boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

DayZ is dead on my system...  :(  It's a sad day for me today. I had just hit the 1560 hrs mark, and hadn't crashed for at least 500hrs of gameplay. No freeze, hard system lock or even a simple crash to desktop...

Noooooo! I do sincerely hope the fix is simpler than it seems. Gary's got some solid advice for you, and of course the nuclear option is always available (wipe and start over) -- but that won't help if it's a hardware issue, of course. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help (including shipping you spare parts; I've got a ton!).

• Like 2

Damn, I just had a power outage in my area, for half an hour, while I was playing DayZ, and now I can't start the game without having my whole system shut down every time I get to the menu.

Checked the cache, tried the -newui, did a system check, driver check and memory check, all clear...

DayZ is dead on my system...  :(  It's a sad day for me today. I had just hit the 1560 hrs mark, and hadn't crashed for at least 500hrs of gameplay. No freeze, hard system lock or even a simple crash to desktop...

You put a ticket in the feedback tracker? If not, you should. That's a first in my book, hope you get it fixed soon.

• Like 1

Ugh. I hope it's not a hardware failure of some sort.

It is possible some critical info is corrupt on your hard drive, maybe driver related or system file

you might want to try a "chkdsk /R" from a cmd prompt, the /R scans for bad sectors and attempts to relocate corrupt data

edit:

the format is     chkdsk c: /R    

with c: being your typical system drive,

if Dayz is installed on a different drive you may want to check that one too      chkdsk f: /R     or whatever drive applies.

I did it, nothing's wrond with system files, memory or hardware.

I've done some more tests, and tried other games. Low consumption games like Daggerfall, Fallout 2 or Morrowind works fine, but anything that requires more power seem to make the system either restart, or get in a "loop" of graphics reset as the graphic card tried to get more power, but can't

It's an electrical problem. I live in an old house, 1953 built, and not "restored" or updated to today's standards in terms of electrical, plumbing or insulation. 

Other electrical furniture don't work, (stove, electrical heaters, hot water tank, etc.)  and it's caused by the 220 volt fuse that snapped. It happens about 5-6 times a year and is very annoying, as wee need to access the basement, which is only accessible via the neighbors apartment. 

At least, I'm glad I know what the problem is, and I know it can be fixed. Just need to wait for the landlord to get here, go to the neighbors from under and change the fuse in the basement...

Sorry for the off-topic and bothersome post.

On-topic, I really hope we get 0.59 experimental next week at least. Keep up the good work devs!! Looking forward to the new features and additions!!  :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Noooooo! I do sincerely hope the fix is simpler than it seems. Gary's got some solid advice for you, and of course the nuclear option is always available (wipe and start over) -- but that won't help if it's a hardware issue, of course. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help (including shipping you spare parts; I've got a ton!).

Thanks a lot Tatanko!! Much appreciated!  B)

• Like 1

Yes, that's right. But maybe it's not worth for the devs - at some point, with all the new tech - to run two system/builds at the same time?!

But yes, actually it should work as always EXP new tech/ Stable old tech -> update EXP to Stable, so both runs with new tech, but who knows :)

one more point in my list:

5.) They raised the prize for DayZ from 27,99€ to 31,99€ on steam. Now -15% Halloween-Sale (27,19€) and I'm sure they wouldn't do that, if they don't have something important and new for this weekend or not later then monday, when the sale ends?!!

so, I BELIEVE! :lol:

Chances are very slim that they would perform such actions. Especially with the new tech, if they will get introduced at 0.59.

The build which will introduce these new techs will probably be broken with a lot of bugs, not sure of this though.

I did it, nothing's wrond with system files, memory or hardware.

I've done some more tests, and tried other games. Low consumption games like Daggerfall, Fallout 2 or Morrowind works fine, but anything that requires more power seem to make the system either restart, or get in a "loop" of graphics reset as the graphic card tried to get more power, but can't

It's an electrical problem. I live in an old house, 1953 built, and not "restored" or updated to today's standards in terms of electrical, plumbing or insulation. 

Other electrical furniture don't work, (stove, electrical heaters, hot water tank, etc.)  and it's caused by the 220 volt fuse that snapped. It happens about 5-6 times a year and is very annoying, as wee need to access the basement, which is only accessible via the neighbors apartment. 

At least, I'm glad I know what the problem is, and I know it can be fixed. Just need to wait for the landlord to get here, go to the neighbors from under and change the fuse in the basement...

Sorry for the off-topic and bothersome post.

On-topic, I really hope we get 0.59 experimental next week at least. Keep up the good work devs!! Looking forward to the new features and additions!!  :thumbsup:

Oh lord, judging by the symtoms it might be an hardware failure. I hope this is not the case of course. My guess is that it's either the graphic card itself or the power supply.

Now what does exactly happen? I know that if an hardware component tries to use too much power the whole system just shuts down. Had this happen for myself while recording with AMD Gaming Evolved while playing DayZ. The fan started go louder and louder and suddenly bam, whole system was off.

Perhaps you remember Gary, it was when I was playing with you while we were roaming in the east. :lol:

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Oh lord, judging by the symtoms it might be an hardware failure. I hope this is not the case of course. My guess is that it's either the graphic card itself or the power supply.

Now what does exactly happen? I know that if an hardware component tries to use too much power the whole system just shuts down. Had this happen for myself while recording with AMD Gaming Evolved while playing DayZ. The fan started go louder and louder and suddenly bam, whole system was off.

Perhaps you remember Gary, it was when I was playing with you while we were roaming in the east. :lol:

Nope. It's fixed.

It was an electrical problem. Like I said in my post, it's very old where I live, and the electrical system isn't up-to-date. The landlord came, and the fuse was changed, again, (happens between 5 and 10 times a year...) and all is back to normal.

It wasn't just DayZ, but anything that needed more power from the video card. Every game I started switched the system off, and the stove was signaling the loss of tension. (a warning system in case of a short circuit) 

It's very annoying, but since I'm only renting, we have to get the landlord to upgrade the electrical system, which is easier said than done.

In any case, I'm glad that it's fixed, for now. As it's not a question of "if" it breaks again (the fuse) but "when".

• Like 5

Id give one of my kidneys or my left Test*&$%(w/ a rusted butter knife) for .59 to be released tomorrow....Seriously...

I've probably missed something along the way here, but can anyone confirm what the next update will bring? As far as I knew, all we are looking at seeing is:

1) Zombies back.

2) Three new vehicles.

3) Passenger desync fix for networking model.

What have I forgotten or missed?

VSS and Red9 confirmed as ready for .59

Edited by Scarcifer

0.58 is painfully boring, laggy and giltchy. There are no zombies, so the game has become a reattach. This means no player interaction, because people are just killing each other because they're bored and need to burn off ammo. There's no incentive to do more with the game because of no zombies and the lag. Loot is also way too easy to find. I find it so dull because it is so easy to get loaded AKs, MP5s etc. 0.59 will inevitably bring some more fixes and updates to CLE, so things like civilian rifles become more uncommon. This will make the game more immersive.

Furthermore, 0.58 has been horrible in terms of bugs and character wipes. My character has been wiped multiple times and one time,hackers killed everyone oh my server. I had an M4, which is extremely rare.

I am really looking forward to the .59 patch

Nope. It's fixed.

It was an electrical problem. Like I said in my post, it's very old where I live, and the electrical system isn't up-to-date. The landlord came, and the fuse was changed, again, (happens between 5 and 10 times a year...) and all is back to normal.

It wasn't just DayZ, but anything that needed more power from the video card. Every game I started switched the system off, and the stove was signaling the loss of tension. (a warning system in case of a short circuit) 

It's very annoying, but since I'm only renting, we have to get the landlord to upgrade the electrical system, which is easier said than done.

In any case, I'm glad that it's fixed, for now. As it's not a question of "if" it breaks again (the fuse) but "when".

If the problem with your household power is what I think it is a decent UPS backup should be able to get you through until your landlord gets around to changing the fuse.

They're anywhere from around $100 to more than you'd want to spend for one that can go days in a complete blackout.  

• Like 3

The build which will introduce these new techs will probably be broken with a lot of bugs, not sure of this though.

Do you really think the reason they take so much time to give us an update is because they intend to release a version that is "broken with a lot of bugs"?

0.58 is painfully boring, laggy and giltchy. There are no zombies, so the game has become a reattach. This means no player interaction, because people are just killing each other because they're bored and need to burn off ammo. There's no incentive to do more with the game because of no zombies and the lag. Loot is also way too easy to find. I find it so dull because it is so easy to get loaded AKs, MP5s etc. 0.59 will inevitably bring some more fixes and updates to CLE, so things like civilian rifles become more uncommon. This will make the game more immersive.

Furthermore, 0.58 has been horrible in terms of bugs and character wipes. My character has been wiped multiple times and one time,hackers killed everyone oh my server. I had an M4, which is extremely rare.

I am really looking forward to the .59 patch

:facepalm: no, no and no.

m4 currently is not rare at all. civilian weapons are, can and will be relatively common, Hicks has made clear various times that this is a fully intended state of "abundance". you should have a gun. whether and how much ammo you should have is a completely different quesstion tho. but this game is not exactly a melee simulator. at the core its a military simulator (or as you guys like to call it, loot&shoot) with survival sandbox elements.. and what does that mean? that the gameplay primarily revolves around firearms, exactly.

of course you can always expect changes of loot economy tho. nothing is finalized.

Edited by jayfkay

I do, I think at one point you thought it was a v3s  :P

If the problem with your household power is what I think it is a decent UPS backup should be able to get you through until your landlord gets around to changing the fuse.

They're anywhere from around $100 to more than you'd want to spend for one that can go days in a complete blackout.  

I was thinking the same. Brownouts, low voltage and electrical surges wreak a lot more havoc on computers than blackouts do.

It might be worth the price just to have a little insurance.  Either way glad you're back up and running Odin  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Caught it a few minutes before the Q&A but wow...so many awesome things coming together at the moment.

Can't wait for beta! Beards, location-based damage, stats and modding tools...

Something tells me that after Beta I will accrue more screenshots of events in Chernarus than I have pictures of my children. :D 

• Like 1

damn couldnt watch the stream... any recordings? Something about point59 besides that they´re working on vehicle desync?

Edited by imun

Hicks @ PAX AUS - Experimental .59 is still being worked on for vehicle synch and will be released "very soon".

I get the impression "very soon", does not mean today. :(

Hicks @ PAX AUS - Experimental .59 is still being worked on for vehicle synch and will be released "very soon".

I get the impression "very soon", does not mean today. :(

Yea he probably means next Friday :( it better be a big patch !

• Like 1

Yea he probably means next Friday :( it better be a big patch !

FYI peoples, the Q&A gets cut off while Brian is telling his "favorite story" about DayZ (mod).

No zombies for Halloween and I feel like I'm 9 again and I was just told I can't go Trick 'r Treating this year.

8ll6KZ2.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 5

FYI peoples, the Q&A gets cut off while Brian is telling his "favorite story" about DayZ (mod).

No zombies for Halloween and I feel like I'm 9 again and I was just told I can't go Trick 'r Treating this year.

8ll6KZ2.jpg

Ah darn it, you're right. Brian, how does the story end? I want to know now!

By the way, I love the bloody hands idea. Everytime I watch a presentation from Brian I get more and more excited about the game. :lol:

• Like 1