eugenharton

0.54 Issues

2. Attachments

After the patch I lost my long range , supressor on my mossin also another long range in my yellow box, I played about 2 hours, new long range and supressor attached, logged of and logged in everything was fine.

1. Client Crashes

I get crash once, it was raining and i was zooming in-out 2-3 times

Win7, Core i5,GTX 660, 8GB RAM

2. Attachments

After the patch I lost my long range , supressor on my mossin also another long range in my yellow box, I played about 2 hours, new long range and supressor attached, logged of and logged in everything was fine.

It was only when the upgrade to 0.54 was done the attachments disappeared. The names were changed in the database. Any new attachments you find after 0.54 will have the new name and not disappear.

Are crash sites on persistent servers working now?

And about the attachment restoring, what should we do if we had attachments inside our pants / shirt / backpack / protector cases?

They are working on .53, don't know about .54

I've been getting crashes similar to everyone else RE: Memory, however I've also been getting a crash that actually removes my cursor and forces a full system restart. 

I can't remove any legacy settings because frankly, I've never used them. Validated all files, still the same issue. 

They are working on .53, don't know about .54

Confirmed, I found a crash site on Stable .54 NJ-18 Server.  On the West end of NWAF by the tents.

I think eating should be tweaked a bit - I ate almost exclusively steaks and cans:

SZ9d8Ja.jpg

• Like 1

I think eating should be tweaked a bit - I ate almost exclusively steaks and cans:

huh, I haven't had any problems. In fact it seems to make more sense to me now.

You situation is weird though. Were you really hungry for a long time? You could have been at such an energy deficiency that even after eating you are still at a deficit. Think about someone who has been starving for a long time. Just eating one meal till they are stuff isn't enough. They need to digest several meals over time to truly replenish their body. I believe that is what DayZ is going for and what is going on with you.

I think servers are having a tough time updating statuses such as "hungry" or "stuffed" as I had to eat like 4 cans of beans to no satisfaction, I then finally found out that a quick relog updated my statuses ... Weird .

I think servers are having a tough time updating statuses such as "hungry" or "stuffed" as I had to eat like 4 cans of beans to no satisfaction, I then finally found out that a quick relog updated my statuses ... Weird .

Considering all of the memory and desync issues that is probably the likely culprit of OP

Edited by Lorax

So there is this new spawn inside a rock and no way to kill myself other then having to wait to starve.  :|

CeL1cEN.jpg

• Like 1

So there is this new spawn inside a rock and no way to kill myself other then having to wait to starve.  :|

You probably already tried it but try pressing V or even try laying down and crawl your way out.

Sometimes when you get stuck you can press V and log out quickly or yank out the internet cord then relog and find that you have escaped.

Just wanted to report that persistance is broken now on all servers - public and private. Storing gear is impossible, all servers are now non persistant. Can any body confirm this pleas?

Just wanted to report that persistance is broken now on all servers - public and private. Storing gear is impossible, all servers are now non persistant. Can any body confirm this pleas?

I'm on stable .54 NJ 2-18 (Persistent Server) and I have a bunch of backpacks on the ground that are holding their gear.  Some guns on the ground also remain after several days.  Fire pits and ovens also persistent and holding wood.  Persistence is working.  I cannot find a tent (Mil or pup tent) to test this.

I just found a mil tent.  I will report on whether it persists after server restart. <--- confirmed Mil tent and contents persistent.

Edited by Louis French

Crashes + V3S are causing a lot of troubles, we´re all crashing and then dying when truck runs over your char. I´ve lost all this stuff yesterday because of this...

DhvtMYG.jpg

I feel your pain. Lost my first ever M4 find to the game crashing while I was in a moving truck.

I just want to ask, does experimental never gave any signal of all those bugs?

Everyone I know, if they play long enough (more then an hour in some cases) will fail on that random memory error or just crash to desktop.  All start-up parameters clear, just posting to say I'd be very surprised to find these crashes are isolated occurrences. 

Everyone I know, if they play long enough (more then an hour in some cases) will fail on that random memory error or just crash to desktop.  All start-up parameters clear, just posting to say I'd be very surprised to find these crashes are isolated occurrences. 

They aren't isolated. They are affecting every single player.

Everyone in my group has crashed to this, thats 8 people.

3 of us, myself included have had it happen whilst we've been driving a V3S. Loosing an excessive amount of gear. Im talking geared M4's FNX's and a plate carrier with the vest expansion.

WE HAVE GIVEN UP.

This game is completely unplayable right now.

What an idiotic decision it was from the devs to change the way you get out of cars when you DC when theres a random CTD bug!?

What was wrong with the old method where you got out where you got in?

Sort it out, Im a long time supporter but this is the worst patch you have ever put to stable.

You wiped ALL of our gun attachments and the crash to desktop bugs are now responsible for what, 200,000+ player deaths?

Roll it back or fix your god damn game I am getting sick of your inconsistency and lazy half assed testing.

They aren't isolated. They are affecting every single player.

Everyone in my group has crashed to this, thats 8 people.

3 of us, myself included have had it happen whilst we've been driving a V3S. Loosing an excessive amount of gear. Im talking geared M4's FNX's and a plate carrier with the vest expansion.

WE HAVE GIVEN UP.

This game is completely unplayable right now.

What an idiotic decision it was from the devs to change the way you get out of cars when you DC when theres a random CTD bug!?

What was wrong with the old method where you got out where you got in?

Sort it out, Im a long time supporter but this is the worst patch you have ever put to stable.

You wiped ALL of our gun attachments and the crash to desktop bugs are now responsible for what, 200,000+ player deaths?

Roll it back or fix your god damn game I am getting sick of your inconsistency and lazy half assed testing.

Hey, man, I feel your pain but ranting ain't going to get your issues fixed. They are aware of the issues and are working their asses off to get a hotfix to stable. It's Alpha, after all. 

CeL1cEN.jpg

Happened to me.. I unhooked my cable connection and when I started the game again I was outside the rock..:)

Super gay. Cant play because I have so many fps laggs. Great patch, really f-ing great. *applause*

Edited by Max Planck
Leave your casual homophobia off of these forums, please.

Hey, man, I feel your pain but ranting ain't going to get your issues fixed. They are aware of the issues and are working their asses off to get a hotfix to stable. It's Alpha, after all. 

They hit this update out of the park though. I've always defended the Dev team but they just removed everyones attachment, apparently because they renamed files and never though of the consequences. 

Now we have a game we can not play. Oh, we can play it, but the fully geared guy who tried rushing me at Kambiwobo police station, only to log off just as he entered (From a crash) is probably done with this game too.

I feel bad shooting someone in the face under these circumstances, but hell. He'd do it to me.

Dev team. Absolutely outstanding effort. 

No amount of apologies or "Its alpha" will take away from the fact you broke your game, and literally deleted and removed hours of peoples work. 

Yes "Its alpha" but you have experimental to test these issues before you roll out an update like this one.

Sure, you want to make progress. But dont you forget the only reason you are this is far is because of US. The people who believed in the vision and bought your game.

Just sort your QC out. Its laughable.

I will be very honest here, Rain, cloudy + v3s have been crashing clients constantly with no parms in settings. High end cards, cpu, loads of memory doesn't help. You feel it starting to get laggy as a passenger. You crash, sometimes error sometimes no error. You actually dupe yourself after crashing and dying by breaking legs out of the vehicle.

I know I duped myself 20+ times today trying to get geared up, guess I have loads of mosin ammo for later :)

I am going to try and find a solution to stopping it, I don't know how but to stop the raining part. Yesterday it worked well, then today it didn't.

Good news is if you drive too quickly you can flip the new v3s to the side.

Edited by FIRMSneakydude

Do you realize it rains inside the V3S? Which is really brilliant, because you get wet and cold at the same time... if that is your kind of thing. 

Yesterday my tent along with all backpacks around it disappeared. On another server, my vest and backpack were gone after a restart (I had put them on the ground to organize inventory with a friend, the server restarted and they were gone)

The main problem with Dayz is its unreliability. Something works on one server that doesn't work on another (on one server I played, every tent I pitched disappeared for no reason, after several restarts/overnight). Sometimes you may lose your gear when you just put it on the ground and the server restarts. Most times you wont. It's a lot of guesswork and keeping fingers crossed. I'm gonna have to wait the next updates out and see if it gets better, but you devs are maybe a bit over your head, don't you think? I doubt that a new game engine can save this game. It will bring along its own set of problems and here is a game that has more problems than the mods ever had - and it's been developed professionally for over two years.

Also - admins: what's they problem about giving us a restart warning ("restart in 30 minutes")? Would it break my immersion in the game to know when I'm potentially gonna be crushed by bugs and bad coding? NO! Please start giving restart warnings on servers!

Edited by S3V3N

Also - admins: what's they problem about giving us a restart warning ("restart in 30 minutes")? Would it break my immersion in the game to know when I'm potentially gonna be crushed by bugs and bad coding? NO! Please start giving restart warnings on servers!

Oh god yes, i am so tired of getting that red text while having my stuff on the ground or standing in front of some rare item that you now can't pick up and god forbid that you happen to be inside a building a couple floors up "always afraid to glitch thru the floor and die upon impact when i start again" or even worse V3S

• Like 1