boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

You are so in for a big foot in mouth.

Well, try it and be not suprised to get knocked out. Anyway, i am still thinking the zeds should be make stronger (higher damage each hit, higher chance of causing bleeding etc).

Whaaaat???

Can anyone else confirm this?

Two other people mentioned in this very thread. I'm guessing we will see more about it as we go.

• Like 2

Two other people mentioned in this very thread. I'm guessing we will see more about it as we go.

See above.

• Like 1

I'm too much of chicken to join any server. I will wait for the patch notes and I'll decide then if it's worth playing this update or not.

Tents seem to be everywhere now, though. I found two in tiny little Msta of all places.

Zeds are overpowered. Considering they can take up to 5 hits with a firefighting axe, while smashing you into pieces for 2-3 hits a second without swining.. you can't even avoid hits at all anymore.

• Like 5

That's kind of the point. Yes, things are far from ideal in the current state, but you know what you signed up for. Zombies are supposed to be enough of a threat that you avoid them rather than confront them Rambo-style... that isn't going to change, now or ever, so if you don't like it then you may want to consider finding a new game to play.

I understand that being a zombie game they should be your primary threat.  The issue is the lack of ability to smoothly interact with them during a fight.  A near static character not moving its arms at you but registering hits is a little 8 bit.  This is a stable patch discussion thread for good and bad.  Telling someone to find a new game is not very constructive....I'm just suggesting there should be other priorities over super aggressive glitch zeds.

• Like 4

Great now I can't kill zombies with normal weapons in .55.  They punch like Tyson before I can even get one swing in.    I'm hiding in a shed now fearing for my life.

You can kill them easily. Small hatchet for example allowed zombie hit me once and then I staggered him with every hit and he died with 6 hits. Don't be afraid to take couple hits on yourself, you don't die from one or two or three hits in this game...

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

Doesn't the running around them in circles work anymore?

You can kill them easily. Small hatchet for example allowed zombie hit me once and then I staggered him with every hit and he died with 6 hits

Does that mean weapon speed is actually important now? If so, I might dust off my own hatchet...

5 hits from fire axe, or 2 m4 shots to kill 1 zombue. Haha it's so funny being chased by mike tyson and usain bolt in 1

• Like 1

Lol sort of.. if you're lucky... like mentioned above the invisible tentacles seem to get you.

Telling someone to find a new game is not very constructive....

It's more constructive than whining about something that the devs already know and are working on.

• Like 2

Nope. Once they are next to you they hit you until you run away or they die. Was unable to avoid hits properly.

• Like 2

I think I've figured out this patch:

1. find a bag with your first character, and stash it somewhere before you starve to death.

2. with your next 5 or 6 characters, just collect food and water (don't feed them) and take it to the bag before you starve to death.

3. THEN you go get the bag with your next character, and he has enough food to get inland where the food is.  maybe.

• Like 2

No, they no longer have a turn rate, they just phase over to facing you whenever their punching animation cycles.

I played quite a bit on experimental and had NO problem with zombies.  You guys that are crying are probably the ones that get KOS'D and cry.  Go into a town like it's full of hostile players, do a little recon, plan your path and you'll have no problem.  You don't have to engage them, they can be out ran and LOS'D easily take advantage of the cover and they're nothing but a thing.

• Like 8

Naked Vybor spawns are back! Just had a big punch-up with four others on the bridge. I lost :(

Naked Vybor spawns are back! Just had a big punch-up with four others on the bridge. I lost :(

I spawned naked in Vybor last update too.

Worse fps, silent glitchy zombies that will fuck you up once in range. Why they pushed this to stable in current state i have noe idea of.

Edited by aasand
  • Like 4

People who never played mod will have hard time adapting to new zombies.

I want hard zombies, and more of them. Fresh spawn killed by zeds? Is that forbidden??

PvP ruined by zeds?? Be real man and kill player AND fight off zombies at same time!!

Ofcourse they don't work as they should right now, but that's why we have updates every month. I play Sa from day one, and I remember all the stupid things we complained and no one mentions that any more.

• Like 8

I think I've figured out this patch:

1. find a bag with your first character, and stash it somewhere before you starve to death.

2. with your next 5 or 6 characters, just collect food and water (don't feed them) and take it to the bag before you starve to death.

3. THEN you go get the bag with your next character, and he has enough food to get inland where the food is.  maybe.

Or start using other mechanics - horticulture, hunting, trapping, scavenging (apples/berries), etc.

There was too much emphasis on non-perishable loot foods before, now it's time to grow and adapt.

• Like 3

Ok so I logged into the game. And my shit was missing. Ok I can regear. No big problem. So I run from where my camp sight use to be to town and I hit 10 houses and I get jack. FIrst zombie I encounter damages my nice camo top I found in a house. Ok so I am bleeding. I run to the hospitol and find a UN hat. Really?  Fine I run to a firestation to get something to deal with these over powered zombies (And no it's not the point). The game is suppose to be scarey but more so for the players to me. Just like most Zombie movies/Books it's the numbers of them that is the deciding factor (and I know this game could not handle that many zeds). So I went from looting places and getting the things I needed (usually, I have had trouble finding matchsa or flares for fires in the past and watched a geared out dude die to bullshit) to wondering around  empty towns being beaten to death by ninja zombies you do not hear, wishing I had a weapon, and thinking "Why did I buy this?"  I use to love it and the morons that be are doing things that ruin the game while missing the problems they should be fixing and not putting in the content they should be, like base building. Something where you can create. Build up. We have 10 peeps in our group and we had 5 military tents and 10 smaller tents and a huge little tent city in the woods. We had made the leather gear. And the bows. Were growing our own food and raiding towns for supplies and fun. You know fun. What were these gimps thinking? Why can they not make it better and stop breaking things not broke.   I said it to people on the play test servers, this will not work. Its's not fun.

Edited by DeputyRick