boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Just opted to experimental and got a 2.2mb download, whats going on?

Probably a BattlEye update.

I don´t get it. Will there be a new experimental today for public or not?  :huh:

Yes :)

• Like 3

Servers up?

EDIT: I see they are. I also see infected walking through doors again. Heads up people!

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Servers up?

EDIT: I see they are. I also see infected walking through doors again. Heads up people!

Same old, same old. How's performance?

Same old, same old. How's performance?

FPS is fine. However, I can't be certain, but I feel like the game looks a bit worse than it did before. 

FPS is fine. However, I can't be certain, but I feel like the game looks a bit worse than it did before. 

Are we talking about possible renderer making an appearance??

Are we talking about possible renderer making an appearance??

No idea. I doubt it.

No idea. I doubt it.

kk. Only suggested it because they talked about wanting visual parity with the old renderer before they implement the new one. If it looks a little "off" then that could be a possibility. I'm inclined to agree with your doubt though.

Probably a BattlEye update.

Yes :)

We need a new topic 0.59 branch! :)

I just finished my morning coffee, but this makes me feel like I had a double shot of espresso!

I hope they get an EXP build soon.  This is the longest I have gone without playing in over a year.

• Like 1

Still no mention of performance. I haven't really done much in the way of dayz for quite a while now, is performance still an issue? For me, it was by far the biggest problem the game had. And zombies not working at all, but that's alpha i guess.

They need to freshen this up- and fast. I'm a staunch supporter of the concept and the development team but even I can barely work up the strength to click on the DAYZ icon nevermind play anymore. 

Hope Exp is going smooth so they can kick it out to stable sooner than later. 

How is the game performance ? Will my rig (details in signature spoiler) need cfg file like it did last time I played ?

Hi, can someone bring me up to date

1. Where are the zeds at ? 2 days in didn't see a single one.

2. Animals gone too ?

3. Loot, police stations are filled with CR75, Orel and stun batons but not much else. tower in novo has nothing but fire fighter jackets in it. Is the loot system broken or something ? 

4. Which military bases are still there ? 

cheers 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

There are several recent devblogs that will bring you up to speed. These questions have been asked many times before and i'm not sure anyone's going to want to type out the same answer again.

• Like 1

x

Hail Zod !

(but nope - I'm not gonna type all that stuff out again either)

Lazy bastards, those are pretty much yes / no questions and it's still too much your incompetent selves. Be gone at once. 

16 Dec is the 2nd year Alpha birthday!!!!   yay

Are devs gonna give a present to their clients? Like... our money back?

:emptycan:

• Like 3

A lot of things on the horizon fellas. For those who don't frequent these forums often, PM me and I'll be happy to bring you up to speed based on your questions, but I highly encourage you to read up on what the DEV's have been up to as there is plenty in there to keep you coming back for more.  

I know for some of you, this has been a year full of promises that might feel like they have been broken, but as I look at this from a different angle and under a different light, I realize how amazing it is to have a game like this. The younger gaming generation(s) won't fully appreciate where we've come from especially in the world of First Person Shooters (FPS) let alone a 3rd person view. I mean for us older guys, remember how amazing DOOM was when you first loaded those 3.5mm discs or if you were privileged from a CDROM!!!??? OMG!!! 

Anyways, seriously, if you don't feel like reading through a bunch of posts to get caught up and are actually interested in what's going on, I'd be happy to lend a hand. 

Hang in there dangling survivors'.

• Like 1

Lazy bastards, those are pretty much yes / no questions and it's still too much your incompetent selves. Be gone at once. 

Sort your life out, learn to work things out for your "incompetent self" and stop expecting others to carry you <_<

I mean for us older guys, remember how amazing DOOM was when you first loaded those 3.5mm discs or if you were privileged from a CDROM!!!??? OMG!!! 

LMAO!...I remember downloading DOOM from AOL games on AOL online with a 14.4kbps dial-up modem. It took 3 days.

Dayz has come a long way in its 2 years & still has a long way to go.

Sort your life out, learn to work things out for your "incompetent self" and stop expecting others to carry you <_<

Don't tell me what to do, you don't run my life. 

where the optimization in this game? I am a player of great mother Russia, and I have a lot of issues for developers. I have GeForce GTX 980 Ti and this perfect game is lagging on my PC. Please tell me how i can play this awsome game, on my shity computer. With love. 

• Like 1