kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

So... It will probably help? :huh:

Not as much as you would think. The new render engine will help with your FPS. The 64-bit servers increased their loot spawns/zombie count by being able to save more of those items in RAM. I will have to dig up the source, but I believe it would increase zombie count to xx,xxx as opposed to the original limit of x,xxx. And those numbers are purely based off how much RAM each zombie needs. Obviously the CPU ticks from AI are our limiting reactant...

EDIT: Still trying to find source to get the right numbers...

Sources:

.44 Changelog

64-bit Server

This is now fully compiling and ready for test deployment. We are currently scheduled to test this deployment on experimental next week. While it is unlikely to improve performance of the server, it will remove memory limit problems we previously experienced (particularly with the growth of ragdoll and physics in general on the server). It’s also a huge milestone for us in other areas of work focused on making the dedicated server environment much more robust.

Edited by hrdrok

It's amazing how paranoid people get when they've their AK. I Khelm I had cereal in my hands and no gun and he started to get all PVP on me. He probably shot all of his bullets for nothing because he couldn't kill me while I circled him with my cereals all the time :D After a while he just ran away and didn't turn. I guess he was bit scared when he didn't talk at all when I taunted and asked him questions. Next time talk to me because I had one pack of ammo for you and I could've give you the cereals because I was already well fed.

• Like 1

Loads of silage rolls floating in the air, Stary barn area for example, also dotted about here and there, noticed a few rocks having the same problem.Anybody else noted this recently or has this been around for a while ?Thanks.

I say it is recent. I've seen it before and reported them but it wasn't as numous as now.

Not as much as you would think. The new render engine will help with your FPS. The 64-bit servers increased their loot spawns/zombie count by being able to save more of those items in RAM. I will have to dig up the source, but I believe it would increase zombie count to xx,xxx as opposed to the original limit of x,xxx. And those numbers are purely based off how much RAM each zombie needs. Obviously the CPU ticks from AI are our limiting reactant...

EDIT: Still trying to find source to get the right numbers...

Sources:

.44 Changelog

64-bit Server

This is now fully compiling and ready for test deployment. We are currently scheduled to test this deployment on experimental next week. While it is unlikely to improve performance of the server, it will remove memory limit problems we previously experienced (particularly with the growth of ragdoll and physics in general on the server). It’s also a huge milestone for us in other areas of work focused on making the dedicated server environment much more robust.

Ok i got 1 question does that mean that all servers can handle maximum 4 gb of ram atm because they are not 64bit?!

Edit: If i understand it right it was introduced a while ago and now all servers are 64bit right?

But why i have seen 64 bit testservers a few patches ago 0.55 or 0.54 makes me wonder if im right.

Edited by xCrankx

So it's about 3pm prague time , I'm assuming there won't be that last experimental release today ? Or you guys think they will work late ?

Servers just went down, not sure if that is a regular restart or not.

So it's about 3pm prague time , I'm assuming there won't be that last experimental release today ? Or you guys think they will work late ?

Good question. There was an experimentalprep update to SteamDB, but we haven't seen the experimental build posted yet. Generally one follows the other within a couple of hours, but the prep was posted six hours ago. I can only assume that they ran into a problem of some sort.

Servers are still down so I am assuming they are pushing as we speak.

In Eugen we trust!!

Updates can happen in any time, I think devs have flexible work time.

• Like 2

Servers just went down, not sure if that is a regular restart or not.

exp servers still haven't come back up ... 

TGGqbah.jpg

maybe it's a sign?

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 2

DE 0-1 is up at the moment but I can't join because of bad version, says 58.129052, don't know if that is a different version than what was running before.

DE 0-1 is up at the moment but I can't join because of bad version, says 58.129052, don't know if that is a different version than what was running before.

The last one was 0.58.128953 so it must be the new Version.

The client should be good to go in a couple of minutes.

• Like 5

We have experimental on SteamDB. This could be it!

SMoss confirms!!!

Edited by BleedoutBill

I have a dumb question... regarding servers for experimental who is "responsible/host" for those servers ? There arent as many experimental 1st person servers available, and seem to greatly out numbered  by 1st/3rd servers. There isnt an experimental 1st person server  AU ( Australia), having to play on a server with a massive ping can cause disruptions to game play for me personally, being a Dayz addict and hoarder this hurts my play time :P 

Update is live... should be 0.58.129052. I'm at work, so no word on the size of the update.

• Like 3

Looks like the "cooked meat makes you sick" bug should hopefully be fixed in today's build:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=26855

Good work, IMT :)

Thanks and no problem, I was missing it so I'm glad it's fixed. :lol:
  • Like 1

I have a dumb question... regarding servers for experimental who is "responsible/host" for those servers ? There arent as many experimental 1st person servers available, and seem to greatly out numbered by 1st/3rd servers. There isnt an experimental 1st person server AU ( Australia), having to play on a server with a massive ping can cause disruptions to game play for me personally, being a Dayz addict and hoarder this hurts my play time :P

The developers control them but my guess is that they are hosted at one of the server hosts like vilayer.

does this mean stable today?

No, this build must be tested first and then it can get pushed to stable. Maybe tommorow or else I would say perhaps friday.

Update is live... should be 0.58.129052. I'm at work, so no word on the size of the update.

Looks like 132.5MB coming in

• Like 3

In Eugen we trust!!

Updates can happen in any time, I think devs have flexible work time.

Agreed.  My experience is that they work until it's done.

ETA:  sorry, should have checked Steam first or read the rest of the posts.  It was already out before I posted this

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

Size was 132,5 mb

Edit: Again to slow :P

Edited by xCrankx
  • Like 2