boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

Changelog 0.55 stable in a nutshell:

- Zombies renamed to "OPbies"

- Made it harder to find loot.

- Cholera added

Pat yourself on the back....   

Now that I've read a positive statement regarding the fact you can sneak behind them I gave it another go and have had great luck and in fact they new Zeds are growing on me.   Don't get all high and mighty on your high post count.  You would think with all that "experience" you would offer insight rather than insult.    Granted I'll look before I leap next time.  I did not realize the smarts also added to the Zeds at first... all I knew is I logged off yesterday in a sleepy .54 release to come back to getting an immediate laggy ass kicking in .55.  

Tatanko actually has been helpful on an account to me when I've asked him a question. He just don't take kindly to ignorant people and/or kids that don't realize what they signed up for; when they entered Alpha Testing. Or the people complaining about zed's killing them....It's a survival simulation with zed's as one of the main obstacles they should be extremely difficult to work with and around if not cautious. I'm glad their starting to move the right direction.

Are tents fixed yet anyone?

• Like 4

This is a valid opinion. But, it's not my opinion. Mostly because there is atleast some options to deal with them, crouching, hiding, closing doors. Losing a group can also be done, by jumping fence and looking for a open door.

They also move now, making spotting them easier, if you take your time. ThAts the catch, take your time and slow down.

did you forget in many cases they just run through the closed door? or glitch through the floor (you can only see their heads but cant hit them), when youre on level 1 rooms in the police station they will still hit you when they are on bottom level, that combined with 10-20fps in elektro/cherno = rip. anyways ill stop playing dayz for now until this stable is either rerolled or till 0.56 stable arrived and until they fixed the op zombies.... in a month or so

Edited by Axezeroone

Are drum mags vanishing?

Mine vanished off my character. I can confirm that much as of now

• Like 1

Sounds like a lot of you don't play on low enough ping servers, can't find a low ping server, or your connection is crap.

Meh.

Right, I'm not usually one to moan, and I don't really post much (mostly a reader) but this patch is just ridiculous. I am fully geared and have plenty of food and water so I have enough to survive on.

Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to have zombies you can not kill (without using a gun) without getting hit? I have just looted pretty much the whole of elektro and found nothing but a couple of hats. I don't even want to try putting my tent down.

Edit to add - Since the update, every server I have tried has had connection issues, with zombies jumping all over the place when chasing me.

Edited by Jordancsmith

PLEASE, PLEASE give us back the old zombies ;D 

Edited by Berrett

Well, try it and be not suprised to get knocked out. Anyway, i am still thinking the zeds should be make stronger (higher damage each hit, higher chance of causing bleeding etc).

LOL, been on experimental all week now, zeds will hit you first every time, you can't "dance" around them anymore but they sure as shit can dance around YOU now.   Much, much, much higher probability of gear ruination.  At least, at least, they seem to get knocked back and react to hits in ways they haven't before and at least, they are not as vicious as they were in yesterdays .55.  But for sure, brother, beware the mob of zeds, meaning 2 or more at once, they will rip your head off and shit down your neck.

• Like 2

I think one thing that contributes to the fustration people have is the language used by the dev team. Using phrases like 'experimental' and 'pushed to stable' makes people think they are getting a polished product on 'stable branch' servers. It all wrong. Really the devs should change the way they label things, maybe say 'pushed to community testing' thus implying the very fact of what we are doing? It just seems this might negate some of the frustration people feel when they log onto a server (stable) and find a load of unfinished stuff?

So what's the best weapon now for one or two hit kills on zombies? I tried my fire axe and it took me 5 or 6 good hits to kill her. Maybe it was that time of the month lol  ;)

Sounds like a lot of you don't play on low enough ping servers, can't find a low ping server, or your connection is crap.

Meh.

Every single post you write, re-read it in a irritating teenagers voice that thinks he is the dogs bollocks though in reality he is just a nerd with a temper. That's the exact voice I hear while reading what you have to say, now can you please stop typing utter garbage?  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

The real question is are they vanishing or are they just non-existent? 

I logged on to find my 3 drum mags, including the one in my gun were gone.

• Like 1

So what's the best weapon now for one or two hit kills on zombies? I tried my fire axe and it took me 5 or 6 good hits to kill her. Maybe it was that time of the month lol  ;)

A pistol or a rifle or a truck, there are NO 1-2 hits melee weapons on zeds anymore. You can try the stun baton or the electric cattle prod, yesterday the stun baton was useless and the prod killed the battery after killing one zed. 

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

I think one thing that contributes to the fustration people have is the language used by the dev team. Using phrases like 'experimental' and 'pushed to stable' makes people think they are getting a polished product on 'stable branch' servers. It all wrong. Really the devs should change the way they label things, maybe say 'pushed to community testing' thus implying the very fact of what we are doing? It just seems this might negate some of the frustration people feel when they log onto a server (stable) and find a load of unfinished stuff?

It's an early access alpha game. That should tell you all you need to know about it. They shouldn't need to carefully word everything they say simply because the testers of their work-in-progress can't be bothered to understand what it is they are getting themselves into.

I want to be clear that I'm not attacking you personally, because I do see where you're coming from. It's just really hard to sympathize with anyone who gets involved in testing a game without understanding the process before they get started.

• Like 9

HarryPotter, on 01 Apr 2015 - 10:19 PM, said:

Discussing semantics wont change anything.

Besides, when you purchased the "game" you knew you were gonna log into a load of unfinished stuff.

Back to Hogwarts Harry!

I had a raincoat disappear off my back when I was filling a canteen at a well.  not sure if hax or glitch thing...

Edited by Red_Ensign

Firstly I want to say, This is a discussion thread about 0.55, it should be allowed to have positive input and negative input "the last one needs to be further drilled into the administrators heads as they clearly are on too much of a power trip and get seriously offended by any negative input towards the game" so I do not permit any of the admins to remove this post without specifically showing me in the rules where I broke them.

This is for the any of the dev team to reply too.

Do you guys god honestly ever think about what you are doing? Please explain to us all why you thought adding this central loot economy "that has yet to work and has been added and removed multiple times" in 0.55 made any sense? It doesn't work... I'll say it again, It doesn't work... and for good measure, It doesn't work! Let's do a google search of what the term "stable" means in terms of game development. Consistent and dependable? Do those two words remind you of what stable branch has been? And please save me the alpha excuse. I've mentioned this idea of how things could change and be a win win situation for both the players and you as the developers. Why don't you actually give us a stable platform that is actually stable and enjoyable and use experimental for testing and further progress, let me explain. 

Stable = Stable, no patch number, no nothing, Call it stable and that is it. Make it work well without any bugs or horrid desync and then leave it like that for us to play and enjoy. Only patch experimental builds to stable when they are actually remotely stable or capable of being hot fixed to a "Stable" worthy state.

Experimental = Progress! Give us an experimental with new content to test and then when you have gathered the information what you need, remove it! Unless as stated above its in a state that it can be pushed to stable branch and be worthy of the title "stable".

What does this achieve? It achieves us having a stable fun enjoyable experience that we desire, though not updated as much, if you wanted to test all the new toys and features then simply play on experimental! And when you want a "Stable" enjoyable and fun experience to enjoy with friends or by yourself, you go back to "Stable". And from the developers stand point it allows you to not have to worry about pushing experimental patches so often to stable and having to hotfix and deal with problems. It would unload a lot of work from you guys leaving more time and energy to pave the way forward and we as the players would get a solid dayz experience with the only downside of having longer wait times to get a stable update however to counter that the patches would be better quality and have more content. It's a win win situation don't you agree? 

This way of development would easily shorten deadlines making it less of a hassle for you guys to make the game and a more enjoyable experience for us along the way!

Edit

This stable patch could be an april fools joke, no?  :D

Edited by Cornholio308
  • Like 1

Every single post you write, re-read it in a irritating teenagers voice that thinks he is the dogs bollocks though in reality he is just a nerd with a temper. That's the exact voice I hear while reading what you have to say, now can you please stop typing utter garbage?  :thumbsup:

Really, every post, troll meister UK? Troll harder.

Every other post on this forum is an ill informed puddle of tears and bitching, and more so in this thread.

Maybe double check the tide of idiocy around here before you single out a long time, well contributing member, who might be a bit glib for your liking but is often helpful.

Desynch and lag cause a vast majority of what people here are complaining about.

Playing on a 15-30 ping server I saw very little dropped infected animations and could track their every move.

Playing on a server 80-100 has shown infected teleporting in short spurts and hitting from a distance.

More problems, Cornholio?

Edit:

Firstly I want to say, This is a discussion thread about 0.55, it should be allowed to have positive input and negative input "the last one needs to be further drilled into the administrators heads as they clearly are on too much of a power trip and get seriously offended by any negative input towards the game" so I do not permit any of the admins to remove this post without specifically showing me in the rules where I broke them.

This is for the any of the dev team to reply too.

-snip-

Who sounds like an irritating teenager now, Cornholio?

rofl

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 8

I hope this patch was a April Fools joke. Because it nurfed my FPS to unplayable levels. From what my clan mates have told me and what I have read that's not the least of it. Zombies are impossible to kill, hit you without animations amongst other problems.  Big military tents disappear after being placed apparently as well. the list goes on. See you after the hot fix people.... :(

Edited by Foolee
  • Like 1

Changelog 0.55 stable in a nutshell:

- Zombies renamed to "OPbies"

- Made it harder to find loot.

- Cholera added

+1 mismo rendimiento y  incumplimiento de fechas como siempre

Edited by elgui

I want to be clear that I'm not attacking you personally, because I do see where you're coming from. It's just really hard to sympathize with anyone who gets involved in testing a game without understanding the process before they get started.

Bingo. Post of the year. This should be pasted to the top of every user's browser while on the DayZ forums permanently, or at least until release.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 5

Every other post on this forum is an ill informed puddle of tears and bitching, and more so in this thread.

Maybe double check the tide of idiocy around here before you single out a long time, well contributing member, who might be a bit glib for your liking but is often helpful.

Desynch and lag cause a vast majority of what people here are complaining about.

Playing on a 15-30 ping server I saw very little dropped infected animations and could track their every move.

Playing on a server 80-100 has shown infected teleporting in short spurts and hitting from a distance.

Let's just be clear. Your conclusion is it must be the ping that is causing the problem. I also play on 30 and 20 ping servers and have the same issues as everyone else here. even 80-100 ping in any game would not produce the issues people are complaining about, It might add slightly to the issue but it is not the root cause! Do not ever try fix a problem without first acknowledging the root cause and beginning to fix there. What is causing the desync? Something is wrong with the servers.. they appear to hiccup occasionally and in most other occasions the performance is just horrid. Just a moment ago my friend was stood standing still by a bus for about 3 minutes as he told me he was actually standing by me 30 feet away, I didn't believe him so I said punch me then. "blood splatter on my head" well what do you know! And this was on 28 ping server as I joined. 

• Like 1

Edit:

Who sounds like an irritating teenager now, Cornholio?

rofl

Actually that's just you reading my post in your own voice, now you know how we all feel.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Cornholio308

Wow, get over yourself.

• Like 2

Let's just be clear. -snip-

If massive game breaking bugs cause you so much rage, you probably should not be testing an Alpha or maybe even a Beta.

If you have followed this project for long enough you would be mentally prepared for wipes, lost gear, glitched interactions with EVERYTHING, and hax.

Taking a stand off-ish attitude with the mods here, will also not curry you any favor, and no dev is required to answer a single post you make.

Actually that's just you reading my post in your own voice, now you know how we all feel.  :thumbsup:

I wanna see a petition, Cornholio.

Because there's no way all those people who gave me nearly 1,500 cans of beans for my posts, HATE what I write.

:facepalm:

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 6