boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

so anyways guys, i really can't wait any more, i can't take it :( 

we are gonna do the testing again right, so gather in steam groups asap right?

• Like 2

so anyways guys, i really can't wait any more, i can't take it :(

we are gonna do the testing again right, so gather in steam groups asap right?

For me its the same i can´t wait anymore.

And yes groups would be nice.

• Like 1

Ughhjjj they really gonna do this silent thing til they finally release it ? If those are "survivor evangelists" In that test room i'm gonna be piiiissseddd! Some scrub ass PVPers shouldnt get first stab at all the good patches , it should be US the TESTERS!

If these are survivor evangelists, not having Tatanko or Thurman in is bordering blasphemy. ;)   Them and Hobo would undoubtedly bring a lot of cool ideas to the game.

that said, from what I've heard, these evangelist stuff is supposed to be a weekend thing, so I guess this has nothing to do with the community scrum.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 1

If these are survivor evangelists, not having Tatanko or Thurman in is bordering blasphemy. ;)   

Notice how Tatanko isn't around right now...

• Like 1

hehe ... I feel rumours circulating B)

If these are survivor evangelists, not having Tatanko or Thurman in is bordering blasphemy. ;)   Them and Hobo would undoubtedly bring a lot of cool ideas to the game.

that said, from what I've heard, these evangelist stuff is supposed to be a weekend thing, so I guess this has nothing to do with the community scrum.

hehe ... I feel rumours circulating B)

I knew it.  Why that no-good, screenshot-taking, two-timing, password-hoarding, hyphen-inducing grumble grumble grumble  :P

• Like 5

i actually wanted to say that, that sounds suspicious  :P i really like what tatanko do, his awesome:)

I knew it.  Why that no-good, screenshot-taking, two-timing, password-hoarding, hyphen-inducing grumble grumble grumble  :P

i actually wanted to say that, that sounds suspicious  :P i really like what tatanko do, his awesome:)

I promise I'm not playing some super secret test build  :lol: Right now I'm at work, which is far less fun. I'm itching for 0.59 as badly as the rest of you!

• Like 11

i hate this silent treatment !? 

why no one say a word about it? last time i checked it was ready to go but some hardware failure which is resolved caused them to delay, so whats taking so long :( 

guess they want to extend it so they have something to talk in status report :D

why no one say a word about it? last time i checked it was ready to go but some hardware failure which is resolved caused them to delay, so whats taking so long :(

It's not the silent treatment.

We don't get any word until there is something happening for us 100% or something we need to know.

I want to believe there is a very good reason why they didn't release a patch today....

And if it means a better first iteration for 0.59 then I'm all for it.

Maybe tests went well today and they are holding off for Wednesday maintenance rather than trying to release late today?

• Like 2

They've generated five, or six internal builds since the hardware issue, so rather than standing around with their collective whatsits in their hand, I expect that the devs have merged more commits into experimental. These new commits probably need some smoothing over, before they are released.

Rust never sleeps!

• Like 5

It's not the silent treatment.

We don't get any word until there is something happening for us 100% or something we need to know.

I want to believe there is a very good reason why they didn't release a patch today....

And if it means a better first iteration for 0.59 then I'm all for it.

Maybe tests went well today and they are holding off for Wednesday maintenance rather than trying to release late today?

i know i'm being un-patient here but i really like to hear the reason you know? 

i know there most be a reason not to release it today for sure maybe some other thing went wrong.

hopefully we get to see the update tomorrow after maintenance. 

so the status report is officially happening in Wednesday too now? from what i knew, they delayed it a day or too then it kept being out at wedsndays.

• Like 1

Late day update.

Still showing a "The Test 1" .59 server, but with 0/50 players.

Normally before an update is pushed it goes to Test 5 then released. At least that's how .58 worked when small hotfixes came about. No steamdb activity is pointing to yet another day to go by with no Exp. 

/meh

I promise I'm not playing some super secret test build  :lol: Right now I'm at work, which is far less fun. I'm itching for 0.59 as badly as the rest of you!

Well as far as I know, you're taking a bit of a break at the moment, am I right?

I did the same thing but I do sometimes play a bit like today.

I rather play less/take a break than keep on playing. If I keep on playing I'm going to "hate" the game and it goes in the virtual shelf for a while until I feel like playing it again. :lol:

By the way guys: I think we can expect an experimental build tommorow. It's a good time, pushing it with the weekly maintenance.

It's just a guess though, don't shoot me if I'm not right. :D

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Ya my guess is tommorrow with an extended maintenance period , or Friday night right before they leave for the day ... Regardless unless another wrench is thrown into the gears I'm thinking we'll all be enjoying dayz .59 this weekend :) after this patch dayz will truly be looking like a survival game , I just hope to see zombies back in by .60 in larger numbers .

Well as far as I know, you're taking a bit of a break at the moment, am I right?

I did the same thing but I do sometimes play a bit like today.

Right. Since the 0.58 hotfix, I've been playing some other things to mix it up (Ark, Arma 2, etc.) with some DayZ sprinkled in, too. It's always good to take a break so you don't get burnt out on it, and now is as good of a time as any I say :)

• Like 3

So how is everyone finding the CLE at the moment ? i have been holding off playing for ages but have jumped on for 20 min here and there.. i havent found any ridiculous loot splosions.. only things like 3-4 bandannas in the log cabin or 2 of the same shirt in the restaurant building.. but from what i can tell it feels alot better from my small amount of experience with .58.. I have been finding weapons alot to in the residential areas, i wouldnt say its over the top... maybe 3 weapons in 2 hrs(shotgun, rifle & crossbow), i do know about the adjustments they made with residential areas having more domestic weapons also.

So yeah..I think things are looking good for the most part..(we will see  B) )

Also, cant wait to see that sound trap with the can that was shown somewhere as a WIP in the last month or so

So wasn't 0.59 supposed to hit today on experimental?

No.

We were told "next week"and we're hoping for today.

IF the patch is released today it will likely be between now and roughly 3pm.

No.

We were told "next week"and we're hoping for today.

IF the patch is released today it will likely be between now and roughly 3pm.

As of all this silence I wouldn't doubt if it's pushed back yet another week ... We can only wait and see unfortunately , hicks and eugens twitters are dry as a bone Dx

• Like 1

As of all this silence I wouldn't doubt if it's pushed back yet another week ... We can only wait and see unfortunately , hicks and eugens twitters are dry as a bone Dx

I would say that is the worst case scenario and quite possible.

I personally won't be going very far from my computer until we have some kind of news or 3/4pm comes and goes with no word.

Here's to hoping!! :beans:

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

I'm as anxious as everyone else, but in fairness, the devs told us that there would be some engine modules swapped out in 0.59. These are BIG changes and they are guaranteed to result in unanticipated consequences. It's the nature of the beast ... when you touch one bit of code, invariably, you break three (or more) other bits.   :(

• Like 7