boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

I have seen a post about the "New Renderer" here or on reddit, I don't remember.

There was a screenshot that showed a new water shader where the water was muddy, but completely see through all across the board (talking about a small lake/pond here).

Well, if that makes it to stable, RIP the last safe loot location.

There is literally almost no spot on the entire map to reliably stash your loot at now. But I guess the hidden stashes will partly make up for that.

Edited by Buakaw

Had a great (albeit frustrating) evening on a low pop server trying to get a base assembled... I was with three other friends heli hunting and we had two nice little sedans out in the wilderness, we took one out to hunt so the other stayed put in a field on the edge of the map near sinistok, there was only two others on at this point. Me and my friends heli hunted for what seemed like three hours and right before that we loaded up the second sedan full of guns and ammo .. So after our long adventure we go back to the stash spot to realize one of our cars has been jacked!! We stupidly left all tires and battery in thinking our spot was invincible, we were dead wrong, and rightfully so out for vengeance.

A few hours pass by of looking through neighboring towns (vavilovo , lopatino and the like) for our freshly jacked car , and we decide that we dont care anymore and want to get to the coast to start some sardine fishing. As we get to  balota town i spot some lights up ahead, i tell my driver to shut the car off and we all get into a kill zone. using the most useless of our friends as bait (hes not good at PVP and never tries -_- ) the guys slow down, i take a glance at their vehicle and  we now have reason to kill them... they are driving the sedan we've been looking for ! I quickly open a gate into the road and they stop dead to try not to hit it, this is when i pop out in front and lay 6 rounds of my FN FAL into his chest , he somehow drives around the gate at around 25 MPH.. This is when my other two friends pop out from either side of the street and open a hail of gunfire on the car.. We all focus the back of the car and see someone bolt out of the passenger side, leaving their severly wounded friend slumped over in the drivers side. I run to interrogate the one unconscious in the car, realizing hes in no mood to talk i pierce his skull and push his lifeless corpse out of the car to take control, slowly crunching the body underneath, the sedans tires spin as it can not conquer the human spine ; at this time my friends are unloading an AKM and FAL at the guy retreating, he goes down with grace as our decoy yells "ANOTHER ONE!" and at that instant his head explodes with gore, rendering him dead and gone, and what seemed to be almost the same instance my other friend gets gunned down as he is checking the hills for more, we shouldn't have been so stupid ; the sniper was sitting behind ANOTHER car (this one a hatchback) that we didnt notice had pulled up into the street.  So unfortunately i had ran out of ammo and he sniped me as i tried to rush one of the bodies for more ammo, and took out the last of my crew after a few minutes of flanking and sniping. We want back immediately, the last guy was fixing the cars trying to get them to work and he suddenly gets suspicious and logs off (knowing that me and another friend were watching him from afar, waiting for our third friend to arrive with a freshly found Winchester) leaving us the THREE , count 'em, THREE cars, one hatcback and two sedans ... Whoever you were (4 - 6 clan mates, we only fought 4 of them but we saw the rest of your clan on all day) it was a great fight and i hope we didnt scare you too bad, but sorry man when you steal someones car, and they have skills much like the Taken guy, you have got to expect some reckoning !

Cant wait to see vehicle desync solved because honestly that was the most frustrating part about tonight, every time a car gets close to another theres severe desync and teleportation and freezing, its BAD. But besides that , it was a great night .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 2

Do YOU want to find helicopter crash sites? Do you think it's a waste of time, or that you will inevitably check every spawn on the map and come up dry?

For only 12 easy payments of $999.99 you too can learn how to find heli-crashes like a pro! Just watch our video for proof! It's easy as pie!

(Kappa, I didn't make this video)

I found 3 within an hour today on this route. FAL and a VSS and an AUG :)

Yay ...endgame content ^^

Uhhhh........

I just caught some Wellies.

KXluC35.jpg

They ate the bait. I'm scared.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 3

Uhhhh........

I just caught some Wellies.

Did you skin and prepare them? Was it a good meal, rich in rubber and other nutrients (like paint) ;)?

I had a lot of this weapon bug after drinking again today. Even if Iet it finish the animation it happened 1x. The other times I picked up stuff too quickly. Sometimes it looks like the animation is over, but then, after taking a few steps, I sit down to have another drink. It's nice to see your weapon close up every once in a while, but there is no way to fix this, unless you re-join (can't drop the weapon/item in your hands on the ground); it also happened with a tire:

2016-01-17_00004_zpsh1l7lk12.jpg

2016-01-17_00001_zpsek699t2b.jpg

2016-01-17_00011_zpsiht9z8jw.jpg

It was a beautiful day, yet somewhat hazy. It rained shortly after this picture and only for a few minutes, but I had to take shelter anyway, because I'm not wearing waterproof clothing:

2016-01-17_00002_zpso7iducq7.jpg

Today was the first day I saw an animal (oink!) in reach of a hunting stand, which is great. I didn't really need the leather, but I took a shot anyway - and missed. The AKS-U isn't really the rifle to take hunting ^^

2016-01-17_00007_zpseomtvn89.jpg

I also saw this chicken of the forest yesterday:

2016-01-15_00017_zpsarov5a4e.jpg

As you can see the dangerous beast is frozen yet the animations were still working. I decided not to kill it, but test why they are getting stuck. I went a good deal out of a 400m radius and returned and on the way back it ran past me. So apparently when something startles them, they start running away, only to be stopped cold when they reach their "action radius" and then it needs someone else to enter the zone, in order to make them run again. Since I don't assume anyone else was there, it seemingly just continued its escape from before when I entered back into its radius. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I also saw this chicken of the forest yesterday:

2016-01-15_00017_zpsarov5a4e.jpg

As you can see the dangerous beast is frozen yet the animations were still working. I decided not to kill it, but test why they are getting stuck. I went a good deal out of a 400m radius and returned and on the way back it ran past me. So apparently when something startles them, they start running away, only to be stopped cold when they reach their "action radius" and then it needs someone else to enter the zone, in order to make them run again. Since I don't assume anyone else was there, it seemingly just continued its escape from before when I entered back into its radius. 

I don't see a chicken but I do see a deer. Are you sure you didn't mean deer instead of chicken?

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

so i spent all day fixing vehicles, i fixed a truck and 2 sedans and none of them move. the screen just jiggles when i rev up. all the tires are pristine., tried on a new server. what am i doing wrong. is this a thing and has anybody else seen it or fixed it?

I don't see a chicken but I do see a deer. Are you sure you didn't mean deer instead of chicken?

I am sure! There are only chicken in the game at the moment. Chicken of the sea, Chicken of the lake, Chicken of the Forest and multiple Chicken of the Fields. Yet - where is the Chicken of the cave? 

so i spent all day fixing vehicles, i fixed a truck and 2 sedans and none of them move. the screen just jiggles when i rev up. all the tires are pristine., tried on a new server. what am i doing wrong. is this a thing and has anybody else seen it or fixed it?

It happens. You can try removing the wheels and putting them on again (repair them, too), get some distance between you and the vehicle and re-log. I got a bus to work that way, yesterday. Sometimes they get stuck for no reason. Sometimes they are actually stuck on something. It might also help to get a friend to try, as there were cars I couldn't move, but my friend just got in and drove away. It's maddening sometimes...

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Its a pretty common problem for me. Having a friend get in as driver usually fixes it for everyone.

If you're solo, ive had good success in this:

Remove all tires

Grab one tire into hands

Relog

Put all tires back on and it should work

(You need a lug wrench)

• Like 1

yeah removing the tires and relogging works, has anyone submitted a trouble ticket? may be it has someting to do with the time between adding tires or when they look like they dissapear and come back.

Don't say zombie. People get butthurt.

YOu where told not to say ZOMBIE!! hehe

/who the hell cares anyway. It chases you and feeds on your flesh, seems pretty close to me.

well that does it for today

That's not gonna stay hidden for a long time ;)

I'm pretty sure devs are aware of the problems with cars doing funky things and since it's a heavily WIP feature, they are getting worked on anyway. Another good thing to notice is that sometimes the breaks will fail after you experience desync from another car nearby. It's fun to find out you have no breaks when heading for a 90° corner ;)

Oh - and headlights don't work after they have been destroyed once.

Also, if you get out the car on a slope and it gets stuck and you do the relog thing, make sure it's not in reverse or neutral, or it will roll down the hill, until a tree stops it. And if you chop down the tree, chances are it destroys your car completely. Happened with my bus today. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Does anyone know whether wardrobes are persistent? Also it seems you can only access them with the old UI.

Does anyone know whether wardrobes are persistent? Also it seems you can only access them with the old UI.

No they aren't. I'm not sure how long they last, but I think no longer than the time the item stays around regularly (so ~ 30 minutes for weapons). And yeah with newUI I can't access them. 

• Like 1

So from my experience last night, I see running out of garages can be fatal.

Did a few searches to find a discussion on this but I turned up none, so apologies if I've missed something obvious(still getting up to speed with the forums) 

I know stairs carry an inherent risk of injury deep in the code but this was exiting a garage whilst running in Vishnoye

Do any of you know if this still a game wide issue, or is it an occurence that is tied to geometry of a particular place?

So from my experience last night, I see running out of garages can be fatal.

Did a few searches to find a discussion on this but I turned up none, so apologies if I've missed something obvious(still getting up to speed with the forums) 

I know stairs carry an inherent risk of injury deep in the code but this was exiting a garage whilst running in Vishnoye

Do any of you know if this still a game wide issue, or is it an occurence that is tied to geometry of a particular place?

Beware entering any building with an entrance that is not level with the terrain. We've had 6 instances in the group I play with of death from entering or leaving a structure under such circumstances, mostly sheds. I reported it on the Feedback Tracker.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Beware entering any building with an entrance that is not level with the terrain. We've had 6 instances in the group I play with of death from entering or leaving a structure under such circumstances, mostly sheds. I reported it on the Feedback Tracker.

Would you mind linking to that here? I'd love to show it some attention, as this has been an issue for me on multiple occasions. Seems difficult to track since it doesn't show up on admin logs either.

• Like 1

I was wondering whether to report it on the tracker, as I have no hard info other than "this thing happened at this place".

Would you mind linking to that here? I'd love to show it some attention, as this has been an issue for me on multiple occasions. Seems difficult to track since it doesn't show up on admin logs either.

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=29226

I have the footage from one of my deaths saved, but I haven't uploaded it to Youtube yet. Maybe I should.

• Like 2

I was wondering whether to report it on the tracker, as I have no hard info other than "this thing happened at this place".

I'm suspecting the running is what causes the problem. I've been injured and killed on stairs when I ran out, but that didn't happen when I walked. There is no particular garage/apartment where that happens either. It can happen almost anywhere, though the most times I've been killed like that was in the Berezino Apartments; second most would be in Nowodmitrovsk. Most of the time nothing happens and I still go there and search. I make sure to craft a splint before going, I wear military or working boots and say a prayer before leaving each apartment. So far I've been lucky and haven't had that happen in the garages. These issues are highly irritating, because they occur so randomly. Hopefully they can be fixed. 

I wonder if your character's weight could be an issue. The times I was killed or injured in those apartments, I always wore a mountain backpack and was pretty full/heavy. I don't think weight is implemented yet, but I wonder if it's actually a type of backpack causing part of the problem (because it's so big). Do you remember which backpack you wore when looting?

Why I came here: I want to complain that Fragnet servers all have been giving the wrong restart messages for at least a month now. I get a message "restart in five minutes" and then nothing happens for hours. This makes it pretty annoying to deal with flipped vehicles. Can it be fixed, please?

Edited by S3V3N

I'm suspecting the running is what causes the problem. I've been injured and killed on stairs when I ran out, but that didn't happen when I walked. 

Emuthreat just died walking, not running, into a shed. Running might be more likely to make the problem trigger, but it isn't the key. Also, two of us died from this bug while wearing a Hunting Backpack.

Edited by ColdAtrophy