eugenharton

0.54 Issues

Did you clear your DayZ AppData of BE ?

I assume you have read through this...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220992-experimental-branch-054-discussion/page-21?p=2228570#entry2228570

the report explains it. deleted whole content of my appdata-DayZ folder, tried to verify game integrity...up to now to no avail

also this one is quite obvious atm:

0022530: consuming food/drinks directly from vicinity window is bugged

you can't consume anything while with something in your hands. the item in your hands gets deselected, but the consumable only shortly appears in your hands and then transitions back to the vicinity window.

also

0022532: loot is underneath the floor of the elongated green building

occasionally you can find loot next to the stove and in the back of the room at the chair. problem is, it's only visible via vicinity window and can't be seen directly ingame. (small green building)

Edited by joe_mcentire

Everyone I know, if they play long enough (more then an hour in some cases) will fail on that random memory error or just crash to desktop. All start-up parameters clear, just posting to say I'd be very surprised to find these crashes are isolated occurrences.

Just s thought on the memory crashes.. I used to get this on a few games and someone off the darkest hour 44-45 server I play on suggested I get use a program called large address aware and I never get this issue anymore? May be worth a try..

an issue I've been running into in the last two patches.. is my antivirus blocking dayz when the update comes out.. (firewall) crashing the game in serverlist) 
never done that before though.. so devs.. question what did you guys change in the setup that my antivirus now blocks dayz AFTER it gets updated... when I re-add a new version of dayz to my firewall it works without a problem.. so..

its a dayz error thats causing the issues..

also this one is quite obvious atm:

0022530: consuming food/drinks directly from vicinity window is bugged

you can't consume anything while with something in your hands. the item in your hands gets deselected, but the consumable only shortly appears in your hands and then transitions back to the vicinity window.

"We have checked this thoroughly and unfortunately we could not reproduce the issue, this was most likely caused by the various desync issues we are aware of and working on fixing them."

From my experience, desync issues are far more "arbitrary" and coincidental, or related to higher ping (at least were in the past). 

However this bug is currently happening accross all "platforms": on exp. and stable, no matter which server, no matter how high or low the ping, this is currently (on my end) a 100% deterministic, reproducible bug and it's happening every time(!).

"just" desync, i really don't know, it just doesn't look to me like that...
Edited by joe_mcentire

Everything is shaking - I am energized, hydrated, yet when I look through the binos or the scope (I have an SKS only) it seems as if I am shaking at a thousand beats a minute. I have had this before and thought it might have been some after-effect from being cold and sick. However, this time everything is dandy and it sill does this very nervous shake. It's also not from running/exhaustion, as it happens all the time and whenever I go scoped. 

I did take painkillers the other time, but I wonder if the game would tell me anything, if I had to use them now?! I'll try and get back if that helped.

>>EDIT: no change after taking painkillers. it's a constant shake, but I am not cold, wet. etc. 

Edited by S3V3N

Everything is shaking - I am energized, hydrated, yet when I look through the binos or the scope (I have an SKS only) it seems as if I am shaking at a thousand beats a minute. I have had this before and thought it might have been some after-effect from being cold and sick. However, this time everything is dandy and it sill does this very nervous shake. It's also not from running/exhaustion, as it happens all the time and whenever I go scoped. 

I did take painkillers the other time, but I wonder if the game would tell me anything, if I had to use them now?! I'll try and get back if that helped.

>>EDIT: no change after taking painkillers. it's a constant shake, but I am not cold, wet. etc. 

Light a fire and sit near it for a bit. The temp display is likely bugged and you are actually cold. This resolves the problem nearly every time.

Die and respawn again, spended about 1 hour near campfire - nothing, same as morphine..

Fix tents and cars as it is on dayzmod (vanilla) 1.5 YEARS DOING NEW T-shirts and shit, this game has almost nothing to playfor and spend time in it, except checking out for new stuff, and after its done - offline for weeks. Does it really costs 30 bucks ? You even cant manage to implement hunting as it should be, but it was promised in january 2014. LoL.

Hi i dont know if this is exclusive to .54 but no matter what item i mouse over in inventory (bullets, matches, rags, sticks) it says "0 remaining". Couple that with the super tiny number thats on the rag or bullet when not moused over, makes for a tough time to know how many of each item you have.

First time I've ever had the "Authentication Timeout" issue on a persistent server. The server froze, and then several minutes later restarted and was back up. I could only play for about 30 seconds before it kicked me out to the menu and stated "Authentication Timeout". Not sure if that's .54 related but it was new to me :( 

zombies still appear through walls and aggro from miles away lol dunno if that was something being worked on for zombie AI.

whats the deal with servers not showing up? anyone? is there something I can do or is this a wait till the next update kind of thing?

When I logged into a server I had lost all attachments to all weapons I was carrying, as well as attachments that were lying in backpack.

This happened yesterday, so it was NOT due to the attachment/att-file thing when 0.54 first was applied.

When I logged into a server I had lost all attachments to all weapons I was carrying, as well as attachments that were lying in backpack.

This happened yesterday, so it was NOT due to the attachment/att-file thing when 0.54 first was applied.

But was it your first time logging with that character after the update?

But was it your first time logging with that character after the update?

No. I've logged in dozens of times. This just "happened". What I mean is that I've PLAYED with the attachments during the past days without any problems, and then they suddenly disappeared.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

I'd really like to see the game have better FPS and textures to be honest, instead of adding in more stuff which will make the game have even more FPS drop why not just work on the graphics and fix the FPS issues instead of adding more into the game?? 

Edited by TheFatLegend

I'd really like to see the game have better FPS and textures to be honest, instead of adding in more stuff which will make the game have even more FPS drop why not just work on the graphics and fix the FPS issues instead of adding more into the game?? 

I do not believe that they are mutually exclusive. The game engine is being completely overhauled. A more modern API will be used (probably DX11). No optimizations have been implemented. Only rudimentry culling has been implemented. There are a lot of duplicated services (see http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222231-exp-update-055126884-discussion/?p=2232648).

When these and other issues have been resolved, FPS will improve, despite the use of higher rez textures and additional objects.

I still experience the vanishing of my clothes sometimes. I changed my pants for a pristine pair in the airfield tower and my old pants were nowhere to be found. Idk if the assets glitch into walls. I usually empty my clothes before changing them anyway, but if it is only a small problem, it should be fixed. 

Also, I can cook meat alright, but the fish is bugged for me. It always stays raw and doesn't show a heat change when in the pot, on the fire. I'm puzzled by that, because I remember cooking fish in the earlier update and it worked well. Cooking seems a bit bugged now anyway, as sometimes I only see the state of a piece of meat when I take it out of the pot. However, I guess that's one of the things to be fixed with the 0.55 update.

I  managed to crawl close (bow range) to a cow, but it was extremely painful and took forever - then I missed, but that is another story. What you have to do basicaly, is crawl while the cow is eating and stop while it's looking around - one misake and the cow goes on a Berezino - Zelenogorsk marathon. I'm not sure, but the deer seem even more cautius, I haven't been able to get anywhere close enough - though I spotted them with binoculars.

I actually do not have much of a problem with the exteme sensitivity of the animals (with possible exception oif the cows), the main problem I see is that you basically can't find an animal without a scope / binoculars, becasue the animal simply runs away when you're close enough to see it with normal game view. That makes spotting animals in forrests impossible, only fields with a bit covex shape are places where you can spot them - agian with binoculars.

Another thing on hunting: it is actually simple to get to an animal by rolling to it, which is kind of an exploit. Still, the problem is spotting them - I only manage to get the in known hunting areas such as  Berezino or east of Mogilevka.

• Like 1

"We have checked this thoroughly and unfortunately we could not reproduce the issue, this was most likely caused by the various desync issues we are aware of and working on fixing them."

From my experience, desync issues are far more "arbitrary" and coincidental, or related to higher ping (at least were in the past). 

However this bug is currently happening accross all "platforms": on exp. and stable, no matter which server, no matter how high or low the ping, this is currently (on my end) a 100% deterministic, reproducible bug and it's happening every time(!).

"just" desync, i really don't know, it just doesn't look to me like that...

I'm finding this entirely reproduceable. Happens every time I have something in my hands (usually my M4). Have to cancel action and then do it again.

Definitely not desync.

I'm finding this entirely reproduceable. Happens every time I have something in my hands (usually my M4). Have to cancel action and then do it again.

Definitely not desync.

still? what do you play currently? stable or exp?

Stable. Has been happening all day on lots of different servers. I seem to remember it happening before in 0.54 occasionally, but now seems constant.