boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

Great now I can't kill zombies with normal weapons in .55.  They punch like Tyson before I can even get one swing in.    I'm hiding in a shed now fearing for my life.

Good, that's how it should be.

• Like 6

I lost all my drums for AKM, my friend too. Devs deleted them from game or it's just a bug (like with attachments in previous update)?

Seeking clarification on this.

I don't mind if they are gone, but it would be nice to know if intended or not.

Good, that's how it should be.

Sure, in a non-lagging smoother game that would be fantastic.. when my animations stop what I'm doing or commands don't work at all it's a pretty unfair advantage.   They seem to jump/lag while walking around you to keep up.  It's a little overwhelming.

• Like 2

Before everyone realizes what's up.. B)

Will trade pristine camo Mosin w/ pristine compensator and 2 boxes of ammo for any pristine semiauto pistol w/ mag and ammo. Also have pristine LRS if you have binocs.

Meet me in the Black Forest hut. PM for server details.

bet we'll see more of these ^ as people figure out that the Infected and melee don't mix any more.

Have the zeds gotten harder between the experimental branch and this stable update? Cuz I was killing zeds with a small hatchet in Cherno a couple of days ago. I just hope they've fixed the silent zed issue. Couldn't hear them running up behind me.

And so, it begins... the "zombies are too hard" noise. It was the same with the mod. Now, the zombies are an actual challenge. They aren't supposed to be easy to kill and it should be hard to kill one unscathed with a melee weapon. Stealth. If you're stealthy, they can be avoided. It's the run and gun (or run and loot) folks who are going to have issues here. What you've played to date is not what the game is supposed to be. With zombies being harder, the game is finally beginning to move toward what it is supposed to be.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 7

There are reports that tents are disappearing immediately after being deployed, just like on experimental.

I'm not going to even try deploying my military tent until this is debunked or there's a hotfix.

Confirmed for me. I spawned near Svetlo and found a tent at the police station. It disappeared as soon as I tried to pitch it. Went back to where I found it, but nothing there either.

Edited by Sacha
  • Like 1

Seeking clarification on this.

I don't mind if they are gone, but it would be nice to know if intended or not.

Harton just said it's "known issue" so it's a bug. 

Helicrashes are working or not?

Edited by kubas246

Have the zeds gotten harder between the experimental branch and this stable update? Cuz I was killing zeds with a small hatchet in Cherno a couple of days ago. I just hope they've fixed the silent zed issue. Couldn't hear them running up behind me.

It still only took two hits but they managed to get 2-4 on me.    They sound different now but no I couldn't hear the others coming while bandaging.  Took a few sucker punches before I could get up and take them out as well.   Now all my stuff is ruined in just one quick encounter.. 

So, they haven't fixed the silent running zed issue yet. Ah, well... adds tension.

So, they haven't fixed the silent running zed issue yet. Ah, well... adds tension.

I guess, I just think a lot of the other game's mechanics could've been figured out before zombies were messed with.

Im not prepared for this.. I logged in the street in the middle of cherno with a mosin last time I played....

Good luck.. I ran out of repeater ammo already in Cherno due to the panic lol.   I'm betting this is going to get really tough on a fresh spawn.

why buff zombies when they are bugged as fk t.t

Yeah, i don't think giving them such a buff at this stage was the smartest idea. There is still many things that should have been fixed first.

• Like 1

I'm whining about zeds being still too weak... come on, where is the challenge!!!

You are so in for a big foot in mouth.

• Like 2

It's a little overwhelming.

That's kind of the point. Yes, things are far from ideal in the current state, but you know what you signed up for. Zombies are supposed to be enough of a threat that you avoid them rather than confront them Rambo-style... that isn't going to change, now or ever, so if you don't like it then you may want to consider finding a new game to play.

• Like 9

Good luck.. I ran out of repeater ammo already in Cherno due to the panic lol.   I'm betting this is going to get really tough on a fresh spawn.

Yeah Im f'cked

• Like 1

I'm guessing that suppresors still have no effect against zombies right?

I'm guessing that suppresors still have no effect against zombies right?

correct, the only advantage is keeping players from hearing you and with zeds the way they are now that could be a bad thing.

Edited by Barnabus

There are reports that tents are disappearing immediately after being deployed, just like on experimental.

I'm not going to even try deploying my military tent until this is debunked or there's a hotfix.

I found my first tent ever, laid it down in what I thought was a nice spot just to see how it worked, and it disappeared. I tried leaving the server and going back and leaving the area and going back. It's gone.

I'm intrigued. I haven't played the stable branch update yet, but I did play the experimental build of .55 and did not have the problems surviving described here. You're able to hide behind trees and cars - though, bushes don't work so well. Use your environment and treat the zeds as though they're actually dangerous. In other words... dealwidit. Adapt. This is a game-changing update... one that has been discussed, intended and (certainly by me) hoped for since the beginning.

• Like 3

patch .55 diary, day 1:

found an mp5 and mag and starved to death, because you can't eat zombies.  oh and zombies are silent now and hit you 2 or 3 times a second without swinging.

• Like 2

I found my first tent ever, laid it down in what I thought was a nice spot just to see how it worked, and it disappeared. I tried leaving the server and going back and leaving the area and going back. It's gone.

Whaaaat???

Can anyone else confirm this?

correct, the only advantage is keeping players from hearing you and with zeds the way they are now that could be a bad thing.

I guess it's time to hit some night only servers then.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3