boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Not really false tweets when shit happens ( hardware failure, ddos crap ). I mean you expect to be on time every day for work .. but shit happens. Flat tire, accident, traffic. You don't wait until you actually get to work to tell your boss what's going on do you? I'm not sure why people are so caught up on what they are saying and what is actually going on. Be happy that they at least somewhat communicate what they can. These guys seem pretty accessible, answer questions, respond to comments etc.

Personally I've think they've done a good job. I don't need a weekly status report. As long as things are getting done, awesome. I've gotten my $34 worth so far and don't see the fun stopping anytime soon.

indeed, and next week an comet hits praque, sorry, if my employers tell me it´s finished this week than it´s finished this week, friday 5pm is deadline.

if not, there will be consequences for my employers and for me cause I have to say to MY customers, sorry shit happens and the comet and so on...

WHY did eugene again do those dump twitter posts? i don´t get it.

sure, i love this game and i don´t want to insult the devs but i can´t understand what this overhyping is good for?

yeah i know, ddos, hardwarefail, comets or grandma ill or foodpoisening or what ever,,,

my second name is patience but now it´s hard to live it.

Edited by wasnu

Haven't even seen anything on reddit but I agree. I used twitter as an example in my post but probably the most appropriate place to post anything is here.

EDIT: Found the reddit post about the blockers. Not sure why those problems weren't problems the week they said they were going to release the patch but it's good they have them:

1. Memory crash (client crashes about hour of running)
  2. Couple client crashes with no solid repro
  3. Invisible crew for cars (due to refactor of certain optimizations)
  4. Swap item duplication (due to same reasons)
  5. Issues with binarization of data for map because of changes made to support increase number of objects on the map 2million - 8million.

Yeah, that.

They usually link them in the dev tracker but a lot of times it's well behind when they were posted on the third party site and the stuff in dev tracker gets buried fast.

I've been told I spend far too much time on my computer already so one stop shopping for information goes a long way to make my home life easier, why have your own website and give out the choicest information on another?

• Like 5

I almost feel bad robbing people's camps now.  Every camp I rob is so much more pathetic than mine.  Today I robbed a camp, just took the barrel, and stuffed all the loot into his tent.  I'm back to 15 barrels - think fing has several as well.  Most stuffed with things worth stealing (after all, hard to test your camps level of "hard to find"-ness if it's not worth robbing).  

However, since tents are like homing beacons, I wish they'd let us paint barrels camo - maybe 4 cans of paint (2 green/2 black) to cover one.  Otherwise, there's not much point now in base building (unless you want to throw it up on some low pop server - for those of us who like private (although the latest patches have done their best to kill that)) - a few barrels here, a spare there.

Edited by Thurman Merman

I don't understand the negativity which gets thrown at the developers.

We have no idea what happens behind the scenes at the moment. Maybe we will be blown away because of 0.59, maybe not.

Have we all forgotten why we always click on the "I understand" button? We should be grateful that we can be part of this alpha and that we can help the developers with their progress.

The developers are not obligated to inform the community, it's rather a nice bonus for us, but also a nice gesture from the developers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also anxious to play 0.59. However, in the meantime I'm playing other games and playing a bit DayZ in between.

In addition I really hope for a big surprise for 0.59.

Chill out and relax survivors, all will be well in the end.

The devs are not obligated to inform us but since you mention the "I understand" button: In the text above the button the devs say that they will work "with the community". So they committed to the inclusion of the community.

Just compare the dayz team to the arma 3 team in regards to communication with the community. Sure the project is in a different stage of production but I really like how progress is communicated there: If you want details you have a daily changelog in the devbranch forum and weekly reports for everyone else. And most important: the devs are active in the forum!

The difference is you have someone to answer to in that scenario and your excuse can't be "Building a house takes time." snip-

Oh I agree with just about everything you say except I do think it can be overly laborious for them to detail problems for us sometimes.

In the most recent instance of silence it was one giant kick in the nads after another and was likely exhausting.

Imagine trying to handle the actual problems one after the other while making sure you tweet every step?

What if after every time they thought they were over the hurdle they posted something that then turned out not to be true?

People would scream they were lied to.

I guess my expectations have been lowered by prior experience.

I was light heartedly likening my view of the road map to the old cliche given to contractors time lines due to the trend we've seen.

"Take what they give and add half."

Personally I would watch a Bohemia and Friends reality show and 24/7 webcams where we can watch Torchia eat a sandwich and Hicks pick his nose but I don't see that coming let alone any big change to PR unfortunately.

GodZ willing tomorrow will bring exciting news and hope for a patch!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Btw is anyone else really hoping they add these asap? This and the FAL and its gonna be my favourite patch ever.

FlzMEyb.jpg

Edited by jayfkay

Nope... I'd willfully give all my gear to prioritize having the infected back in game.  Assets are nice, and expected, but seriously...

Btw is anyone else really hoping they add these asap? This and the FAL and its gonna be my favourite patch ever.

FlzMEyb.jpg

• Like 1

I digress, but maybe some boars and whores for improvising, well, just never-mind...

I'd rather have boars back in the game to make a boar skin improvised pack like I once had :(.

Edited by Super_Duty

Hey BONEBOYS..... Are you getting a royalty cheque from Lord Masuka?

Or to put it another way.....WTF???? LOL!

I checked out the forums for my nightly dose of excuses from Eugen and Hicks, but instead I read about poor Ferguson.... I am sure I speak for all the forum subscribers when I say.... Whoopie!, Yaaay!, Awesome!.

Now...Can someone confirm or deny the "rumor" that higher pop servers are in for .59?

I can't find the actual discussion about higher pop EXP Build servers....

I was pretty sure that was in the works.

For a bit on EXP, they upped it to 75 man servers I believe. Not sure if they are going to work with that again in the future or what.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Thanks....Yeah...

I was finally going to try simply surviving on full servers for a change. I have spent the entire dev time of this game on low pop Stable servers....

Time to walk the walk!

In my honest opinion, i dont really care if decelopment of the game take even 2 more years. My only discontent is the way devs communicate.

I did click on "I understand" button. Still i think if you are developing an EA game, you should communicate much more than normal development method. You should never be silnced like this. If you say you do a status report, do it on time or say we wont have an sr this week or smth (talking about last week), keep your promises, if you came across any issue just let us know, talk about issues with some details, we will understand the same way we clicked on "I understand" Button. Silnce is not acceptable, not in an EA game.

Just a customer's opinion.

I didn't get around to reading the redit post about the blockers on the internal build of .59 before I ran my mouth making it a little easier to understand the delay. Only half apologetic though because it's beyond stupid having to find an obscure link to an external site to get information that SHOULD appear on their official message board first.

This is what i really dont understand.

Earlier when dean was here, i had to make an accout for twwiter and reddit and be online in the forums. I remember someone said in twitter why i check all this social networks, this is why.

If you (devs) want to answer questions so badly, there is plenty of those here. This forums is called an official forum for a reason. Its okey to just announce SR and Updates there, but for answering questions and actuall communication, here (forums) is the priority imo.

Edited by VahidkinG

Im sorry for double post.

Imagine trying to handle the actual problems one after the other while making sure you tweet every step?

What if after every time they thought they were over the hurdle they posted something that then turned out not to be true?

People would scream they were lied to.

-----------

GodZ willing tomorrow will bring exciting news and hope for a patch

1. I know it would be impossible to do that, but it would be possible to write some words on what they worked on at the end of the day. They can hire someone to do that too.

If something went wrong and they could not keep those things that they said, they just say we couldnt do that. Im sure we all do understand. I heard an examples days back, it would be great to hear this from devs, "i worked a week on something, its totally trash and i have to rework it another week", i think this way you keep those who care about the game. If you someone wants to scream, he always find something to do that.

2. I hope we hear some good news today.

Edited by VahidkinG

I know its about 0.58 here but...

The dayz steamdb has an update 2 hours ago is that normal or are we maybe getting a update soon?!

dayz_appid.jpg

I spent about an hour playing today and headed from the little towns east of Zelly, to Sosnovka with a Winchester and a Magnum w/ 2 bullets in it... checked damn near every house from where I started and only found 5 .308 rounds, no pistols or additional ammo for my magnum (spare a random makarov w/o a clip) and some food. I must say I really like the amount of loot strewn out around the wastes. Maybe a little fewer guns and significantly less cans of food would be good. That + return of zombies? Mwah... magnifique.

It's only 5am but damn I'm ready for today's Status Report! :)

giphy.gif

Edited by whiskeytango
  • Like 1

@Kohlbar imo best place to look for winchester ammo and mosin ammo aswell are civilian cars, check trunk, hit tab and run around them

• Like 1

Thanks....Yeah...

I was finally going to try simply surviving on full servers for a change. I have spent the entire dev time of this game on low pop Stable servers....

Time to walk the walk!

It's much easier than you think.  I find I'm much less likely to be surprised on a full server.  Especially when Z's were in.  You could always tell when people were around - shots fired, Z's running, etc.  No Zs and low pop means you run around a corner and .  . . SURPRISE . . .find a guy holding an M4.

• Like 1

I just saw that THE TEST 5 server is online and i remember that someone

said that after this server we will get a new Version to test i hope thats true. :)

2015_10_15_00001.jpg

• Like 3

I just saw that THE TEST 5 server is online and i remember that someone

said that after this server we will get a new Version to test i hope thats true. :)

Well not always, I know there's been at least one other experimental candidate tested online before this one.

It seems that they've found a candidate worth the trouble of uploading and populating though - so that's promising  :)

• Like 2

It's been 5 hours since my demand for today's Status Report. I'm getting a bit antsy, time zones be damned. ;)

2w1uofs.jpg

It's been 5 hours since my demand for today's Status Report. I'm getting a bit antsy, time zones be damned. ;)

Last 2 Status Reports were posted at 9pm so maybe this the key (it's 6pm in Europe)

• Like 2