SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

I also got colder and colder when I played yesterday, but then I shut the balcony door and now I'm fine.

I seen some one else is having the I'm cold bug with the Hotfix when the 0.49 hotfix updated I keep getting spammed by my guy saying he's cold all the time no matter what and so is my friend when we play   

For me, it's been server-specific. Two servers -- same weather, same time of day, same character, same equipment, same status -- on one I was cooling down, on the other I was warming up. Go figure.

That cold bug was there at some point of experimental I believe. At least I remember reading before about that before the hotfix. Bad bug have slipped in?

Had ago agian tonight just being running around got chased by a zed randomly hitting me and i cant hit him ? Ping 37, Im done

Edited by Smiley_ie
  • Like 1

Hi, in apartment complex (high-riser), balcony, rooftop and sometimes rooms. But I think you can omit kitchens and bath rooms on your search. 

Hey mate have you found one since the second 0.49 update came through? A few of us mustve gone through about 30 buildings in total both smaller and larger apartment buildings and didnt find a tent. But I noticed that those deer huts spawn loot again so maybe theyre back in there?

Hey mate have you found one since the second 0.49 update came through? A few of us mustve gone through about 30 buildings in total both smaller and larger apartment buildings and didnt find a tent. But I noticed that those deer huts spawn loot again so maybe theyre back in there?

Hi, yesterday i found a tent on the rooftop of high building in Chapaevsk.

• Like 1

For me, it's been server-specific. Two servers -- same weather, same time of day, same character, same equipment, same status -- on one I was cooling down, on the other I was warming up. Go figure.

Hi, new to the forum

I have noticed the same, it looked like i was in 2 diferent seasons, autumn in one, spring in the other. 

1 wierd thing. In the "Autumn server" it was sunny and i was getting colder and colder. On the "Spring server" it was raining like hell and i was getting warmer and warmer.

Edited by Rodsin

Hi, in apartment complex (high-riser), balcony, rooftop and sometimes rooms. But I think you can omit kitchens and bath rooms on your search. 

I found ALL my 5 tents (over some days) in the same room: If you go upstairs a floor in the highrise buildings : The Apartement to the right, backroom. I had to scan average of 8 highrise buildings every time...

...but..

...on my server where persitence is enabled, it's working fine, but no loot is respawning if taken away from players: in Tower, Prison, Police, or other buildings...even on Server restart...extremy empty at the moment :P

Edited by grillstern

Just trapped two zombies on the roof of the police building and they are not glitching back in! good job could set a nasty trap this way for some unsuspecting passerby ;p

Edited by Boesta

Yes the last 2 tents I have found were after the second 0.49 update.

Did you search on "persistence enabled" or "persistence disabled" servers? To be honest I can't remember on which type of servers I have found the tents because I tested so much servers the last days.

But as a conclusion I can say, the high-value loot(re)spawn is pretty bad if not completely broken on "persistence on" servers. You spend hours over hours for searching and you get in fact nothing real good. But if you are switching to several "persistence off" servers (best after restarts) you are in 30-60 minutes ridiculous overpowered like a one-man army (2 x AK rifles, more handguns + mags you can carry, enough (drum)mags to kill all zeds of the whole map, some nice attachments, RGD-5 granades, finest clothing, few high capacity vests, and so on. All after looting just some barracks.

This is such a blatant disequilibrium between persistence ON and OFF servers that I have no words... so when you became a walking arsenal after serverhopping a little while at persistence off servers you can just switch to a persistence on server and dump all that crap in some stashed backpacks in the woods or in a tent that you have pitched ideally before you have started your loot/hop run. Kinda lame, but ppl will exactly do that if the devs won't find a balance between persistence on and off servers. Private Hives are so badly needed to stop finally this exorbitant loot transfer...  sorry for wandering from the subject ;) I have no idea if the deer huts are spawning tents atm.

I found ALL my 5 tents (over some days) in the same room: If you go upstairs a floor in the highrise buildings : The Apartement to the right, backroom. I had to scan average of 8 highrise buildings every time...

...but..

...on my server where persitence is enabled, it's working fine, but no loot is respawning if taken away from players: in Tower, Prison, Police, or other buildings...even on Server restart...extremy empty at the moment :P

I have noticed exactly what you wrote, "persistence enabled" servers are just good for a storage purpose atm. Maybe it depends also on the population of the server, it could be possible that high-value loot will respawn better when the server is really highpop for hours, but then it seems admins have to wipe it after a while to keep it working -> all saved loot is lost. So it might be better to drop your loot on a lowpop server, but then you will not find any good stuff in a reasonable amount of time... if at all. Not very satisfying atm.  

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

I would like to reiterate that walking OVER water gets you soaked through instantly.

This has happened to me on docks and on the shipwreck.

• Like 1

I notice that my FPS didnt fell!  :) 
That thing,- whatever that was- seems to be fixed, at least in the server that I play (GHT - AWESOME SERVER by the way)

So I belive that thing it's fixed. at least for what I've seen.

Anyone else got more frames/fluid gameplay in towns?

Yeah with the introduction of 0.49 (before the hotfix) I experienced increased server and client side performance, allowing me to boost my graphics settings a bit.

Edited by solodude23

I would like to reiterate that walking OVER water gets you soaked through instantly.

This has happened to me on docks and on the shipwreck.

I noticed this as well. In any location where it is possible to walk over water but not be in it (bridge, docks, the big shipwreck, etc.) causes you to get soaked, just like if you were standing in the water. I did not see this happening until the recent patch.

Another issue that is severely under-reported here is the servers tendency to freeze and "hang" for long periods of time. Had that happen to ours a couple times the last day, where the server would appear full, or nearly so, however any player trying to join would get a "Please wait" or similar message, and little else. Any player IN the server at this point would see other players running in place, be unable to open doors or switch weapons.

Note that this happened a LOT when persistence was on, so we turned it off - of course it's still happening, only now not as often. :( This is really ruining the game atm, another "hotfix" is desperately needed SOON!

• Like 2

Another issue that is severely under-reported here is the servers tendency to freeze and "hang" for long periods of time. Had that happen to ours a couple times the last day, where the server would appear full, or nearly so, however any player trying to join would get a "Please wait" or similar message, and little else. Any player IN the server at this point would see other players running in place, be unable to open doors or switch weapons.

Note that this happened a LOT when persistence was on, so we turned it off - of course it's still happening, only now not as often. :( This is really ruining the game atm, another "hotfix" is desperately needed SOON!

I agree, had a lot of sessions ruined due to constant restarts, which I'm assuming is actually server crashes.  Cost me lose all my meat I was cooking up :(

I agree, had a lot of sessions ruined due to constant restarts, which I'm assuming is actually server crashes.  Cost me lose all my meat I was cooking up :(

Same here. My server is freezing up at least once a day now. Got on this morning to check and see how many were playing and was surprised to see a totally full server. Then I realized it showed my in game name still on the server and I stopped playing on Friday around 4:30 CST.  :huh:

Had to shutdown the server and restart it. Afraid I'm going to have to monitor this thing every few hours until they fix this issue........

I'm still having a lot of fun playing this version. I'll say it again: 0.49 is where DayZ is beginning to feel like DayZ. It feels like we're finally getting started playing the game we all signed up to test in the first place. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed my time up until now, but it's very quickly made big strides. I'm happy... and soon we'll have vehicles, barricades, smarter/tougher zombies, a more complex environment and medical system to go with it, etc.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

What's the word regarding the Event Spawns? Are the 3 possible spawns shared amongst the UH60, Mi8 and police cars? Saw this and as a fan of the M4, I'm rather concerned.

not sure about the police cars but with the chopper crashes, from what I can tell, yes. a couple more spawns wouldn't hurt in my opinion.

• Like 1

I just found something (for me) new: Tried to lean in a doorway, was only able to lean a little bit. Looked to the side, there was simply no room. Adjusted my position a little and was able to lean normally. If this was not a fluke, then I'm loving it! Being able to lean but only until you bump into the wall is something I had not expected!

Besides that at the start of 49 I had massive performance problems. Now it is not great, but better. Probably at was it was before... .

not sure about the police cars but with the chopper crashes, from what I can tell, yes. a couple more spawns wouldn't hurt in my opinion.

Oh man i would love there to be more chopper spawns cause its such a pain in the ass to run across a bunch of fields to finally find a chopper but then it has shit loot  <_< then you have to do more running or just server hop man such a pain  <_<

not sure if someone notice...but why it always rain in Chernarus every 5 minutes or less....if rains keep pouring like that Elektro and Cherno should be flooded in the center......8-)  To keep it "authentic"........