boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

it works, but not with the barke from that "White trees" don´t know their english name.

The bark from the other tree works fine, stick and barke makes hand drill and started fire like matches.

EDIT: when you used the right barke and don´t see it after crafting, look at your inventory before crafting, you need 2 places free like a burlap sack needs

In English they are birch trees.

In English they are birch trees.

thanks a lot, near the german word for it "birke"...

• Like 2

I can't seem to play. Game just keeps getting stuck on the 'Preparing to launch DayZ' window.

Well, I got as far as the lobby this time... No servers showing up, no matter the ping range.

I want to be starving on the coast too :(

Damn , devs got me good this time , just as I go into work experimental comes back up !! Fuck ! Lol I hope they will be up tonight around 10 est .. Somebody post pics under spoilers to show me the greatness (barrels, Svd, fox animal, anything good).

After playing several hours on experimental the last days, iam experienced some major performance and connections issues. Also the central economy is working quite good for now, gathered some pretty decent gear, but wasnt able to find ANY canned food, had to play the old apple simulator again...

But the patch is great so far.

is this still schedule for Wed released? or delayed till next week? 

So, strange that no one mentioned the missing zeds yet, I did not see a single one in Stary -> vmc -> pustoshka -> myshkino -> myshkino tents.

Performance without zeds is good ... guess that's to be expected. Besides that we had a problem with a P1 that had a mag and a suppressor. My buddy logged on, I still saw the suppressor on his gun, he said it has a suppressor when he examines it, but not when he looked at it. Also the mag was gone. He could not take it out of the hand, triggered putting it away with drinking from a bottle. Then the P1 had no suppressor and no mag, at that point I also saw it without a suppressor...

The suppressor of my AKS-74U also vanished, I think when I put the magazine in, but not sure. It vanished definitelly without relogging.

In the above mentioned locations we found plenty of food, I wanted to plant pumpkins but could not convince my buddy, after all we found a lot of rice and peaches ... we ate as fast as we could digest and started leaving food behind, because the inventory got too full. The rest of the loot is a little strange still in where it is and the amounts of it, some houses have quite a bit of civilian clothing, did not find mil / hunting vests in civilian areas, and just because that was discussed earlier ... also still running around in my spawn pants :).

Backpacks are somewhat of a bather ... first yellow dry bag and now red mountain backpack ... don't know which is worse, so I took the mountain backpack...but all in all loot seems to be acceptably distributed, only the amounts of food we found is ridiculous. I don't know if it is different at other locations, but we checked the 5 locations and all had food, some very much so.

• Like 1

is this still schedule for Wed released? or delayed till next week? 

Seriously??? just read the last page. There are those who read the whole thread, including your question, just because you don't want to read the last page.

This is what i was talking about that i found early. Doubt its for the SVD.

That's the ammo the SVD takes, I have one but I have not found a clip for it, HOWEVER, I did manage to chamber it with one of the loose 7.62x54's I do have. 

That's the ammo the SVD takes, I have one but I have not found a clip for it, HOWEVER, I did manage to chamber it with one of the loose 7.62x54's I do have. 

Yeah its mosin ammo and i found what the clip goes to. They completely redid the skin texture for the ammo. :)

So, strange that no one mentioned the missing zeds yet, I did not see a single one in Stary -> vmc -> pustoshka -> myshkino -> myshkino tents.

Performance without zeds is good ... guess that's to be expected.

The Zeds aren't missing. The devs just moved the zombie spawns away from those areas and placed them in more interesting locations, such as big cities and big military compounds, e.g. NWAF and Pavlovo military base. The number of zeds in total is the same as before I guess, if not higher.

Edited by Ultimoose
  • Like 1

Died of starvation twice, now I have a decent character.  Somebody set up two tents in the middle of the street that I secured and made a base with.  I also found a truck that I have been keeping safe.  Currently doing all I can to survive.  Been killing cows and eating their meat, mixed with some apples and trips to a well.  Made myself a bow to defend myself with and carry a fresh ashwood stick for up close.  I did have one of the new brown hunting jackets, but that vanished when I tried putting a red rain coat inside of it.

I did find some canned food, though.  One can had already been opened, signs of someone else dropping it.  Also found a bag of rice, conveniently enough.  Most buildings are bare except for one maybe two junk pieces of gear or clothing.  Every once in a while I'll find a house or a few that haven't been looted or have decent loot spawns.  I did find two pots and a pan to use with my stone oven while I roast an apple on my stick.  First gun I found was an Amphibia in a house.  Was kinda hoping that spears would be implemented this patch...  Looking forward to packing up my tent and heading inland once I get a larger bag and more inventory...

Still looking for an ever-so-elusive leather sewing kit to make some decent clothing and a water pouch from the half dozen hides I have.  Tried using a couple rabbit snares, but a reset claimed one and the other sat for 40 minutes without a catch.

Also looks like some gear is spawning in weird ways in some spots.  Found three weapon flashlights and an assortment of AK parts on the steps of one house.  Also found four raincoats gathered around a shed.  On the topic of raincoats, how do you make armbands now?  I couldn't cut up the raincoat anymore...

The Zeds aren't missing. The devs just moved the zombie spawns away from those areas and placed them in more interesting locations, such as big cities and big military compounds, e.g. NWAF and Pavlovo military base. The number of zeds in total is the same as before I guess, if not higher.

Seriously? I wonder where the performance difference between yesterday and today is coming from then?

Has the rain been turned back on? I understand its bugged in .55. Honestly hope its still bugged in .56 :)

Blasphemy! I desperately miss the different weather conditions.

• Like 3

Seriously??? just read the last page. There are those who read the whole thread, including your question, just because you don't want to read the last page.

ya, someone has work to do and read thru the whole thread.....if there is an update, fine, confirmed the date 

I really wish i could find one of those scopes to test all the civilian and semi military rifles with unless the damn thing is not in this build yet.

Edited by Deathlove

Todays update runs much smoother, thank you.

Fighting infected with melee weapons worked really well.

One server we were on kept restarting at about 20 mins of up time, another seemed to hold on longer but I have to log off for a few hours.

I have a silenced AK with WAY too many bullets and a RAK which is also very well stocked.

I want to test the aggro properties of the silencer and see if anything has changed there.

Hopefully ColdAtrophy and I will take on the hordes again tonight.

He's restocked the MP5, but a mag and some ammo for his Draganov would be a welcome addition....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

Yei, everything is much smoother tonight. Consuming, drinking, eating, crafting opening doors etc. :beans:

well Bill, my V3S despawned or reset so im stuck somewhere in the north.

I found 5 cans of food in a barn.

must be one hungry farmer.

Found a v3s in stary, parked outside of veresnik, got an FNX with mag and sight, and an sks, v3s was stolen doh!, found a second v3s in Vybor, parked truck outside of south barracks, a 3rd v3s (different color) rushes down runway 30 seconds later. Conclusion: 10,000 vehicle servers are back!!

Well, server ate my two tents and a few drybags, one was full of scopes hehe, oh well.  Fortunately there's more civ tents spawning, time to start restocking my goods and get some farming gear back!