boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

People who never played mod will have hard time adapting to new zombies.

I want hard zombies, and more of them. Fresh spawn killed by zeds? Is that forbidden??

PvP ruined by zeds?? Be real man and kill player AND fight off zombies at same time!!

Ofcourse they don't work as they should right now, but that's why we have updates every month. I play Sa from day one, and I remember all the stupid things we complained and no one mentions that any more.

Well at least in the mod suppressors worked against zombies...

Ok so I logged into the game. And my shit was missing. Ok I can regear. No big problem. So I run from where my camp sight use to be to town and I hit 10 houses and I get jack. FIrst zombie I encounter damages my nice camo top I found in a house. Ok so I am bleeding. I run to the hospitol and find a UN hat. Really?  Fine I run to a firestation to get something to deal with these over powered zombies (And no it's not the point). The game is suppose to be scarey but more so for the players to me. Just like most Zombie movies/Books it's the numbers of them that is the deciding factor (and I know this game could not handle that many zeds). So I went from looting places and getting the things I needed (usually, I have had trouble finding matchsa or flares for fires in the past and watched a geared out dude die to bullshit) to wondering around  empty towns being beaten to death by ninja zombies you do not hear wishing I had a weapon and thinking "Why did I buy this?"  I use to love it and the morons that be are doing things that ruin the game while missing the problems they should be fixing and not putting in the content they should be, like base building. Something where you can create. Build up. We have 10 peeps in our group and we had 5 military tents and 10 smaller tents and a huge little tent city in the woods. We had made the leather gear. And the bows. Were growing our own food and raiding towns for supplies and fun. What were these gimps think? Why can they not make it better and stop breaking things not broke.

Alpha Testing

• Like 3

see you guys in the next patch, im pissed.

Glad to see someone who knows when to walk away instead of raging :) Seriously, I commend you for your demeanor.

• Like 4

Anybody consider that this might be an April Fool's day patch? It might not be, but it might explain a few things.

Ok so I logged into the game. And my shit was missing. Ok I can regear. No big problem. So I run from where my camp sight use to be to town and I hit 10 houses and I get jack. FIrst zombie I encounter damages my nice camo top I found in a house. Ok so I am bleeding. I run to the hospitol and find a UN hat. Really? Fine I run to a firestation to get something to deal with these over powered zombies (And no it's not the point). The game is suppose to be scarey but more so for the players to me. Just like most Zombie movies/Books it's the numbers of them that is the deciding factor (and I know this game could not handle that many zeds). So I went from looting places and getting the things I needed (usually, I have had trouble finding matchsa or flares for fires in the past and watched a geared out dude die to bullshit) to wondering around empty towns being beaten to death by ninja zombies you do not hear wishing I had a weapon and thinking "Why did I buy this?" I use to love it and the morons that be are doing things that ruin the game while missing the problems they should be fixing and not putting in the content they should be, like base building. Something where you can create. Build up. We have 10 peeps in our group and we had 5 military tents and 10 smaller tents and a huge little tent city in the woods. We had made the leather gear. And the bows. Were growing our own food and raiding towns for supplies and fun. What were these gimps think? Why can they not make it better and stop breaking things not broke.

In order for things to improve they , ummm how do I say this , have to IMPROVE lol , if you like the zombies that we had before then you're the only one ... We need harder zombies and that's what this is about .

Yes there will be Desync, lag , and rubber banding because of the new systems but this is just one of many iterations to the Zombies and their ai so we need to learn how to adapt until they become less glitchy , which is happening every month little by little ... The zombies have a very advanced job to do because this game is so open ended , the characters movement speed is going to change soon so I'm guessing when they nerf our run speed the zombies will slow down as well ..

After a few more months of optimizing the servers, engine , and client side you will see far less "invisible zombies" or teleporting or "invisible tentacle" zombies as the servers will be far more stable . So in a nutshell the answer you're looking for is, this game is still in alpha and needs to develop itself in such a manner , as opposed to adding end game content like base building that will only need to be redone If the Devs work on it too quickly in the game development process as many many things are linked to each other in game developing .. Give it time , but if you can't deal with the new glitches or lag/Desync of the zombies, then the only thing to do is log as many bug trackers on these issues as possible and take a break from the game .

• Like 4

Alpha Testing

Well, i'll pass this one. The flaws are so obvious and this was very clear in the exp. Finaly i have a small vacation and they give me this broken patch to fiddle with. Feels more like a chore so i'll do other things.

Or start using other mechanics - horticulture, hunting, trapping, scavenging (apples/berries), etc.

There was too much emphasis on non-perishable loot foods before, now it's time to grow and adapt.

true.  yeah I actually forgot about berries and apples.

and fyi, coke cans spawn in barns and around the blue trailers.

We need harder zombies and that's what this is about .

Yes there will be Desync, lag , and rubber banding because of the new systems but this is just one of many iterations to the Zombies and their ai so we need to learn how to adapt until they become less glitchy.

After a few more months of optimizing the servers, engine , and client side you will see far less "invisible zombies" or teleporting or "invisible tentacle" zombies as the servers will be far more stable .

Yes, we do need harder zombies, but at this stage? When we have big issues with glitchy zombies and performance issues? At least keep it at exp. until very obvious things is ironed out.

Edited by aasand

For goodness sake I don't understand why people keep complaining about the game being broken. Loot is broken, zombies are broken, etc...People understand that it's Alpha the game is currently in development. The systems you see now are just initial implementations for us to test. Essentially they have released these unfinished systems because they want to test the foundation of each system. Once satisfied with the foundation of each system they can continue to add on, improve and debug the systems. We bought in for early access testing, not to play a functioning game. Please do report bugs and issues. But stop complaining and whining. I actually like to read good clear posts rather than whining posts. Thank you.

• Like 4

It's more constructive than whining about something that the devs already know and are working on.

I think you just expected "whining" and wanted to troll,  otherwise you would've have stated that in your original post.   I was seeking input regarding the latest patch but you just wanted to tell me that I sucked at this game and to find something else to do.

helpful observations on the zombies:

yeah, they have invisible tentacles now and there's no sound now when they aggro.  BUT I noticed they get winded and lose interest fairly quickly.  if you're trying to get into a building, make them chase you away from it, and sprint back once they're winded.  they also don't detect you as easy.  I've run right past some (behind them) and they didn't react at all.

• Like 3

Logged in to find my drum mag had vanished from my akm.  Bah.

Found my first tent, pitched it, it vanished. (Fix being worked on right now...)

Zeds are much harder to kill now.  They also seem to be almost completely silent, which i'm not sure is a positive thing.  Despite how stealthy you can be, you will still turn a corner to find a silent zed standing there waiting to ruin your stuff with it's new invisible tentacle arms....

yeah, they have invisible tentacles now and there's no sound now when they aggro.  BUT I noticed they get winded and lose interest fairly quickly.  if you're trying to get into a building, make them chase you away from it, and sprint back once they're winded.  they also don't detect you as easy.  I've run right past some (behind them) and they didn't react at all.

Good to know... I guess being used to the old ones you never know what they'll do.  I'll jump back in shortly and see if I can get around them. 

Yes, we do need harder zombies, but at this stage? When we have big issues with glitchy zombies and performance issues?

Well they all need work , and when you're dealing with a big crowd of testers it makes much more sense to do little bits of everything all at once so the game can wrap up nicely at the end instead of making one system fully only to have to deconstruct it later because it has major issues connecting with other systems that are just starting to be created .

It's like building a sky scraper , you don't build half of the building upwards only to complete the other half after , it would be unbalanced . Instead you build the entire base of the building upwards all at the same time . Just like a building , some parts of the game are still unstable but the other parts that have been slowly being worked on will eventually strengthen that unstable part(and eventually will become stable altogether) although right now the unstable part and stable part are still having a tough time fitting together it would be almost impossible to fit the pieces together after if you built one half first and then the other and tried to merge the two .

Anybody consider that this might be an April Fool's day patch? It might not be, but it might explain a few things.

I would not be surprised to be honest.

• Like 1

For goodness sake I don't understand why people keep complaining about the game being broken. Loot is broken, zombies are broken, etc...People understand that it's Alpha the game is currently in development. The systems you see now are just initial implementations for us to test. Essentially they have released these unfinished systems because they want to test the foundation of each system. Once satisfied with the foundation of each system they can continue to add on, improve and debug the systems. We bought in for early access testing, not to play a functioning game. Please do report bugs and issues. But stop complaining and whining. I actually like to read good clear posts rather than whining posts. Thank you.

dayz never worked as it should, without bugs, glitchs, desync and cheaters! It they ever make it finished and without all that I wont recognise this game.

Well, there are definitely some things off about this recent build. The zombies are a lot tougher, as they should be, but hitting you 3-4 times in one second may be a bit much :P

My main complaint is loot distribution, though. Whereas previously you would have things spawn where you would expect them the most (i.e. medical supplies in hospitals, military clothing at bases, etc.), it seems that stuff can and will spawn all over the place. To give you an idea, this is what my character looks like after 20 minutes in Kamyshovo:

10620446_10206399046678007_2749730998385

The stuff was in weird places, too. I found the mountain backpack on a stove, the flare gun in an outhouse, and the helmet in a small shed.

I'm about the farthest thing from a troll, and all 1900+ of my posts on this forum will attest to that.

This argument is invalid though. I was accused of being a troll too, my "argument" was the same as you, and I was corrected that number of posts didn't matter, at all...   :lol:

But that said, I'm with you 100%. It's  just a fair warning before Boneboys come in slaps your hand.  ;)

On topic, I'm glad to see people cry because they die from the infected, which should happen!  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Yes, a change in tactics is a must for the newer infected. Try to corral some into a house and then close the door(s). There is a 90% chance they will stay locked in there. Leave them for someone else to deal with while you loot the town. Get into trouble from an aggressor, lure them to your infected house. 

This argument is invalid though. I was accused of being a troll too, my "argument" was the same as you, and I was corrected that number of posts didn't matter, at all...   :lol:

But that said, I'm with you 100%. It's  just a fair warning before Boneboys come in slaps your hand.  ;)

On topic, I'm glad to see people cry because they die from the infected, which should happen!  :thumbsup:

You're right. I'll refrain from engaging with the idiots and behave myself  :blush:

Back on topic: I am quite relishing this negative reaction. We all knew it was coming, and it just proves that they did the right thing by making them more difficult as planned.

• Like 4