boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

a mag and some ammo for his Dragnov would be a welcome addtion....

Hell. I'd settle for just some ammo. I'm willing to deal with chambering rounds one at time just so I can try it out at this point.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

servers in US restarting. time to browse the forums until they reboot.

Rags don't initially show up when you tear a t-shirt or something like that. 

Yes I do, but only for the hotties.

• Like 9

We killed at least 50 zeds, probably many more. We aggroed a large group of them several times after this whole thing went down too and were forced to haul ass. This was one of the most badass zombie encounters I've ever had in a video game (minus the clipping through walls crap). At one point while we were reloading and had the doors closed, ALL of the zombies outside the house began growling and shrieking. It was terrifyingly loud. The next time we do this, I'm going to Shadowplay the whole thing.

Wow.. seriously sounds like this game is getting to the point that I want it to be with the zombie situation.. that's all I have wanted to see in the sa,  a shit load more zombies than anything else ever and it seems like its finally getting here. Thanks for reporting back Atrophy..

Think I will start assembling my laZy crew from the depths of my steam friends list

Blasphemy! I desperately miss the different weather conditions.

LOL! I foresaw a comment of this type coming my way :) Weather is cool; it just used to rain so god damn much on our server .....maybe that's really why I named it "The Jungle" :rolleyes:  

maybe that's really why I named it "The Jungle" :rolleyes:  

Either that or your a fan of that one song by Guns N Roses.  :P

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 1

Winchester is interesting

• Like 1

Yeah, there are almost no zombies and very little loot in the current exp build. #alphaofthealpha

• Like 1

Yeah, there are almost no zombies and very little loot in the current exp build. #alphaofthealpha

I think they may be concentrated somewhere, possibly to test server capabilities and iron out the lag that was experienced at the start of this build. I noticed they were being removed one server after another, so either it's part of the stress test or just a spawning bug.

• Like 1

Just logged of Aus 0-2 1pp and there was no shortage of loot in the North-East corner that I saw in the 2 hours I played. Belly full of rice, water bottle, vest, tent, various mags, bullets and guns (no matching ones yet) except a Mosin and 21rds. 

Not a single zambie though.

Was just coming on to ask where these hoards I've been hearing about are but it looks like that's kind of answered. 

• Like 1

Just logged of Aus 0-2 1pp and there was no shortage of loot in the North-East corner that I saw in the 2 hours I played. Belly full of rice, water bottle, vest, tent, various mags, bullets and guns (no matching ones yet) except a Mosin and 21rds. 

Not a single zambie though.

Was just coming on to ask where these hoards I've been hearing about are but it looks like that's kind of answered. 

Funny. That's exactly where we were. We went from Severograd to Svetlo back to Severograd and then to NWAF, stopping at various smaller spots all along the way and found very, very little. From the time we left Severograd to the time we got back, we saw absolutely ZERO zombies. Such a stark contrast to what we saw last night.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

ColdAtrophy, on 11 May 2015 - 8:55 PM, said:

Funny. That's exactly where we were. We went from Severograd to Svetlo back to Severograd and then to NWAF, stopping at various smaller spots all along the way and found very, very little. From the time we left Severograd to the time we got back, we saw absolutely ZERO zombies. Such a stark contrast to what we saw last night.

I cleaned out and tented everything neat or useful in the south side of Svetloyarsk then made my way North through Turovo before the reset just before I posted. Nothing spectacular in Svetlo but I got clothed and my stats in check and tented an izh18, 4 mp5 mags, and 50+ ak74 rounds along with the Mosin and ammo I took with me. Turovo was interesting though the prision is demolished yet there was loot spawns in the wreckage including 2 vests, lots of boots and an FNX45, never seen one of those until today. Server reset on the road between there and Dobroe and I said F-it because I'm tired sore and crabby from a motorbike wipeout on the weekend and pitty party beer after, my mint CBR is less mint now :(

Edited by BCBasher

The Zeds aren't missing. The devs just moved the zombie spawns away from those areas and placed them in more interesting locations, such as big cities and big military compounds, e.g. NWAF and Pavlovo military base. The number of zeds in total is the same as before I guess, if not higher.

The folks at DayZ Wiki are reporting that the zed count on build 666 was 1240, while 0.55 stable had 1100.

Anecdotally at least, they do now seem to be clustered together in the more developed areas of the map, whereas they were more evenly spread out in 0.55.

• Like 1

The folks at DayZ Wiki are reporting that the zed count on build 666 was 1240, while 0.55 stable had 1100.

Anecdotally at least, they do now seem to be clustered together in the more developed areas of the map, whereas they were more evenly spread out in 0.55.

Now we are on .675 and the zombies appear to be on hiatus.

So today I decided to play for an hour to try to make some progress. I was on my southwest us server and spawned back at kamensk mil base I checked the barrack just a bunch of berets and the prison had abosuotly nothing. I went back down from kamensk into sevograd and I saw one of those building thats always loot sploded so I decided to check it out and in I saw something miraculous. An SVD..... And an east supressur. I was so hyped when I saw it I just quickly grabbed it and got some ammo into it. I decided I would give my ak 74 to my friend so I didn't have hold an extra gun in my hands. I checked a few more building found some food and a pack of SVD ammo so I was glad. For an hour of gameplay I got some very good stuff, I've seen half of the new gun introduced into .56 the winchester model 70, izh 18, and the SVD I'm still missing the c96 red nine, ump 45, and the vss vintorez. If anyone interested in playing exp or stable feel free to ask all I ask is don't betray and I won't do it to. Edit: I forgot to say there was absolutely no zombies whatsoever nor animals but I wasnt trying to look for them.

Edited by DaNic2553

HAHA what is going on here?!

I tried the winchester (Vybor military, US west, shot someone in the legs and then my game crashed while accessing their inventory, was a fresh spawn when I returned).

I quite enjoyed it, considering the mosin isn't going to be as big of a (sniper) player in the future patches.

Edited by tux

Damn, faster than mad minute with Lee Enfield!!

• Like 1

Now we are on .675 and the zombies appear to be on hiatus.

Do the servers appear to be any more responsive, as a result?

Found out the V3S can take a hit, I was ambushed by someone they hit the V3S several times from the rear but only managed to kill the wind screen on the drivers side.

Found a Chainsaw, hadn't seen one for a long time in this build, still have not seen a fuel can.

Still have not found any cargo pants of any type.  Been finding M65's and the hunters jackets so that's nice

• Like 1

Found out the V3S can take a hit, I was ambushed by someone they hit the V3S several times from the rear but only managed to kill the wind screen on the drivers side.

Found a Chainsaw, hadn't seen one for a long time in this build, still have not seen a fuel can.

Still have not found any cargo pants of any type.  Been finding M65's and the hunters jackets so that's nice

Chainsaw I've seen a couple times in exp. One or two fuel cans. 

Every time I've seen the new hunters jacket there has been at least 2 different colored M65's in the same room, and you can't pass up those bad boys.

Do the servers appear to be any more responsive, as a result?

Yes. Everything was smooth as silk at 1st person DE2 server. No zeds, no animals. Atleast didn't see any. Played over an hour, inland.

Yes. Everything was smooth as silk at 1st person DE2 server. No zeds, no animals. Atleast didn't see any. Played over an hour, inland.

I've been on for the past hour. I had to jump off for a scheduled server re-start. I'd have to agree, everything seemed much smoother.

I didn't have any of the violent, jerking/stuttering desync, that I had last night. At one point it was so bad, that I thought that my character had a seizure. I glitched right through a door and I got stuck there, half in and half out of a room. It was very inconvenient! It was so violent that my character dropped the sledge when he fell. That's when I found out for sure that my pseudo-duped sledge was actually a real sledge.

Things were so crazy last night that I didn't feel confident that if I dropped either sledge, both of them wouldn't disappear. Looks like I'm going to get banned for duping! Why couldn't I have found something worth duping????