boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

(Pointedly about .58 he asks)   When did the hiking jackets get added?  I have been finding them around lately.  I like them a lot.

Edited by Barnabus

.58 is wrung dry and these threads usually devolve into forum regular banter once that happens.

Considering the unusual length of time for the next experimental, it would only make sense that would be the major topic.

I would be surprised if we didn't get a status report today but considering the trend of this weeks events I would say it's definitely a possibility.

it's 6pm at bis. I wouldn't wait up if I were you. It's not coming. 

Most people don't opt into experimental. We're a subset of a subset. Turning the thread about the current stable release into "When is .59 coming out on experimental" is a bit cliquey imo and defeats the threads purpose. I'm actually surprised it's allowed because this is quite a heavily moderated forum. Honestly, it's not a big deal and I'm as guilty as anyone. I'll be getting the:

Exp. Clique Till I die!

tattoo shortly.

Well, if it's .58 you want, the biggest game breaker now is the dysfunction of the CLE (or maybe even just the ability to farm the Quonsets).  Everyone I met this morning had an M4.  I was rocking only my Mosin with PU.   :D  After I died, I had a hicap, AK101, gorka, etc. In about 1 hour.  Couldn't find a backpack to save my life though.

The lack of zombies is the worst thing for me. The farming is the second worst. Another thing about .58 is I see less players than ever. In an odd way it's making me want to head back to the coast. #unintendedconsequences

• Like 2

So are things still disappearing when you throw them?

Yes, I had a carbine disappear after a few hours on the ground, that is unusual.  Yet, an improvised back pack I had dropped was still around. 

Most of the recent posts in this thread have been about .59 and future developments.

Yeah, that tends to happen when the experijunkies (like most of us) get a little impatient.  Lucky for us Boneboys and the others tend to let it go as long as we don't get too crazy off track..

• Like 1

Yes, I had a carbine disappear after a few hours on the ground, that is unusual.  Yet, an improvised back pack I had dropped was still around. 

Yeah, that tends to happen when the experijunkies (like most of us) get a little impatient.  Lucky for us Boneboys and the others tend to let it go as long as we don't get too crazy off track..

That's because Boneboys is the man, but on a more serious note and on subject. "Where the hell is all the netting;I've ran the coast a few times"....I was able to barter with someone a while ago for a couple pieces(he said he found on the coast).I'd be much obliged to a constructive response.Either formally through mail or posted on here.,,

boatspawn is now dynamic like helicopters and police cars.

https://i.imgur.com/HyrzjT9.jpg

best places to find netting is between lumber mill and solnichny, there are always 3 boats spawning.

EDIT: i wanted to make the spoiler as picture, but i am to tired, like eugen harton and so i will do it next week.....whenever next week for him is  <_<

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 2

-snip-

Most people don't opt into experimental. We're a subset of a subset. -snip-

Agreed.

Not to labor over the point too much but more accurately we are the (public, official forum based) "cutting edge", wherever it may be.

Currently, since stable is the only game in town, this is where we reside and go over our nuanced findings and expectations openly RE: the latest and greatest.

When 0.59 Exp topic is created we will likely see this thread all but die.

Ever go back into a stable thread after we relinquish it?

*shudder*

• Like 3

Did the hardware failure actually revert elements of the build to an earlier time or did it just prevent them from going further? Because if it just prevented them from developing further then experimental should have been delayed a day or two (can't remember the exact day of the hardware failure), otherwise they wouldn't have gotten it out last week or this week regardless of the failure. But alpha, so whatevs. 

My guess is that just the opposite happened. Rather than sit on their ass' waiting for the hardware issue to be resolved, they merged additional content into Exp. Once they get this new build somewhat stable, they'll blow it onto the experimental servers for us to have a go at it.

I'm watching...

I only ask that I be shot while my mind is still clean.

Why do you say no hope for today?

because eugen talked hopelessly about experimental for this week, and when they do it, it's usually delayed. another reason is, well, they are almost never on time this past few months. i know they are working on it but still it's delayed right ?  :)

• Like 1

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229480-reddit-eugen-current-blockers-for-internal-059-build/#entry2312286

Eugen also mentions that Brian is traveling this week (Brazil) so that explains why no SR.

"Q: "2million - 8million", What?! Wowsers.....must be some big changes coming to Chernarus then?

A: I would not say big, but we wanted to try increased density for forests and such, but its a test so nothing is set in stone. We also want to have a leeway for improvements down the road."

Nice, better forests, me likey. :lol:

I know we're all eager to play on experimental but we need to wait a bit longer.

I certainly don't mind if it gives a better release of the 0.59 or a stable release on experimental (yeah, poor choice of words, I know :D).

• Like 4

"Q: "2million - 8million", What?! Wowsers.....must be some big changes coming to Chernarus then?

A: I would not say big, but we wanted to try increased density for forests and such, but its a test so nothing is set in stone. We also want to have a leeway for improvements down the road."

:beans:  :thumbsup: Definitely good news.  I like that a lot.

anyone try playing recently (last couple of hours)? seems like something fishy is going on...

Been trying for weeks to find a chance to raid the base of some guys that they openly brag about... unfortunately they always shut down their server aside from the odd 15 minutes here and there to grab something.

Sucks that that shit is allowed.

• Like 1

Increased tree density would be nice, but I really don't think that's the answer. While I recognize that it may not be practical for the entire map, it sure would be nice to have some really thick underbrush is some of the more remote sections of forest.

• Like 3

Godamnit...6 spawns in a row a fresh bambi in a different location each time.

Character wiped and base is gone. No fricking word or warning or anything.

Server has no loot at all.

No 60 second count down to load in either. I do get a 30 second for a respawn.

Die Bohemia die

At least I am not bitter. lol

OMG, just joined  a server with some players in it and have all my stuff. 

Relief mixed with confusion?

Edited by serelaw

Been trying for weeks to find a chance to raid the base of some guys that they openly brag about... unfortunately they always shut down their server aside from the odd 15 minutes here and there to grab something.

Sucks that that shit is allowed.

[36d] team

66.55.158.170 is one such server.. 1 pm Central time last couple days.

When I do get in there they kick me off.

Loot splosion in the NWAF Barracks by the two hangers up north.

[bWAC] UK is another one with such tomfoolery.

Edited by serelaw

Godamnit...6 spawns in a row a fresh bambi in a different location each time.

Character wiped and base is gone. No fricking word or warning or anything.

Server has no loot at all.

No 60 second count down to load in either. I do get a 30 second for a respawn.

Die Bohemia die

At least I am not bitter. lol

OMG, just joined  a server with some players in it and have all my stuff. 

Relief mixed with confusion?

Sounds like you were temporarily disconnected from the hive.

It seem there may have been database problems earlier.

Great...  won't someone think of my frames!

• Like 1