eugenharton

0.54 Issues

Go read this first before you do anything else:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/221393-054-hotfix-plans/

I received feedback on my crash dumps this morning. The good news is that the devs understand the problem and they are working on a hot fix.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised about all of the whining and moaning, but seriously! When all of you complained about poor frame rates, poor visuals, poor lighting effects, wacky character movement, derpy AI, etc., etc., and the devs responded by making a commitment to bring the game engine into the 21st century, did you really expect that there would be no problems/setbacks/disruptions? The reality is, that as all of the new tech, that has been in the pipeline for the past several months, is gradually merged into the stable branch, there are going to be a lot of issues. The road is going to get much bumpier, before it gets smoother. You definitely need to come to grips with that, or you need to take a break for the next few months.

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 2

Well there's this...

Untitledasd.png

Reset my character after the crash. I'm also unable to launch my game from Steam again after the update. I have to go into the folder directly and "Run as administrator" the BE file.

My game has also been randomly crashing with no error message whatsoever, both from the actual game and from the server browser.

Edited by DeatHTaX

I'm playing on an old low end machine, salvaged upgrades, box store vid card, 20lbs of cat hair in it, windowed across 3 screens at 720X3840. I'm used to playing down to the low teens for fps and carefully changing and disabling graphic setting either through the game or with notepad to get what I feel is "playable". I'm currently laughing my ass off and enjoying the hell out of this because whatever you did made my game play smoother at increased settings. Weapon swapping is less clunky by allot as well, didn't crash before, doesn't crash now.

Not saying this to be a dick, maybe one of the 40 computers they tested on was like mine and it worked well.

• Like 1

I'm playing on an old low end machine, salvaged upgrades, box store vid card, 20lbs of cat hair in it, windowed across 3 screens at 720X3840. I'm used to playing down to the low teens for fps and carefully changing and disabling graphic setting either through the game or with notepad to get what I feel is "playable". I'm currently laughing my ass off and enjoying the hell out of this because whatever you did made my game play smoother at increased settings. Weapon swapping is less clunky by allot as well, didn't crash before, doesn't crash now.

Not saying this to be a dick, maybe one of the 40 computers they tested on was like mine and it worked well.

Really? Interesting, because weapon swapping has become abysmally worse for me, as well as a couple of my other friends. My character will regularly pull out a gun or tool etc after I have hit the hotkey once, and then he'll put it away immediately. Not to mention I have to press the god damn button like 10 times to even get them to pull it out

Hello, 

I dont know whether this is the right topic to post it in but i have following issues:

When I try (on private and also public) servers, and the server gets restarted, after getting back on the map, like im spawning, i have to wait some seconds and then i get a Signature Check timeout.

I have stable Inet connection, and Im playing that game for 3 weeks now.

Can somebody tell me what Im doing wrong?

tia

Really? Interesting, because weapon swapping has become abysmally worse for me, as well as a couple of my other friends. My character will regularly pull out a gun or tool etc after I have hit the hotkey once, and then he'll put it away immediately. Not to mention I have to press the god damn button like 10 times to even get them to pull it out

Exactly what mine was like before, got killed by zombies so many times trying to swap my gun back to melee. Mine still hiccoughs occasionally but its just my computer is maxed out just playing the game and anytime windows tries to do something...   

Splints are uncraftable on all private shards i've tried, not sure about public.

I made one an a public server - it actually worked better than before, when I had to try n times before it succeeded.

The issue I have is that I can not find any animals. No animals no food.

Edited by mizzihood

I hope we can get our attachments back, its super annoying how long it took me to find some of the parts i got and in the condition that i got them, all to lose them

I have been looking for the "modular vest" attachments, I have searched the tents at myshkino and at NWAF, I have also hit up the remaining mil bases and have found none. Do they even spawn?

We had the client running for a month on 40 test machines in different iterations,

The biggest problem i have seen is your testing Dayz Internally. When you Add updates to Stable for world wide access everything breaks, because your not testing on the world wide system to begin with. Also You are always guessing what the issues are. I along with many don't have anything in our launch Parameters, Yet am getting the constant crashes, Memory Loss issues, Graphics not displaying and Persistence is broken. You have over 150 issues on the Dayz Tracker All since the update. I understand its Alpha but we are now 2 years in and the updates seems to get worse not better.

We are not two years in - we are just over a year into principle development on DayZ.

Understand that as more and more engine modules get merged in - things will get bumpier. This is a title in its development folks, and being part of software development means -bugs-. 

As always, patience is appreciated - and valid feedback tracker submissions, appreciated even more :)

• Like 12

Just seems like a lot more desync. Is it worth us adding this extra flag(and what is it?) or is that just for crashes?

Yesterday, I was thinking "wow I'm so lucky, I'm getting none of the issues people are complaining about." but today desync is a major issue. Also I was playing with a pal and he was "this is unplayable atm" but it was fine for me then we switched servers and it was kind of unplayable for me but fine for him. Eventually we found a server that was just right:D but it's bizarre the way it worked.

Unfortunately it's kind of hard to formulate a tracker ticket that covers that.

MEMORY BUG WORKAROUND

As I also just posted as notes to

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=21951

and

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=21926

you can circumvent the memory-related crash by increasing your swap file so you have 10 GB or more of (virtual) memory available. The total memory consumtion of the game is far not as big, so you should however not expect heavy (and slow) swapping to disc.

Long version:

I had the same issue, also removing starting parameters and resetting the folders in %HOME/.../DayZ (wiping config) did not help.

However I did notice using the Sysinternals Process Explorer, that directly after starting DayZ, the systems memory "Commit" increases by 7.0 GB to 7.5 GB. That increases my total commit size from around 2.0 GB (after system startup) to more than 9.0 GB.

Whats the "commit" value in Process Explorer? See

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6598097/process-explorer-what-does-the-commit-history-graph-show [^]

The value has a history graph in yellow, just hover the cursor above the graph.

My system has 8 GB of RAM and I had a swapfile of 1.0 GB in total. After increasing it to a - non-reasonable value - of 8 GB, DayZ does not crash anymore.

I believe it's a bug that DayZ, which is still a 32 Bit application, can somehow gather more than 4 GB of Ram from the system.

To circumvent, just temporarily increase your systems swap file so that you have at least 9 or 10 GB of (virtual) RAM.

Edited by germaniac
  • Like 2

In my experience the game seems to be a bit smoother, as a few others have reported. I did experience invisible zombies on a server, that ruined my jacket. (Damn it was scary to only have the zombie sounds running after you!)  :P

After the server restarted the zombies were back to normal.

I have 32 GB of RAM and GTX 570's in SLI OC'd to 910 MHz and I7 3770K OC to 4500 MHz. My RAM might be why I have few problems, though....

I have been looking for the "modular vest" attachments, I have searched the tents at myshkino and at NWAF, I have also hit up the remaining mil bases and have found none. Do they even spawn?

yeep saw vest few times damaged.

I have also noticed MASSIVE desync issues on high pops after the new patch. I saw a guy in a field 20m away from me looking at Grimey Rick, who was in the opposite direction, while he was trying to run him over with the truck, and his shots hit me and killed me.

I've also noticed people lag across my screen like they were horribly desynced. Did not happen until this patch.

With nothing in my launch parameters my game freezes up entirely and crashes.

With this in my launch parameters I have been playing fine and enjoying this patch.
-noPause -malloc=system

Edited by Jesus Christ The Goblin
  • Like 1

Okay just to sum it up.

1. Client Crashes

2. Attachments

3. Private Hives 

4. FPS/Texture issues

We had the client running for a month on 40 test machines in different iterations, the crashes memory related ones are mostly connected with deprecated launch parameters causing havoc. Rest of them are probably isolated issues with hw/sw setup and we need more input. Those willing to help please use parameter -dologs with a client to generate crashdumps. Those can be found in users/&user&/appdata/local/dayz.

Attachments were lost as the transition for the database to new nameclasses went haywire. Those attached to weapons might get restored. But no promises yet. I`ll look at it in the morning.

Private hives getting their characters reset is an issue we`ll investigate in the morning, no promises there either. But we`ll certainly try.

Same goes for the FPS/texture issues. Most of the people having them had memory related launch paramters. Remove and try again.

As always.

PS : Anything else, validate your data.

hi i sign in in dayz.com to send ny  bug report ! i did  the -dologs to launch play ,crash find the files run a DXdiag ,compress all !!sound dum ...but i doont find where to send it by the way red on black mak my eyes go crazy cant stand to  long ..

I made one an a public server - it actually worked better than before, when I had to try n times before it succeeded.

The issue I have is that I can not find any animals. No animals no food.

I splinted up fine in my private shard. just press x and c repeatedly to make sure it works.

We are not two years in - we are just over a year into principle development on DayZ.

Understand that as more and more engine modules get merged in - things will get bumpier. This is a title in its development folks, and being part of software development means -bugs-. 

As always, patience is appreciated - and valid feedback tracker submissions, appreciated even more :)

Sorry about that Brian. I guess the DayZ wikipedia page has it wrong. (DayZ began development in 2012 when the mod's creator, Dean Hall, joined Bohemia Interactive to commence work on the standalone version of the game.), This is why not only me but many others believe it to be 2 years and not just over a year. I do apologize for this misunderstanding.

Also we do understand thing will get bumpier and do appreciate everything you do. I'm a server owner because i belive in the development of DayZ.

Oh and it's not really an issue, but I hate the new hunger and thirst system.

I literally take 2 drinks and I'm stuffed for like 15 - 20 minutes. There was a point in time I was Hungry and Dehydrated in the yellow and was stuffed...

Makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 2

Things seem to run fine on my end. Got the afromentioned errormessage when closing the game :D Otehr than that it was fine ( alas dident had much time for a longer session ) Iam rather happy on how it runs on my potato.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Oh and it's not really an issue, but I hate the new hunger and thirst system.

I literally take 2 drinks and I'm stuffed for like 15 - 20 minutes. There was a point in time I was Hungry and Dehydrated in the yellow and was stuffed...

Makes absolutely no sense

Confirmed... I drank (as a fresh spawn) about 4times from well an i was stuffed but not hydrated...From thirsty and hungry :D