boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

whow zombies really are messed up now. Intentional?

Excluding some tweaks here and there, yes. And this is before their numbers rise dramatically, too.

Firewood disapears from the ground under 10s...

/Hmm this might depend on the server. I thought persistence was forced now but maybe in non-persistence those are disappearing quickly from the ground?

Edited by St. Jimmy

Excluding some tweaks here and there, yes. And this is before their numbers rise dramatically, too.

*futurepantswetting* :o

There's been a stated purpose by the devs to end the reliance on looted pre-war goods. This means that even guys with can openers, automatic rifles and medkits are going to occasionally find themselves forced to hunt, scrounge and improvise. It will also make the future of persistence, inclusion of acquired soft skills, base building and a general reduction in PVP more necessary.  Rareness of loot by itself won't increase PVP because these days it seems most everything on a corpse is ruined with just one or two shots. Banditry will likely increase, but I see that as a necessary tenant of the game, whether you choose to partake or not.

I've read through the posts but i'm not getting a clear picture on the numbers of infected. Are we talking about double? triple? the number of zeds? 

You're right. I'll refrain from engaging with the idiots and behave myself  :blush:

Back on topic: I am quite relishing this negative reaction. We all knew it was coming, and it just proves that they did the right thing by making them more difficult as planned.

Pat yourself on the back....   

Now that I've read a positive statement regarding the fact you can sneak behind them I gave it another go and have had great luck and in fact they new Zeds are growing on me.   Don't get all high and mighty on your high post count.  You would think with all that "experience" you would offer insight rather than insult.    Granted I'll look before I leap next time.  I did not realize the smarts also added to the Zeds at first... all I knew is I logged off yesterday in a sleepy .54 release to come back to getting an immediate laggy ass kicking in .55.  

I've read through the posts but i'm not getting a clear picture on the numbers of infected. Are we talking about double? triple? the number of zeds? 

They are up to 1100 per map now, whereas previously they were somewhere around 300 or 400 I think? BUT!... and this is a bug but: they are way spread out. They added like a dozen new areas of the map where they spawn now, and many of those new spots are in the north where they've added towns in the last few patches.

Pat yourself on the back....   

Now that I've read a positive statement regarding the fact you can sneak behind them I gave it another go and have had great luck and in fact they new Zeds are growing on me.   Don't get all high and mighty on your high post count.  You would think with all that "experience" you would offer insight rather than insult.    Granted I'll look before I leap next time.  I did not realize the smarts also added to the Zeds at first... all I knew is I logged off yesterday in a sleepy .54 release to come back to getting an immediate laggy ass kicking in .55.  

You're right. I am by far the least-helpful and least-informed person on this forum  :rolleyes: Excuse me while I get back to polishing my velvet-lined golden throne.

• Like 1

Alrighty... had my first sneak attack encounter from a zed. I must admit... at least until they fix the fact that you can't hear them, the mile a minute blows should be reduced. That I'll agree with. I had a zombie come at me from behind from... who knows where and before I could even react, I'd been hit several times in about a second. This is one instance where I concede that a bug with the zeds should be addressed before the zed attack speed is buffed. This is a fair point.

• Like 1

On second thought, I take that back. As I was typing my last post in the Steam overlay, I heard a zombie groan and immediately tabbed back and was terrified wondering where it was. So... there ya go. Tension is back in. I actually fear the zombies now. And not just a horde, but... one... my heart is racing over one zombie somewhere among the trees.

Edited by entspeak

have you guys found any weapons after update?

Found an akm and a 30rnd mag in a prison today. Been about all so far.

In addition corpses seem to disappear very quick, somewhat below 10mins now. We had a gunfight at zelenogorsk military base with a bunch of people and after we cleared the last one, 4 corpses were gone already. The whole fight didn't take more than 15mins max.

Are drum mags vanishing?

The real question is are they vanishing or are they just non-existent? 

have you guys found any weapons after update?

:rolleyes:  Have I found any weapons? Well not too many, but all in one police station :huh:

8BSX6oJ.jpg

That mp5k with 2 mags is in my hands by the way, whats on my back is an mp-133 shotgun, so in total including the machete and flare gun, that's 7 weapons...Five of which found in the police station of ... somewhere outside novy / stary (i'll never tell  :D ) but my gut tells me there are more caches of this loot somewhere else on the map... The fact of the matter is though i kind of loved seeing this in the police station (my first time ever finding or seeing one too, so i was ecstatic!) : 

Pk64DJR.jpg

A pm-73 RAK if anyone can't see! I really believe we SHOULD be able to find these types of weapons in police stations, not on the coast or in any spawn area of course but there's no way that all the police stations in all of chernarus would be bone dry of weapons. Especially just months after the apocalypse happened (i estimate months by the lores' description stating "not long after the outbreak" or something like that but even so , some would stay untouched for years depending on the severity of the outbreak). Maybe it could be a special case type thing where as it's very rare and mostly in the west, where you find a police station with an AK or an MP5 (i know cops wont deal with ak's but in the apocalypse nothing has a "home" so theres a significant chance that somewhere theres a police station packing heat. Just think Resident Evil 2 and the awesome locker with a grenade launcher inside !)  ;).

Lastly i noticed that the fields are really "colorful" now, mostly a combo of an aloe-like plant that seems to glow white (at least on my screen lol) although this could have been added a while ago and maybe i missed it... Here you can see the difference, the right is our regular green grass and the left is the "aloe-like grass" ... Someone help me out harr..

VM36jO3.jpg

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 3

Game is unplayable ive been playing a bit more lately and it was smooth till i updated and now it freezes ever 5 seconds and stops i can move then it freezes

SPecs:

CPU Intel i7 4790k

Ram 16 gigs 1866

GPU: radeon r9 280 and a gtx 670 (670 is oced too 1400mhz and beats the 960) 

Temps: 

CPU:37 Clecius

GPU 49 celcius

why buff zombies when they are bugged as fk t.t

This is a valid opinion. But, it's not my opinion. Mostly because there is atleast some options to deal with them, crouching, hiding, closing doors. Losing a group can also be done, by jumping fence and looking for a open door.

They also move now, making spotting them easier, if you take your time. ThAts the catch, take your time and slow down.

• Like 4

To those complaining about the zombie speed and strength:

Forum old-timers will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the Infected in DayZ are NOT zombies (reanimated dead) per se, but, rather, living breathing humans with some form of rage virus (28 Days Later-style). This is why it's possible to kill them with body hits / shots without necessarily damaging the brain, and the severed limbs don't creep around on their own.

This begs the question - have you seen anyone in the aforementioned movie(s) able to handle more than one at a time? Or try to Rambo a six-pack of them? Anyone who more than two of them ganged up on was as good as dead, so the only option is to run away or be sneaky and avoid detection in the first place.

I don't know how close to that the DayZ Infected are envisioned, but given that they sprint, leap, will hopefully have normal human eyesight, keen hearing and olfactory senses, even one should be extremely deadly.

Now, the intermittent issues we are facing now - rubberbanding, desync, 'invisible tentacles', glitching through walls and doors, silent aggro, no footstep sounds - will eventually go away, this is only the first iteration of the new zeds. The restrictive, debilitatingly horrifying difficulty, I hope, will not.

Be patient and remember that you bought early access to this game to participate in development and affect it, not to try playing it like it was a completed game and complain every time it doesn't feel like one.  <_<

• Like 9

a few things about the new infected. 

its ok, that they are stronger now, but why do i have to hit an infected soooo many times with an axe if i can kill a player with 1-3 hits? It is "unrealistic". Or are the infected now superhumans?

Then they make no sound sometimes,  they hit you several times in one second, often without an animation. In a melee fight they are moving weird and teleport sometimes.  

Why did they make zombies so OP now?!?! + added more of em?? Mate of mine said its 7 axe hits to kill a damn zombie. And 1 shot to the head with an M4 won't kill em??

First off.

Played nearly 100 hrs so far and doing ok

1)  i like the new cross hairs and prompts, they are pretty good

Rating 7

2) Loot ( i like to call it " supplies" ) seems to be bugger all around compared to the same area the day before. For example, the NWAF has "nothing" yep Nothing worth even going there for unless you want copious amount of old toe jam boots and jackets. Seem to be a huge amount less in all areas i frequent. God help when we re spawn new if this isnt just a glitch in the new update.

Rating 3

3) ZOMBIES. Um wow those things are tough but i really like them, you have to plan how you move around them. Problem with them is they are silent both in steps and that insane voice they have as they sprint to you, but easy enough to dispatch. Plus you can get closer to them and the darn things walk around, now that's cool :thumbsup:

Rating 5

I agree that base building should have been played with a touch, lets face it, this has been done before in the Mod versions so its not ground breaking, no point reinventing the wheel when it works well already.

Zombies could have waited really .

Don't forget to note that your game is broken now....

People still don't know what an Alpha is? Oh dear.

And here's me thinking I can survive far North in the wilderness on my own, OMFG, you've only gone and put Z's up there with me... :)

Good job I got my two tent's and 3 rifles with me..

Good job Devs, loving it... :)

Edited by PILLPOPPER
  • Like 2

Whaaaat???

Can anyone else confirm this?

I guess it's time to hit some night only servers then.

I had no issues with tents, I placed it to see what's what and packed it up again.  Even went inside it and looked at but did not place anything in the inventory.

Also, finding things in unusual places.  AK74, short MP-133 & a stun grenade at a BMP wreck on NEAF, 2x M65 Field Jackets at the civilian barracks compound North of NEAF, a fragmentation grenade in a UAZ near the above named BMP, a Fire Fighters Jacket, a leather riding jacket AND a sword all in the SAME house.  Very strange, looks like you never know what you're gonna find and where you are going to find it.

Zeds aren't as bad as the last iteration of .55 but still, whatever you have on as a shirt is very likely to get ruined pretty quick.  Sword takes 6-7 hits to take down a zed BTW.

Edited by Barnabus

Reading some of the posts by the other testers here makes my head hurt.... but ok!

I'm playing on a higher than usual ping 1PP server (just under 100ms) because most US Public servers weren't up yet when I joined and I do see some lagged animation with the infected but not a huge amount. If you are in a region where you can find a server with LOW PING you should try interacting with infected there, it's usually a much better impression of what's being worked towards. I actually feel like they slowed them down a little from the last Exp build but I could be imagining that.

Staggering works pretty well and is a great way to get the upper hand on a single infected.

I was near Green Mountain when I spawned so I thought I would swing through.

The place was looted but the the infected hermits still held down the fort when I got there.

Hermits of Green Mountain.

GZbRNCv.jpg

5KC9Nhx.jpg

XnKxMER.jpg

Moving mostly North from there, seeking a concentration of infected to kill, I came upon a charming rural town that at first glance looked to only have a couple infected (have no binos/scope at the moment).

Killing one with my revolver drew the interest of a small horde of 5 or more infected that were scattered around me.

At first I thought I drew one or 2 and then before I knew it I was getting bashed from all sides as I emptied my Magnum.

I ran as I bled and was able to close them out of the building successfully.

My vision was very gray as I bandaged.

I decided to wait it out and eat and heal while the infected left out side lost aggro (felt like less than a minute to lose aggro).

They growled and near the beginning it sounded like one hit another one a single time.

I sit and wait for the "healing" prompt.

It takes a long long time to come up but eventually it does and takes a good long time after that to be fully healed.

I stand and check the windows to see where the infected had gone off to and to my surprise, instead of infected, I find a V3S!

Fc6HW9p.jpg

Driving to the next town down the road, I pull over to check a few houses and notice that my truck drew the infected to it.

I hopped out before the infected got to me and they piled into the flatbed as I watched from a bush.

xusfX7s.jpg

I picked them off with my Mosin, checked the adjoining houses and drove off again.

I then proceeded to stash my truck in what I hope is a good spot for later.

In the process I was able to kill an infected when it ran up on the truck.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 8