SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Nah, there's a different knife called "Combat Knife" that should be getting added (maybe? supposedly? it's a little confusing). As a matter of fact, the M9A1 is one of the few things you can't use to skin an animal (which is my goal here). I believe the SKS bayonet can, because it's more of a knife versus a point.

What basinox said. I do wish I could find a Combat Knife as well, I almost always have Military Boots on. If I could put a Hunting Knife in my Military Boots (or some other type of boots) that would be awesome.

I just found the combat knife actually.. and have it added to my Military boots.  The hunting knife being able to be added to the mil boots would make sense..  Never seen it in DayZ SA though, only seen and used it in the DayZ mod.  

Is anyone else having this melee/getting your drink out bug?

I've died due to it about 5 times now.

Generally what happens is you are swarmed by zombies, trying to kill them and then you randomly get a drink out...

It has been noted already that this only happens if you click faster than you actually attack.

-Persistence (Server state can become corrupted due to grenades stored in containers)

-Melee (When using rapid left click there is a high chance that melee weapon will get switched)

-Broken shadows in some cases

If you only click to attack, you will find that this will not happen. So wait for your attack animation to finish before you click attack again.

Edited by ColdAvoral

Hope they release a hotfix today, I want to have a good persistence mode that is working for the servers.

Would be a awesome next good step for DayZ.

Hoping..... =)

SolidKalle

I just found the combat knife actually.. and have it added to my Military boots.  The hunting knife being able to be added to the mil boots would make sense..  Never seen it in DayZ SA though, only seen and used it in the DayZ mod.  

May I ask where you found the combat knife?

Been looking for a long time now.

May I ask where you found the combat knife?

Been looking for a long time now.

I have only found them at Blackhawk crash sites. Thus far. M4 attachments, 300 round box, M4A1 and FNX45's also seem exclusive to them. Though not the mags, I found FNX45 Mags in civilian magazine spawn locations. (Police Station, Office Buildings (the ones with a foyer and a small room with shelving and boxes on the roof.) Schools and Fire Stations.)

• Like 1

AlsoAmphibia S only at crash sites mags at police stations (rare loot) more rare than mp5-k in my experiance

Also Were still missing the MP5 Buttstock it no longer spawns with the gun, making the gun look pretty funny, when scoped, but very inacurte

ATM only 2 password protected "TEST" servers on with the build 0.49.124972 instead of 0.49.124971 (30 ppls in btw) Hope they will bring an update today, otherwise the stable servers would be back already, right? *hope* 

Edit:

AlsoAmphibia S only at crash sites mags at police stations (rare loot) more rare than mp5-k in my experiance

The Amphibia S in DayZ is one of the most disappointing suppressed guns I ever played in a game. Its weakness isn't the problem but the gun is audible to far (for video game rules).

I know in real life suppressed guns are louder and you usually need to use subsonic ammo to avoid the supersonic crack, but this guy here in the yt video wrote in the comments related to the Amphibia:

The porting is there simply to bleed away gasses propelling a typically supersonic round to get the bullet subsonic, and thus have no supersonic crack.

So what's the reason for the loudness of the Amphibia S in Dayz? Because placeholder? Oh I am sorry...

It's absurd that one of the worst guns is so rare. 

Edited by Sharplooter

Is anyone else having this melee/getting your drink out bug?

I've died due to it about 5 times now.

Generally what happens is you are swarmed by zombies, trying to kill them and then you randomly get a drink out...

I've found that this is due to having something in the number 3 on your action bar, if you keep the third space clear then it won't happen.

ATM only 2 password protected "TEST" servers on with the build 0.49.124972 instead of 0.49.124971 (30 ppls in btw) Hope they will bring an update today, otherwise the stable servers would be back already, right? *hope* 

I hear something about a hotfix for server crashes so that might be out today.

I hear something about a hotfix for server crashes so that might be out today.

Related to crashes when persistence is enabled? Or servers crashes in general?

Edit:

Eugen Harton via twitter:

New patch under testing (fixes for two server crashes and map changes), maitenance will get extended. Please be patient.

Edited by Sharplooter

They extended to test some server crash fixes. So, crash fixes? Hopefully persistence corruption will be fixed so I can drop my tent.

• Like 1

He used the word "deploying" which leads me to believe we are getting an update today. How big and everything that it covers is anyone's guess, but it should be small if the rumors are any indication. If this is really just a better version of 0.49, you'll see no complaints from me :) 0.49 has been great, a refined version of it would be even better.

I'm pretty certain this is going to be a Stable update as well, not Experimental. If it is, I'm wondering if we'll see an Experimental update as well. Hmm.

Edited by Tatanko

Stable 0.50 incoming 529.5 MB

Yay, time to suicide my stable character.

Yay, time to suicide my stable character.

Ha! Why ever so?

Ha! Why ever so?

Well for one, the first few hours with a new avatar I find most fun. Also I feel like if the world has changed in any way, even little map changes, my dude is no longer "legit" in a way. It just feels dirty and wrong to keep him as he developed in a place with different rules and reality.

Edited by Ebrim

Seems a bit big for a fix, maybe new items unlocked?

We'll see. Eugen just tweeded that the patchnotes will come soonish.

Hotfix : Stable - 0.49.124972

-Fixed a server crash caused by ragdoll

-Fixed a server crash and persistance corruption

-Map changes

-Persistance is enabled again by default on official servers. And is available as an opt in for all servers.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211680-hotfix-stable-049124972/#entry2120467

Please continue and give feedback on Hotfix.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Allright, it's not 0.50, it's 0.49124972

I figured as much. Totally okay with it. 0.50 will perhaps be much bigger then. The question is: when?