boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

I think now would be a good time to increase the hopping timer back to 300+ seconds.

Ive yet to see military installation this patch that hasnt been hopped.

Who thinks there would be a char reset on stable when .59 hits ? just curious to know if its worth stocking up before

Who thinks there would be a char reset on stable when .59 hits ? just curious to know if its worth stocking up before

Hmm, who cares. The way things spawn, you can get a proper rifle in 2 hours (including the walk + looking for ammo), have a full camp in three days and be completely bored out of your mind after a week. I'm usually arranging items in the barrels alphabetically by then ;)

They do bring infected back, so I'm kind of happy about that. I also heard coffee and cigarette breaks at Bohemia are only allowed every 30 minutes now and may take no longer than 15 minutes. This way they improve the productivity and goal getting of the team. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I have such strong disagreements with what is internally proposed that I feel I owe it to the community to post my discontent.

You feel you owe it to the community?

• Like 2

Since duping + magazines with infinite ammo are still a thing I'm really hoping that we will have a wipe.

Hmm, who cares. The way things spawn, you can get a proper rifle in 2 hours (including the walk + looking for ammo), have a full camp in three days and be completely bored out of your mind after a week. I'm usually arranging items in the barrels alphabetically by then ;)

They do bring infected back, so I'm kind of happy about that. I also heard coffee and cigarette breaks at Bohemia are only allowed every 30 minutes now and may take no longer than 15 minutes. This way they improve the productivity and goal getting of the team. 

Just post the server+location of your camps on reddit and I'm sure somebody will take care of your problems  :rolleyes:

Only been playing since .52 or .53 but pretty sure that's SOP for a new build.

• Like 3

I really hope for .59 experimental this monday , Wednesday , or Friday ... Here's to hoping Cuz im itching to play Dayz :0

• Like 6

Only been playing since .52 or .53 but pretty sure that's SOP for a new build.

That's what I thought as the patches are so far between these days and everyone should have a fresh start if the infected will be back in force

• Like 3

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of gloves in the world right now?

I will trade a druganov for some tan gloves... any takers? 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 1

ENO75 said:

"You feel you owe it to the community?"

Yeah, relax man.....let me clarify.

I feel I owe it to the dedicated contributors and enthusiastic Dayz players to raise legitimate concerns or points of interest that can lead to lively and progressive discussions.

As opposed to random "look what I did" posts that don't really expand on the knowledge we are all here for.

So far I think most of my posts have been topical and I try to keep it civil. I did not intentionally try to come off as arrogant, as perhaps you may have felt.

If you decide to interpret my words or grammar in a way the you decide is inappropriate then sorry about that.... Not everyone speaks with similar inflections and sentence structure, so hope you understand.   

Cheers        

I really hope for .59 experimental this monday , Wednesday , or Friday ... Here's to hoping Cuz im itching to play Dayz :0

No doubt, I'm ARMA'd out and well on my way to remembering why I hate grindy grind WOT. Bring the damn PVE back and make finding stuff and surviving a challenge again please.

Is it just me or is there a distinct lack of gloves in the world right now?

I will trade a druganov for some tan gloves... any takers? 

Was way to excited to find a yellow pair yet not really too upset when I made a double carry shouldering fuck up with my kitted AKM and just said "meh, what did I need it for anyway" and carried on rather than going back and looking for it. Something's wrong with that situation.

• Like 1

ENO75 said:

"You feel you owe it to the community?"

Yeah, relax man.....let me clarify.

I feel I owe it to the dedicated contributors and enthusiastic Dayz players to raise legitimate concerns or points of interest that can lead to lively and progressive discussions.

As opposed to random "look what I did" posts that don't really expand on the knowledge we are all here for.

So far I think most of my posts have been topical and I try to keep it civil. I did not intentionally try to come off as arrogant, as perhaps you may have felt.

If you decide to interpret my words or grammar in a way the you decide is inappropriate then sorry about that.... Not everyone speaks with similar inflections and sentence structure, so hope you understand.   

Cheers        

You can put this whatever way you want but dude, it's the internet. Say what you feel you need to say and don't act like the rest of us are hanging on your every word. 

That's what I thought as the patches are so far between these days and everyone should have a fresh start if the infected will be back in force

Heck yeah I love playing on the first day of a new build when everyone is still on the coast and fresh. And with the zombies being back oooh boy :D

• Like 2

As long as they tell us when the wipe is going to happen. That unannounced hotfix wipe was a bit frustrating.

Really looking forward to many aspects of .59. .58 is played out though I do still find I enjoy meandering around the NW and learning the terrain. Now is the safest time to do it.

This is killing me not hearing any more news on this experimental update ... It was gonna hit around 15 days ago before all this hardware failure and ddos stuff happened , now that it's all over why still no word ? I really would like to break open .59 and I could care less to wait for more stuff to be added to it , I'm sure it's good as is ...

• Like 2

How many cans of spray paint do you think that would take?

None, surplus military, comes like that, it's CARC paint and in the standard NATO camo pattern, army had craploads of these Blazers in the '80's and early '90's.  It also has a beefed up electrical system so you could add military com systems.  http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_m1009.php

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Hmm, no experimental servers showing on the DayZ server list, last activity on Steam D-Base was about 4 hours ago.    hmm, ayuh

None, surplus military, comes like that, it's CARC paint and in the standard NATO camo pattern, army had craploads of these Blazers in the '80's and early '90's.  It also has a beefed up electrical system so you could add military com systems.  http://olive-drab.com/idphoto/id_photos_m1009.php

A lot of those old vehicles aren't around anymore it seems, at least on the civilian side. The cash for clunkers thing took a vast majority of blazers and pickups out of circulation in my opinion.

I know in SETX, I can't find any of those old pick ups for sale anymore. The local classifieds used to be filled with them at one time and it was pretty easy to scoop up an 80 something model chevy truck / blazer for 2500, in decent condition.

A lot of those old vehicles aren't around anymore it seems, at least on the civilian side. The cash for clunkers thing took a vast majority of blazers and pickups out of circulation in my opinion.

I know in SETX, I can't find any of those old pick ups for sale anymore. The local classifieds used to be filled with them at one time and it was pretty easy to scoop up an 80 something model chevy truck / blazer for 2500, in decent condition.

I still see a lot of that gen of pickups around here but have a feeling most have way too much money pissed into them for sentimental reasons considering how rampant the floor cancer is with our humidity. I remember dad's Blazer needing lots of work on the floor and rocker panels on it's last rebuild in the late 80s, sadly the engine got pulled for stock car and it got scrapped shortly after he sold it even though it had a ton of time and money into maintaining the cab core.

Forgot as Barabus' link mentioned the mil ones were diesels, don't think that was an option on the civilian ones.

• Like 1

Phew.....have not played in about 2 weeks. Forgot I logged out at the NWAF in a tree which was really stupid of me to do. Logged onto a low pop (5 players), and when I realized I was close to one of the prison buildings I figured I'd just go inside and scope out the the entire airfield with my SKS (pu scope attached). 

Low and behold, the other 4 players on the server were at the tents farming loot from the officer's tent (Quonset hut). I hate people who do that; it just really pisses me off to see people exploit the game so one by one I took each of their lives and their m4's and threw them in the woods. I made sure to spread each m4 out so that in the next 30 minutes nobody joining the server would find them. After that I felt like my work was done so I headed north into the woods where I logged out and called it a day. 

I really need to start recording my game sessions like these. It would have made for a great video in the Gallery :) 

• Like 7

Are the AKM's not taking spray paint anymore?  I just tried painting one green to run around with and get some range practice on the Kashtan scope.  I usually run with a 74, but since 7.62x39 is more abundant, I was gonna blow through some of that in an attempt to gain proficiency at 400-600 meters.  It won't paint up for me with any configuration of attachments.  Gonna go pick up another one and try again.  #.58Life

Are the AKM's not taking spray paint anymore?  I just tried painting one green to run around with and get some range practice on the Kashtan scope.  I usually run with a 74, but since 7.62x39 is more abundant, I was gonna blow through some of that in an attempt to gain proficiency at 400-600 meters.  It won't paint up for me with any configuration of attachments.  Gonna go pick up another one and try again.  #.58Life

Yeah, AKM's are not taking paint ATM, Can't camo up the standard Buttstock for it anymore either.. 

I feel the same way. Despite the occasional burns I give to the development, this is still the best game of the genre I can imagine. I just wish they would speed things up a bit, but not at the cost of reducing quality; it should be possible. What always nags on me are the little things that never seem to get fixed. For example that the server history never works. That makes it hard to make a server your favorite without remembering the name or getting a friend to add it to favorites, first.

I do think however that Dayz will never be the same experience like the early mod days. I know - sentimentality, right? But I watched so many videos and played so many other survival games and the only motto seems to be KOS, loot, get baseraped, rebuild. There need to be punishing rewards for such one-sided gameplay. It's difficult to determine how to do such a thing, though. In the end it will probably come down to finding a server with regulars that have a similar mindset to oneself. Don't get me wrong, I know this is a shooter at its core, but there are just so many lost opportunities when people play that one-dimensional. More coop elements should be added to encourage people to form groups ingame. 

What are good places to find press vests? :V Apparently noone wants to make a good deal (I would pay high grade mil gear).

edit:

third time I looted entire berezino and not a single press vest???? I

Since duping + magazines with infinite ammo are still a thing I'm really hoping that we will have a wipe.

And a wipe is gonna solve that problem.. how? Its nothing but a temporary fix, within 1 week of a new patch max everythings back to old.

Edited by jayfkay

I really need to start recording my game sessions like these. It would have made for a great video in the Gallery :)

This is me every time something awesome happens, which lately has been often. I guess that's what happens when I play with thrill-seekers attempting to get me out of my shell a little bit  :lol: (I'm looking at you, Skyren!)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1