kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

UK 0-8 is still down: http://dayz-servers.org/server/7076/

Not sure if it's our fault or not, but hopefully by going down it provided some useful data.

I have the impression they took most exp. servers down to get more load on those still up.

Today I only saw 2 exp. servers (filter is <100 ms)

I can hear shots from the camp? Are things going south already?

That was me shooting the Mosin. Someone needs to fix some dinner, killed 4 deers. :lol:
  • Like 4

WHY MAN, why did you suicide again :))

im eating you for second time today.

Wanted to test the solidity of my boots... Leap of faith hahaha !!!

• Like 1

I have the impression they took most exp. servers down to get more load on those still up.

Today I only saw 2 exp. servers (filter is <100 ms)

When it comes to Exp, I always leave my ping filter at "0" (meaning unlimited) so I can see all the servers that are available. I often play on Singapore and Australia servers too, which are usually better than their 200 to 300 ping might suggest.

Someone needs to fix some dinner, killed 4 deers. :lol:

IMT -- official camp cook 

• Like 1

i can confirm too, that, unlike what i stated yesterday, the loot actually re-spawns, it's just that some houses seems to take longer than others... (Probably depend on the ammount of time spent since the item been picked up, i'll try to gather data and share it here)

And of course, after my suicide i would spawn at Elektro when i spawn 90% of the time near berezino haha, i guess that's how DayZ works lol, if you don't want or need something you'll get it, but if you do want something, get prepared to get the opposite hahaha !!

Edited by docjiggy

Some pics of camp life at Camp No-Lag.

UMllneV.jpg

KuIORRV.jpg

KWZm4pn.jpg

9rxOzs4.jpg

o2EcfHr.jpg

Keeping watch from rotating vantage points.

eeptyWp.jpg

b39yPtW.jpg

^This guy in the truck was a seemingly random encounter, which ended without bloodshed.

Just before I left the server someone took a shot at IMT but we never tracked down the would be sniper....

• Like 7

Another bug i experienced : 

Pouring canteen into another canteen seems to duplicate the quantity even though the vicinity canteen is empty but still showing the same number than before you pour it into your own canteen) 

Anybody else experienced it

Some pics of camp life at Camp No-Lag.

I see you guys have taken to putting tents inside the apartment buildings. What happened... did you finally run out of room? :p

Another bug i experienced : 

Pouring canteen into another canteen seems to duplicate the quantity even though the vicinity canteen is empty but still showing the same number than before you pour it into your own canteen) 

Anybody else experienced it

Move the original canteen -- or both -- to another container of some sort (backpack, tent, another piece of clothing, whatever) and see what happens. Currently, liquid containers don't update their content status properly until they get moved around.

Edited by Tatanko

So guys just for the record, we so far gathered this much:

Military Tents: 1,
Car Tents: 5,
Civilian Tent: 24,
Barrels: 5
V3S: 1

most of the tents and barrels are totally full. 
i get absolutely 0 lag or desync around the camp or just inside the tents swapping items or vaulting or stuff...

---
i call it for tonight, lets see if tomorrow we can have a stable patch or not :) 
  • Like 2

i get absolutely 0 lag or desync around the camp or just inside the tents swapping items or vaulting or stuff...

---
i call it for tonight, lets see if tomorrow we can have a stable patch or not :)

As glad as I am that they fixed this bug, pushed through as is (i.e., packs and guns on the ground despawn quickly), they're really just saying that people can't build camps on high pop private hives (tents stick out like a sore thumb).  Might as well play public and put camp on a low pop server - then hop over to a high pop to PvP?

---

What was the server pop - was max 20 for me when I was on. Did it increase at all?

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

What was the server pop - was max 20 for me when I was on. Did it increase at all?

nope i don't think so

• Like 1

nope i don't think so

They should shut down all the uk exp servers except that tomorrow and see how it goes. I saw a german 30 man server on earlier...wonder was that the reddit one (i presumed reddit was a usa based one)

Edited by freethink

was at your "camp" or town, whatever and want to place a tent.

throwed it from the roof of the appartments and it was gone, sorry. :o

tomorrow i will bring an new one ;)

don´t shoot me, i am in gorka clothes, tortilla backpack and walk only with "hands up"

• Like 2

was at your "camp" or town, whatever and want to place a tent.

throwed it from the roof of the appartments and it was gone, sorry. :o

tomorrow i will bring an new one ;)

don´t shoot me, i am in gorka clothes, tortilla backpack and walk only with "hands up"

Just carry a tent or a barrel in your hands then everybody knows why you are here  :D

It was strange how friendly and relaxed everybody was in camp no-lag. I constantly expected that somebody comes around the corner with a gun and mows everyone done. But it did not happen - I nearly did not recognize dayz any more...

• Like 3

Checked the camp out again and noticed the blue barrel in the middle with some notes in it. Great idea. Would be fun if everybody leaves a note in there.

So I left a book for paper and 2 pens in the barrel for everyone to use!

PS: Reddit team never made it?

GchoDOd.jpg

• Like 3

the area around Dobroe/Turovo seems to spawn Makarovs almost exclusively (regarding firearms). Found at least 5 within this narrow region, no ammo and few melee weapons though.

also:

paper is ALWAYS floating 

switching between handguns or from melee to handgun leads to brief "fists-clench" animation

floating hay balls in and all around the metal barn in Dobroe

Edited by joe_mcentire

Is anyone at the camp right now? Im coming to check the place.

EDIT: There is a guy here that's friends with the other guy from reddit i think there both from reddit im helping him gather tents for the tent city at the moment.

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 4

It's wonderfully weird that things have remained so peaceful. I hope it continues. For now I need to go run some errands, but I'll be on in like an hour to go check it out. Hit me up on Steam if you're planning to be on (anyone) :)

• Like 4

It is actually how it should be tested on all aspects !! Experimenting is what will iron out the bugs so devs can fix em' ...

Sadly, a majority of the player base is more on a playing the game focus rather than testing it...

On another subject :

Did you guys noticed the increase of floating hay stacks ? 

Yes. It seems there's some floating hay stacks almost everywhere possible...  :lol:

Don't know if it's a bug... 

Grabbed the Vybor v3s along my trip back to the camp... Must have hit something without noticing it since i was lucky enough to run out of gas at the eastern entrance of the city haha !!! 

I got there at 19:30 PM Eastern... It is now almost 20 : 00 PM and when i got in the truck i was in dark green energized and hydrated, right now, i still am on the same state...

So i guess that water consumption and energy is not going down at all when you're inside a vehicle... Anyone else or a dev could confirm this on their side ? Otherwise i'll file the bug report...

I'll edit as it goes...
----------------------------------
20:11 PM Eastern, i just got in the truck with a dark green energized / hydrated status, i'll check back in 1 hour (Screenshots will be taken)
20 : 21 PM Eastern (Edit) : Still no change in the status Energized and Hydrated
20 : 31 PM Eastern (Edit ) : Same as before, no changes on the status 20 minutes after)
20 : 41 PM Easter (Edit ) : Still no change 30 minutes after !  (God that's getting boring, thx to dudester for keeping me company hahah)
20 : 51 PM Eastern (Edit) : No change at all, over 40 minutes elapsed
21 : 01 PM Eastern (Edit) : Still dark green Hydrated and Energized (50 mins elapsed)
21 : 11 P'M Eastern (Edit) : No change at all,after an hour im' still on the same state than when i entered the truck !! Will now compare with the time outside the truck without moving but it's really like i said before, water and energy consumption seems bug in the truck ! 

OUTSIDE THE TRUCK COMPARAISON

21 : 14 PM Eastern (Edit) Now laying down in a tent... counting the time difference with water and energy consumption
21 : 24 PM Eastern (Edit) A very little change in the color 10 minutes out of the truck sitting position inside a tent
21 : 34 PM Eastern (Edit) Same state than 10 minutes ago (Or i didn't notice the difference)
21 : 44 PM Eastern (Edit)  Not a whole lot of change so far except a very small degradation of color in the 1st 10 minutes, since then, seems stable !
21 : 54 PM Eastern (Edit) A very little change in the color still energized and hydrated after 40 minutes
22 : 04 PM Eastern (Edit) No change for the past 10 minutes... Looks like the time scale i took in the truck was not long enough to have a good comparaison... YAY !! Did that for nothing !!

If we have any courageous guy on the forum that would like to test it sometime with me (One will sit in the truck with bright energized and hydrated status, and i will (Or in the opposite) sit next to the truck and see which one gets out of the energized and Hydrated status... Tonight's test is not conclusive on that matter so im' moving on to the containuer problem (Pouring down canteen in canteen with the one in vincinity never updating the status

What i found so far about that : If the canteen is in a tent, it updates properly ! (Which will be tomorrow finally cuz i painted my black SKS green (to try to get the camo pattern and crash right after i applied the green paint... The memory read crash, will try as well to reproduce that tomorrow !! Good night all !!!

Edited by docjiggy
  • Like 1

Made one last visit to the camp before calling it quits for the evening. As of 11:00pm EST, only GraprefruitKush and I were on the server and we were both at the camp. Everything remains, and no sign of bloodshed. In fact, as far as I can tell, nothing bad happened at any point  :huh: bingo_fuel put it best:

I constantly expected that somebody comes around the corner with a gun and mows everyone done. But it did not happen - I nearly did not recognize dayz any more...

It's like UK 0-10 was in a parallel universe where DayZ is peaceful and people don't KoS. So weird haha. It's been a pleasure spending the weekend there on and off though, and the hotfix seems to have done it's job. Hoping to see it roll out to Stable tomorrow so we can get on the hype train for 0.59  B)

Last few pictures of the camp:

KAT0h23.jpg

MVjOpp1.jpg

KeH2sFJ.jpg

• Like 6

Just missed you guys.... was about to hop in....

Checked out the note bucket.

For posterity:

RgLQYnA.jpg

ecy1vs1.jpg

upr1DLR.jpg

xjUq4k3.jpg

CJCQPwR.jpg

gpGs7Sy.jpg

vIgLSzY.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Just missed you guys.... was about to hop in....

Was about to hop on to check the camp if you want to hang out at the tents il be there.  B)

• Like 1

You guys are too fucking good at finding the lootz, I almost shit my pants when I came over the grassy hill into the apartment complex , it literally looks like a survivor camp ! I left a note and have survived my illness (well I'm still sick just logged off before death)... I contributed a measly one glow plug and battery before logging :0 but my blaze is there for whoever loves those things (loaded with scope ).

• Like 2