boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Some decent additions to this, but not liking the FPS atm as currently only on my work laptop :(  

Inventory management is still a huge pain in the ass. 

Wrecked HMMWV's are spawning all the good military shit you used to find at the Wrecked Zil Trucks and UAZ Jeeps.  Found a turtle pack, two sets of pockets for a plate carrier, several AK74 mags and ammo and an AK74U at several different wrecks.

Haven't even moved more that 4-5 KM from where I spawned in at.

If you made a back pack from the burlap sack then make sure you take it off completely or move all your gear to your new pack before you swap packs. 

day 3:

combined rope and burlap to make improvised courier bag.  both vanished forever.  no courier bag.

disassembled a trumpet.  it vanished forever.

opened 2 cans of bacon with can opener.  both vanished forever.

took my eyes off essential water bottle in backpack for 15 minutes.  vanished forever.

attached a gas canister to a camp stove.  both vanished forever.

when I put cooked meat in backpack and retrieved it later, it had become raw again (seriously).

fire works!  seriously I could not make fire in .54 or .55.  did exact same thing in .56 and... fire.  holy shit YAY.  too bad meat won't stay cooked.

my search for a potato continues...

Edited by Red_Ensign

it runned very smoothly this night. i quit on european servers (well the only 3 i saw : UK 0-5, DE 0-2, DE 0-1), all 50/50 crashing every 5 minutes (both my game and the server, alternately). i logged on the US 0-5 northeast server  (160 ping for me) with 10-20 players on it and it was smooth as silk. no desyncr problem with the players i saw, no inventory bug, and i used my inventory A LOT (putting things on the floor to rearrange my stuff, switching backpacks...).

50 players is way too mutch regarding server performance, but i thing it's the point : i saw server with a huge amount of Z, server with a lot of loot, server with no Z, little loot spawn points... they are testing stuff and i hope they get god data from our suffering :D .

Found AK74 with mag and suppressor at the 3 guard houses in berezino* plus a Smersh vest and tortilla back pack. oh ya, and an FNX with mag. All with 10 minutes of spawning. Not surprisingly, it was death match berezino within minutes, gun shots rang out from every direction. I'm sure within 24 hours it will be a ghost town though :)

Edited by Dagwood
  • Like 1

If you can't place the radio on the ground and lure the infected to it with "Thriller" I will be severely disappointed.

That way I can sit and watch from a distance....

9YNmeG2.gif

You completely read my mind. I can't wait to see if I can distract the zeds with a radio, while I loot their town.

• Like 2

Found both the hunting scope and Model 70. They make a good combo...

• Like 3

I know that exp is subject to all kinds of random and crazy changes, and I'm trying to do my part to help test this stuff out. However, playing the latest exp build was boring as hell tonight. I guess we logged about 3 hours altogether and I think we might have seen maybe 3 zombies. I don't actually recall off the top of my head seeing more than one. The loot distribution is pretty strange to me too at the moment. We went from the Southeast corner of the map all the way to the Northeast and I think I am noticing a fairly large number of regular items are conspicuously absent. 

I'm sure there are plenty of perfectly good reasons for all of this, but I wish the devs godspeed in pushing on to the next experimental build. I'm not sure how many days of this I could take.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

hallelujah ! finally found it after searching almost 20 deer stands !

doesn't it look sexy ? (apologies for my crappy graphics)

magnification : i look a the same spot without and with the scope. magnification is ridiculously small compared to the LRS :(

well, i'm geared now ! i thank the guy that was KOS people at myshkino, i really enjoyed his vest, backpack and ammo box :P

I just found one in a deer blind on Green Mountain!!!!  Doesn't fit on the Izh 18 though.

SepticFalcon has fun with the radio:

Can I kick it? To all the people who can Quest like A Tribe does

Before this, did you really know what live was?

Comprehend to the track, for it's why cuz

Gettin measures on the tip of the vibers

Rock and roll to the beat of the funk fuzz

Wipe your feet really good on the rhythm rug

If you feel the urge to freak, do the jitterbug

Come and spread your arms if you really need a hug

Afrocentric living is a big shrug

A life filled with fun that's what I love

A lower plateau is what we're above

If you diss us, we won't even think of

Will Nipper the doggy give a big shove?

This rhythm really fits like a snug glove

Like a box of positives it's a plus, love

As the Tribe flies high like a dove

Edited by AnarchyBrownies
  • Like 2

Can I kick it? To all the people who can Quest like A Tribe does

Before this, did you really know what live was?

Comprehend to the track, for it's why cuz

Gettin measures on the tip of the vibers

Rock and roll to the beat of the funk fuzz

Wipe your feet really good on the rhythm rug

If you feel the urge to freak, do the jitterbug

Come and spread your arms if you really need a hug

Afrocentric living is a big shrug

A life filled with fun that's what I love

A lower plateau is what we're above

If you diss us, we won't even think of

Will Nipper the doggy give a big shove?

This rhythm really fits like a snug glove

Like a box of positives it's a plus, love

As the Tribe flies high like a dove

What's the scenario friend ? Why you screaming rawr rawr like a dungeon dragon ?

• Like 3

So I went ahead and tried exp again I got some new dayz buddy's from the forums so I was glad. I spawned in dubky to meet a friend we both got geared well my buddy got an ak 74 I had a reapeter. He eventually logged out and I made my way up into nadezhino and I checked a deer stand my second one and I found a hunting scope its looks real nice though I'll need to get a sporter, blaze, winchester, or a cr 527. I'll probably get one when its night just to have less people when I play I want to actually get the new stuff and not get killed though I'm sure that's what the other people want as well.

If you can't place the radio on the ground and lure the infected to it with "Thriller" I will be severely disappointed.

That way I can sit and watch from a distance....

You completely read my mind. I can't wait to see if I can distract the zeds with a radio, while I loot their town.

You've both got it all wrong. I'm going to set up a tent or two at Prud, build a fire, put on some tunes, and wait for all the haters of my camping lifestyle to come say it to my face  >:(  :lol:

• Like 1

You've both got it all wrong. I'm going to set up a tent or two at Prud, build a fire, put on some tunes, and wait for all the haters of my camping lifestyle to come say it to my face  > :(  :lol:

OK, I'm on my way to Prud tonight. The haters can vent on both of us and then I'll give them my .357 response.

• Like 2

Nice to see some others have having some luck with this update. I've been from Kamy to Elektro to Pusta to Mogilevka and all I have is a beret, a sledgehammer and a green raincoat. I know the devs and some in the community might disagree with me but I feel that running from town to town picking apples isn't hardcore. It's boring. Just my observations. Gonna give it another try before I wait for the next update.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm whether they have fixed the helicopter crashes? Past patch they wouldnt spawn with persistence, or rather wouldnt respawn. 

If they havent fixed it then releasing the SVD/VSS is pointless since we cannot get magazines for those rifles. 

Can confirm loot still spawning @turuvo prison mostly in mid air lol. just stand on a pile too reach it.Found fnx 3 assault vests 2 tanker's probably more but was night

Can anyone confirm whether they have fixed the helicopter crashes? Past patch they wouldnt spawn with persistence, or rather wouldnt respawn. 

If they havent fixed it then releasing the SVD/VSS is pointless since we cannot get magazines for those rifles. 

i think the SVD can be found in ohter places than crashes. it's still very usable without a magazine as the weapon can be chambered and ammo are plenty.

but since there is no video/picture of people using an UMP45 or a VSS, i guess that helicopter respawn work like in 0.55. (but who need a UMP and SVD when you can have a winchester and a MP5 easily :D )

Nice to see some others have having some luck with this update. I've been from Kamy to Elektro to Pusta to Mogilevka and all I have is a beret, a sledgehammer and a green raincoat. I know the devs and some in the community might disagree with me but I feel that running from town to town picking apples isn't hardcore. It's boring. Just my observations. Gonna give it another try before I wait for the next update.

The CLE, while a superior solution, is still very much a work in progress. Eventually, it will be able to control loot spawns regionally. Until that happens, high traffic areas of the map will likely have very little usable/desirable loot.

For the time being, it is necessary to use apples/berries/theft/cannibalism to get away from the coast in order to find "the good stuff." Once you have the necessary provisions, by all means go back to the coast and shoot your buddies/bambis/zeds, or whatever trips your trigger.

I don't expect that survival will ever be trivial again, but once the CLE has regional capability and is properly tuned, I think that apples will become a supplement, rather than a staple.

The CLE, while a superior solution, is still very much a work in progress. Eventually, it will be able to control loot spawns regionally. Until that happens, high traffic areas of the map will likely have very little usable/desirable loot.

For the time being, it is necessary to use apples/berries/theft/cannibalism to get away from the coast in order to find "the good stuff." Once you have the necessary provisions, by all means go back to the coast and shoot your buddies/bambis/zeds, or whatever trips your trigger.

I don't expect that survival will ever be trivial again, but once the CLE has regional capability and is properly tuned, I think that apples will become a supplement, rather than a staple.

I hope so. Oddly enough the next town I got to I managed to find a tumpet and the materials to make a courier bag, then found a m65 jacket in a random house. Lol I should complain more often. Still I feel as if the play hours it took to get this far was a bit much, I'm still happy about my finds.

i think the SVD can be found in ohter places than crashes. it's still very usable without a magazine as the weapon can be chambered and ammo are plenty.

but since there is no video/picture of people using an UMP45 or a VSS, i guess that helicopter respawn work like in 0.55. (but who need a UMP and SVD when you can have a winchester and a MP5 easily :D )

Here is a video of the VSS in action 

• Like 4

I hope so. Oddly enough the next town I got to I managed to find a tumpet and the materials to make a courier bag, then found a m65 jacket in a random house. Lol I should complain more often. Still I feel as if the play hours it took to get this far was a bit much, I'm still happy about my finds.

I feel ya. I traveled all the way from Skalisty to Novy Sobor on apples, before I saw my first can of food and scored a working firearm (found a Winchester early on, but no ammo). Once I got North of Novy Sobor, the loot was considerably more plentiful.

In all of that travel, the closest thing I saw to a lootsplosion was two pair of boots, a land mine and two shovels, sitting on top of a radio tower.

Here is a video of the VSS in action 

He probably involuntarily stood up to eat. I friggin' hate that!

Still ... nice shot. Well done.

I feel ya. I traveled all the way from Skalisty to Novy Sobor on apples, before I saw my first can of food and scored a working firearm (found a Winchester early on, but no ammo). Once I got North of Novy Sobor, the loot was considerably more plentiful.

In all of that travel, the closest thing I saw to a lootsplosion was two pair of boots, a land mine and two shovels, sitting on top of a radio tower.

It does seem like loot seems more natural the further north-west you go. I got to the barn cluster just to the north-east of Green Mountain and there were tools spawning and even found a soda and a can of tuna. I'm guessing the players moving inland are pushing the loot spawns inward. Hopefully the can adjust the CLE to compensate for this soon.

Not much in the way of loot so far except for 1 or 2 spot's,luckily Tulga was unlooted as usual where I found full pristine rice so was sorted.Just found a mini lootsplosion mp5 2 pristine grips 2 acog 11 mp5 mags 5 rak mags and a landmine :D (though id rather have some gloves cargo's and wire :P )