eugenharton

0.54 Issues

Eugene, I'm getting this error when I try to use the -dologs launch option. As soon as I try to join a server with logs activated, it crashes to desktop with this message.

If I remove -dologs, I can play just fine - except the memory crashes once every ~30 minutes.

fHYk2EV.jpg

Any ideas?

I understand its Alpha but ...

nope, you dont.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

nope, you dont.

Ok if you say so. Since i work in an industry dealing with software which goes in and out of Alpha stages. Yep I don't understand.

Blacklabel

I guess you are new to the game. Bohemia have used restore before when an update got haywire. It looks like this time is the right time to use the restore function again as soon as possible with all the problems this patch contains

Edited by Remmerboy
  • Like 3

i seem to have a problem attaching found attachments to weapons. such as: bipod on mosin, ak barrel on an ak. that is so far what ive encountered aside from losing my mosin scopes.

i seem to have a problem attaching found attachments to weapons. such as: bipod on mosin, ak barrel on an ak. that is so far what ive encountered aside from losing my mosin scopes.

Bipod on mosin was removed long ago, and what Ak? Because akm isnt compatible with silencers.

I dont understavd why you released 0,54 to stable when too many people had and have this issue. I payed for this game and now i cant play it :/

They didn't know that the patch had these problems until they released it to the public. I think they are pushing the current engine til it's very limits, so that's probably why problems always ocurre when they release a new patch

Blacklabel

I guess you are new to the game. Bohemia have used restore before when an update got haywire. It looks like this time is the right time to use the restore function again as soon as possible with all the problems this patch contains

oh honeyboo-boo, you are trying a cute way of insulting...adorable !

iam nearing 1000 hours so...you must know alot about "restore Buttons" i suppose.  Anyways....you can do a gazzillion otzher things until this is fixed....

I for one are Patient enough to see this through and Play later. Shit happens Buddy...cheer up :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

They didn't know that the patch had these problems until they released it to the public. I think they are pushing the current engine til it's very limits, so that's probably why problems always ocurre when they release a new patch

They had to know... People reported this problem and me even tweeted this into eugens posts...This problem started in first release of 0,54 experimental patch.

Edited by coromoro

If they rollback the update they will need to rollback characters aswell.

I wouldn't be opposed to rolling back to where we were(.53 downtime I assume would be the spot).....dev team is awesome and havea ton of new data to to address/fix adjust coding and re roll .54 when they agree upon themselves its ready...unless they can hotfix these issues people are coming up with...

• Like 1

Rolling back now would be more painful than simply grinning and bearing it, and awaiting a hotfix.

Have some patience, for fucks sake.

• Like 3

Rolling back now would be more painful than simply grinning and bearing it, and awaiting a hotfix.

Have some patience, for fucks sake.

Agreed. I'm being affected by this update a lot more than my friends are, but even I'm willing to see this through to a fix rather than rolling back.

I'm sorry i crashed 11 times in 2 hours yesterday and died twice lost high grade gear everytime. Now the fact im crashing doesn't bother me im not complaining about that because lets be honest you just greet it with an "ALPHA" response and don't give a fuck. What im really pissed off at is the fact you claim that not one of you're 40 test machines experienced crashes because that's just bullshit especially when 1000's of people on steam forums seem to all be experiencing crashes that you claim to be "isolated" incidents yet the builds pushed to stable anyway.

please fix the private chars...ive spent soo fucking long gearing my chars im so depressed over this...fuck man

I'm sorry i crashed 11 times in 2 hours yesterday and died twice lost high grade gear everytime. Now the fact im crashing doesn't bother me im not complaining about that because lets be honest you just greet it with an "ALPHA" response and don't give a fuck. What im really pissed off at is the fact you claim that not one of you're 40 test machines experienced crashes because that's just bullshit especially when 1000's of people on steam forums seem to all be experiencing crashes that you claim to be "isolated" incidents yet the builds pushed to stable anyway.

40 test machines really isn't that many compared to the 3,000,000+ copies of the game they've sold. I guess the scale of that is lost on you. I played with two friends last night for about 3 hours and they never crashed or lost anything even once, yet I crashed probably 5 or 6 times in the same period of time (losing my character twice) and I have a much beefier PC than either of them. Things happen, and you can't catch everything on a small test group of machines.

please fix the private chars...ive spent soo fucking long gearing my chars im so depressed over this...fuck man

Welcome to DayZ. Would you like a tissue for your tears?

• Like 4

Never get attached to your gear. Especially when you have a big ass red disclaimer every time you start the game stating that it's an alpha.

FYI I have an almost 3 month old character on a private hive with full ghillie sniper setup and lost everything for my AKS-74u as well as my Mosin.

And I'm just sitting here hoping I will get those back, not flaming on the forums ;)

Oh first world problems, wow people going nuts over this patch.  Yep it broke some shit. How about waiting it out since its only been less then 1 day and see what they figure out.  Worst case we wait till Wed again to either get another update or they roll back. I had planed on playing last night but decided with all the crash reports and other issues I would hold off.  You know spend time with my family, catch up on The Walking Dead.  It will happen, they have 40 test machines probably all decked out with the same or similar hardware, we are 3 million + with all kinds of different setups, we are going to have problems, it is part of the development of the game that is in ALPHA, hell this game still runs better then some that are in retail.

Edited by snipe05

Crashes + V3S are causing a lot of troubles, we´re all crashing and then dying when truck runs over your char. I´ve lost all this stuff yesterday because of this...

DhvtMYG.jpg

Crashes + V3S are causing a lot of troubles, we´re all crashing and then dying when truck runs over your char. I´ve lost all this stuff yesterday because of this...

*snip*

Seriously? It's just gear. In an game that's in Alpha currently (as much as I dislike resorting to that), but seriously. Do not get attached to your gear. Think of this as training.

Edited by SpartanxApathy
  • Like 1

They had to know... People reported this problem and me even tweeted this into eugens posts...This problem started in first release of 0,54 experimental patch.

Are you sure though? Because Eugen (I think) said on twitter that they didn't see any problems when the tested 0.54 themselves right before launch. Anyways, they are probably working hard to get it working, so we will just have to be patient i guess :)

Think of this as training.

That's how I see it. Seriously. Anyone participating in the Early Access Alpha for genuine reasons is doing so because they want to enjoy the game while it is in development and so that they can have a full understanding of the game upon its debut to the general public.

• Like 1

I was having TERRIBLE fps and low cpu usage. Usually my 6850 1GB sits at 90-100% but it was dropping down below 50% and usually dropped to 0% and sat there.

My fix for now seems to have been removing my memory launch settings, which is fine by me. Before the .54 update I had pretty much flawless gameplay with my overclocked 4790k and old 6850.

I too had a few crashes and so did my friends. Mostly on launch and not while playing. Not sure how to use the dump files.

We also noticed lots of good loot at the prison. I walked out with over 200 rounds worth of MP5 mags along with a few AK drum mags.

Which settings/launch parameters are these, exactly?

-cpuCount=4 -ExThreads=7 -maxMem=8192 -maxVRAM=1023 -malloc=system

all these or only some of them?

-

Which settings/launch parameters are these, exactly?

-cpuCount=4 -ExThreads=7 -maxMem=8192 -maxVRAM=1023 -malloc=system

all these or only some of them?

-

Would just remove all of them. But if you are really picky, I'd definitely take out everything memory related, so the last three.

Edited by ChainReactor