boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Here, this applies to you as well.

*This EXPERIMENTAL branch is ALWAYS being used to stress test the servers by lumping in new high demand tech that isn't optimized and letting us struggling fools bang the worn down servers into crawling piles of confused code.

OR he is an European player and the closest servers are in the US. At least for me the pings are a little high, but not too bad. When UK servers are online, I get like 70ms (on packed servers), and my ISP makes sure that the lowest ping I ever get to anywhere is 30. If he gets 200ms on close servers, it's an issue I don't have and a valid argument. Well argument is a bad name, let's call it feedback.

Same for me. Even with ping set to "1000", no servers. I can only see US, AUS and Sing servers. Played 30 mins but with ping 200+ it's not working.

I tried to connect to EU servers with different IPs, no luck.

The game freezes every time I want to join a server with "-newui" in the start options. With the "old"ui it's working.

Waiting for the next experimental update... :)

I played on 200+ ping servers in the US and normal European ones, the "it's not working" part can mean many things, but for me it worked better on a 200+ ping US server with 25 ppl compared to a close UK servers that was full. At the current performance I don't think we should assume the ping is the problem with whatever is "not working". You really should ellaborate on what exactly is "not working" for you though :)

Edited by bautschi

I'm really struggling to get this character established. I found plenty of melee weapons, but not a spec of food an no warm clothes. I'm sure that I heard a chicken, but I haven't seen any animals. I was "red starving" when I finally found a small orchard in someone's back yard and I ate eighteen apples. It seems like I walked only 100m towards the next town and I was starving again.

Played cat and mouse with a zed, because my sledge hammer disappeared from my hot bar. Even though it was still on my back, it was totally inaccessible. I put on some hiking boots and all of a sudden that unfroze my sledge.

Found a pair of binoculars and I'm desperately looking for apple trees. I'm shaking so bad, that I can barely see through them. This character is not going to make it. The only mystery is whether the cold, or starvation will claim me first.

I've seen animals and have found plenty of food.You need to be checking places you probably wouldn't normal of and get off the coast...I've tested the loot in several different areas and servers.Purposely killing myself to start a new.I found a ak74 with a magazine(28/30) and suppressor attached to it.I have so much can goods I've had to drop some for ammunition...

If your gun glitches out and won't let you put it in your hands(gives you the inspect or take option when you right click on it sometimes will show up with no ammo in it;even though its loaded). You can correct this by exiting and re-enteriing the server.

Edited by Scarcifer

hi !

been able to spend some hours on the 0.56

the beginning was not difficult, 0.56 was full of loot at that time. i've been struggling with the inventory like every other player. i lost a lot of weapons : 1 mp5k with a 30rnds mag, 1 pm73 RAK with a 25 rnds mag, a winchester (that one made me sad :( ) and a FNX with a clip and a red dot on it. when i stopped using the hotbar, i stopped loosing weapons.

i've found a server quite stable with decent performance in europe, made my way on the top of the map from kamensk to tisy. the places have been visited, but a lot of (good) loot was left behind. i found 2 bags of rice, 3 canteen, 2 PET bottles and about 20 canned food + 20 canned soda, 1 mosin, 1pm73, 2-3 p1 and finally a winchester and a few .308 winchester bullets.

i found a lot of cloth'plosions, m65 jackets everywhere ! i've been amazed that every single house seemed tho have been visited, luckily by heavily geared players.

UK vests can't be repaired with leather sewing kits,  the hunting scope seems to be a gost, not found a single one yet.

as long as you find a nice server, the 0.56 is playble with a few tricks.

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

OR he is an European player and the closest servers are in the US. At least for me the pings are a little high, but not too bad. When UK servers are online, I get like 70ms (on packed servers), and my ISP makes sure that the lowest ping I ever get to anywhere is 30. If he gets 200ms on close servers, it's an issue I don't have and a valid argument. Well argument is a bad name, let's call it feedback.

I played on 200+ ping servers in the US and normal European ones, the "it's not working" part can mean many things, but for me it worked better on a 200+ ping US server with 25 ppl compared to a close UK servers that was full. At the current performance I don't think we should assume the ping is the problem with whatever is "not working". You really should ellaborate on what exactly is "not working" for you though :)

I can't tell you if EU servers have a better or worse performance as the US ones -for me-, bc I can't see them in my serverbrowser, so I can't join them.

It's not working -for me- means, when I put an item in my inventory with a 30sec delay and lag with every action. I can't compare it to servers with a better ping, so I can't tell you more about my problem.

But I can wait, if they fix for this exp it's fine, if not I'm sure with the next one :)

I can't tell you if EU servers have a better or worse performance as the US ones -for me-, bc I can't see them in my serverbrowser, so I can't join them.

It's not working -for me- means, when I put an item in my inventory with a 30sec delay and lag with every action. I can't compare it to servers with a better ping, so I can't tell you more about my problem.

But I can wait, if they fix for this exp it's fine, if not I'm sure with the next one :)

As soon as the server goes over approximately 12 players, this happens to me regardless of my ping. It can take upwards of about 30 seconds to complete an action. If the server has more than 20 players, we don't even bother at this point.

• Like 1

It's in the forum, hidden under the deceptive heading of "Bug Reports."

Here's the link" http://feedback.dayzgame.com

I know its just a pain compared to some in game bug trackers ive seen.

So I had no idea this was in the game already:

Apparently the VSS silenced sniper is also ingame according to dayztv it was found on a russion  heli crash site.

• Like 2

Hey guys, earlier in this thread I think someone said the bow wasn't working. I'm happy to report this is untrue. The first time I used it there was some sort of weird delay but then it showed up in my hands just fine and a pin-cushion zombie proved it's working again

Also, I'm not sure if it's been reported but preparing fish works properly again too.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 5

I more excited about the prospect of becoming an animal trapper and what we can do with skins now let you know my finds 

I've lost a gun when I've pressed an X to move it on to my back slot, also bunch of items where lost after I've looted them so just a heads up. The 0.56 experimental wasn't that appealing for me and I surely played on at least last 15 experimental patches. You can now place the item inside the item like it used to be few patches back, also the server seemed to crash often. I'm a big fan of this game but I'll have to pass on the experimental until it comes to stable branch.

Edited by Miracool

where did you find it?? I cant even find a damn pistol!

where did you find it?? I cant even find a damn pistol!

I can't say whether it was a spawned item or if it was dropped by a player because of the gun's location and position. I'd rather not spread misinformation in here. I found it just inside the door of a rural building that had a parked V3S right behind it.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Well I went to novo on southwest us server first person and I go to this place and all I find are vests stacked on top of each other and an aks. I took that stuff and went to the log cabin. I then went to the jeep and there's was so much stuff I found some mags for my aks but my aks dissaperead all of the sudden. Disappointed I went inside the cabin and I found a ak 74 and so I just attached the mag to that and I was ready. Pure luck this time I also found some food and a friendly person at svelt ha. Edit- I also had a glimpse of the SVD on a 3rd person server I just went to a house somewhere I cant remember and a guy with an SVD shoots me and kills me I was a freshspawn anyways and I saw spawned in cherno so I was happy.

Edited by DaNic2553

I've seen animals and have found plenty of food.You need to be checking places you probably wouldn't normal of and get off the coast...I've tested the loot in several different areas and servers.Purposely killing myself to start a new.I found a ak74 with a magazine(28/30) and suppressor attached to it.I have so much can goods I've had to drop some for ammunition...

If your gun glitches out and won't let you put it in your hands(gives you the inspect or take option when you right click on it sometimes will show up with no ammo in it;even though its loaded). You can correct this by exiting and re-enteriing the server.

I'm only a couple of towns inland and I recognize that my location is the problem. Believe me, I've looked for food in every out-house and under every bush. I've even been opening my inventory at all known spawn locations, in the hope that I might find some invisible food. I'm desperately trying to get further inland, but I need some food to fuel the journey.

I didn't find a back pack until I approached my second inland town, so I was unable to stock up on apples. Not that I necessarily would have, as it took forever and a day to pick eighteen apples! I may be a wee bit frustrated at the moment, but I am not upset. I enjoy the struggle and having nothing to rely on, but my wits and my imagination.

I'm not in the habit of killing myself until I get a favorable spawn. I play the cards that I am dealt and I believe that this has sharpened my survival skills. Besides, repeatedly killing myself until I got an inland spawn would probably take longer than picking a backpack full of apples.

I'm only a couple of towns inland and I recognize that my location is the problem. Believe me, I've looked for food in every out-house and under every bush. I've even been opening my inventory at all known spawn locations, in the hope that I might find some invisible food. I'm desperately trying to get further inland, but I need some food to fuel the journey.

I didn't find a back pack until I approached my second inland town, so I was unable to stock up on apples. Not that I necessarily would have, as it took forever and a day to pick eighteen apples! I may be a wee bit frustrated at the moment, but I am not upset. I enjoy the struggle and having nothing to rely on, but my wits and my imagination.

I'm not in the habit of killing myself until I get a favorable spawn. I play the cards that I am dealt and I believe that this has sharpened my survival skills. Besides, repeatedly killing myself until I got an inland spawn would probably take longer than picking a backpack full of apples.

bill what server are you on? im on southcentral 0-2 and have a V3S  i can pick you up in if your having trouble getting started.

bill what server are you on? im on southcentral 0-2 and have a V3S  i can pick you up in if your having trouble getting started.

I think that I was on that server for a while. Central and Southcentral are my usual haunts. I was initially on a night-time server and I couldn't find anything at all on the coast. It was as if a giant vacuum cleaner had sucked everything up, off of the map.

Then I hopped onto a second server (I think this was Southcentral 0-2) just before dawn. I hadn't seen daybreak in a while and it was glorious! I went to my first inland town and found some apples, lots of hats and some good melee weapons.

Then there was a scheduled server restart and I hopped onto a third server. I don't remember which one. I had just arrived at another town and I was doing some reconnoitering from a nearby hill, when I noticed that it was 1 AM IRL. I won't log back in for another few hours, but Hopefully I'll find something in this town apart from hungry zeds.

If I'm still alive after I go through this town, perhaps you'll rescue me tomorrow night?

Cheers! and thanks for the generous offer!!!

I think that I was on that server for a while. Central and Southcentral are my usual haunts. I was initially on a night-time server and I couldn't find anything at all on the coast. It was as if a giant vacuum cleaner had sucked everything up, off of the map.

Then I hopped onto a second server (I think this was Southcentral 0-2) just before dawn. I hadn't seen daybreak in a while and it was glorious! I went to my first inland town and found some apples, lots of hats and some good melee weapons.

Then there was a scheduled server restart and I hopped onto a third server. I don't remember which one. I had just arrived at another town and I was doing some reconnoitering from a nearby hill, when I noticed that it was 1 AM IRL. I won't log back in for another few hours, but Hopefully I'll find something in this town apart from hungry zeds.

If I'm still alive after I go through this town, perhaps you'll rescue me tomorrow night?

Cheers! and thanks for the generous offer!!!

yes i will come pick you up, tomorrow around 5:00 CST?

but um heh...

this happened

2IRZp3n.jpg

:D

I didnt break my legs thank the lord. and i can still get in and out of it.

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Jv6QmnN.jpg

You have no idea how excited this makes me. The UMP has been my favorite gun in many games; I hope it holds up in SA as well.

You have no idea how excited this makes me. The UMP has been my favorite gun in many games; I hope it holds up in SA as well.

I hear you man. My love affair with the .45 version in video games goes back to the earlier days of Rainbow Six. More recently, I have enjoyed using it in BF4.

I can't use the one I found today and I can't really carry it right now so I had to leave it behind which makes me sad. Persistence isn't working correctly in EXP either so I can't store it. The model shows a mag but it didn't seem to have one and I haven't seen one yet. I'm excited at the prospect of kitting one up in stable though. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

yes i will come pick you up, tomorrow around 5:00 CST?

but um heh...

this happened

2IRZp3n.jpg

:D

I didnt break my legs thank the lord. and i can still get in and out of it.

That's a neat trick! How did you manage to accomplish that?!?!?

I was in Tisy a few weeks ago and all of the loot was floating 3m above ground. It wasn't a map-wide issue, it only affected Tisy. It was pretty creepy!

I hear you man. My love affair with the .45 version in video games goes back to the earlier days of Rainbow Six. More recently, I have enjoyed using it in BF4.

I can't use the one I found today and I can't really carry it right now so I had to leave it behind which makes me sad. Persistence isn't working correctly in EXP either so I can't store it. The model shows a mag but it didn't seem to have one and I haven't seen one yet. I'm excited at the prospect of kitting one up in stable though. 

Yeah I loved it back in Battlefield and CS source, same with in CS:GO now.

Any idea if it was similar to the MP5k in backpack size? 

I recently switched back to stable so that I could waste all my hard-earned loot on every hive which I play, but I might go back to exp to try and find this bad boy.

Yeah I loved it back in Battlefield and CS source, same with in CS:GO now.

Any idea if it was similar to the MP5k in backpack size? 

I recently switched back to stable so that I could waste all my hard-earned loot on every hive which I play, but I might go back to exp to try and find this bad boy.

My instinct is to say that it is indeed one of the smaller slot requirement weapons for storage like the MP5K, but I'm honestly not sure that I checked and I don't want to tell you the wrong thing. 

That's a neat trick! How did you manage to accomplish that?!?!?

I was in Tisy a few weeks ago and all of the loot was floating 3m above ground. It wasn't a map-wide issue, it only affected Tisy. It was pretty creepy!

well i went up to tisy today and nothing of that sort happened, i think i was in Nevoya Petrovka or somewhere up north. and it just glitched out on that floor when i went up the ramp.