges with New Cherno being added to reshape the capital city into something more interesting. That's great to hear and will be nice to explore. We'll also be seeing guns spawning with attachments and vehicles with different parts. I'd like if the vehicle (body) parts would spawn in industrial areas or garages now. That would mean, some people with vehicles have a new objective in the game, i.e. to build their car from pristine parts. (I'd find it entertaining if later on we'd have 3-4 base colors for the car, so we can find all wrong color parts and puzzle our cars together.) 

There are a few things in the update that surprise me. I guess base-building and vehicle fluids/damage will be tackled later. Which is fine for me, since to properly use a base, you need a stable server/version. There's probably going to be a few updates, before that can happen. I just wish they show some love for the infected and create the herds and other features we have seen, soon.

There is so much on the plate right now. Predators and aerial vehicles, bikes and radios...we have a lot to look forward to this summer!

---

Quick question: has anyone been able to dye leather with oak bark in 0.59? I always get the message: "that's not enough bark for even one piece of leather" or something like this; I've put in ten or more bark, just to make sure the amount isn't the problem. So far only nails worked for me. It also seems that the types of bark are generalized with the only exception being beech trees, whose bark appears lighter in the thumbnail; everything else is just called "tree bark" and looks the same.  

Hmm the status report IS on official forum here:

• Like 1

Seems with the small update last night [like 5mb] that zombies are back.

On 5.3.2016 at 1:41 AM, Dchil said:

Seems with the small update last night [like 5mb] that zombies are back.

Back how? They were in the game in version 0.59, just not everywhere on the map. Since those weren't final in any way, I stopped commenting on their behaviour. The infected are a bit of a diversion now, but no real threat. It's still fun when they are involved in a fight between two gunners. We glimpse an idea of what we might get later.

I'm wondering why there aren't any more hotfixes for 0.59. Cars getting stuck and needing driver change to move again, weapon getting stuck in one hand aiming sideways (gangsta!) and a couple more small things like that. I don't think they expect 0.59 to be up + running for much longer, so this will probably just receive some fixing in the next update. I still hope we'll see 0.60 pretty soon on experimental and quickly after that on stable. 

• Like 1

Latest vid on youtube posten 6 mins ago!

They have to post it quicker on this website! The main one!

• Like 2

Heh awesome! First of all I love the lighting with the new renderer and the gradual lighting change! Subtle changes, but they are there. 

Then I lol'd as I read the itemlist and saw Psilocybin mushrooms. Ok Dayz - weed and shroms - will this be a nightmare simulator? In theory the effects of mushrooms should last very long. Will be fun for force-feeding :) I hope it messes up player controls a bit too. 

Re-reading the last SR and I am keen to point out this blurb from Brian...

"We know that members of the community have wanted to see an increase or change in the format of our outbound communication, and that too has received some love this month. We've done some restructuring in the processes behind these, as well as the structure of responsibilities. We're hoping that over the coming month you'll all enjoy the changes in this area - and we'll be keeping an eye on your reactions."

I interpret this as "We hear you and we are doing something to change it for the better"

When he mentions "structure of responsibilities" it reminds me of my time in the IT industry where you had to be so politically correct in your activities that most of the time being clear and concise simply got you fired. What he probably means to convey to us is that the person/s responsible for babysitting the Alpha user base is new and has a greater role. Or put simply, "you sucked at it...so you are being replaced"

What I also glean from this is that "they" will be paying attention to our response to this change.

Today is March 6th and this SR went out 5 days ago. Without deliberately doing it, they have given themselves another benchmark for us to measure them against. If the new person responsible for delivering content news to the community is indeed worthy of the task we should start seeing results of this shortly.

I honestly hope that Brian has an appreciation for just how valuable to their overall reputation this pending increase in transparency is and I do trust that he will measure its success against our input. 

18 minutes ago, philbur said:

Re-reading the last SR and I am keen to point out this blurb from Brian...

<snip>

Hello there

We cannot do anything on how folk want to interprate any info the devs give out.

Perhaps the reason they are so cautious is because so many folk have a tendency to misinterprate the said info.Look at how Hick's "hopefully" was taken as a firm timeline.

Personally, I wont infer anything from this until we see something concrete. yes, it means *something* is going on but until we know exactly what there's no point "measuring" the devs by any "benchmark"

Rgds

LoK

Yup...Agreed...and you are probably right about why they are so "cautious" but my global assessment of the DayZ SA early access program is what I'm referring to. I play the Stable build now and only go over to experimental when the build is fresh. My Forum presence is primarily to be informed of activities by the dev team and what is being done toward the next builds.... If I have nothing to learn then I have no use for it.

If the devs, or their designated spokesperson in these Forums seem to think there is a tendency to misinterpret or take comments out of context I believe it is due to their inability to maintain an effective and efficient format for said activities. They are a result of not having predictable information releases and are largely responsible for our cynicism. Since there "seems" to be a difference of opinion on just how spread out the updates are (Reddit, Twit, DayZ.com, DayZ.com Forums) there will continue to be a great many fans of this project who (due to lack of patience or just plain don't have time to surf endlessly) become frustrated in the lack of clarity for the timelines and direction of the content.

Now please don't tell me that if, I have no use for it,  then maybe I should leave for a while and come back when it is further along....because we are talking about a process that is more or less a core ingredient for any company that has a user base that consolidates their focus in an online entity such as this forum. I am not "one of those guys" that is going anywhere anytime soon. Rather, I am someone who just cannot stand by and watch something that is broken and not want to help fix it. If all I can do is offer an opinion or lend my perspective to it, then that is what I will do. I care too much about seeing DayZ SA become a success to NOT do it. And Hicks should just STOP offering "hopeful" "possible" or even "maybe" guess-timates on builds...I agree that this is just opening the team up for criticism and unhealthy speculation on the actual final release.

So, Yes...we can't control how folk want to interpret dev information.... But...the devs can. ;-)

BTW. To lend a bit of insight as to why I post these comments... I am a person that considers integrity, honesty, and generosity above all else. Pretty righteous, but I try. I will help others at the cost of my own personal benefit and I hold others accountable for their promises.

Edited by philbur
Group Hug!
  • Like 1

Getting back to 0.59 discussion...

Who has ever tried to secure Riffy as a base, and what do you think will happen to those who try?

I came across a few guys in the ship who seemed pretty happy to be there...without realizing that they were sitting ducks should they try to leave the ship for supplies.

This would have been the case...were it not for the good old Server Hoppers... I was having a great time pissing them off from the hill and knew it was just a matter of time before they started to run out of ammo and patience. (they were all clearly a band of PVP buggers).

One guy falls from the ship and dies....and when he respawns back into the server he is behind me and fully geared and looking to end the standoff.

I got away...but this really pissed me off. I GOTTA find a Private server! I am looking to add my own additional Private Slave to a good one to add variety as well (like that kid that no one wants on their team because he sucks...except for the fact he has the cool Hockey nets).

The day we get another Map to add to a second server on the same private shard....that is the day this game becomes a monster! (Well past 1.0 release, obviously...but just remembering the Mod where two maps could exist as separate areas to the same whitelist....that was pretty damn cool!.