eugenharton

0.54 Issues

I know I duped myself 20+ times today trying to get geared up, guess I have loads of mosin ammo for later :)

i would be careful.... players get banned for dupping (which is a good thing actually, but in your case caused by the game itself because of the crashes and reconnecting)... so my advice: don't play DayZ SA for two weeks and give the developers some time to fix the crashes at least. It is not the first time that DayZ SA has many crashes after an update (and mostly it took about two weeks to get it fixed).

the game is duping us from all the deaths in the v3s's they cant ban for the glitches lol

Are tents on a new patch disapearing or are they still stay pitched up?

Also on wensday do they respawn or do we have to pack it up and yea please someon who has any tips about this thanks already.

Edited by Lexinator

I was wondering of they are working on the tentstorage of the military tent, we can only still use 100 slots of the 252 slots. Which is quite hard when you have alot of stuff, or a base. It would be cool if they made it possible to flip the vehicle, just like the Dayz Mod. Because the new cargo v3s truck is a bit unstable and rolls over quite easily. Me and my friend also found out that when you walk against the truck and it slowly moves, u get killed instantly. A friend of me walked against the tires because she wanted to get into the car. And this instant killed her. Are the servers DayZ NL, of vilayer and gamehost persistent? We have a few cars and tents. And we are wondering if they will disapear or not after the server maintenance on Wednesday. Hopefully someone knows the answer to one of these questions. Thankyou in advance ^^

Severe FPS issues as of the latest stable patch. No matter how much I adjust my settings, I can't get my old standard FPS back. I dip below 10 frames on a regular basis now. I have no launch parameters and have verified the integrity of my cache. I understand that lowering settings helps, and I have and it still didn't help with the dips I was getting.

But, I always see people that say to lower your settings, but that shouldn't be the matter. If there is a new patch and it's making your FPS dip and it didn't introduce a new graphical setting that was introduced by default, then clearly something went wrong.

My hardware is a tad bit outdated, but it should be able to handle any game on high/medium settings (Granted, this is Alpha, so I don't expect a whole lot, but I at least expect to run the game above 10 frames)

GTX 660 2GB VRAM

i5 OC 4.0 ghz

8gb RAM

Edited by SgtFlex

Apologies if I missed it but I've not seen anyone mention animal behaviour in 0.54.

It's virtually impossible to hunt animals now. I've not even seen a deer or boar yet but I've seen 6 cows and they have all spooked at incredibly long range, almost as soon as line of sight is established. They have then run off at extremely high speed until out of sight. Cows are domesticated animals and should not flee from humans, except possibly at very close range, unless attacked.

Whilst it is more realistic for wild animals like the deer and boar to spook at longer range at the moment it is impossible to hunt as they spook at too long range. Unless you have a Mosin with a Long Range Scope it's virtually impossible to take out an animal - even my SKS with PU scope was useless. In fact, I suspect that the reason I haven't seen any deer or boars is because they may be spooking and running away from me before they are even being drawn on my screen.

It needs to be looked into and balanced please.

Edited by krazypenguin
  • Like 1

Apologies if I missed it but I've not seen anyone mention animal behaviour in 0.54.

It's virtually impossible to hunt animals now. I've not even seen a deer or boar yet but I've seen 6 cows and they have all spooked at incredibly long range, almost as soon as line of sight is established. They have then run off at extremely high speed until out of sight. Cows are domesticated animals and should not flee from humans, except possibly at very close range, unless attacked.

Whilst it is more realistic for wild animals like the deer and boar to spook at longer range at the moment it is impossible to hunt as they spook at too long range. Unless you have a Mosin with a Long Range Scope it's virtually impossible to take out an animal - even my SKS with PU scope was useless. In fact, I suspect that the reason I haven't seen any deer or boars is because they may be spooking and running away from me before they are even being drawn on my screen.

It needs to be looked into and balanced please.

I think no one mentioned it because it has already been listed as an issue in the patch notes.

I think no one mentioned it because it has already been listed as an issue in the patch notes.

I looked at the patch notes, but all I could see was a few things about animals spinning and "animal navigation" which wasn't very clear and certainly doesn't seem to indicate that cows now have a built in radar system to allow them to detect all humans within 500 metres. But, like I say, sorry if I missed it.

Hi guys, 

I'm playing on a private shard and Wednesday pers wype didn't reset the heli crashes. Same crashes, same V3S, same police cars, new loots except on heli and police cars. The admin did a manual reset to fix it : same result Is this issue known/fixed in 0.54 exp ?

Edited by QT Rillette

I looked at the patch notes, but all I could see was a few things about animals spinning and "animal navigation" which wasn't very clear and certainly doesn't seem to indicate that cows now have a built in radar system to allow them to detect all humans within 500 metres. But, like I say, sorry if I missed it.

Hm I could've sworn I saw it somewhere.

Idk maybe I'm crazy lol

They HAVE a built in radar or what do you think are those antennas on their head for eh???

some even have radar up their arse ! 

i have proof ! 

radarfalle_kuh_1000ps_alpen.jpg

I  managed to crawl close (bow range) to a cow, but it was extremely painful and took forever - then I missed, but that is another story. What you have to do basicaly, is crawl while the cow is eating and stop while it's looking around - one misake and the cow goes on a Berezino - Zelenogorsk marathon. I'm not sure, but the deer seem even more cautius, I haven't been able to get anywhere close enough - though I spotted them with binoculars.

I actually do not have much of a problem with the exteme sensitivity of the animals (with possible exception oif the cows), the main problem I see is that you basically can't find an animal without a scope / binoculars, becasue the animal simply runs away when you're close enough to see it with normal game view. That makes spotting animals in forrests impossible, only fields with a bit covex shape are places where you can spot them - agian with binoculars.

Edited by mizzihood

Severe FPS issues as of the latest stable patch. No matter how much I adjust my settings, I can't get my old standard FPS back. I dip below 10 frames on a regular basis now. I have no launch parameters and have verified the integrity of my cache. I understand that lowering settings helps, and I have and it still didn't help with the dips I was getting.

The fps issues are most likely connected to the current memory leak going on in the game, and as such has nothing to do with your hardware. Hopefully it will be back to previous standards when they come up with a fix for the 0.54 bug.

Sorry about that Brian. I guess the DayZ wikipedia page has it wrong. (DayZ began development in 2012 when the mod's creator, Dean Hall, joined Bohemia Interactive to commence work on the standalone version of the game.), This is why not only me but many others believe it to be 2 years and not just over a year. I do apologize for this misunderstanding.

Also we do understand thing will get bumpier and do appreciate everything you do. I'm a server owner because i belive in the development of DayZ.

Development was announced August 2012 and began shortly after that.

Devblogs from September, October and November will show us this and it wasnt until December 16th 2013, they released the game in Early Acces on Steam.

This means the game is "soon" 2 years old, in 5 months we will have the 2 year anniversary of the development announcement and i think its safe to say that the development was well on its way by September 2012(unless the devblogs arent telling the truth), so in 6 months the game has been under development for 2 years.

Is that alot? Not really.

Take a game such as Watch dogs, it began development sometime in 2009, and wasnt released until May 27th 2014, after being delayed for half a year by Ubisoft. So thats 5 years for a good game.

Same with GTA 5, started development in 2009, almost directly after the release of GTA 4, was released on PS3/Xbox360 September 17th 2013, PS4/Xbone came in November 18th 2014 and we have yet to see a PC release.

What im trying to say is, good games take a hell of a lot of time to make. Can easily take 5 years to create a good game, this is not news in the gaming world.

Bohemia is still at the early stages of putting an engine together for us. It has been stated many times in devblogs, interviews and comments, that many things are being put on hold right now, because they need to finish some of the underlying architecture in the engine to support the new features.

So far we have received at least 20+ patches, both big and small, during a year and a half of early acces. I find that satisfying tbh.

Sorry for going off topic, but things like this needs to be put in perspective.

I have no issues with the current patch though, runs silky smooth and doesnt crash :)

Edited by Byrgesen

I  managed to crawl close (bow range) to a cow, but it was extremely painful and took forever - then I missed, but that is another story. What you have to do basicaly, is crawl while the cow is eating and stop while it's looking around - one misake and the cow goes on a Berezino - Zelenogorsk marathon. I'm not sure, but the deer seem even more cautius, I haven't been able to get anywhere close enough - though I spotted them with binoculars.

I actually do not have much of a problem with the exteme sensitivity of the animals (with possible exception oif the cows), the main problem I see is that you basically can't find an animal without a scope / binoculars, becasue the animal simply runs away when you're close enough to see it with normal game view. That makes spotting animals in forrests impossible, only fields with a bit covex shape are places where you can spot them - agian with binoculaTwo

I killed a deer with an axe on saturday night, and saw a couple others. They can't be that sensitive.

Development was announced August 2012 and began shortly after that.

Devblogs from September, October and November will show us this and it wasnt until December 16th 2013, they released the game in Early Acces on Steam.

This means the game is "soon" 2 years old, in 5 months we will have the 2 year anniversary of the development announcement and i think its safe to say that the development was well on its way by September 2012(unless the devblogs arent telling the truth), so in 6 months the game has been under development for 2 years.

Is that alot? Not really.

Take a game such as Watch dogs, it began development sometime in 2009, and wasnt released until May 27th 2014, after being delayed for half a year by Ubisoft. So thats 5 years for a good game.

Same with GTA 5, started development in 2009, almost directly after the release of GTA 4, was released on PS3/Xbox360 September 17th 2013, PS4/Xbone came in November 18th 2014 and we have yet to see a PC release.

What im trying to say is, good games take a hell of a lot of time to make. Can easily take 5 years to create a good game, this is not news in the gaming world.

Bohemia is still at the early stages of putting an engine together for us. It has been stated many times in devblogs, interviews and comments, that many things are being put on hold right now, because they need to finish some of the underlying architecture in the engine to support the new features.

So far we have received at least 20+ patches, both big and small, during a year and a half of early acces. I find that satisfying tbh.

Sorry for going off topic, but things like this needs to be put in perspective.

I have no issues with the current patch though, runs silky smooth and doesnt crash :)

But you miss on thing... Games which you said about have something called story line and more AI than few zombies and animals.

But you miss on thing... Games which you said about have something called story line and more AI than few zombies and animals.

And all those titles are AAA with big budgets and dev teams.  DayZ spent its first year with a very small team working on it.  So what's your point?

OP updated

Eugen,there are problems with stuffed - hungry notifications.

Can we get a word,on whether these are intentional stomach capacity and food nutritional value tweaks in light of the upcoming cooking mechanics?

Or just another bug?

Of2idiB.jpg

QgJfG9M.jpg
Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Thanks for the update.. I can now pimp out my naked guns with all the attatchments I found as replacement

Lol at least you can play the game guys, after the patch it made me impossible play.

Players and zombies teleporting, and i got no desync, good ping and nice fps lol =( thats sad im alone

Hi i have found a bug i have a m4a1 into my hands and one another into my back and i have changes server and i have lost m4a1

Thanks for reading

When you extinguish a fire with the new leather pouch, it is gone afterwards. 

Eugen,there are problems with stuffed - hungry notifications.

Can we get a word,on whether these are intentional stomach capacity and food nutritional value tweaks in light of the upcoming cooking mechanics?

Or just another bug?

Of2idiB.jpg

QgJfG9M.jpg

I'm guessing it needs more tweaking... I've had the same issue of being stuffed and hungry or thirsty, pretty difficult early on to get hydrated and energized without over stuffing yourself.

I killed a deer with an axe on saturday night, and saw a couple others. They can't be that sensitive.

Well, there is that round running bug - was it that?