Yuval

TwitchCon - DayZ (Tisy Mil Base, Little Bird, Beards)

Stop all these talkings, we don't need no razors!

After the guy is shaved he kinda resembles Brian...

BhaWKt9.png

A little lower to the neck and I would call that, Dwarinism.

First heli's ever seen working will result in the largest concentration of anti-aircraft fire from non AA weapon since AA weapons were invented.

I'd be willing to go at one with a damn MP133 and a Python for all the good it'd do.

I doubt they'll be in the air long enough to see anything meaningful.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

Guys, if your axe or knife is sharp enough, then you actually stand less of a chance of cutting yourself than with a "standard" safety razor. That, and a knowledge of angles.

I shave with my sheath knife all the time. You just need really hot water and time. You can't just throw some soap on your face and go to town. The hot water has to penetrate and soften the hairs.

Try to look on the bright side. This will make the game more difficult for you, which is a good thing.  I assume that you choose to play DayZ because it is a harsh, unrelenting, environment designed to continually challenge you in new and interesting ways.

If you ask really nice, I might tell you my super-secret technique for barrel-vaulting; it puts barrels in places you otherwise would not be able to set them.  But you must first agree to stop whining about improvements to the game that many of us have been anticipating for months.  I never though you would be one of the people who don't "understand" what DayZ is about.

Beards confirmed....lets wrap this game up as it is now feature complete.

That's only going to be feature complete for some ppl.

Ppl like me will call it feature complete once we see how the new infected are going to work in action and if they can do so successfully with entire mobs of them.

I'm ok with helicopters as long as they put in a weapon system to bring them down. A shoulder fired stinger would be nice but I'd rather see something more akin to a ZSU-23.

Remember that these birds can be shot down..

With what?  The mod had .50 cal anti-material rifles like the AS50 that could bring down a helicopter a mile away.  Are people going to shoot down a gunship with a handful of pistol rounds?

As Mark Darkers said, they had helos in the Mod and it wasn't an issue.  Even the 1000 vehicles, dozen helicopters servers, it wasn't like the sky was filled with helicopters Apocalypse Now style.

I've found / stole helicopters in the Mod on vanilla servers, and unless you have a clan of a dozen guys guarding a permanent base, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.  It is actually tough to see people from the air.  Everyone for miles will come running when you come in for a landing.  They take forever to fuel.

With what?  The mod had .50 cal anti-material rifles like the AS50 that could bring down a helicopter a mile away.  Are people going to shoot down a gunship with a handful of pistol rounds?

As Mark Darkers said, they had helos in the Mod and it wasn't an issue.  Even the 1000 vehicles, dozen helicopters servers, it wasn't like the sky was filled with helicopters Apocalypse Now style.

I've found / stole helicopters in the Mod on vanilla servers, and unless you have a clan of a dozen guys guarding a permanent base, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.  It is actually tough to see people from the air.  Everyone for miles will come running when you come in for a landing.  They take forever to fuel.

Its a little bird not a gunship - and you can shoot down a little bird with virtually any gun, they will be shot out of the sky you can count on that

Guys need to learn to take a joke with all the Axe shaving thing. I can't believe half of the replies were actually serious.

Besides that, with people rolling around with Mosins, AKMs and M4s - even a group of 3 shouldn't find it hard to aim for the rotor and damage it with some lucky shots. I mean sure you won't be able to take out a chopper from 800 meters away but as Brian said - if a chopper is following you, strafing you or attempting to land - all the 7.62 variants (including the .308) will come in pretty handy. You just need to know where to shoot.

It's the easiest thing on earth to shoot the pilot out of a Little Bird. The pilot is open to two sides and has only a windscreen in front of him (which is not bulletproof i assume). An AKM with PSO-1 scope and 30 rounds will take care of that.

• Like 1

It's the easiest thing on earth to shoot the pilot out of a Little Bird. The pilot is open to two sides and has only a windscreen in front of him (which is not bulletproof i assume). An AKM with PSO-1 scope and 30 rounds will take care of that.

Doesn't PSO spawn only with SVD?

• Like 1

When he was saying "there will be a nice medium between the two".

Is the "two" the Mod/A2 and TOH/RotorLib?

What the heck is TOH/RotorLib? XD

Take On Helicopters. RotorLib is the advanced flight model.

• Like 1

Presumably - ArmA 2 had pretty simplistic flight, but TOH's general model is reasonably close to being a simulation (although not exactly.)

It'll probably end up being like ArmA 3's, where the controls aren't very hard to master but you still have to deal with environmental effects and whatnot.

Doesn't PSO spawn only with SVD?

Well okay, that might not be the way to go :D But a revolver will work, too, if the heli doesn't move to much and isn't too high ;)

Yes I understood that something between the two. I guess they want it to be easier for KB and Mouse users but maybe they can put some harder start so you don't just click engine on and that's it.

Would you shave your head or your balls with an axe? XD

wha? .. doesn't everybody ?

• Like 2

Just remember, they said trucks and parts were going to be super rare that only a small amount of people and a large clan would be able to get one running, look how that went on .58

Just remember how trees rendered from the air, no matter how good you hide that barrel against the trunk, they're going to see that yellow barrel from a mile away.

Just remember, they said trucks and parts were going to be super rare that only a small amount of people and a large clan would be able to get one running, look how that went on .58

Just remember how trees rendered from the air, no matter how good you hide that barrel against the trunk, they're going to see that yellow barrel from a mile away.

Hiding barrels, tents (and maybe some other storage in future) in remote buildings that can be barricaded will be a thing in the future. There are those red houses that have small roof at the side where you can park under it. I also think barns will be good place to hide your stash or vehicle. In mod we parked URAL in red roof barn.