boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Did some more digging through the files. Found references to base building items (wooden planks, metal plates, fences, all the new "leaked" items like generator, lights, etc.) and something called a "clutter cutter." Not sure exactly what that's referring to, maybe the camo blind that was leaked? There are also various references to creating an underground stash (which some of you may have seen posted already).

It seems we'll be getting more world containers in short order, including trash cans. Those and other world containers will be configured to randomly spawn loot, mostly food and basic medical supplies.

For anyone curious about Sardines (the kind you catch, not in a can) -- from what I can see, they are not able to be prepared anymore and probably won't ever be. You should be able to cook them whole now however, as they are configured for the various states of cooking (raw, baked, boiled, burned). Someone should give this a try :)

What I did not see was anything else related to the new ability of putting holes in barrels to use them as a fireplace. Maybe I just didn't see it, but I didn't come across anything about cooking pots or any other secondary function.

• Like 5

I too initially had the impression that the newui gave me an approximate 10fps boost.

I then realized that even one degree in angle can heavily influence measurement, so if you want accurate comparison, you cant even move a single inch.

after all that I still came to the conclusion that newui does, in fact, slightly improve performance. I would say in the worst spots by about 3-5 fps and overall a bit better.

I haven´t moved for sure the second time. But maybe a player was in my proximity not sure.

And i think the same it does improve the performance somehow.

I hope Tatanko is wrong about the optimization until beta but I'm afraid I'm going to have to swallow it and just wait. :(

Yeah, heavy work in this regard is most likely not going to happen until we're at feature complete at Beta.

• Like 4

The players that are standing still are dead bodies its a bug.

It is a nasty bug indeed! We know about the bug and it's been filed internally already.

Finally got an hour on 0.59 today, didn't see any Zs but the standing dead scared the crap out of me, I know it's a bug but it's kind of cool too.

-snip-Now, of course, I can't find fertilizer anywhere, even though I found a bag or two in every village yesterday. I might try to make some from plant material. I forgot, how that works, though.

-snip-

Did anyone address this yet?

I don't think the plant material requires any treatment to be used as fertilizer.

From the wiki:

"This item will be useable in horiculture as a fertilizer. It is gained from plants."

— In-game description

Ive been getting some very poor frame rates with the new update, getting between 5-9 fps in medium-small towns. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

not extremely knowledgeable about computers but i did splash out on the new alienware 15" laptop also running the external graphics amp with a 980 ti, intel i7 4710HQ processor, 8 gb ram and windows 10 64 bit. Definitely seems far worse than before for me... Does anyone have any ideas on how i could up the performance or is it just a case of waiting until they tweak the new renderer a little more?

thanks

edit: do we report bugs here?

Edited by Salty seadog

Ive been getting some very poor frame rates with the new update, getting between 5-9 fps in medium-small towns. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

not extremely knowledgeable about computers but i did splash out on the new alienware 15" laptop also running the external graphics amp with a 980 ti, intel i7 4710HQ processor, 8 gb ram and windows 10 64 bit. Definitely seems far worse than before for me... Does anyone have any ideas on how i could up the performance or is it just a case of waiting until they tweak the new renderer a little more?

thanks

edit: do we report bugs here?

It would be much appreciated if you filed bugs on the Feedback Tracker: http://feedback.dayz.com

• Like 2

A bit of a running joke between ColdAtrophy and I is how many KoS experiences he has compared to friendly experiences that I have.

It might just be dumb luck, or it might be how we play when solo that is the difference.

Nothing I've thought of yet fully accounts for the contrasting experiences.

Yeah. I don't "meet" people. They just start shooting immediately. I never double carry, I never wear a helmet unless I'm wearing a motorcycle helmet and fighting infected, and I usually only wear two pieces of military gear: the Plate Carrier and Military Boots. I just don't get it.

Everyone you meet wants to give you stuff and skip happily through fields with you picking flowers. Everyone I meet is frothing at the mouth and laughing hysterically.

• Like 7

What's the point of the clip then? I can carry more ammo stacked and it feeds them into the rifle just as fast.

Maybe in the future you can load only one bullet at a time, so you need to repeat the reload process x times if the gun is using internal magazine. That would be kind of cool. Add that to magazines so you need to load one bullet at a time in the magazine and we have things simulated right.

• Like 3

Maybe in the future you can load only one bullet at a time, so you need to repeat the reload process x times if the gun is using internal magazine. That would be kind of cool. Add that to magazines so you need to load one bullet at a time in the magazine and we have things simulated right.

there's a line between detail and needlessly tiresome.  when we put boots on will there be a delay to simulate tying the laces?

Edited by Red_Ensign

What I did not see was anything else related to the new ability of putting holes in barrels to use them as a fireplace. Maybe I just didn't see it, but I didn't come across anything about cooking pots or any other secondary function.

Well, I just gave it a try and it doesn't seem to accept a cookpot yet, but you can still "pose stick towards fire" so there doesn't seem to be a disadvantage to the fire barrel.

I took a few screenies

I found some game to hunt near Polesovo.

5ojSSaP.jpg

I found a barrel in Kamensk town and scurried into the nearby woods.

The cookpot wouldn't attach to the barrel, it kept ending up in it's inventory.

I left it there just to test, but it ruined the pot.

dOyZLJ0.jpg

Steak on a stick!  

Fortunately I saved one steak just in case.  

The "pose stick towards fire" was still an option, so I still got to eat some fresh venison!

BeWAv1D.jpg

Also, the fire seems to stay lit even with the lid closed.

Unfortunately this was in the daytime so I couldn't tell whether it made the fire/smoke any less visible from a distance.

• Like 6

Yeah. I don't "meet" people. They just start shooting immediately. I never double carry, I never wear a helmet unless I'm wearing a motorcycle helmet and fighting infected, and I usually only wear two pieces of military gear: the Plate Carrier and Military Boots. I just don't get it.

Everyone you meet wants to give you stuff and skip happily through fields with you picking flowers. Everyone I meet is frothing at the mouth and laughing hysterically.

Too funny!

I have pretty much the same experience whenever I hop onto a Stable server, but on Exp I generally have neutral, or positive interactions. There are exceptions, obviously.

• Like 2

Did anyone address this yet?

I don't think the plant material requires any treatment to be used as fertilizer.

From the wiki:

"This item will be useable in horiculture as a fertilizer. It is gained from plants."

— In-game description

Plant material and small guts from fish in a barrel gave you a drop down to make fertilizer las time I tried in .58 exp. I don't remember who but someone figured out how to make a whole bag but the best I got was 70-80% of a bag using various amounts of full stacks of plant materials and multiple part stacks of guts defendant on the knife I used's condition. 

I'm 50-50 for interaction, helped a nice Aussie freshspawn get off Skalitsy and meet his buddy in Kami and was told I was the nicest guy he'd met in a thousand hours playing on the AUS 3pp server. Got the no words just fists from a dude in Svetlo before I even had  a backpack on the SNG 1pp yesterday so go figure.

Gonna backup and delete my config before I pop on in a bit and see if that helps.

• Like 4

At least you don't constantly meet and see people eating eachother  <_< i already have enough problems what with the zombies and people trying to make me eat lead and now people are trying to eat me! and don't even get me started on hanibal the god damn cannibal i think this guy follows me on every exp server sometimes it takes awhile for him to pop up but most of the time he is just there... waiting and eating human meat.  :unsure:

• Like 8

I found some game to hunt near Polesovo.

Did they have a dying animation, or did they also just kinda stand there after you shot them? I shot chicken, foxes and a boar today and they all just stopped moving and I had to go near to see that I could actually skin and quarter them. Also, I haven't tried with the boar pelt yet, but I could not turn the fox pelt into leather. I used a bag of "damaged" fertilizer, but I don't think that's the issue. I got the "tan leather" prompt after closing the lid, but it kept insisting that I had to add pelts to tan...

I yet have to see some deer, nice find there. Even though it's probably random, I'm gonna check out the area. Gives me something else to do than collecting gear and weapons. Somehow, I'm not much interested in shooting anyone on experimental servers. It's weird, but I just assume most of us are checking new stuff out and since it's all gonna change with updates/wipes, playing tight-arsed on experimental seems over the top. It's fun so far, but I'm missing some sort of transport. Cars will make the game a lot more complete for me. Also: any rain on your server, or is that simply not in again? I wonder, why not. The only odd thing is that everything I put into barrels gets damp and wet, including jackets that say they are water-resistant in the description. Must be raining in the barrels ;)

Also, in case you haven't heard/read: the firebarrels only last 30 minutes until they despawn, at the moment. So chose wisely what you wanna use a barrel for. Can we poke holes in a barrel and still use it as container? I get the option with full barrels. I don't wanna chose it, but I'm sure as hell gonna misclick on that drop-drown menu, sooner or later; while carrying an axe or knife.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

there's a line between detail and needlessly tiresome.  when we put boots on will there be a delay to simulate tying the laces?

No but guns usually have reload delays in game. Many shotguns are reloaded one shell at a time. You need to have magazines already full before any firefight or otherwise you're screwed unless you find a place to hide and fill the magazine. It realy takes some time and it's worse if you're in a panic.

Did they have a dying animation, or did they also just kinda stand there after you shot them?

Also: any rain on your server, or is that simply not in again? I wonder, why not. The only odd thing is that everything I put into barrels gets damp and wet, including jackets that say they are water-resistant in the description. Must be raining in the barrels ;)

Can we poke holes in a barrel and still use it as container?

There wasn't a dying animation for this deer, she was just standing upright but I still could harvest everything.

Nope, I haven't seen any rain yet in .59

All barrels have some liquid in them when you find them (oil or water, I'm not sure), if you inspect you can see how much liquid is in each one, the amount seems random.

I left a splitting axe in one and the ruined cookpot in this last barrel, both eventually despawned.

My guess is after you poke holes in it, it's done for.

Edit:  

In the woods between Polesovo and Kamensk has always been good to me for finding deer, that's why I headed in that direction.  

It might just be dumb luck or maybe because it's just a light traffic area, I'm not sure but it always seems to work out well for me.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

- Quick slots opening up with expanded clothing, like that. Makes sense to have you quick slots depending on the type of clothing you have on.

I hate that.  I am the type of person that like to always keep certain items (or class of items) in the same hot key slot.  For example I always keep bandages/rags in slot 7 and morphine/splint in 8.  Last night instead of just being able to hit the hot keys for items like I normally would, I would have to fish around looking for their new "temp" position or open inventory to find them.

There was no reason to make this change...

• Like 2

Not with the Mosin, or maybe only when you have 2 clips? I could not use "r" for it, but I did use it in the past and it worked. But I read on reddit that everything regarding weapon animations/reloading is heavily WIP at this time. It's fine anyway, stuff works in other ways. 

Every weapon that has either snap loaders or clips (mosin, blaze, magnum, sks) can be reloaded by pressing "r" when the said clips or loaders are in your inventory. Worked 100% of the time for me. Hundreds of reloads using this way. 

In the current stable 0.58, and for the past months/years, we've been able to load eg: An SKS with loose rounds, and then drag those rounds back to the inventory to create an "artificial" clip. The stack of ammo had no ammo count, and you could "eject" the ammo to bring it back to it's loose state. Also, pressing "r" when out of ammo let you automatically reload the weapon without having to go in the inventory and manipulating items. 

This was also possible with weapons that didn't use snap loaders or clips. eg: You could load a Repeater with loose .357 rounds, then drag the ammo out of the weapon and create a stack, without ammo count, that could be used by pressing "r" when the weapon was empty.

I'm glad that's all a thing of the past!! Currently with 0.59 experimental you can't remove bullets you put in a weapon without ejecting them, making this impossible to create "artificial" snap loaders and clips. The way they are used know is correct. When you use a snap loader or clip, the piece of metal or plastic holding the bullets shouldn't be inside the weapon. It's only used to speed up the process of putting ammo in the weapon.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

I'm glad that's all a thing of the past!! Currently with 0.59 experimental you can't remove bullets you put in a weapon without ejecting them, making this impossible to create "artificial" snap loaders and clips. The way they are used know is correct. When you use a snap loader or clip, the piece of metal or plastic holding the bullets should be inside the weapon. It's only used to speed up the process of putting ammo in the weapon.

That is true, I tried the old way too and it just popped out the two bullets (from a Blaze) and no "pre-loaded" thingy like it did before. However, try reloading a mosin with a clip by pressing "r" in 0.59. I tried pretty much everything to make it use the clip, but it just fed the ammo in subsequently, instead all at once. And it never worked with "r" the only option at the moment is "chamber ammo"/drag+drop; it will load all 5 rounds. As has been suggested, it might be the animations are missing, but clips are really useless, without "r" to reload. I would usually chamber some bullets and then use a clip for backup. Found no way to do it in this build, at least not with the mosin. I'm not sure "r" is working at all in this build, but I'll have to check with other rifles and pistols. Also, wasn't it that you could only chamber 3 bullets without a clip into the Mosin? At least it loaded 5 now and the SKS (later today) loaded 10 without a strip. 

Also, AKs are useless/jammed. Can't confirm it myself yet, but just watched this vid:

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-warning-exp-0-59-broken-jamming-ak-s-sks-work-around/#comment-65290

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

For anyone curious about Sardines (the kind you catch, not in a can) -- from what I can see, they are not able to be prepared anymore and probably won't ever be. You should be able to cook them whole now however, as they are configured for the various states of cooking (raw, baked, boiled, burned). Someone should give this a try :)

We couldn't prepare them either in 0.58, when we tried on debug island. Only the mackerel was prepared and cook. We could not cool the sardines either...

I found multiple fishing hooks, killed 2 boars, but alas never tried to cook anything at all yet. No fishing or cooking. Been avoiding making too much noise or light since most of the time I played, the servers were almost full. 

Hoping to catch some evening gaming time and test out some of the questions that been circulating.

• Like 2

I noticed that meat I put on the stick did only visually upgrade, while the meat on the stick still looked raw. I had to remove it a couple of times and put it in my inventory to see how far cooked it actually is. I don't know, if that happend with the sardines, but if you can cook them whole on a stick, maybe it works that way? Sardines are really too small to filet, so it could be they work only as a whole? I wanna fish, too. How did you catch them with the improvised fish trap or with the big net thing? 

Well, I just gave it a try and it doesn't seem to accept a cookpot yet, but you can still "pose stick towards fire" so there doesn't seem to be a disadvantage to the fire barrel.

I took a few screenies

Did you happen to eat the meat that you cooked? If you did, did it make you sick afterwards? It's supposed to be fixed, but I haven't seen a confirmation of it yet.

I noticed that meat I put on the stick did only visually upgrade, while the meat on the stick still looked raw. I had to remove it a couple of times and put it in my inventory to see how far cooked it actually is. I don't know, if that happend with the sardines, but if you can cook them whole on a stick, maybe it works that way? Sardines are really too small to filet, so it could be they work only as a whole? I wanna fish, too. How did you catch them with the improvised fish trap or with the big net thing? 

I'm going to have to try cooking some on a stick or in a cooking pot to see what happens. Previously they just got ruined, maybe now they'll actually cook.

They are easiest to get with the small fish trap (plastic bottle), but I haven't actually caught any in 0.59 yet.

• Like 2