SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Something interesting I noticed

After the .49 hot fix there was an issue with rapid cooling and no way to warm back up. Seemed like no matter what how much close I had on my avatar would get cold, and not warm up until I lite a fire. The 1st night of the hot fix I lite 3 fires in 3 hours, just to keep my avatar from freezing to death. My avatar body temp was always on a downward trend, no matter what. I was fully geared.

Last night when I played it the temp system seemed to be back to normal, I started as a fresh spawn and played around 3 hours, and my avatar only got cold once. Then warming up after I got a jacket. Never had to lite one fire. It was also fairly cold on the 2 servers I was one, one was even cold and rainy. I even got wet. But no problems.

It seems the temp issues might be fixed? Anyone still seeing the temp issues?

Edited by CJFlint

After the .49 hot fix there was an issue with rapid cooling and no way to warm back up. Seemed like no matter what how much close I had on my avatar would get cold, and not warm up until I lite a fire. The 1st night of the hot fix I lite 3 fires in 3 hours, just to keep my avatar from freezing to death. My avatar body temp was always on a downward trend, no matter what. I was fully geared.

Last night when I played it the temp system seemed to be back to normal, I started as a fresh spawn and played around 3 hours, and my avatar only got cold once. Then warming up after I got a jacket. Never had to lite one fire. It was also fairly cold on the 2 servers I was one, one was even cold and rainy. I even got wet. But no problems.

I went through a stage (friday I think) where I could only get warm next to fires so had to light them every 20-40 minutes. I posted about it around the forum. I verified my game cache and haven't needed a fire since. It seems quite a few people have experienced similar. I'm not sure of the solution/cause but people who don't experience the bug tend to presume you are just bad at the game. Must say, I kind of enjoyed beating the cold even though it was over the top.

• Like 1

Yesterday I experimented some like this. Running in the forest I have to set a fire 4 or 5 times to warm up, then I noticed that my pants are ruined... :P

But I think this is pretty real. The game are localized into Czech Republic, and the climate are really cold (http://www.holiday-weather.com/prague/averages/)
Think this: you are wearing a t-shirt, pants and running shoes in 7ºC (45ºF)!! I freeze just thinking.

There's a "bug" in fire and warming up. If you get closer to a fireplace and receive the "You are slowly warming up" report just once, you are good to extinguish the fire and go on. No need to wait a while. There's a report for this bug (http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=17513
  • Like 1

I went through a stage (friday I think) where I could only get warm next to fires so had to light them every 20-40 minutes. I posted about it around the forum. I verified my game cache and haven't needed a fire since. It seems quite a few people have experienced similar. I'm not sure of the solution/cause but people who don't experience the bug tend to presume you are just bad at the game. Must say, I kind of enjoyed beating the cold even though it was over the top.

Interesting, that is something I have not done "virified game chache". I'm going to do that next time just for good measure. Sounds like you were seeing the same thing I was seeing.

After the hot fix when I saw this bug, I too kind of enjoyed the survival aspect of it. The 1st time I got cold, I had some meat too, so I cooked while I warmed up. But as time went on, I noticed my avatar was going from warm to "cold" in about 15 minutes, this while running at full speed. This became an issue after 3 hours.

Last night when I played no issues with it. Whats crazy is, started I had only a pair of jeans.....No issues with cold that could not be resolved. Geared up over 3 hours. Was cold a couple of times in the begining but my temp came back up. No fires required...not that I don't want to. Just not once an hour.

Fun thing was just up until last night I new there was a serous bug so I wasn't taking the game that serous, some times it fun to run around and test mechanics....The what ifs that can get you killed. I learned a few things messing around not caring. The strangest thing that happened was I aggro 2 zombies, then sat down.....The zombies ran right up to me then stoped. They did not attack, they just stood there right next to me. The once I stood up they began there attack again. I could not replicate it after. Was pretty crazy.

Edited by CJFlint

How do I dry my clothes?

They get "DAMP" status and I don't know how fix it (without log in another server, I want the right way).

Make a fire, wring clothes out if possible and lay them down on the ground by the fire. Takes a few seconds and they're dry. You don't need to remove items in them even.

• Like 1

Make a fire, wring clothes out if possible and lay them down on the ground by the fire. Takes a few seconds and they're dry. You don't need to remove items in them even.

Wring its a option when I right click on damp clothes?

Wring its a option when I right click on damp clothes?

It's supposed to be. It's broken in 0.49 Stable, I think (the option doesn't show up).

It's supposed to be. It's broken in 0.49 Stable, I think (the option doesn't show up).

Oh, sadly.. keep changing server.

thank you btw

Wring it works on some clothes, not all. And you don't need to wring clothes to dry them if you have a fire.

thank you btw

Just taking them off and laying them down works ,doesnt take long and there dry ( my woolen coat went from wet to dry in about 30 seconds)

I just figured you could get clothes only so dry by wringing, which would make sense.

I wonder if anyone managed to get a Smersh vest or a RAK, because Soviet helis only spawn junk.

Edited by Karakoz

Wring it works on some clothes, not all. And you don't need to wring clothes to dry them if you have a fire.

What clothing does wringing out work for? None of the times I've played on 0.49 Stable have I been able to wring out anything. That includes shirts, pants, etc. In 0.49 Experimental you couldn't wring out things like vests or hats, but that makes sense.

Edited by Tatanko

Stringing up rope between two trees or something similar to hang up your clothes might be a cool way to dry them off faster.

You may need to find nails and a hammer too depending if your attaching the rope to something you can tie it around,

or if it is a wall, doorway, or something similar, but that may be unnecessary.

Would be sweet IMO to have a tent and a campfire with your laundry hanging up close to the fire between two trees. :D

AFter all this time playing i have really only now started to pack a rock so i can sharpen the axe machete etc. I just have to ask is it just me or does anyone else think 4 slots is excessive for a rock ???

• Like 2

AFter all this time playing i have really only now started to pack a rock so i can sharpen the axe machete etc. I just have to ask is it just me or does anyone else think 4 slots is excessive for a rock ???

Maybe the right question is: How this guy can carry as much weight and keep running!!

So if I have a badly damaged axe/machete, does sharpening it on a rock restore it to worn? Like using the sewing kit on badly damaged pants restores them to worn?

So if I have a badly damaged axe/machete, does sharpening it on a rock restore it to worn? Like using the sewing kit on badly damaged pants restores them to worn?

nope takes it from badly damaged to damaged which is better than ruined of course.

What clothing does wringing out work for? None of the times I've played on 0.49 Stable have I been able to wring out anything. That includes shirts, pants, etc. In 0.49 Experimental you couldn't wring out things like vests or hats, but that makes sense.

I don't know exactly but most clothes seem to work for me except vests and some camo clothes. But as someone else stated they don't go dry, only from wet to damp. I have noticed though that running around in the sun with damp clothes can also dry them.

If anything theres an issue for being cold and eatingfood, that was recently fixed but it was horrible, no matter how much I ate I'd starve to death or freeze to death

Maybe the right question is: How this guy can carry as much weight and keep running!!

Well considering its a 4 slot rock that makes it as large as the cooking pot so its not a rock its a small boulder lol. If i was going to carry a nice flat rock to sharpen my bladed gear it would be palm of my hand size or slightly larger not cooking pot size which would weigh like 20 kg or so (depending on type of rock it is)

Seems like they screwed us Aussies, no servers for us without 300+ ping.

thank you btw

If clothes are soaked you wring them out, if there damp they dry after a short while themselves, never had a problem only that on some servers you need to take clothes off and on to update status like the sewing bug