SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Out of all the updates so far, this one is my least favorite.  I can't make it to a town and find loot quick enough to prevent myself from dying of starvation or hypothermia.  There seems to be almost zero spawns now and most of the items of clothing I find are pants, which can't really keep me warm. You start off as a fresh spawn with an already very empty stomach and being cold. It's constantly raining and once you actually are able to leg it out for 10 minutes to find a small group of houses, they are usually empty.  By then, your hunger is in the red and your shaking from the cold so you don't get much time to look around before you get sick and start to die. I kept track today and out of 10 characters I played, 2 died of starvation, 6 died of hypothermia within 20 minutes, and 2 died from zombies.  If real life was like DayZ when it came to getting sick, we'd all be dead if it rained outside within 20 minutes. Who would ever know that the human body is so damn fragile to rain? Hopefully this doesn't last long.  I'll try the game again after the next stable update.  Until then, it's just way to frustrating to play because the gameplay is extremely limited to not if, but when you will die from something other then players or zombies.

But that's not everyone's experience.  You may want to inspect your survival strategies  I got sniped last night then was able to gear up fairly quickly after a respawn in Cernaya.  I had no issues with cold, only zeds.  

Well not entirely true, I did die quickly just before that come to think of it...  had at least 5 zeds chasing me all around a small town - got most of them with punches to the head but eventually bled to death.  It was actually pretty funny - running in and out of houses trying (but mostly failing) to trap them (damn glitching through walls needs to get fixed, please!). 

I've only froze to death once, my very first spawn of 0.49 where I just had a bout of bad luck.  But there have been a few patches since then I believe that have smoothed out temperature and spawns.

Our Gameaholic.se (Fragnet) PE:off has been acting up badly since the 0.49. You may get 20-30 minutes of play then it crashes. When the server hits 40/40 you can expect a "no message recevided" coming any minute. We have tried with PE:on but the spawning was out of control. 8-12 hats (or anything else) on top of each other and constant crashes. With the constant restarting getting loot is just ridiculous. And we´ve been getting complaints from players on the server that we admins abuse and restart to often.... Well without the manual restart the server we pay for you to play on goes down. And that is not what we want. I really hope we can get some answers regarding this becasue I really want to keep our server up and the game/community going. With the PE:off option we can get some uptime but you never know when you just get "receving" when trying to eat some food. Something went really wrong and I hope for a quick fix. So please devs, adress this issue. 

This ^ has been my experience tonight on multiple servers. 

edit: could be this: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212697-people-causing-server-crashes/

I've only recently had all these crashes/restarts and never as bad as tonight so maybe the exploit is out in the wild. Fixed in the next patch apparently.

Edited by freethink

There is still little else to do besides helicopter hunt or PvP once you have gear and supplies...once they add vehicles and bases and other items, it just adds more things to collect. Is it going to turn into Arma, with police in cities and borderline civilization? I look forward to added challenges for survival and survivor interaction, so getting bored enough to PvP or search the fields fields for heli's becomes less common...but still ruthless enough to shoot bandits and a-holes!!!!

Our Gameaholic.se (Fragnet) PE:off has been acting up badly since the 0.49. You may get 20-30 minutes of play then it crashes. When the server hits 40/40 you can expect a "no message recevided" coming any minute. We have tried with PE:on but the spawning was out of control. 8-12 hats (or anything else) on top of each other and constant crashes. With the constant restarting getting loot is just ridiculous. And we´ve been getting complaints from players on the server that we admins abuse and restart to often.... Well without the manual restart the server we pay for you to play on goes down. And that is not what we want. I really hope we can get some answers regarding this becasue I really want to keep our server up and the game/community going. With the PE:off option we can get some uptime but you never know when you just get "receving" when trying to eat some food. Something went really wrong and I hope for a quick fix. So please devs, adress this issue. 

Same here and our server is hosted with Fragnet as well. We turned PE:off as well for the exact same issues as you. What we've been doing is sending out messages on the server while playing especially as the server gets close to 30 - 35 players that the server could possibly restart on its own and we're not intentionally doing it. We also have been restarting the server if it doesn't crash/lockup after about 2 hours or so in an attempt to prevent a crash/freeze. Before we do, we send out a message from an admin letting everybody know we are restarting in "5 Minutes" followed by one more message stating we'll restart in "1 Minute". 

Fragnet did mention in a ticket that we submitted that they are working on a tool to restart the server without the need for BEC. Of course that doesn't help us at this point so I am hoping soon for a fix from the Day Z dev's. 

Stay positive and stay active on your server so players know you're trying everything you can to keep the server going! 

We have added I information about the server crashing in the "auto messages" and the constant restart. If we ever do a manual restart we always give a heads up. But 1-2h of gameplay we can only dream about. 25-30 minutes then someone on team speak asks: -hey anyone else have receiving when trying to eat/reload/drink? And everybody answers with a deep sigh, -yeeees......

I just wanted to post that i just got killed by a hacker again.... happens to me all the time atm ... whenever i start playing on a well populated server a speedhacking , godmode hacker pops up ... i even once saw one speedhack over a field ... looked like he was extreeeemely lagging he moved in steps of 30m maybe.

i thought this wasn't possible with the new server-client architecture ? 

i just make the experience that the standalone became the same as the mod when it comes to the appearance of cheaters for me ...  :(

Hacking is indeed still possible, and it will always be.

still have yet to find the elusive hunting knife.

yeah I've yet to find one either...Which I'd expect to find at least one by now. I figured they'd be pretty common in the more rural and secluded places inland,but I guess not.

Hacking is indeed still possible, and it will always be.

I know there will always be some ppl actually paying money for special hacks, the real problem here is :

THEY ARE COMMON

it literally took me 1-2minutes after my last post to google a working undetected hack in a forum, available for everyone, what do you think about that ? 

i cant play on any full 40 ppl server for 2-3 days in the afternoon without getting killed by a hacker atm, this is pretty much a gamebraker

i actually cant remember the last time i got killed in a proper gunfight without hackers or just caused by hunger/sickness 

and i actually never got killed by zombies since the standalone is out, only when it was my intention (suicide)

i now got to the point where i don't really trust anymore in that "new server architecture -ish thing" that took them several months to make it impossible to cheat

another point is : I really really really don't get how someone can speedhack and/or teleport anymore ?!?!?

i mean it's not incredibly hard to track the travel speed of someone being on the server, is it ? since everyone is on foot for now it should be really easy. 

if someone travels faster than possible with running in a given time, hes a hacker, period.

if someone gets hit by anything and has still the exact same blood level, hes a hacker isn't he ? 

this all should be checkable with "everything now happening server side not client" shouldn't it ? 

i don't understand the real big problem in this

Remember, as we know in recent status report, the mechanics of getting data is under development.

Remember, as we know in recent status report, the mechanics of getting data is under development.

i really hope this is not just for the purpose of looking at player movement , loot and death rates to balance the game, you know ... 

haven't really read about them developing this for security and anti cheating reasons ...

i really hope this is not just for the purpose of looking at player movement , loot and death rates to balance the game, you know ... 

haven't really read about them developing this for security and anti cheating reasons ...

The first word in Status Report - Week of 15 Sept 14 is "Security"

meh, maybe not the top priority.. lets see in the stable .50 what we got.

I'm usually not so excited by clothing but the balaclava is an excellent addition to this patch. Our identity as characters is fairly restricted by a limited choice of character models and by have a face obscuring balaclava we can imagine that beneath maybe our own faces wait to be revealed when the handcuffs are on and the words 'who are you!" are spat in our faces as the balaclava is ripped free!

You know, I haven't seen one in a long time.   In the past, they spawned just about as much as boots did, in the hangars.

The item I have been looking for in the past week the "Ammo Can" seems really rare....I have not found one any where. Been all over the map too. Norm I find those in the PDs. Seems certain items are becoming more rare. Also is it me or are pistols more rare now days?  Some items are now seem harder to come by. Others are easy to find.

On a positive note it gives me more incentive to stay alive and guard what I have. 

I have adapted my play style a great deal with this new patch. I carry a change close and log+ fire starting items around with me every where at all times if I can help it. Everything I need to start a fire. Interestingly I have come really to close to death 2 times and I was able to recover and re gear both times. The worst one was I was attack and passed out a couple times, seeing all grey and had had a fracture. I was in a military spawn all by my self too. I thought I was completely done for. But I was able to recover, re gear and get my green bars back. 9 lives lol  

Witch brings up the Ghurka Helmet....pretty cool and it saved me from what would have been certain death. This to me is the best add of .49. That helmet and the high cap vest will increase your chances if living through a nasty fight more then any thing I believe. I would love to see some old soviet army helmets added 2. 

Edited by CJFlint

We are really hoping for a fix this wednesday. This is getting out of hand. A restart is a must after about 10-30 minutes. And if no admin is constantly monitoring the server its in some sort of "cryo stasis", IE it sleeps and does not restart. I try to restart it a couple a times during the day even when im not playing and am at work. The dev-team must adress this, this is their testing grounds for the product we are paying for. I will settle for a "-shits crazy this wont be fixed until Christmas. " Its not a problem I just want an answer. 

Edited by h00t

Chopper crashes, I think.

seen a lot of crashes and no bipod... killed a tonne of suckers... no bipod.

.49 stable... (added mosin swagger) thinks they are limiting the sniper experience due to the fact that it is still to easy.. to head shot from 600+ away.

I will confirm... SMERSH VESTS ARE IN GAME!... wearing 1 as we speak!

keep on surviven!

This new update was pretty good (in items and weapons). The dissapointing thing is however some loot spots were changed. Most cars except one don't spawn loot in them anymore(the only source of 9mm rounds besides magazine for me). The blue storage things don't spawn loot anymore. Police cars are bugged again (except in sevogrand or what ever)some other loot spawn changes. Another very annoying bug came. When you clicking to attack you sometimes change to something else. It says hunting knife was added but I have not seen any or anyone with it. The best additions were the balaclvas and electric weapons.

where information about new update?? maybe smb sleeping of blue\green guys?

where information about new update?? maybe smb sleeping of blue\green guys?

Stop it TopDen, you are doing yourself no good with your little comments.

If you are referring to the Status Report it is still being worked on and will be posted soon.

Just a small bit of feedback for 0.49 pistol clips are far too rare- only about 1 clip spawns per restart, near impossible to find the clip u want.

Please spawn pistols with 1 or 2 clips that they need, why would someone store a pistol in a house with no clip? Also doesnt make sense.

I enjoy keeping the game hard and reducing weapon spawns but 0.49 has nerfed things far too much. I also think moving Balota was a terrible design decision, it has made balota as pointless as NE Airfield, and was un-neccessary, because the game should be designed around 40 player servers, not balanced around  people who server hop low pop servers.

Balota was a dangerous place to loot due to the players guarding it on high pop servers. But the dev team have moved the barracks which balances balota against low pop server hopping bambis. Balota was fine before

Also the guy above is right about the bug, often when meleeing the character randomly pulls a random item from the taskbar numbers, and same when shooting occasionally pulls out a random gun. At least you fixed the character deciding to throw his gun off buildings glitch.

Edited by AgentNe0

Started playing again this week, finally starting to think "oh this game is going the right direction :D" with a big smile. 2 minutes later I fall trough a building and loose my 6 hours of gameplay earned gear due to me falling... trough the freaking floor. And yes I ran back but someone took it all..

I just ran, and suddnely I was dead, I saw the message "your leg is in pain", "your leg is in extreme pain" or something like that and the screen said "you're dead". When I came back I could see myself on the floor outside of the building like I freaking suicided from the windows. I know it was me since I had some minor gear left on my corpse.

I mean what the heck, the alpha have been out for almost 1 year now, and you still fall trough the building floor to a certain death while just walking? Not even being close to the walls or anything..

Please stop adding gear no one wants such as electrical sticks and crap like that and put ALL YOUR programmers, designers and developers to fix the current glitches problems instead of adding more and more problems for you to solve.