SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

hoping for an experimental update or stable update today, where the servers actually don't crash so persistent items actually save and dont get lost every time the server crashes ...

Today extended maintenance again? Somebody knows more about, do we get maybe an update? 

Edited by Sharplooter

Seems like they screwed us Aussies, no servers for us without 300+ ping.

Since you're obviously playing on stable, where there are literally thousands and thousands of servers are available, it has to be a problem on your end. I regularly play on Aus/NZ servers from the other side of the planet with less than 300 ping and I definitely do not have the greatest connection.

Today extended maintenance again? Somebody knows more about, do we get maybe an update? 

No update as you may have noticed, but I'm kinda hoping they've improved the server stability..

I've had my ups and downs with this new update. The downs mainly have been with my own server and its reliability. I've tried turning persistence off and on, and from what I've seen, it doesn't make a difference as the server still crashes randomly and/or will start to lag/fall behind severely. This seems to be the case especially when the server starts to reach 30+ players. I've pondered the idea of clearing out my script for BattleEye Extended Controls so its not displaying so many global messages all the time, but I don't know if that would help and since today is Wednesday i'm hoping the Dev's are going to release another hotfix to help server performance. We are monitoring the server every couple of hours and restarting it when it appears locked up which sucks for persistence b/c most of the time items are not coming back after restart :(, but we want folks to able to continue to play on the server. 

What I have enjoyed with this update is the introduction of having to survive the elements more. I hope they continue to develop off of what they have in this update and we see new changes with each new update. Its going to be nice to not have to always wear warm clothes for example all the time. Also I hope during the day you won't have to use a fire so much to warm up. If you're well clothed (hat, gloves, jacket, pants, boots etc) then you shouldn't cool down to the point where you're now "COLD". So far it seems like you cool down no matter what unless you have a fire, or run constantly and contentiously eat. I certainly respect that this is the first update so looking forward to what's next when it comes to surviving the elements. 

Eugen Harton @eugenharton Follow

Experimental update incoming, No ETA.

12:51 PM - 1 Oct 2014

I wanted to start the discussion topic but apparently I cannot create a topic in the experimental forum.... How did haknslash make the last one? Did Boneboys pull the topic in from another section?

Meh.

No update as you may have noticed, but I'm kinda hoping they've improved the server stability..

Yep I hope also that we got some minor improvements, we will see the next few days or maybe not :D

I've tried turning persistence off and on, and from what I've seen, it doesn't make a difference as the server still crashes randomly and/or will start to lag/fall behind severely. This seems to be the case especially when the server starts to reach 30+ players.

I noticed that too, 40 slots servers are crashing every 15-45 mins if they are full. 30 slots servers works much better/longer, even when they are full.

Edited by Sharplooter

NEED HELP!

server reset with 6 friends on it.

I log in and get reset so does another friend. Other 4 are peachy..

We both leave servers to others we use. mine persistent his not.

We both leave instantly and return back to the server that had reset...

He gets his character back I lose mine...

W...........T...................F.......................

I didn't try to rejoin straight away and was 4th to try enter the server!

Is the game stable or is this a know issue cause losing a character that's been alive for a week+ literally nothing needed but food/drink is frustrating as f....

(i.e. ammo box, m4 with the lot except a bipod, fnx clipped gorka gear, gas mask, 3x 60 clips.)

Is there a way to get it back? I've exited the game for tonight and will search for options..

any info on the matter would be appreciated all I can find Google wise is character resets about the patch change.. 

Finally managed to survive!

Spawned in...I don't know, a new town I believe it has a river/canal going through it if that helps and it appears as though nobody had been there so there was actually loot found a raincoat(pristine) within a couple of minutes, a zuccini and a pickaxe!

I went on to find water bottles, canteens, cans of food, cattle prods, stun baton, mother fudging pristine splitting axe, matches, rice and cereal.

The DayZ gods have finally given me a break it seems.

Left a burlap sack next to my fire when I logged out...if I join the server again I wonder if it'll be there...

Hilarious though.

I joined the server and turned to my girlfriend to say "If I just stand here how long before a zombie attacks me?"

Didn't even get to finish the sentence XD virtually every time I spawn it's like a zombie friend comes with me.

The game seemed to run fine too, a little choppy but it was in a huge town so can't complain.

The only issue I'm having is that I don't seem to get warm, if I'm close to the fire it's "My face is melting!" and as soon as I move away "I am shaking" warming up seems to take a long time.

NEED HELP!

server reset with 6 friends on it.

I log in and get reset so does another friend. Other 4 are peachy..

We both leave servers to others we use. mine persistent his not.

We both leave instantly and return back to the server that had reset...

He gets his character back I lose mine...

W...........T...................F.......................

I didn't try to rejoin straight away and was 4th to try enter the server!

Is the game stable or is this a know issue cause losing a character that's been alive for a week+ literally nothing needed but food/drink is frustrating as f....

(i.e. ammo box, m4 with the lot except a bipod, fnx clipped gorka gear, gas mask, 3x 60 clips.)

Is there a way to get it back? I've exited the game for tonight and will search for options..

any info on the matter would be appreciated all I can find Google wise is character resets about the patch change.. 

I had this issue a couple days ago. I signed back in to the same server I had been on for like 2 hours after a restart and my character was gone. I tried like 2 or 3 other servers before finally saying "screw it" and rejoining my buddy on the original server. As luck would have it, there was my old character. Go figure.

Hope not. I and a friend are alive one month ago!

@Renigade

Shit happens, and sometimes you lose your stuff while your friends get to keep theirs, not much you can do about it. 

@Renigade

Shit happens, and sometimes you lose your stuff while your friends get to keep theirs, not much you can do about it. 

it does happen...

didn't expect a game that claims it stable to crash the 1 thing that is the game... your character.

the game isn't * stable * disclaimer or not...

appreciate the replys to ty..

time to shelve dayz till the issue is fixed, I cant support/test a game that is a blatant lie. I don't play the game to be done like that. 

I understand bugs, glitches, hackers etc.. I understand the disclaimers before and after the purchase of the game.

fact the 1 part of the game that SHOULD BE F..ING stable isn't!

peace out dayz'ers! goodluck!

I noticed that too, 40 slots servers are crashing every 15-45 mins if they are full. 30 slots servers works much better/longer, even when they are full.

Good to know as I have not had much time to play this week except for about an hour or so and didn't go on any 30 player servers. I have the option to drop play count down to 30 so I might do that for the time being. You're spot on with the amount of time a server stays up and running. I had a few admins yesterday monitor our server closely and they said the same thing, that it would stay up from anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes before they needed to manually restart depending on how quickly it filled up.

I am happy to say that I personally have my health/hunger/thirst and need for warmth under control. I'm currently equipped with a black beanie, black wool coat, black gloves, black jeans and black boots. I have a large backpack to store my fireplace kit, food and two canteens and vitamins. With all that I've managed to have hunger/thirst/healthy green bars now for several day's. I've tried not to let my hunger or thirst fade from green so I limit my run times to about 15 - 20 mins (if on a long haul across the map) in which I'll stop. Start a fire and eat/drink to return my status' back to bright green. I usually keep my fire going for no more the 2 - 3 mins while I eat drink.

Personally as I've said before I'd like to see the need to warm up via fire reduced especially during day hours and when well dressed like my current character.

Something as simple as going inside a building to minimize the impacts from the outside (aka taking shelter) would be nice, but the more I think about it, I can't recall one building that doesn't have the windows blown out........

Edited by The Riddler

Wtf.. Someone just somehow destroyed Elektro with a bomb. If this is a new hack they need to get on it asap.

yup:

That was new one for me

That looks like Novo (New Town) to me? Not Elektro?

Was that multiple explosions in a row? Did any body's Audio pick it up? I noticed in the video it did not pick up the sounds.......

it does happen...

didn't expect a game that claims it stable to crash the 1 thing that is the game... your character.

the game isn't * stable * disclaimer or not...

It has nothing to with stable, it's more of a hive connection problem. Word of advice : never, and I mean never get attached to your gear. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

That looks like Novo (New Town) to me? Not Elektro?

Was that multiple explosions in a row? Did any body's Audio pick it up? I noticed in the video it did not pick up the sounds.......

The video is Novo. I just searched youtube and found a similar event. Yes, sounds like multiple but looks like one.

Edited by aasand

..//..

But as a conclusion I can say, the high-value loot(re)spawn is pretty bad if not completely broken on "persistence on" servers. You spend hours over hours for searching and you get in fact nothing real good. But if you are switching to several "persistence off" servers (best after restarts) you are in 30-60 minutes ridiculous overpowered like a one-man army (2 x AK rifles, more handguns + mags you can carry, enough (drum)mags to kill all zeds of the whole map, some nice attachments, RGD-5 granades, finest clothing, few high capacity vests, and so on. All after looting just some barracks.

This is such a blatant disequilibrium between persistence ON and OFF servers that I have no words... so when you became a walking arsenal after serverhopping a little while at persistence off servers you can just switch to a persistence on server and dump all that crap in some stashed backpacks in the woods or in a tent that you have pitched ideally before you have started your loot/hop run. Kinda lame, but ppl will exactly do that if the devs won't find a balance between persistence on and off servers

..//...  

Just want to say - this is EXACTLY true - and it probably explains why the "persistance off" servers are so full of players and why all the "clan/private we kick" servers are all "persistance off" ....

(if there are ANY exceptions to this on clan servers etc - sorry dudes, you're rare people)

but what I said above, agrees with Sharpshooter and it IS is around 100% TRUE ...the first time I went in ONE non-presistent barracks (last night) I was FRIGHTENED by the gear in there.. hi cap vest, 2 AKs, an SKS, a Mosin.. and ALL kinds of ammo... plus backpacks and every kind of mil clothes, helmets, camo pants, boots, jackets, all pristine, worn or damaged. Wasn't hardly space to move.

AND I come from spending days on persistent servers looking for a scope for an SKS, and AMMO for it (but I was OK on that, I found a full 7 rounds since 0.48). ... and it already took me a WEEK to find that gun. Say nothing of the fact I had a kids satchel to carry stuff in for the whole time.

I don't MIND if there's a lot of gear or only rare gear, I'd just like to know that I can stay on a persistent server and search and I will find maybe a pickaxe to mine a rock and make fire before I die (maybe) and I DONT have to go onto a non-persistent sever, where there definitely are 3 pickaxes in every factory and one in every shed. Because that encourages server hopping and leaves us straight un-equipped still-surviving dudes ALL ALONE on the persistent servers.

ps - does anyone KNOW if tents REALLY stay persistent on persistent servers now, ??? or are they sometimes there, sometimes gone, and mainly no one knows what might happen to them? I'd like to know when persistant storage definitely WORKED and you could rely on it. I'm a kind of backwoods player, ya know ?

I want to hear something OFFICIAL about TENTS working or NOT... Just a WORD... I can wait, but I'd like to know where we are, please? thanx ?

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

(Theory: People who get attached to gear probably didn't play the mod.)

I will not return to stable until some of the DC issues are fixed, I don't like playing on higher ping servers just to stay in game longer than 15 minutes.

Wtf.. Someone just somehow destroyed Elektro with a bomb. If this is a new hack they need to get on it asap.

yup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUHmiQT-_lCFxy4poi8CwISA&feature=player_detailpage&v=34Q69BBhTi4#t=166

That was new one for me

I don't know why anyones surprised by this kind of thing. Anything that was possible in Arma 2 seems to be possible in DayZ SA. Sure they might of fixed somethings, but maybe if they really cared about hacking/exploits they would of started from scratch. Instead of trying to patch DayZ in to Arma 2.

My server has now restarted twice on its own within 15 minutes. Its highly annoying b/c its kicking back at least 30 if not 40 seconds before the message is displayed causing us to lose anything we picked up or did like bandaging/eating etc. Is it possible we have another "Throw Splint = server restart" bug that we don't know of? Trying all kinds of things now to see if its something we've done in our changes. 

If its not just our server I hope they fix this soon! 

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone noticed this, but you get out of breath alot faster now when running with your weapon out as opposed to running with it on your back.

Broke my legs again for no reason. Didn't have a splint either so I had to crawl for half an hour before some wanna-be sniper finally put me out of my misery. Is this issue being adressed? It only seem to happen in prison buildings, Air traffic control towers and fire stations.